What is your belief in God? (No racism or flaming please)

solosdk

Hmm, FTFY.

If we are to blame concepts for people's actions in life, then none have done wrong and ideas are to blame for it all.

If the Quran/Hadith says that the penalty for death is apostasy is execution, is the murder of said apostate the fault of the religion, or the prosecutor(s)? It's the fault of both his parents, and the religion, but far more so the religion.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I still go to church with Christmas and Easter, I don't mind, it's only an hour tops. They don't suspect a thing.

But I won't let my kid be influenced by them if I ever have one, they can bite me if they think they can get him/her,

They have this other family as friends, also Christians and Arab.

Been to their house a couple of times, the kids are just brainwashed, it's so damn scary to see that stuff. It's not like they are strict or something, but the mother was complaining about internet ads showing lingerie or some sort of more than usual nudity, and I pretty much facepalmed because if you get offended by that....well....never mind.

Luckily I was able to think for myself. (no offense)

I think that sometimes people are unable to grasp the vastness of the universe or the cruelty around them every day. This is why they gravitate towards religion, as a easy relief and/or solution, which is fine, but don't harm others with it.

Also I find it weird that religious people know fairy tales and such and see that as fiction. Yet their own god is real according to them and somehow not a part of fiction.

No offense, I don't have anything against religion if you find happiness in it and don't harm or indoctrinate others.

How I feel about saying "No offense" with your prior comments:

If the Quran/Hadith says that the penalty for death is apostasy is execution, is the murder of said apostate the fault of the religion, or the prosecutor(s)? It's the fault of both his parents, and the religion, but far more so the religion.

I disagree entirely. It is the fault of the prosecutors for upholding an unjust law. Obviously that is easy for me to say when I consider such a law unjust and I fully realize that they would not. However, I fully believe there is a natural distinction in humans to do what is right (in this case, not uphold such a law), but at the same time that can be repressed by way of teaching them otherwise and them acting in opposition to whatever may be right (in this case, upholding the law and taking the life of another human). 

Say what you will, but blame is always on the person in my eyes when they knowingly do something like this. Some might say "it's their culture/religion." But we all know full and well that those things can change, because we've seen countless times that they do. Unless we want to just ignore most of human history and still blame the institutions rather than the ones who run them for the evil that is done in this world.

I think the idea of blaming such things is absurd primarily because it will change nothing. You can't win a fight against an idea, a concept, or anything similar, but you can change people. Directing fault in this regard ends up being meaningless because of that.

Edit:

Mind you, I'm Christian, so blame is utterly and absolutely pointless in my life. I mean in a "how can we change this current situation..." kind of way. Not a "they are horrible people, we should kill, maim, and destroy them all for what they've done..." kind of way. 

Eh. That probably came out weird/not how I intended, but I hope you get the idea.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

You cannot prove something exists if it is based on faith.

You may be able to if, say, Jesus returned to Earth and we witnessed it, etc. However, you are not able to if it is only reliant on faith to support its existence (ie. The Dragon In My Garage by Carl Sagan).

Theist

I don't regularly practice my religion though. I mainly just get my beliefs and whatnot from it, although I do believe that everything about the religion (at least the offshoot of it that I'm in) is true. 

I know I'm in the minority for this poll, but hey, if you don't hate on me, I won't hate on you. Deal? Good. 

COMIC SANS

I'm Buddhist but not hardcore Buddhist. I like their principle but not so much on practice. Many times they hold an charity event, build temple but I don't see a point giving to them while most people donate them lots of money and hope that their life will be better. There are way more people out there who really need food, clothes and etc. I rather donate and help them, make me feel much better :D

Another thing I don't really like about religions is wars. Many time religions are used as an excuse to start wars and I feel bad for innocent people in those countries. All religions teach people to love but this isn't love.  :(

wat *confused*

Well, you said "if you assume Time has always been" (paraphrased), but the Big Bang isn't an explosion in space. It is an explosion of space. Space itself expanded from nothing because it came from an infinitely small point (i.e. no space), according to the theory.

Therefore, if it came from no space, and space and time are one in Space-Time, then Time began when Space began, at the Big Bang. If we want to go along with the theory anyway.

Just saying.

I'd say you're misunderstanding it.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I'm an atheist. I was raised in a Catholic family, and even when I was younger, the idea of there being an all powerful deity never really caught on with me. 

CPU: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr 3 @ 1150 MHz core/6300 MHz memory | Motherboard: Some crap OEM H67 mATX board | RAM: 16GB Patriot G2 Series Division 4 @ 1333 MHz | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i | Mouse: CM Storm Inferno | Keyboard: crap OEM keyboard (Soon to be replaced with a CM Storm Quickfire TK) | Headphones: Audiotechnica ATH-M50's | Speakers: Corsair SP2500's

My personal belief is that there are forces in this universe in which man can never understand and should stop personifying it as some god to fit an agenda. Live your life for the sake of living it I say.

To clarify, All Atheists are essentially Agnostic. It is dishonest to assert by fact something that is not inherently true, and truth is demonstrable and testable under the scientific method. So what I am getting at is Atheist, Theist, Or Agnostic, no one can prove or disprove the existence of and supernatural deity, just like I can't disprove the existence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster or the Invisible Pink Unicorn. 

Having said that, the Word Agnostic shouldn't be used IMHO because it's just implied whether you are a Theist or an Atheist.

BTW, there are more than 3 categories for a belief system and I think that you should include more...

I am an Atheist btw.

:)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

huehuehue.jpg?w=590

I see what you did there...

Every time I see that picture I laugh a lot and pee a little xD

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

To clarify, All Atheists are essentially Agnostic. It is dishonest to assert by fact something that is not inherently true, and truth is demonstrable and testable under the scientific method. So what I am getting at is Atheist, Theist, Or Agnostic, no one can prove or disprove the existence of and supernatural deity, just like I can't disprove the existence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster or the Invisible Pink Unicorn. 

Having said that, the Word Agnostic shouldn't be used IMHO because it's just implied whether you are a Theist or an Atheist.

BTW, there are more than 3 categories for a belief system and I think that you should include more...

I am an Atheist btw.

:)

Exactly, it's not a straight up black and white question.

Let's take Atheism. Some Atheists are down to earth people who are humble with their view points and then there are obnoxious as all hell Atheist that treat Atheism in the same conviction as the most hardcore of theists and that gets a bit annoying. For example, "The Amazing Atheist" to me is an amazing fat lard full of himself. :P

Exactly, it's not a straight up black and white question.

Let's take Atheism. Some Atheists are down to earth people who are humble with their view points and then there are obnoxious as all hell Atheist that treat Atheism in the same conviction as the most hardcore of theists and that gets a bit annoying. For example, "The Amazing Atheist" to me is an amazing fat lard full of himself. :P

Well it comes down to people. Like with any other strong ideology, there are people that can be obnoxious. The only time I 'go there' is when people try to force their religious views onto me. No one likes that so no one should feel the need to do so in any way. I will however give opinion when it comes to matters regarding theology, I find the subject fascinating.

The Atheist community is a fairly small community but it is a diverse one, and that is why it is slowly falling under the umbrella of secular humanism, which is a much better term than Atheism. 

Hail Sithis!

Well it comes down to people. Like with any other strong ideology, there are people that can be obnoxious. The only time I 'go there' is when people try to force their religious views onto me. No one likes that so no one should feel the need to do so in any way. I will however give opinion when it comes to matters regarding theology, I find the subject fascinating.

The Atheist community is a fairly small community but it is a diverse one, and that is why it is slowly falling under the umbrella of secular humanism, which is a much better term than Atheism. 

I think force in general is annoying.,

You are a nice guy, I like you.

I don't care about anyone else's views or spiel

I go by..

Having Faith in YOURSELF

Believing in YOURSELF

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I think force in general is annoying.,

You are a nice guy, I like you.

Gee thanks :)

My children(if i have any) (adopted obviously) will be raised with an open mind. I wouldn't want to force any Theological views on my children because I want the choice to come down to them.

Hail Sithis!

atheists is abit more then just not believing in god , and I am not "unsure"

I believe science so i would see myself as a Nihilist

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I have and will fight for peoples freedom of religion, but I will fight even harder for my freedom from religion.

you sir are a very nobel person,  the need of a separation between state and church is important and I see it the most difficult in the USA

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I'm an Anti-theist.

God doesn't exist. There's no debatiing the factual behavior of the universe.

If you want to beleive in god thats fine, but you'll live with a very complicated world of an understanding that doesn't fit reality. I'll be there to stand up for your right to beleive in whatever diety you want to beleive in. be it Kali, Horus, Krishna, Buddha, Jesus, Kachina, Shou Lao, Amaterasu ōmikami, The Force. Whatever.

Thats up to you and you have every right, but doesn't change the fact that none of it exists.

My favorite religion personally is Shintoism, especially koshinto, because there are some very beautiful stories and its influenced a very beautiful culture.

Its inspired movies like Spirited Away, and Princess Mononoke, and it focuses on the natural preservation of things.

I believe in staying away from religious discussion on the internet because the internet is a terrible, terrible place and proof of the devil's existence and hell on earth.

I have no belief in a god, I have no respect for a god just due to the fact that majority of the bad things in the world are caused because of someones religion. 

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

I'm agnostic to the point where evidence points to there being no god but If I was given definitive proof I would have to start believing

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

I've had this discussion so many times in my life and it always plays out the same way.  The Ignorant are the loudest on both sides of the debate. The nice people stay away from such discussions and those with personal vendettas never check their facts before accusing the other side of either witchcraft or starting all the wars. 

Fact is that it is people who have the most issues, people are the worst of the worst, not atheists and not the religious, just the people.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I've had this discussion so many times in my life and it always plays out the same way.  The Ignorant are the loudest on both sides of the debate. The nice people stay away from such discussions and those with personal vendettas never check their facts before accusing the other side of either witchcraft or starting all the wars. 

Fact is that it is people who have the most issues, people are the worst of the worst, not atheists and not the religious, just the people.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. 

Steven Weinberg

Hail Sithis!