What is your belief in God? (No racism or flaming please)

solosdk

I believe science is currently unable to provide a plaussable awnser to what happend before the big bang. I also believe that the chances of everything being made by a super being is very unlikely enough to be discarded as a valiable explination for the creation of human life and everything around it

***edit***

I also believe everyone has the right to believe in what ever they want and even have respect for some people for living so passionatly by those rules in order for them and the people around them to become a better person.

Edited by Blackterror25

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

I believe the big bang could never had happened if nothing existed before it. Time can't just create itself and so can't the universe

Who here believes in the big bang, evolution, dark matter... They require the same amount of faith as believing in a god.

I personally believe in the Jewish God, although I'm not Jewish. I'm an American. The Bible is the number one most peer reviewed document humans have. Some parts cannot be proven, but because the document is generally true, there is no reason to think those parts that cannot be proven are disprovable.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

I would say to abandon thread with my trusty .gif at hand but since Linus is watching over then I will have to continue.

I do not believe in any god. However this does not give me the right to disrespect anyone who does otherwise. I respectfully acknowledge any religion my friends or colleagues may follow and respect it.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I don't believe in a god.  But I respect others beliefs on the subject as religion is an entirely personal thing and I have no right to disrespect that.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

GOD

A lot of Atheist here, kind of surprised.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Who here believes in the big bang, evolution, dark matter... They require the same amount of faith as believing in a god.

I personally believe in the Jewish God, although I'm not Jewish. I'm an American. The Bible has been the number one most peer reviewed document humans have. Some parts cannot be proven, but because the document is generally true, there is no reason to think those parts that cannot be proven are disprovable.

I've never said the boldened part out loud, but have believed it for quite some time. 

Think about it. 5,000 years of the most educated humans (for their respective times) debating and talking about this book (or rather, the respective books therein). Just food for thought.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Anything is possible and that's why I'm agnostic.

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

God is good.

Apart from his volcanoes, earthquakes and space debris

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

shit-just-got-real_o_389118.jpg

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

Firstly, its amazing how the forum just springs to life when a topic like this is posted. And reading some comments, they are starting already to delve into ones personal viewpoint...this is going to cause conflict.

I agree, with no or a small amount of proof for either side. It does come down to personal preference.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

I believe science is currently unable to provide a plaussable awnser to what happend before the big bang. I also believe that the chances of everything being made by a super being is very unlikely enough to be discarded as a valiable explination for the creation of human life and everything around it

Well if "nothing" isn't plausible to you, then sure whatever lol.

I believe the big bang could never had happened if nothing existed before it. Time can't just create itself and so can't the universe

It's not so much that things can't create themselves, it's that the chance of them spontaneously coming into existence is so very minute but not quite 0. Once you assume that time has and always will be there, you only have to wait long enough for something to be. Current models of physics allow for such an occurrence, and the big bang is just a culmination of a slow but steady accumulation of mass (and therefore energy) at one central point. Just because you don't understand a concept doesn't mean it isn't the case.

Time is immaterial, it does not need substance, cause or a precursor to existence.

I personally believe in the Jewish God, although I'm not Jewish. I'm an American. The Bible is the number one most peer reviewed document humans have. Some parts cannot be proven, but because the document is generally true, there is no reason to think those parts that cannot be proven are disprovable.

Not quite, all of those things fit with everything we observe. God and the writings of the bible are in direct contradiction of many of the things we observe, so there is a great deal more faith involved there because you have to go against the evidence in front of you to believe in a more over-arching power.

im Theist just in case!

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

To be honest, this is a time bomb waiting to go off (as are all religion based topics)

But lets see if this community is mature enough to keep it calm and civilized.

Don't disappoint :)

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

No, just no.

You must not believe in Darwinism. If you did, you would have read his work and seen that he predicted an undeniable amount of evidence in the next few decades. I only see one or two (maybe more) pieces of controversial evidence.

Big Bang... There are 'plot holes' very similar to the Bible's creation story.

Dark matter... Scientist are looking for it. They aren't observing the universe (that's a different issue all together).

Apart from his volcanoes, earthquakes and space debris

Yet we are still here. But we all know where this is going so I'll just stop now.

Well if "nothing" isn't plausible to you, then sure whatever lol.

It's not so much that things can't create themselves, it's that the chance of them spontaneously coming into existence is so very minute but not quite 0. Once you assume that time has and always will be there, you only have to wait long enough for something to be. Current models of physics allow for such an occurrence, and the big bang is just a culmination of a slow but steady accumulation of mass (and therefore energy) at one central point. Just because you don't understand a concept doesn't mean it isn't the case.

Time is immaterial, it does not need substance, cause or a precursor to existence.

Not quite, all of those things fit with everything we observe. God and the writings of the bible are in direct contradiction of many of the things we observe, so there is a great deal more faith involved there because you have to go against the evidence in front of you to believe in a more over-arching power.

Space disagrees (Space-Time particularly)

Depends on your interpretation of the evidence, and yes, evidence can be interpreted differently. That's where inferences can come from. Interpretation. Though the different types and classes of evidence make explaining that complicated, I believe it to be true. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

This is just a simple poll. 

I want to know how many theists, atheists or agnostics there are here 

Just a simple ol' poll

Edit: Just in case you don't know what they mean

Theist - Believe in God

Atheist - Does not believe in God

Agnostic - Unsure

are you asking for trouble????? 

Actually, the Quran (revealed thousands of years ago) it supports the theory of the big bang and there's a verse that states that the universe is ever-expanding, and this discovery was only made in the 1900's while the Quran told of this thousands of years ago

I have mixed beliefs. 

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

The strongest anti-theist you will ever meet :)

So do you hate everyone who is a theist? 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

I have mixed beliefs. 

What are those beliefs? (if you don't mind saying)

Would like to see what you mean by mixed.

So do you hate everyone who is a theist? 

Not at all. My wife was a Catholic (Irish) since birth. I hate religion, not religious people.

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

Personally I'm theist, Christian to be precise and tbh I enjoy science, I absolutely love it especially physics ^_^ I do however respect anyone's personal views on the matter and expect an equal amount of respect in return; when you respect someone's belief (or disbelief) and they just kinda shit on yours it kinda feels terrible :/ and it's very frustrating....

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball