What is your belief in God? (No racism or flaming please)

solosdk

You must not believe in Darwinism. If you did, you would have read his work and seen that he predicted an undeniable amount of evidence in the next few decades. I only see one or two (maybe more) pieces of controversial evidence.

Big Bang... There are 'plot holes' very similar to the Bible's creation story.

Dark matter... Scientist are looking for it. They aren't observing the universe (that's a different issue all together).

Oh come on! I'm really trying not to just tear this thread to pieces :D

As Tim Minchin once said "...kept firing off cliches with startling precision. Like a sniper using bollocks for ammunition". :P

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

Personally I'm theist, Christian to be precise and tbh I enjoy science, I absolutely love it especially physics ^_^ I do however respect anyone's personal views on the matter and expect an equal amount of respect in return; when you respect someone's belief (or disbelief) and they just kinda shit on yours it kinda feels terrible :/ and it's very frustrating....

same here....

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

Yet we are still here. But we all know where this is going so I'll just stop now.

Space disagrees (Space-Time particularly)

Depends on your interpretation of the evidence, and yes, evidence can be interpreted differently. That's where inferences can come from. Interpretation. Though the different types and classes of evidence make explaining that complicated, I believe it to be true. 

Well yeah, although I kinda lumped space with time because what is space if not a lack of anything? You can't say that someone created a space inside a space, you can only say that there was a "nothing" and then there was a "something" inside that nothing. That's why space and time are linked in such a way, and that's part of what quantum mechanics is about. So far there's nothing to disprove it and a lot of evidence which supports it. I agree that there are multiple interpretations, I'm just saying that none of the scientific models point towards an omnipotent being because there is no reason to suspect such a thing beyond "well, it could be I guess".

Science is the only religion.

I strongly believe in the multiverse theory.

I feel like I should say, to all the people saying "believing in the big bang is like believing in God" or "I don't think the big bang happened because there is no way nothing was here before it, time/space can't create itself" There are scientific theories that explain all of those things, most notably m-theory and string theory, they just aren't taught in the average high school (usually only talked about in depth in a college course). I don't mean to create an argument, I am just saying that science does help explain this, and science constantly is trying to understand more and more of it.

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop

3qmum0.jpg

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

Guys can you just stop it?

Just vote on the poll and give a brief explanation of what you believe, no need to get into argument's.

This happens every single time something like this pop's up...get some manners, respect other peoples beliefs.

We cannot yet prove or disprove god (or the idea of god), we most likely never will so grow up and get along....

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Soo from poll it started to discussion and soon to-be locked thread...

Thread Ragnarok shields online....

wat *confused*

Well yeah, although I kinda lumped space with time because what is space if not a lack of anything? You can't say that someone created a space inside a space, you can only say that there was a "nothing" and then there was a "something" inside that nothing. That's why space and time are linked in such a way, and that's part of what quantum mechanics is about, and so far there's nothing to disprove it and a lot of evidence which supports it. I agree that there are multiple interpretations, I'm just saying that none of the scientific models point towards an omnipotent being because there is no reason to suspect such a thing beyond "well, it could be I guess".

Well, you said "if you assume Time has always been" (paraphrased), but the Big Bang isn't an explosion in space. It is an explosion of space. Space itself expanded from nothing because it came from an infinitely small point (i.e. no space), according to the theory. 

Therefore, if it came from no space, and space and time are one in Space-Time, then Time began when Space began, at the Big Bang. If we want to go along with the theory anyway. 

Just saying. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I've never said the boldened part out loud, but have believed it for quite some time. 

Think about it. 5,000 years of the most educated humans (for their respective times) debating and talking about this book (or rather, the respective books therein). Just food for thought.

That's why, in Judaism, at least, we have books of rules, teachings, and commentary (one of which is the Mishnah), and commentary on that commentary (Gemara), and lots of debates on that commentary.

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

I feel like I should say, to all the people saying "believing in the big bang is like believing in God" or "I don't think the big bang happened because there is no way nothing was here before it, time/space can't create itself" There are scientific theories that explain all of those things, most notably m-theory and string theory, they just aren't taught in the average high school (usually only talked about in depth in a college course). I don't mean to create an argument, I am just saying that science does help explain this, and science constantly is trying to understand more and more of it.

Thank you for putting that in a diplomatic way :)

Unfortunately, my approach is a bit more:

OJnzX.jpg?1

I was baptized in an apparantly lutheran church (had to look that one up on wikipedia xD)

When i was old enough to think for myself i turned to Buddhism. because i liked the "Don't be a dick" values

I still like it. the basic things about it is to learn to respect other people and their way of life.
A few years ago i practiced kendo and iaido. That's when i decided to live my life by the bushido code. And it's worked out well so far^^

The seven virtues are. Courage, Righteousness, Benevolence, Respect, Honesty, Honour, Loyalty. 

(basically. Be brave, Live a good life, respect other people, Don't lie and be loyal to your friends and family.)

edit: I will add that a mix of swedish and danish blood runs through my veins. born christian,turned to bushido, always a viking^^

I don't specifically believe in god. I believe that any diety might exist since there are people that believe (exept scientology..)

hell.. for all i know i might end up in aasgard,heaven,hell or nirvana.. or i might get reincarnated as some kind of pidgeon or lizard

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Thread Ragnarok shields online....

Why bother? Let it go into flamewar and die like any other thread about religion here. I stopped discussing "god or no god" type topics after the first thread i came close to since im here.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

plz, no.

You don't need to go around saying 'no' to every Atheist's reply, i don't want to be part of the Ragnarok so i wouldn't bother explaining. I believe in many things, especially in that everything has an answer that can be found - but God isn't one of them :P  And will likely never for me.

You don't need to go around saying 'no' to every Atheist's reply, i don't want to be part of the Ragnarok so i wouldn't bother explaining. I believe in many things, especially in that everything has an answer that can be found - but God isn't one of them :P  And will likely never for me.

Hey, I'm a fervent atheist (read previous responses plz). I just believe even more strongly that atheism is not a religion.

Well, you said "if you assume Time has always been" (paraphrased), but the Big Bang isn't an explosion in space. It is an explosion of space. Space itself expanded from nothing because it came from an infinitely small point (i.e. no space), according to the theory. 

Therefore, if it came from no space, and space and time are one in Space-Time, then Time began when Space began, at the Big Bang. If we want to go along with the theory anyway. 

Just saying. 

As you said, there are multiple interpretations of the model. There's no reason afaik that time could not have been without space at the start, but yes you are correct that the original big bang concept is an explosion of the universe from nothing.

Well it has begun...

Time to GTFO before mods come...

What has begun? This has been really light-hearted so far, with the occasional spattering of someone politely explaining a scientific principle or giving a reason for their belief. EXACTLY what we want, right?

I think someone was hoping for something a bit more dramatic. Like when someone carefully pulls open a bottle of champagne with a dishcloth rahter than shooting it across the room :P

no option for Agnositc Theist?

I don't believe in religion, but I believe in a form of deity is likely to exist. 

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."