What is your belief in God? (No racism or flaming please)

solosdk

Actually, the world would be a terrible place.

Have you read the Bible?

just sayin...

PM me and I can give you specific examples.

Exactly there would be horrid killings, slavery, rape, horrible things done to children(a lot worse that what happens not) ect.

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

They'll stop that, I don't know when but they will. And I don't think they have that many religious nuts in their government, so Why are they doing it? I bet it's human nature, change is a scary thing when you are controlling a country. they probably think it's better to keep anything they don't understand illegal.

So you are sing it is GODs fault, as you think he created us.

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

Trust me, I know how to be friendly to religious people, My Boyfriend is Catholic :D

Do I hold it against him? No, it's his choice and his belief, and it does not effect me.

I have to know, how do you do it? how does that relationship work? do you share your deep feels with him about it? sorry for being nosey but it does interest me.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

So you are sing it is GODs fault, as you think he created us.

what? I have said all along people are people, it's our fault for being human.  If god doesn't exist then every single nasty thing that has happened at the hands of humans has been the result of human nature. Which means we are what we are, you can't blame god for all the evil in the world and then in the next breath say he doesn't exist.  I think all the evil in the world is born purely from human nature, If religion did not exist in it's current form I can just about guarantee the evil still would.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I have to know, how do you do it? how does that relationship work? do you share your deep feels with him about it? sorry for being nosey but it does interest me.

We have discussed it a couple of times, I am normally the one to give up (he's bull headed) I love him so much and he is the most important thing in my life. IDK, it just works :D

He isn't an actively practicing catholic though he still believes and such. I have went with him to church on Christmas, and we celebrate Easter (Easter eggs and chocolate :D) that sort of thing. I do it out of tradition, he does it out of reverence. I of course don't believe any of it but hey, I love him :)

I would like to observe other holidays, (from China, India, Nordic etc.) just to do something interesting, I love learning about culture and such.

It also helps that he doesn't think God created everything in 7 days, and he understands evolution etc. :D

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Agreed. If people would actually follow the teachings of their religion (my other post about that), then the world would be very different. The Crusades happened, but I think you would be hard-pressed to find something to justify them in what Christianity technically teaches (love your neighbor as yourself).

This^

I fully agree with it.

My simple test for "Are these people really Christians?" if they claim they are is simple: Do they follow the teachings of Jesus according to the Bible? That's what Christian means after all. "Follower of the Christ" (thus, Christian). 

Actually, the world would be a terrible place.

Have you read the Bible?

just sayin...

PM me and I can give you specific examples.

Just a thought, you are talking to a Jew. :| One who has a class involving this where someone translates the Torah and such directly from Hebrew to English (I think).

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

what? I have said all along people are people, it's our fault for being human.  If god doesn't exist then every single nasty thing that has happened at the hands of humans has been the result of human nature. Which means we are what we are, you can't blame god for all the evil in the world and then in the next breath say he doesn't exist.  I think all the evil in the world is born purely from human nature, If religion did not exist in it's current form I can just about guarantee the evil still would.

The issue is, what is evil to a religious person might not be to a secular person and vice versa

I.E Gay marriage

I.E. Circumcision and other forms of genital mutilation.

Then we delve into Morality and such.

If all people took what their Holy book said at face value, we would live in a very different place. Fortunately most people have excepted that it's not all true (Or they just don't know what it says, which is the case most of the time)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

We have discussed it a couple of times, I am normally the one to give up (he's bull headed) I love him so much and he is the most important thing in my life. IDK, it just works :D

He isn't an actively practicing catholic though he still believes and such. I have went with him to church on Christmas, and we celebrate Easter (Easter eggs and chocolate :D) that sort of thing. I do it out of tradition, he does it out of reverence. I of course don't believe any of it but hey, I love him :)

I would like to observe other holidays, (from China, India, Nordic etc.) just to do something interesting, I love learning about culture and such.

It also helps that he doesn't think God created everything in 7 days, and he understands evolution etc. :D

Nice. :D

This^

I fully agree with it.

My simple test for "Are these people really Christians?" if they claim they are is simple: Do they follow the teachings of Jesus according to the Bible? That's what Christian means after all. "Follower of the Christ" (thus, Christian). 

Just a thought, you are talking to a Jew. :| One who has a class involving this where someone translates the Torah and such directly from Hebrew to English (I think).

I have done a little bit of research regarding the issues with translations between Hebrew/Greek texts into English. It can make a big difference, but not always.

Hail Sithis!

The issue is, what is evil to a religious person might not be to a secular person and vice versa

I.E Gay marriage

I.E. Circumcision and other forms of genital mutilation.

Then we delve into Morality and such.

If all people took what their Holy book said at face value, we would live in a very different place. Fortunately most people have excepted that it's not all true (Or they just don't know what it says, which is the case most of the time)

I guess that's were we differ, my experiences tell me that religious people don't consider being gay to be evil, nor do we practice circumcision etc.  I vehemently believe that the bible has been misrepresented by people, I think people have given it an UN-questioning role as the be all and end all of life. It is no more than a collection of stories and letters from 2000+ years ago. Not a damned precision reference piece to the history of existence. 

When I read the bible I read a sad reflection of humanity that is struggling with itself. Not much different to today in my opinion.  We still can't accept people for who they are, we still blame whole cultures and religions for whatever problems we have. 

Mostly correct :). We read the Hebrew as well as a translation with commentary, and then discuss it. If the translation is bad, the rabbi will mention that and tell us a different or literal translation. I have not read the Torah from "cover to cover" and this year we are actually reading from Judges, so I may be ignorant of certain passages that are referenced.

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

i dont even know what those 3 things mean :P

Theist- You believe in something

Atheist (anti-theist)- You don't believe in something

Agnostic- Don't know because it can't be proven that that deity exists. (I think that's what it means)

I guess that's were we differ, my experiences tell me that religious people don't consider being gay to be evil, nor do we practice circumcision etc.  I vehemently believe that the bible has been misrepresented by people, I think people have given it an UN-questioning role as the be all and end all of life. It is no more than a collection of stories and letters from 2000+ years ago. Not a damned precision reference piece to the history of existence. 

When I read the bible I read a sad reflection of humanity that is struggling with itself. Not much different to today in my opinion.  We still can't accept people for who they are, we still blame whole cultures and religions for whatever problems we have. 

When I read the Bible, I read a book about backwards people that are paranoid and scared and use God to excuse atrocious behavior. 

Hail Sithis!

Agnostic- Don't know because it can't be proven that that deity exists. (I think that's what it means)

Agnostic is when you're open to believe something if it can be proven.

Thanks so much for joining. My vision is a community based on positive member interaction and helping each other. I believe that if we all work together toward this goal, we will have success in the long run. 

Many come into this forum thinking "Oh in x amount of time this discussion will break down into mindless hate". However thirteen pages into the discussion and nothing of the sort has happened. The discussion maybe got a little tense but it has been kept civil so far. This thread might be a demonstration that Linus's vision may be a reality (for now anyway).

Personally I am a Christian myself and I am glad to see everyone getting along(mostly).

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Many come into this forum thinking "Oh in x amount of time this discussion will break down into mindless hate". However thirteen pages into the discussion and nothing of the sort has happened. The discussion maybe got a little tense but it has been kept civil so far. This thread might be a demonstration that Linus's vision may be a reality (for now anyway).

Personally I am a Christian myself and I am glad to see everyone getting along(mostly).

Some threads get train wrecked...it's not all roses all the time :)

Hail Sithis!

Surely that makes you Agnostic?

No, it doesn't. I don't believe there is a God or higher power/being (hence my Atheism), but I've not completely closed my mind to the idea of one should enough evidence become apparent.

196261.jpg

Touched by His Noodly Appendage!

All hail the great FSM!

Hail Sithis!

No, it doesn't. I don't believe there is a God or higher power/being (hence my Atheism), but I've not completely closed my mind to the idea of one should enough evidence become apparent.

But Atheism is not believing in ANYTHING?

why do u care if people on forum believe in god or not ?

it should be if u believe in god he exists if not he doesn’t exist  for u  end of story ....

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

But Atheism is not believing in ANYTHING?

No Atheism is the rejection of belief on supernatural phenomenon including Deities.

Hail Sithis!

why do u care if people on forum believe in god or not ?

it should be if u believe in god he exists if not he doesn’t exist  for u  end of story ....

If nobody cared about someone else's views this world would be a very boring place.