What is your belief in God? (No racism or flaming please)

solosdk

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. 

Steven Weinberg

As I said, the ignorant are the loudest.  We are all the same, we are all people, we all suffer, we are all greedy, etc etc etc.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

God does not exist, But for those who want to believe he does. Go right ahead, you're free to believe whatever you want i don't judge people on their beliefs.

As I said, the ignorant are the loudest.  We are all the same, we are all people, we all suffer, we are all greedy, etc etc etc.

Agree with you wholeheartedly :)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Agree with you wholeheartedly :)

For the record, and anyone else who read my post, that statement about the ignorant applies as much to the religious as it does to anyone else.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

God does not exist, But for those who want to believe he does. Go right ahead, you're free to believe whatever you want i don't judge people on their beliefs.

I could say: God does exist, but for those who don't believe he does, go right ahead you're free to believe whatever you want

I identify as an Atheist, but am open to the idea of there being some form of higher being.

Surely that makes you Agnostic?

I'm agnostic but I don't care wether god/s exist or not. In my opinion there are far more important things you can think/argue about.

I could say: God does exist, but for those who don't believe he does, go right ahead you're free to believe whatever you want

What you said make no sense at all.

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

What you said make no sense at all.

It does if you think about it.

Religion is based on faith, faith requires no evidence or proof. Basically you are for the lack of a better word, fooling yourself into thinking something is real.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I have always been a Atheist but recently as I have grown up I have moved towards Anti-Theist. It is fine, you can believe what ever you want in the confines of you own mind but start doing things for that belief that start to affect me you can bugger off, I will fight for logic an a secular run government. Luckily I don't live in the USA.

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

It does if you think about it.

Religion is based on faith, faith requires no evidence or proof. Basically you are for the lack of a better word, fooling yourself into thinking something is real.

It does not. There is no evidence so I have no need to believe of have faith. It is you that has to prove it to me not the other way around.

Green Machine

I have always been a Atheist but recently as I have grown up I have moved towards Anti-Theist. It is fine, you can believe what ever you want in the confines of you own mind but start doing things for that belief that start to affect me you can bugger off, I will fight for logic an a secular run government. Luckily I don't live in the USA.

politicians don't actually gives two shits about religion, to them it's a vehicle for votes. The separation of state and church occurred decades ago.  All that's left are people saying things to win votes.

In my opinion if you want to see what it looks like when there are religious orders in control of the government I suggest you look at the recent trouble in Egypt, Iran, etc.  If you want to know what a country looks like when it bans religion all together just look at russia, china and north korea to name a few.

It does not. There is no evidence so I have no need to believe of have faith. It is you that has to prove it to me not the other way around.

that's what makes it a faith and no a fact.

Obviously there isn't any evidence but to the person believing it there is and they will continue to believe until something convinces them otherwise.

I wouldn't say I'm entirely anti-theist, I do acknowledge the fact that the majority of human atrocities have been linked to religion, but that doesn't mean that there aren't any good people that happen to be religious. 

Hail Sithis!

politicians don't actually gives two shits about religion, to them it's a vehicle for votes. The separation of state and church occurred decades ago.  All that's left are people saying things to win votes.

In my opinion if you want to see what it looks like when there are religious orders in control of the government I suggest you look at the recent trouble in Egypt, Iran, etc.  If you want to know what a country looks like when it bans religion all together just look at russia, china and north korea to name a few.

Communism is completely different to non-religion.

Green Machine

Obviously there isn't any evidence but to the person believing it there is and they will continue to believe until something convinces them otherwise.

I wouldn't say I'm entirely anti-theist, I do acknowledge the fact that the majority of human atrocities have been linked to religion, but that doesn't mean that there aren't any good people that happen to be religious. 

Not arguing that there is not good people that happen to be theist as there is. But that person does not have evidence, it is more like an opinion. Fact are facts even if you choose to ignore them.

Green Machine

I have to both agree and disagree. Plenty of legislation in the US has been passed by governments (state, local, federal) that were the direct result of religion, not just securing a vote with the religious demographic. 

Russia hasn't banned religion, they are mostly some sort of orthodox catholic.

Korea and China are the way they are because of insane dictators.

Dictators have been both religious and non religious . Hitler for example was Catholic, not Atheist as some would lead others to believe. He rejected evolution and wrote and spoke of his faith publicly. 

Hail Sithis!

Exactly it works both ways, Everyone is free to believe what ever they want.

Communism is completely different to non-religion.

I didn't say communism was the same, those countries banned religion, they are also communist and have some of the worst human rights records.  It's just a good example of how religion is not the evil in government people make it out to be. I  argue that it is people in government that are evil not religion.

Not arguing that there is not good people that happen to be theist as there is. But that person does not have evidence, it is more like an opinion. Fact are facts even if you choose to ignore them.

Faith is a generally dishonest position to have. It requires no evidence and will be defended against all evidence. Evidence is based on fact and a fact is a demonstrable and predictable piece of data.

HOWEVER

You cannot prove that Vishnu, Thor, Yahweh, Baast, Baal, Kali, Jesus, or any other supernatural immortal entity exists.

AND You cannot prove that The Flying Spaghetti Monster, The Invisible Pink Unicorn, Santa Claus, Krampus, or Cthulhu Don't exist.

Do we have reason to believe they do? No, but it simply cannot be dismissed.

Hail Sithis!

Exactly it works both ways, Everyone is free to believe what ever they want.

No you don't believe in nothing, it is nothing.

Green Machine

i dont even know what those 3 things mean :P 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler