Star Citizen Single-Player Delayed Indefinitely

patrickjp93
33 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

Disassembly and decompilation of executables and dlls is not particularly difficult thanks to the LLVM toolchains. I can see the transformations going on, and they're slowed way down from a year ago.

That's only on the public builds, who knows what they are doing behind the scenes? Like, we haven't seen anything from squadron 42 except for a bit of space travel, so we don't know how much they have done exactly.

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

50 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

Disassembly and decompilation of executables and dlls is not particularly difficult thanks to the LLVM toolchains. I can see the transformations going on, and they're slowed way down from a year ago.

Patrick.  I agree.  

Also Chris Roberts bjilt freelancer back in early  2000s.  He knows exactly what he would need to build up star Citizen .  As he sued and stole content or ideas from the freelancer modding community.  I would know.  I was part of three communities that got sued/DMCAd despite there being no real legal ban on modding,  and the communities were donation driven. 

Is anyone really surprised that Chris Roberts is no longer setting deadlines. With all the missed deadlines he was beginning to sound like a broken record. This is a much more ambitious title than any other and realistically is two games(Squadron 42 for SP, Persistent Universe). Did anyone really expect two AAA games within 4 years?

The single player is still being worked on and is still being sold but no longer has a release date for obvious reasons.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

2 minutes ago, Carclis said:

Is anyone really surprised that Chris Roberts is no longer setting deadlines. With all the missed deadlines he was beginning to sound like a broken record. This is a much more ambitious title than any other and realistically is two games(Squadron 42 for SP, Persistent Universe). Did anyone really expect two AAA games within 4 years?

The single player is still being worked on and is still being sold but no longer has a release date for obvious reasons.

You mean Soon™?

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

12 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

You mean Soon™?

Probably a bit later than the Soon™ people are expecting :D

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

6 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Development started in 2012, don't act like this is normal development schedule. The game was waaaaaaaay over promised and waaaaay under delivered. This is something that'll take 50 years to finish.

It was a load of horseshit from the beginning and it's a load of horseshit now.

I was one of the original campaign backers-I put in 250 dollars for the Constellation package. Although my hype has gone down over the years, I still believe when the game comes out it'll be amazing.

The game and its community have grown massively out of proportion since the time when I stayed up all night to follow along the 24 hour stream of the last day of the campaign. They've added a lot of features and extra content that came with the milestone goals in the months/years that followed it. And you gotta remember half-way through the project they basically had to overhaul their entire platform and move all the assets to a new engine to make it future-proof and easier to port(although who are we kidding console plebs will never play this).

This game will be bigger than GTA V in scale which took something like 4-5 years and 250 million to make; it will also be the most graphically advanced game in history when it comes out. So yeah, it's gonna take some time to get it right. Are they reaching and being over-ambitious? Maybe. But I honestly believe in the next year or so they will deliver something great that we'll be able to play and have a lot of fun with. It won't be everything they promised when they promised, but I'd rather they took their time and did it right than try to push ridiculous timelines and cut on QA, story/lore, and design. 

Corsair 600T | Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz | Samsung SSD Evo 970 1TB | MS Windows 10 | Samsung CF791 34" | 16GB 1600 MHz Kingston DDR3 HyperX | ASUS Formula VI | Corsair H110  Corsair AX1200i | ASUS Strix Vega 56 8GB Internet http://beta.speedtest.net/result/4365368180

6 hours ago, patrickjp93 said:

I've achieved their last 4 months of progress on my own in the same time for a graphics class in Uni. I know how long crap takes. You people are delusional. Actual SEC filings say they haven't hired anyone for 6 months.

They just finished renovations to the germany office in order to double the team size. Proxus, a well known community member, was hired by CIG into a devops position just 3 months ago.

CIG isn't a publicly traded company and I can't find any SEC filings under Cloud Imperium Games nor Foundry 42.

You're seriously delusional if you think a 360 member development team including the guys that created CE in the first place are running a "ponzi scheme".

1 hour ago, Prysin said:

Patrick.  I agree.  

Also Chris Roberts bjilt freelancer back in early  2000s.  He knows exactly what he would need to build up star Citizen .  As he sued and stole content or ideas from the freelancer modding community.  I would know.  I was part of three communities that got sued/DMCAd despite there being no real legal ban on modding,  and the communities were donation driven. 

CR had very little to do with freelancer for 2 years before it launched. Microsoft had full control of the project and their legal team was likely sending you DMCA's.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

When Star Citizen finally does launch, I'll be getting pretty sweet value from my $30 Kickstarter pledge:

$45 (current price) starter ship

34,000 UEC ($34 value)

5,000 REC (no idea what they're for or value)

Free Squadron 42 (or at least the first part of it)

And all the in-game bonuses given out with each campaign milestone, like no hanger fees on starting planet, space suits, and whatever else.

19 minutes ago, Rune said:

I expected late 2018 when I joined the original kickstarter, so no hard feelings. Get the game done right, and we'll enjoy it then.

This is what I think. SC is a one chance sort of thing. Chris Roberts is a space sim pioneer and industry veteran who is trying to fulfill his lifelong fantasy of the ideal space sim with this game. And he has the reputation, the budget, and the detachment from typical business goals to do what he wants to do with it. Best to not interfere with the game, and let the team work until it's what CR wants it to be. Giving them the chance to make an impressive and innovative game in an industry of generic and simplistic projects is well worth my $30.

It's not like we have the luxury of just waiting around for the next renowned industry pioneer and veteran to go all-in on their dream project, with all the cred and personal vision that's needed at their disposal to raise the funds and make it happen.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

1 hour ago, Hawx said:

They just finished renovations to the germany office in order to double the team size. Proxus, a well known community member, was hired by CIG into a devops position just 3 months ago.

CIG isn't a publicly traded company and I can't find any SEC filings under Cloud Imperium Games nor Foundry 42.

You're seriously delusional if you think a 360 member development team including the guys that created CE in the first place are running a "ponzi scheme".

CR had very little to do with freelancer for 2 years before it launched. Microsoft had full control of the project and their legal team was likely sending you DMCA's.

no, it was Chris Roberts himself, private lawsuits. He does own rights to the game, despite MS being the publisher.

MS was purely a publisher, not the developer. Anyone who claims diffrently should look into the matter a lot more carefully.

Chris was on the dev team almost the whole way, despite what people have claimed (to make him seem innocent because he started getting A LOT of negative rep for it during the kickstarter campaign and hype train for Star Citizen)

8 hours ago, patrickjp93 said:

I've achieved their last 4 months of progress on my own in the same time for a graphics class in Uni. I know how long crap takes. You people are delusional. Actual SEC filings say they haven't hired anyone for 6 months.

4 hours ago, patrickjp93 said:

This is 100% legit guys. My dad works for Nintendo and I can confirm that this is true. He could develop Star Citizen by himself in a week if he wanted to, and Cloud Imperium can't make it in 4 years? Ponzi scheme confirmed.

But seriously though, I think Star Citizen will fail. It's like a hype machine that can not be stopped, and it is fueled by missed deadlines.

I knew from the moment that they said no SQ 42 to be shown because it is not quite up the final polish they wanted, that this news would make the headlines and nothing else.

While if you actually look at what is being shown and above all what they have achieved this last year it is staggering. From the changes to the engines, streamline production and crafting new tools they need to make the world. With all of that in place and working now, production can be ramped up big time and I think that we will see a lot more coming and faster as time goes on.

Sure things have been delayed, but frankly considering the work they have done (including building up 4 teams in 4 offices) I am pretty darn impressed.

Yes I will be biased of course, but when I see what is there and when I talk to the people who work there I cannot help but being positive.

"Hope, what a concept." - Deunan Knute

It is quite easy to get your money back, people. If you can get over the infatuation with your own voices, if you really want to GTFO you can GTFO whenever you want.

For every game there will be thousands of people HOPING it fails, for whatever rotten-spine reason they might have for being such mewling little trash babies. Don't bother to make arguments against them where there is no reason to, until they learn to be objective and level headed.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I didnt see that coming ... 

Magical Pineapples

Wait, so Chris Roberts committed a scam? Didn't see that one coming... 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

52 minutes ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

It is quite easy to get your money back, people. If you can get over the infatuation with your own voices, if you really want to GTFO you can GTFO whenever you want.

For every game there will be thousands of people HOPING it fails, for whatever rotten-spine reason they might have for being such mewling little trash babies. Don't bother to make arguments against them where there is no reason to, until they learn to be objective and level headed.

There's a huge difference between hope & expectations. 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

All the people complaining here and saying its a scam are the same ppl that would be pissed off and screaming they should have just taken more time if they release sq42 full of bugs and none working shit.

the gamescom(con?) presentation already blew me away and made me totally excited for this game. The citizencon presentatie did exactly the same. No game in history has done what they showed in those presentations, and that is a TINY FRACTION of what the game will eventually be.

they are building and refining they tools they need to build this stuff. Once they get systems finished in a reasonable timeframe this game will grow in size so fast you cant even keep up with it. SC will contain at least 100x what you saw in either of the previous mentioned presentations. In fact those videos only showed 1 or 2 planets in a system. The finished games will have dozens of moons and dozens of spacestations next to a hand full of planets to go to and land on and walk around on, and that is only in ONE system. The full game will contain over 100 systems....... think on that for a second and then tell me this can all be finished within 5 years. And thats just the scope and size of the game, not even talking of everything that will be possible to do in this game. No game EVER has been this big or ambitious.

No Mans Sky tried to do the same faster, we all saw what happens when you try that, this project needs time and i have no problem giving them all the time they need. I consider my money spend and gone, i dont want it back. I gave it to them and wish them luck with their development. Even if they suddenly stop and confess it was a scam and they lied, i dont care i would just say touche, very good lie thx for making me believe in it. (I spend well over €350 on this game now).

Thank for reading this, i believe in this project completely because the entousiasm and excitement of chris roberts is just to real to me. He will make this game happen no matter what.

I have no signature

56 minutes ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

There is no mechanism for getting your money back. Take off the rose-colored glasses.

I am being objective and level-headed. This is the definition of a Ponzi scheme playing out and you are buying it hook, line, and sinker.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

5 minutes ago, Helly said:

All the people complaining here and saying its a scam are the same ppl that would be pissed off and screaming they should have just taken more time if they release sq42 full of bugs and none working shit.

the gamescom(con?) presentation already blew me away and made me totally excited for this game. The citizencon presentatie did exactly the same. No game in history has done what they showed in those presentations, and that is a TINY FRACTION of what the game will eventually be.

they are building and refining they tools they need to build this stuff. Once they get systems finished in a reasonable timeframe this game will grow in size so fast you cant even keep up with it. SC will contain at least 100x what you saw in either of the previous mentioned presentations. In fact those videos only showed 1 or 2 planets in a system. The finished games will have dozens of moons and dozens of spacestations next to a hand full of planets to go to and land on and walk around on, and that is only in ONE system. The full game will contain over 100 systems....... think on that for a second and then tell me this can all be finished within 5 years. And thats just the scope and size of the game, not even talking of everything that will be possible to do in this game. No game EVER has been this big or ambitious.

No Mans Sky tried to do the same faster, we all saw what happens when you try that, this project needs time and i have no problem giving them all the time they need. I consider my money spend and gone, i dont want it back. I gave it to them and wish them luck with their development. Even if they suddenly stop and confess it was a scam and they lied, i dont care i would just say touche, very good lie thx for making me believe in it. (I spend well over €350 on this game now).

Thank for reading this, i believe in this project completely because the entousiasm and excitement of chris roberts is just to real to me. He will make this game happen no matter what.

The difference is this game is being perpetually funded, and that's exactly how ponzi and pyramid schemes work until they collapse when the money flow stops. The game has no budget and no fixed scope. Any good software engineer saw this for what it was from the outset, much less those working in the finance industry.

Scams require a central figure with a lot of bravado and appeal. They have to feel genuine to you to succeed in their endeavors.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I've been saying this all along but this game when/if it ever gets released will now be what people thaught it was going to be. It's not a focused development at all. A game that had a very focused development was Elite Dangerous and that game released ages ago and it was a really good game. Both started development at the same time yet Elite released much sooner. Over ambitious and zero focus on what the game will be.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

42 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

The game has no budget and no fixed scope.

Well at least squadron 42 has a fixed scope (something like 60 missions they are aiming for), star citizen is a different matter, having hundreds of hand crafted planets is too much of a goal, and even if they do make 100 different planets, they will likely be repetitive (e.g. mass effect where each planet only has a small amount of actual content) unless they do an expansion model like many other mmos do (where you buy expansion packs giving more content). Well at least they have shown the game mechanics working, now all they need to do is give entertaining content.

EDIT: They haven't released said game mechanics out to the public yet, only demonstrated in presentations so far so take with a hugh-mungus singular large grain of salt

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

13 hours ago, patrickjp93 said:

I and many others have been warning you from the beginning. This is a Ponzi Scheme. Stop giving away your money on a project they do not have any intention of finishing! They are taking it in while not increasing staff. It's OBVIOUS!

I'll go further and say not more than 1 or 2 modules that will be half baked will ever be released. Sorry to see that even people like Luke drank the Roberts kool aid but also,

Image result for michael popcorn

Not that sorry.

-------

Current Rig

-------

12 hours ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

The game they promised in the kickstarter was a lot less than what they are promising now. It just seems like it is taking forever because you normally don't observe the progress of a game being developed so publicly. It was also the very end of 2012 when it started.

Yeah, it's almost like financing an AAA level game through a kickstarter was a stupid fucking idea to begin with

-------

Current Rig

-------