Star Citizen Single-Player Delayed Indefinitely

patrickjp93
Just now, DeadEyePsycho said:

You mean Zenimax Online?

Whatever.

The point is, that was a game that could have been great, and was made less, because of stupidity on behalf of many of the fans, and very much so because of the developer (should have just told the consoles to piss off. screw console gaming)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

On 12.10.2016 at 0:22 PM, kuddlesworth9419 said:

I've been saying this all along but this game when/if it ever gets released will now be what people thaught it was going to be. It's not a focused development at all. A game that had a very focused development was Elite Dangerous and that game released ages ago and it was a really good game. Both started development at the same time yet Elite released much sooner. Over ambitious and zero focus on what the game will be.

May have been said in the other pages of this tread, but you are factually wrong.

Yes, Elite Dangerous was announced at the same time as Star Citizen, but the fact is, they have had people working on it for multiple years before that, mostly on the game engine part of things.

And dont come and say that Star Citizen already had an engine. because Cryengine isnt made for the type of game that Star citizen are at all. they have modified it so much that it is most likely more modifications and added stuff that it is Cryengine itself.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

They seem to be a game developer than instead of focusing on one thing, finish that, move to next and repeat, doing a lot of things at the same time. They work on SP, the engine (behind the scene stuff), ships, environment, lore, story and more. they seem to have different people working on all the different things.

And when you do that, development will look slower at the start than it really is, but at the end of development, it will look like they work at super speed, because they are finishing multiple parts of the game.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

On 11/10/2016 at 10:59 PM, DeadEyePsycho said:

Expects a huge game to come out in 3 years while the industry average is 5 years for experienced developers. Toppest of the keks.

It has only been 3 years ?! Feels like 10 with all the talk about it and no release date. 

Cant blame them then, Daybreak's H1Z1 has been in alpha stage for 2 years :D

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

7 hours ago, Thony said:

It has only been 3 years ?! Feels like 10 with all the talk about it and no release date. 

Cant blame them then, Daybreak's H1Z1 has been in alpha stage for 2 years :D

Closer to 4 now but still.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

5 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Closer to 4 now but still.

I just wonder if Linus is totally over the game or he still will smile like a kid when it comes out, just like he did when he met the guy who created it :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

They just released a behind the scenes video showing the prep before Citizencon.

The chapter is clearly already done and was supposed to be shown, but they had some AI pathing issues and animation issues like characters floating in the air while sitting.

That's not really bad considering those are common bugs in nearly every game I've ever played.

RTX2070OC 

even if it's common, Chris won't accept it, and thus it wasn't approved, they will show it when it meets his standards, he was really upset that the shaders weren't working last year for the morrow tour

On 10/13/2016 at 5:52 AM, Wauthar said:

Well, there is S.C.H.E.M.A.T.A. (formerly known as BIG S.C.A.M. :P) to satisfy your huge ass manual needs...

Well this is more about the fact that the game play is still amazingly shallow for all intents and purposes. I'm looking forward to seeing this fleshed out not a doom and gloom comment.