Gaming in 8K - HOLY $H!T

11 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Upload it in 8k this time around.  xD

Wonder what bit rate youtube uses with 8k compared to 4? 8K Video - is it worth it?

2 hours ago, Jorgen297 said:

it's not 8k unless it's 1 screen

so.. early 4K panels are not 4K because the left and right half are running off seperate controllers?

(it's actually quite fun to watch one of those screw up, and the other one stay happy in my dell :P)

but seriously, what about this setup being 4 monitors makes it not an 8K setup?

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

but seriously, what about this setup being 4 monitors makes it not an 8K setup?

One thing's for sure.  You couldn't convince those GPUs that they weren't pushing a 8k load.  :D

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

One thing's for sure.  You couldn't convince those GPUs that they weren't pushing a 8k load.  :D

i'm sure someone is gonna come in here and claim 4 seperate 4K loads are less work than a single 8K load and this is somehow completely wrong.

(in case anyone is curious, 7680x4320 is the maximum resolution the titan XP currently supports, and when you google for "titan XP" you actually get the titan X pascal page as your first result. making a note here: small victory.)

These mid-day releases are gonna take some getting used to :P 

Now I think the next video has to be dropping down to just 3x 4K screens, and trying 4 cards, or at least one card per display

3 hours ago, Jorgen297 said:

it's not 8k unless it's 1 screen

Now, this is still 8K... it could be 16 1080p displays and it's still rendering 8K worth of pixels.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

what ya all talking bout the vid becoming g messy after 13 minutes? im not seeing anything 

no , seriously 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

7 minutes ago, othertomperson said:

Over 50 fps in Crysis 3 at 8K. Apparently we're more ready for 8K than I thought.

The PC they tested on is worth at least 3 times my car

I hate this new upload schedule. I cannot watch from Forum Early Access anymore xD
And the display just become physically too big. I don't think that suitable for gaming, unless we humans ridiculously make small 8K monitor.

6 hours ago, Jetfighter808 said:

Wonder what bit rate youtube uses with 8k compared to 4? 8K Video - is it worth it?

Based on the current bitrate chart from YouTube, I'd say 8K would require 80-100 Mbps at 24/30 FPS, and 130-150 Mbps at 48/60 FPS.

So basically it would make videos unplayable at 8K for those of us who don't live near a large metropolitan city with fibre.

ISP's that have Data Caps would LOVE 8K since they means more pools of money. Um, I meant "Data Plans". Sorry Comcast.

youtube_bitrates.png

2 hours ago, GlassBomb said:

I would prefer to see three 4k panels in portrait. Since there wouldn't be a massive bezel then.

Same. I'd also prefer if manufacturer's would stop falsely advertising "bezeless monitors" since they all have bezels.

I understand what they are trying to advertise, but all LCD monitors require some form of bezel to hold the components.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

You don't actually need 4 4k displays to get 8k resolution

I was able to use VSR and hook up 3 inputs to my free-sync display + one additional display, all with VSR enabled I could make an 8k eyefinity set up with an RX 480, I do however need to try getting some wow 8k screenshots though

Of course much more annoying to use because you have to switch inputs for the most part on the one display, but I was able to take some silly screenshots

Dota 2 doesn't support 8k, Civ V does, but it doesn't seem to scale very well for seeing more of the game, triple 4k worked better

Dota 2 does support triple 4k, but the UI is completely broken for triple displays

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

I'm gonna miss the old upload time, but I'll survive. Nice video, ever considered performing surgery on the monitors to make the bezel "disappear"? :)

2 hours ago, TRINHbot1101001 said:

Why not orient the top two monitors upside down to minimize the bezel in the middle?

Because the goal was to get general usability information and benchmarks. Reducing the bezel by less than a cm would not have changed much.

If they were that concerned, they could just remove the bezel.

19 hours ago, xnamkcor said:

If they were that concerned, they could just remove the bezel.

Yeah but then they would get roasted by people saying they could have destroyed a perfectly good 4k panel such as when they did that video a while back about painting your motherboard.

10 minutes ago, Jetfighter808 said:

Yeah but then they would get roasted by people saying they could have destroyed a perfectly good 4k panel such as when they did that video a while back about painting your motherboard.

Yeah this was just a proof of concept, showing how one could drive an 8k monitor, if it existed.  Obviously, between the thick bezels through the centre of your screen and the low framerates/game settings, and not to mention astronomical cost, no one is going to be actually gaming like this :P  So, no real need to make it practical or realistic

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Does 6k even exist to buy yet? Also I loved playing the guess how many times the monitors will go off game in the video.