Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

I know psu cleans the power and power is not the issue but still has anyone with this issue tried these power conditioner thingy?

Edit: Not sure if they are designed for PC, mainly designed for audio equipment.

I still think that in my case it is something related to energy, I notice clearly on the television that stays in the room the shimmering pixels. And I notice it on my cell phone, too.
And the only thing in common between the handsets is that they are connected in the same network of energy (of my house).
What should I do? It's horrible even to watch movies!

27 minutes ago, Yeeph said:

I still think that in my case it is something related to energy, I notice clearly on the television that stays in the room the shimmering pixels. And I notice it on my cell phone, too.
And the only thing in common between the handsets is that they are connected in the same network of energy (of my house).
What should I do? It's horrible even to watch movies!

Your phone does not run on house electricity.  It operates from a battery, and interference from the grid is removed when you unplug it from a charger.

Hi,
I think I've been suffering similar issue for last few months. Without apparent change, suddenly almost all 3d games looked worse than with no AA, feeled like there were no LODs, sprinkling white pixels over all lighted edges. I was suffering this issue both on Linux and Windows. I have MSI M5A99X EVO R2.0 mtb, Athlon FX6300 and GTX 970.

Today, after reading most of this thread, I tried to disable all overclocking features of the BIOS on this mtb and the issue is pretty much gone. I am pretty sure, I disabled overclocking few years ago and never enabled it again, so probably some reset/update of bios enabled it without my knowledge.

I will try to fiddle more with those settings tomorrow If I can reproduce this problem again.

12 hours ago, Glubo said:

Hi,
I think I've been suffering similar issue for last few months. Without apparent change, suddenly almost all 3d games looked worse than with no AA, feeled like there were no LODs, sprinkling white pixels over all lighted edges. I was suffering this issue both on Linux and Windows. I have MSI M5A99X EVO R2.0 mtb, Athlon FX6300 and GTX 970.

Today, after reading most of this thread, I tried to disable all overclocking features of the BIOS on this mtb and the issue is pretty much gone. I am pretty sure, I disabled overclocking few years ago and never enabled it again, so probably some reset/update of bios enabled it without my knowledge.

I will try to fiddle more with those settings tomorrow If I can reproduce this problem again.

Ty for your help, i hope that is the cause, we wait for your results

I am unfortunately unbale to pinpoint what subset of "Automatic overclock" feature of my motherboard was causing my issues but I can confirm, that in my particular case the problem goes away when I disbale "automatic overclock" in BIOS, and re-appears when I enable "automatic overclock". Also unfortunately I am unable to record this with sufficient resolution/bitrate so It does not end up beinghidden by video compression.

12 hours ago, Glubo said:

I am unfortunately unbale to pinpoint what subset of "Automatic overclock" feature of my motherboard was causing my issues but I can confirm, that in my particular case the problem goes away when I disbale "automatic overclock" in BIOS, and re-appears when I enable "automatic overclock". Also unfortunately I am unable to record this with sufficient resolution/bitrate so It does not end up beinghidden by video compression.

Keep in mind when overclocked, your pc demand more clean power from PSU and VRM(could be a connection). Also did you try manual overclock?

On 12/2/2018 at 8:03 AM, KarathKasun said:

Your phone does not run on house electricity.  It operates from a battery, and interference from the grid is removed when you unplug it from a charger.

Hello, but what if once connected to the power the problem "spoils" the device forever? It seems to me the only option because this happens with my television etc. It only has the possibility that the energy has "damaged" something.

14 hours ago, Yeeph said:

Hello, but what if once connected to the power the problem "spoils" the device forever? It seems to me the only option because this happens with my television etc. It only has the possibility that the energy has "damaged" something.

This is simply not possible. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

LOL Maybe for all of us DLSS got enabled?

I hate it, THIS IS NOT OUR JOB TO FIGURE OUT. Its the job of companies like Nvidia, Asus, Gigabyte etc. Why don't these companies look into this issue?

On 12/16/2018 at 6:13 PM, Yeeph said:

23 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

This is simply not possible. 

Agree. This is fundamentally not the way power works.

On 12/17/2018 at 5:13 AM, Yeeph said:

IMO you have a point and i agree with you that something in electricity might be spoiling some components whether its capacitors, mosfets, ADC, DAC etc. But believe me to test this we need someone very experienced in this because companies like Nvidia are not gonna help us.

I have a question. People who tried a brand new PC with every new part, did they get it immediately or after some time?

16 minutes ago, Meeseeks said:

IMO you have a point and i agree with you that something in electricity might be spoiling some components whether its capacitors, mosfets, ADC, DAC etc. But believe me to test this we need someone very experienced in this because companies like Nvidia are not gonna help us.

I have a question. People who tried a brand new PC with every new part, did they get it immediately or after some time?

There is no point to be had.  If any of the things you listed were damaged, the device simply would not work... end of story.  These are digital signals, not analogue signals.

I am not saying it is but if it might be electrical, we need extreme testing like this:

6 hours ago, Meeseeks said:

I am not saying it is but if it might be electrical, we need extreme testing like this:

You need to actually understand his channel and what he is showing you before you quote his channel like that.

10 hours ago, KarathKasun said:

You need to actually understand his channel and what he is showing you before you quote his channel like that.

Oh yeah sorry forgot to mention, his channel is about electronics engineering and in this video he is trying to figure out as to what's causing spikes(ripples) in his oscilloscope even when the voltage source(PSU) probes are not attached to the oscilloscope's input. Turns out it was a smps (Switch Mode Power Supply) that was causing those ripple/noise that was also plugged in the AC mains same as his OScope. But i am not sure if this help our issue because our issue once occur stays forever as far as i know, still i am putting it out there.

3 hours ago, Meeseeks said:

Oh yeah sorry forgot to mention, his channel is about electronics engineering and in this video he is trying to figure out as to what's causing spikes(ripples) in his oscilloscope even when the voltage source(PSU) probes are not attached to the oscilloscope's input. Turns out it was a smps (Switch Mode Power Supply) that was causing those ripple/noise that was also plugged in the AC mains same as his OScope. But i am not sure if this help our issue because our issue once occur stays forever as far as i know, still i am putting it out there.

Dirty power cannot affect how the GPU renders the image you see. It will only affect performance (reduced fps) or simply stop working altogether. It will not and cannot affect specific aspects of how the GPU is rendering the image. It is two separate, unrelated things. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

What if its affecting your display monitor or tv?

11 hours ago, Tolbas said:

What if its affecting your display monitor or tv?

They are all digital devices, they do not care about interference.  To the point that they will reject interference until the display all of the sudden goes completely garbled or blank.

If your display was... VGA and using a electron gun/tube/phosphor display device (CRT), then you might have some point.  VGA is an analog signal, and any interference it picks up will be displayed on the output.  HDMI, DP/eDP, DVI, etc are all digital.  CRTs are also analog/magnetic and must accept electromagnetic interference while LCD's are digital and reject interference to a great degree.

ok, here's an update from me:

I installed a friend's GTX 660. Everything was fine again. Great graphics.

I then installed my GTX 1070 again. Everything fine also.

Had a blast playing Shadow Warrior 2. Never seen such great graphics!

It went on for weeks, also in different games (Civ5 and 6, Total War Warhammer etc.).

Then, when I installed Destiny 2 (again) and launched it - BAM - ultra bad graphics!

No real AA (despite downsampling, white pixels all over the place etc.).

Also, textures look 2D with no real bump or normal mapping.

Colors on desktop look washed out as well...

So...

gonna try my friends card again.

What I don't understand is: I played Destiny 2 before, no problem.

Why does it break (again) my GPU now??

Regards

Jan

SW2.jpg

Update:

Fixed problem again by resetting my bios (because I read somewhere overclocking caused the graphics bugs).

Installed 417.35 Nvidia driver (express settings).

Now fixed again.

Won't try Destiny 2 though...

---------------Detectar idiomaAfricânerAlbanêsAlemãoAmáricoÁrabeArmênioAzerbaijanoBascoBengaliBielorrussoBirmanêsBósnioBúlgaroCanarimCatalãoCazaqueCebuanoChinês (simplificado)Chinês (tradicional)CingalêsCoreanoCorsoCroataCurdoDinamarquêsEslovacoEslovenoEspanholEsperantoEstonianoFilipinoFinlandêsFrancêsFrísio ocidentalGaélico escocêsGalegoGalêsGeorgianoGregoGuzerateHaitianoHauçáHavaianoHebraicoHíndiHmongHolandêsHúngaroIgboIídicheIndonésioInglêsIorubáIrlandêsIslandêsItalianoJaponêsJavanêsKhmerLaosianoLatimLetãoLituanoLuxemburguêsMacedônioMalaialaMalaioMalgaxeMaltêsMaoriMaratiMongolNepalêsNianjaNorueguêsPanjabiPashtoPersaPolonêsPortuguêsQuirguizRomenoRussoSamoanoSérvioSindiSomaliSoto do sulSuaíliSuecoSundanêsTadjiqueTailandêsTâmilTchecoTélugoTurcoUcranianoUrduUzbequeVietnamitaXhosaXonaZuluPortuguês

I bought an AMD Ryzen computer and I will put it in a line filter and stabilizer, but I will use a monitor that I use as a television in the room and I realize the problems mentioned. Will I still have the same graphics issues with a new rig?

On 8/10/2016 at 3:06 PM, KenjiD5 said:

Just a little survey, guys what bother you the most?

O - Pixelated Shadow

O - Jagged Anti Aliasing

O - Pixelated Reflection

O - Low Draw Distance

O - Pop ins

O - Low Shadow Distance

O - Others 

Jagged Anti Aliasing

"People always fear change. People feared electricity when it was invented, didn't they? People feared coal, they feared gas-powered engines... There will always be ignorance, and ignorance leads to fear. But with time, people will come to accept their silicon masters."

Bill Gates

With this the brightness gets really high. I had to change Output Dynamic Range to full in NVCP that helps but is not a solution.

On 12/9/2018 at 3:55 PM, Glubo said:

Hey there,can you please explain me which options should I disable in bios,what do you mean in particular,beacuse I couldn't find any options which is called "automatic overclock",there are only cpu options like turbo mode,some sort of enchantment etc..Please help me,if you could post some pictures.

Ps : Sorry for my bad english