How to take sexy pics?

Enderman

Hi everyone, I was wondering how some people can get such nice pictures of their PC.

I understand that having a good camera helps, but are there any tips or tricks as to how to get some better shots with a digital camera? (not SLR)

Something like tweaking exposure, ISO, scenes or contrast, or maybe post rendering?

Thanks for the help! = ]

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Even and direct lighting helps a lot. Gather up all of your lamps and experiment.

Click clack click clack

isolate the background and your area and take a picture of the whole pc at an angle with the parts facing towards you like what @ did or do a close up on a part like @TechFan@ic

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Talk about misleading titles...

Haha. :D I too was expecting something else.

As for the actual topic make sure to isolate your subject and have a clean consistent background. Lots of light doesn't matter, however even light does. If you have large windows they will be the ideal lightsource, if not I often use a computer monitor just showing a fullscreen white image. This gives very even and "big" light even though the intensity isn't high, up your exposure time to compensate for that. If you can manually control your aperture make sure it's as open as possible (which would be the smallest number, eg f/1.4 is more open than f/3.5). This also makes the depth of field more shallow giving it what is some people called a more luxurious look. Also make sure your ISO is as low as possible. Of course you're going to need a tripod when your exposures starts getting long so you're sure the camera doesn't shake and the image stays sharp.

Talk about misleading titles. I feel cheated...

Maybe I spend too much time thinking of computers, but I thought of PC's right away.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Maybe I spend too much time thinking of computers, but I thought of PC's right away.

I spent a couple minutes thinking of a response to that, and I got nothing. I don't even... How?

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

I spent a couple minutes thinking of a response to that, and I got nothing. I don't even... How?

Sorry I wasted your time. You could made some cup noodles with those minutes.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Sorry I wasted your time. You could made some cup noodles with those minutes.

Eh, wasn't doing much anyways. Better than staring at the same word document with no idea of what to put on it. So basically procrasturbating.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Talk about misleading titles. I feel cheated...

I want a refund

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Even and direct lighting helps a lot. Gather up all of your lamps and experiment.

Yes and no - even lighting throughout the room is good however direct lighting is horrible. It'll give you glare off shiny surfaces as well as cast shadows everywhere. I personally happen to have a heap of coreflute around which is white and rather large so that'll give me a good reflective material for photographing my new build.

In general you want to have as much light as possible but not direct obviously, and you want to use a low ISO to get minimal noise.

A DLSR lets you tweak a lot things so that can help you get a good shot. I like to use a wide aperture on a 50mm lens to let in more light and to get great depth of field.

Does your camera have manual controls? Low Iso, high shutter speed. Stopping your aperture down a few stops from it's widest state for optimal sharpness is a good GENERAL rule, but this varies between lenses. Never use direct lighting on metals or reflective materials. Diffuse and/or bounce your lighting. The absolutely vital and most important step (I can't believe no one has said this yet!) is to watermark your photos with a thick crayon afterwards to ensure they aren't used elsewhere without you being recognized as the photographer. Covering about 80-90% of the image in a good contrasting colour like red or orange is the best way to achieve this. If you want to remain in a digital workspace advanced photo editing softwares like MS-Paint can also be used to make a watermark, just use the thickest brush or spray can tools! Glad I could be of help.

isolate the background and your area and take a picture of the whole pc at an angle with the parts facing towards you like what @ did or do a close up on a part like @TechFan@ic

Low angles and a low ISO (unless you know that something will work better) are usually best. Make sure to test different lighting positions too, especially when there is brushed aluminium.

Thanks for all the replies! I will try it out soon :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Sometims F22 can be great when you want everything in shot, sometimes F4.5 is fine. F4.5 means everything in a small space is in focus, F22 takes everything into focus.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

You have to put you computer in the same place you poop.Then have computer make a duck face and take pics..Then send those pics to other horny computers via snapchat..:)

Aim and shoot!

(Works in any situation)

AIIMMMM ANNNNDDDDDD FIIREEEE

pew pew pew pew pew pew

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Welcome to the step by step prosses on taking "sexy pics"

1. Use a dslr on a tripod.

2. Turn the iso to 100

3. Turn on the aperture setting.

4. Use a cold white like and reflect it off a white sheet for best results.

5. Use a nice backdrop.

6. Repeat

7. Success

Now how to take good photos of computers....

Yes and no - even lighting throughout the room is good however direct lighting is horrible. It'll give you glare off shiny surfaces as well as cast shadows everywhere. I personally happen to have a heap of coreflute around which is white and rather large so that'll give me a good reflective material for photographing my new build.

Sorry, when I said direct I meant focused. Not shining directly at the surfaces, but focused in certain spots to add effect.

Click clack click clack