if you haven't upgraded to W10 yet, you can still do so in the future - MicroSoft created a loophole

source: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade

via: http://www.ghacks.net/2016/07/29/you-can-still-grab-a-free-windows-10-upgrade-after-july-29-2016/

not sure, but the publicly availability for free Windows 10 upgrade expired (at least in my timezone it's 30th)

MicroSoft has created a new page specifically for people who use assistive technologies to upgrade to Windows 10

and here's the loophole: it doesn't check if the user has installed such software

but, for people who actually use such software, MS recommends to check with the SW developer the compatibility with Windows 10

windows-10-upgrade-assistive-technologie

For the general public, the free upgrade offer for Windows 10 ends on July 29. However, if you use assistive technologies, you can still get the free upgrade offer even after the general public deadline expires as Microsoft continues our efforts to improve the Windows 10 experience for people who use these technologies

to note: MicroSoft reserved the ability to terminate this program at any point; they do however mention that it will be a public announcement before hand

so there you have it, you just need to lie a bit for your free upgrade from W7 or W8.1 to W10 if you haven't already upgraded

but, you should think twice before doing it!! if MS decides the service was misused they can shut it down and the primary focus for this service, the actual people who use assistive technologies will be the one who'll suffer

3 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

I told everyone mmicrosoft wouldn't just kill off the W10 upgrades completely and would leave at least some way to upgrade. 

Gosh, they really want people on their new OS.

I from my Windows 7 upgraded to Windows 10 and then later downgraded to windows 7 again

*cough* *cough* I mean upgraded to windows 7

I'm a educated fool with money on my mind.

They say i got to learn but nobody here to teach me,if they can't understand it how can they reach me

Power and the money,money and the power,minute after minute,hour after hour

My Motivation

They'll have to pry 7 from my tenacious fist before I use 10.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Well, I'm deaf and disabled... I always worries to upgrading to Windows 10 on my PC and 7 years old WD Caviar Black 640GB.

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz Processor | CPU Air Cooler:Thermalright Assassin X 120 Refined SE | Motherboard:MSI B450M GAMING PLUS MATX AM4

Memory:G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2x16GB)  DDR4-3200 | GPU:PowerColor Fighter Radeon RX 7600 8 GB Video Card

Storage #1:Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD (OS driver) | Storage #2: Silicon Power A60 1TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVMe (Anything else)

Case:Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L | Case Fan: 3x Thermalright TL-C12C (2x intake fans, 1x exhaust fan)

Power Supply:Corsair CXM (2015) 450W Bronze 80 Plus |OS:MS Windows10 (64-bit) | Monitor: ASUS VG275 27” 1080p 75 Hz FreeSync

No matter how desperate Microsoft is, W7 will stay.

And @zMeul stop calling it MircoSoft. It's Microsoft. No capital s.

Ye ole' train

This is great! I have a friend that ordered new parts to his PC (mostly completely new PC except for PSU and case), and I told him to order early so we would be able to build it before the upgrade offer ends (I've got tons of Win 7/8/8.1 keys). But sadly, they ran out of stock of a few parts, so they won't arrive until next week. Hopefully this trick will work :)

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

11 hours ago, CUDA_Cores said:

I told everyone microsoft wouldn't just kill off the W10 upgrades completely and would leave at least some way to upgrade. 

Gosh, they really want people on their new OS.

Gotta get that advertising revenue.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

16 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Gotta get that advertising revenue.

That'd make a lot of sense if it wasn't only bing and the app store they track in AID. If you use neither then there isn't much to track.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

11 hours ago, Dresta said:

I from my Windows 7 upgraded to Windows 10 and then later downgraded to windows 7 again

*cough* *cough* I mean upgraded to windows 7

you say that now but once you slowly start to see windows 10 getting all the new bells and whistles while you're only getting security updates it's not going to feel like an upgrade. 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Well, that's a bit unsurprising :)
I expected something like "last stand" though. But I seriously wonder how many people didn't AT LEAST claim free license while free offer lasted. Were they even informed they could do that?! I'd seriously want to know percentage of such people, would be amusing.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Firstly I'd like to start by saying that you have misunderstood the intentions of this.

This is meant for people who wish to upgrade to Windows 10 AND ARE DISABLED.

If you are not disabled and you are using this then shame on you. In which case you don't deserve to use Windows at all.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Totally called it:

This has been known for over a month so therefore you called nothing.

5 hours ago, zMeul said:

oh no I won't

Microsoft_Logo_1975_620x293.jpeg?resolut

We know you are incredibly unreliable and highly biased against Microsoft. Stop your charade and get back to reality. Cos otherwise people will ignore your news posts. You are only making things worse by abusing the Community Standards, manipulating the truth to your liking and making companies seem worse than they are to satisfy your own personal vendetta.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

you say that now but once you slowly start to see windows 10 getting all the new bells and whistles while you're only getting security updates it's not going to feel like an upgrade. 

Until someone cracks the Windows Update backend, and forces a couple hundred million devices to download malware, and M$ goes bankrupt from the resulting lawsuit.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

38 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Firstly I'd like to start by saying that you have misunderstood the intentions of this.

This is meant for people who wish to upgrade to Windows 10 AND ARE DISABLED.

If you are not disabled and you are using this then shame on you. In which case you don't deserve to use Windows at all.

Oh please, like "deserving" Windows is even a thing. It's a product that people at some point paid for, not a religion.

If it was actually just for those people they'd build in safeguards, this is just to get more people onto their platform.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

10 minutes ago, Centurius said:

Oh please, like "deserving" Windows is even a thing. It's a product that people at some point paid for, not a religion.

If it was actually just for those people they'd build in safeguards, this is just to get more people onto their platform.

If somebody breaks any ToS they should be prepared for action. In this case an appropriate action would be to disable his MS Account.

Anyone tried the "loophole" yet?

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

7 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

And what are the bells and whistles you are talking about? i Upgraded to windows 10 and it was laggy af,the websites toke a gazillion years to load,was buggy af.And still if they fix everything,Win10 is not for me,its to big and not simple as Win7

I'm a educated fool with money on my mind.

They say i got to learn but nobody here to teach me,if they can't understand it how can they reach me

Power and the money,money and the power,minute after minute,hour after hour

My Motivation

there is some talk going around that MS will remove the tool from their page and only distribute it after contacting them

3 hours ago, zMeul said:

there is some talk going around that MS will remove the tool from their page and only distribute it after contacting them

well not if you download it first lel. Then spread the tool around.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Just now, Ramamataz said:

well not if you download it first lel. Then spread the tool around.

they could just invalidate the tool and "move" the servers it connects to, then issue a new tool (or even a case by case one time use tool)