(Confirmed) GTX 1060 Allegedly Unveiled - 6GB for $249/299 USD

Go to solution Solved by Whiskers,

Alright, thread re-opened.

If any more insults, name-calling or crappy behaviour happens again in this thread it will be permanently locked, and those responsible will receive a good ol' barrel full o' warning points.

LTT is not the place for being a dick to one another. Discuss your differences in opinion politely or don't bother posting at all.

NVIDIA has allegedly finally unveiled the GTX 1060. We're yet to hear proper word from them, but I assume this to be 100% true because there's an NVIDIA event right now in Melbourne which started at 7PM (currently 8:10pm). It's essentially what we expected, 1280 CUDA Cores, 6 GB vRAM, 1.7GHz boost clock and the alleged power of a 980, although we're going to have to wait for benchmarks to see how it truly performs. It also has 8Gbps of effective memory bandwidth across a 192 bit memory bus. 

It's priced at $249 but you can get the Founder's Edition (lol) for $299... don't know why you'd do that but it's there anyway. I wouldn't expect any decent (custom cooling) AIB boards to actually be priced at 249 as we've seen with the 1070 and 1080, but I could be wrong and prices will probably stabilise. If it performs like NVIDIA claims, it should be a great competitor to the 480, but once again, we won't really know until benchmarks are out. It'll be great to see AIB 480s vs AIB 1060s. If you're from Australia like myself, I fully expect this card to cost close to exceed easily exceed $400 AUD (given the ludicrous price of the 1070 and 1080 over here right now), although hopefully we get lucky like we did with the 480. 

That 3GB version is also allegedly not on this GP106 version. It's probably going to end up being the 1050 and be priced allegedly at $150 USD. 

Sorry I don't know how to add spoilers (should probably look it up) but here are some pictures. I won't include all to not overload the page with pics. 

NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1060-5-1-900x312.jpg

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (4)

Source - http://videocardz.com/61917/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-to-cost-249-299-usd

Update: Yep, as I suspected, it's definitely all legit. Custom and FE cards will launch July 19th.. pls don't buy the FE guys, there's not even the advantage of getting the card earlier. The hype is real, let's see if it actually matches a 980 and how it will age in time along with its competitor, the 480. 

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

4 minutes ago, Kobz360 said:

NVIDIA has finally unveiled the GTX 1060. We're yet to hear proper word from them, but I assume this to be 100% true because there's an NVIDIA event right now in Melbourne which started at 7PM (currently 8:10pm). It's essentially what we expected, 1280 CUDA Cores, 6 GB vRAM, 1.7GHz boost clock and the alleged power of a 980, although we're going to have to wait for benchmarks to see how it truly performs. It also has 8Gbps of effective memory bandwidth across a 192 bit memory bus. 

It's priced at $249 but you can get the Founder's Edition (lol) for $299... don't know why you'd do that but it's there anyway. I wouldn't expect any decent (custom cooling) AIB boards to actually be priced at 249 as we've seen with the 1070 and 1080, but I could be wrong and prices will probably stabilise. If it performs like NVIDIA claims, it should be a great competitor to the 480, but once again, we won't really know until benchmarks are out. It'll be great to see AIB 480s vs AIB 1060s. If you're from Australia like myself, I fully expect this card to cost close to $400 AUD (given the ludicrous price of the 1070 and 1080 over here right now), although hopefully we get lucky like we did with the 480. 

That 3GB version is also allegedly not on this GP106 version. It's probably going to end up being the 1050 and be priced allegedly at $150 USD. 

Sorry I don't know how to add spoilers (should probably look it up) but here are some pictures. I won't include all to not overload the page with pics. 

NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1060-5-1-900x312.jpg

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (4)

Source - http://videocardz.com/61917/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-to-cost-249-299-usd

Not "unveiled" as much as "leaked" at this point. Though I do agree that it can be treated as confirmed info so close to the actual review. But that's the main reason why I put this in the Graphic Card subforum instead of news :D

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

6 minutes ago, Kobz360 said:

:/ Love Australian prices. Seeing as the 480 8 gb is 450ish I'd expect somewhere around 520

3 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

380-400 euros is my guess

You add 50% to the announced price and you have your minimum global price tag excluding the US. Thats at least how it has been in Denmark for many years.

So that should be 340 euros here in Europe.

2 minutes ago, Silencer said:

:/ Love Australian prices. Seeing as the 480 8 gb is 450ish I'd expect somewhere around 520

PCCG is selling 8GB 480s for $379 

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

5 minutes ago, Megazero said:

Not "unveiled" as much as "leaked" at this point. Though I do agree that it can be treated as confirmed info so close to the actual review. But that's the main reason why I put this in the Graphic Card subforum instead of news :D

Crap yeah fair play man, I probably should've checked out that subforum first 

3 minutes ago, Kobz360 said:

Australia and India are about 5-10% more expensive when compared to the EU.

2 minutes ago, Kobz360 said:

Oh lovely, still overpriced. Maybe not 520 but definitely upwards of 400. Wouldn't be surprised if it made its way past 500 either

2 minutes ago, The Spark said:

You add 50% to the announced price and you have your minimum global price tag excluding the US. Thats at least how it has been in Denmark for many years.

So that should be 340 euros here in Europe.

;p ehhh in canada we don't pay any global tax

its just that our dollar sucks ass

so we still pay a premium

I guess.../

for the rx 480 it's 

$320

and $275

respectively

Mouse: Logitech g402 <3

Keyboard: Some Tenkeyless with blue kalih switches

Headphones: Logitech g430

Monitor: HP w2207h (1680 x 1050 @ 60hz)

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

Tablet: Ipad 2 16gb

Laptop:Toshiba satelite with 8gb of ram a 480gb ssd and a mobile 2nd gen I3

1 minute ago, Silencer said:

Oh lovely, still overpriced. Maybe not 520 but definitely upwards of 400. Wouldn't be surprised if it made its way past 500 either

Oh yeah definitely not the best in the world but I've unfortunately just gotten used to higher pricing. 

5 minutes ago, crysilis said:

;p ehhh in canada we don't pay any global tax

its just that our dollar sucks ass

so we still pay a premium

I guess.../

for the rx 480 it's 

$320

and $275

respectively

Nobody pays global taxes man, no such thing, i was talking about general global pricing. But every region and country have import taxations of some sort, I dont know about the Canadians and their rates.

2 minutes ago, The Spark said:

Nobody pays global taxes man, no such thing. But every region and country have import taxations of some sort, I dont know about the Canadians and their rates.

Fairly low import tax for computer parts

But stores here gouge to hell

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I called it on the $250. I'm a genius. Although probably not because I figured they'd put 3 GB on the $250 card. Then again, they did put it at $300 for the card you're actually getting (FE). So there's that.

It's not in Nvidia or GeForce website. Hmm :/ 

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

First of all, please rename that title; Nvidia didn't officially "unveil" anything about the 1060 yet. 

On the product itself while it's nice to see that the founders isn't priced beyond the 50 extra dollars point it's still ridiculous to have it. What's next Nvidia? 610 founders??

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

4 minutes ago, ModuleLFS said:

249 huh..

rip AMD

That's if the AIBs don't become dicks and sell the darn thing for 300 dollars because founders costs 300 dollars. I hope that they won't or at least the blower coolers preform well enough (that's if the blowers sell at 250), I still can't find any 1070 or 1080 in pcpartpicker for their "actual prices".

Pascal laptops guide

RIP AMD

Hardcore Hardware Whore | Check out my Blog for for Latest Tech News and more | Cricket Fan | Weapons Nut | 

Does the MSRP include the usual Nvidia tax? :v

Jokes aside, I can't figure out why the whole Founders Edition-shebang needs to infiltrate the mid-low end market, seeing how the FE nomenclature is there only to add some bucks on the MSRP and well, the x60 lineup never were people willing to pay a premium.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

5 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

First of all, please rename that title; Nvidia didn't officially "unveil" anything about the 1060 yet. 

On the product itself while it's nice to see that the founders isn't priced beyond the 50 extra dollars point it's still ridiculous to have it. What's next Nvidia? 610 founders??

Added the word allegedly to the title and first sentence to make it less official  

2 minutes ago, Kobz360 said:

Added the word allegedly to the title and first sentence to make it less official  

That sounds even more confusing. It's like Nvidia has released it but only "allegedly" did so. A better name would be something like "pricing model leak".

Pascal laptops guide

$299 for the Flanders Edition? Damn, I wonder if it's going to be 2-3 weeks of Flanders only before AIBs get their cards out in small numbers :/

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Meanwhile AIBs have to yet release one 1070 or 1080 at the 379 or 599 price point in the US according to pcpartpicker:

8uRYy7z.png

nXndyar.png

The 1080 does get a bit close, but whether this is due to demand or AIBs making use of the "founders pricing" this gets me worried about the 1060 price.

Pascal laptops guide