(Confirmed) GTX 1060 Allegedly Unveiled - 6GB for $249/299 USD

Go to solution Solved by Whiskers,

Alright, thread re-opened.

If any more insults, name-calling or crappy behaviour happens again in this thread it will be permanently locked, and those responsible will receive a good ol' barrel full o' warning points.

LTT is not the place for being a dick to one another. Discuss your differences in opinion politely or don't bother posting at all.

4 hours ago, The Spark said:

You add 50% to the announced price and you have your minimum global price tag excluding the US. Thats at least how it has been in Denmark for many years.

So that should be 340 euros here in Europe.

Order from Germany. You should be able to get a 1060 here for 230€ after a month of the release date. 

20 minutes ago, Zeeee said:

Wait does no one see the shady business move by nvidia here? LOL why does no one see this. I'm not a fanboy Btw I low my gtx 970 with all its 3.5gb Lol but look guys this card performs as good as 980 right? NO SLI BECAUSE WHY WOULDN'T people buy 2 and bam 1080 performance for 500$ vs 650$ easy..... Here is the thing okay what nvidia does is usually price their products so that you can't get better price with SLI because they price their products accordingly they would've loved to price  this card at 350 dollars but they were against the wall with the rx 480 if they didn't launch a card a lot of sales would've been rekt so what's the best way to he shady? Remove SLI and all possibility of 1080 performance for cheaper.... So pathetic.... 

That's not shady, that's just smart and called marketing. You should open your eyes and stop living in a pink unicorn lollipop world. 

2 hours ago, LAwLz said:

If it starts at 250, and performs slightly better than the RX 480 (like the leaks, which might be complete bollocks, suggests) then that's great. Still kind of disappointed by the small price:performance jump this generation though. Should have been way bigger since we got such a big node shrink.

My only worry right now is stock. The 1070 and 1080 are selling like hot cakes which is driving the prices up. Hopefully they will have more 1060s.

Also, according to VideoCardz, the press release for Gigabyte's G1 Gaming version of the GTX 1060 has already been leaked. Hopefully that means we will get custom cooler versions not too long after launch. Not going to buy a founders edition.

GIGABYTE-GeForce-GTX-1060-G1-GAMING.jpg

What the fuck is with Gigabyte and offset fans?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

4 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Order from Germany. You should be able to get a 1060 here for 230€ after a month of the release date. 

If there's not many cards around, I would say that both brands and etailers like Mindfactory won't be in a worry to push down prices, more the opposite. 

Did nobody else find that it is disturbing that we have to wait until release date to see the benchmarks?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 minutes ago, lukart said:

If there's not many cards around, I would say that both brands and etailers like Mindfactory won't be in a worry to push down prices, more the opposite. 

There is quite a bit of competition in the german hardware retailer market. Prices will definitly drop quite quickly. 

3 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Did nobody else find that it is disturbing that we have to wait until release date to see the benchmarks?

I am getting used to that, it seems AMD and Nvidia have apparently adopted the idea that benchmarks before releasing a card is bad, I can actually see the logic in that, imagine the stream of complaints if the cards released actually cant live up to the benchmarks.

5 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Nope

It's pretty much standard practices for hardware (same deal with the 480). Pretty sure Intel does it too.

6 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

There is quite a bit of competition in the german hardware retailer market. Prices will definitly drop quite quickly. 

Not if there's no cards to sell... whats the point of dropping prices if you can sell everytihng at higher?

2 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Nope

It's pretty much standard practices for hardware (same deal with the 480). Pretty sure Intel does it too.

Its good for them, show off their hand picked numbers, with their pricing which when they come into reality prices come higher and performance slightly lower :D

4 minutes ago, lukart said:

Not if there's no cards to sell... whats the point of dropping prices if you can sell everytihng at higher?

You have to drop prices so people buy at your store and not at a different one. Thats called competition... ?

How do you know that there won't be enough cards available? Do you work for Nvidia? 

6 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

You have to drop prices so people buy at your store and not at a different one. Thats called competition... ?

don't take me wrong, but looks like you don't understand much about economics. 

Think, if a shop is cheaper it will run out of stock faster but since there's not many cards to restock he will be out of stock for long enough for other etailers sell the same amount of cards and earn more money.

I dont work at nvidia but work very closely to these guys.

But they already have very limited amount of high end cards on sell due to restrains on TMSC 16nm production and having another product sharing that production it will be hard to manage.

11 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Nope

Then why do people hate it when Ubisoft forces Reviewers to wait until launch date before releasing a review of a game?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Its easy, just go back and follow the prices of the 980 or 970, they always had a minimum price far above the announced dollar price here in Europe, thats due to taxes and retail profit. As I already stated, its announced price +50% and it will stay that way for some time to come.

Hmm 980 performance they say. 

If its true then I guess 1060 could be enough fór my 1080p 144Hz if I wouldnt mind medium-high settings hmmm.

#1070TheDream

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

6 minutes ago, ONOTech said:

A bit confused here. Will AIBs be available on the 19th? Or just the FE? I'm assuming the latter but I've read conflicting articles.

All will be available and Nvidia has already indicated they believe most cards sold will be AIB variants.

This suggests the FE might be a limited launch for the 1060 (indeed the ONLY place the 1060 FE is going to be available is at Nvidia's e-store).

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

30 minutes ago, ace_cheaply said:

a 480 is about 10% slower than a 980

In DX11*

In DX12 (RotTR, AotS, Hitman) the 480 slaughters all Maxwell cards apart from OC 980 Ti

8 shader pipelines really IS different from 1, who would have thunk it

PS: Pascal also has only 1 shader pipeline... Vega is going to be... Funny

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

24 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

That's not shady, that's just smart and called marketing. You should open your eyes and stop living in a pink unicorn lollipop world. 

Lol okay we found the nvidiot everyone! So youre okay with no sli then? You buy a gpu over 200 dollars with no capacity to sli later on? Thats alright? Its not marketing when its blatantly taking away features that all last gens had.... thats like apple taking away the headphone jack except this actually has zero positives for the consumer.... 

This is the most exciting GPU release cycle thingie since GTX6xx Keplers and Radeon 7xxx cards were announced.

EDIT: I just realized. This is $250-300 US. It's gonna be around $400-500 when converted to IDR then back. Living in a 2nd world country is fun.

4 minutes ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

In DX11*

In DX12 the 480 slaughters all Maxwell cards apart from OC 980 Ti

WOW in 2 full dx 12 games thats amazing... you must see the future with those 2 games hey... means nothing until we actually get a crap ton of dx 12 games releasing and we see what nvidia does to optimize...

2 minutes ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

In DX11*

In DX12 (RotTR, AotS, Hitman) the 480 slaughters all Maxwell cards apart from OC 980 Ti

480 only has 4 ACE's btw, but yeah hitman and ashes let the 480 actually utilize all its shaders.

ROTR.... I'm not seeing the clobbering.

Spoiler

untitled-4.png

untitled-5.png

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

2 minutes ago, Zeeee said:

Lol okay we found the nvidiot everyone! So youre okay with no sli then? You buy a gpu over 200 dollars with no capacity to sli later on? Thats alright? Its not marketing when its blatantly taking away features that all last gens had.... thats like apple taking away the headphone jack except this actually has zero positives for the consumer.... 

What enjoyment do you get out of making an account just to stir shit up?

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

2 minutes ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

In DX11*

Yeah, true.  It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the 480 turns out to be the better card by EOL. Look at The 7970 vs the 680, or the 780ti vs The 290x. The dx12 implementation on rotTR is a joke though

1 minute ago, Khvarrioiren said:

What enjoyment do you get out of making an account just to stir shit up?

HOW am i stirring things up???!! i dont understand im putting in an honest opinion i dont get you...

1 minute ago, Briggsy said:

480 only has 4 ACE's btw, but yeah hitman and ashes let the 480 actually utilize all its shaders.

ROTR.... I'm not seeing the clobbering.

Reveal hidden contents

untitled-4.png

untitled-5.png

ROTR started its development as a DX11 title, and was moved onto DX12 late in development causing it to perform rather badly when using it.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

10 minutes ago, Zeeee said:

WOW in 2 full dx 12 games thats amazing... you must see the future with those 2 games hey... means nothing until we actually get a crap ton of dx 12 games releasing and we see what nvidia does to optimize...

Pascal is just Maxwell 2.0 as far as DX12 is concerned. It now has an interceptory route for quasi-async behaviour, but still no native onboard control (which means more CPU overhead than AMD) and only 1 pipeline compared to AMD's 8. It won't matter if it's 3 or 333 games under DX12, every AMD architecture since 7950/ 7970 is ahead of even Pascal in architectural efficiency under DX12.

The only advantage Pascal has is brute force,  and that's only because AMD's brute force isn't out yet.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.