i wish I was taller

azorahai
4 minutes ago, TheMidnightNarwhal said:

No?

yeah hes talking shit

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

17 hours ago, azorahai said:

29, said to be attractive, good job, home owner, 5'6". I go on dates with women of all sizes but they all end up leaving soon and tell me that I am too short. I haven't been able to find a normal girlfriend forever unless she is Asian and I'm just not attracted to Asian women. I hate life.

How much do you weigh and what's your bodyfat %?

12 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

And also yeah you technically can lose weight, a lot of weight. But some people are just more predisposed and will always be fairly chunky unless they're flatout anorexic or bulimic. Also once you're over certain weigth thereshold, it becomes virtually impossible to be normal again through diet an exercise, you'll just look like a fucking flying squirrel with all the extra skin flaps.

Yea, I mean I understand that some people are more predisposed to carry weight and that there's a point of no return, which is why I say "more often than not," but I'm definitely not saying "don't date fat people," you should get to know the person before making a judgement on them. Honestly I'm just saying that there's a difference between height and weight if you want to judge a book by it's cover. 

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

3 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

I'll give you another pain in the ass: shoes. Try finding nice shoes at size 13.5 or 14 US for example. I literally have to import or special order. I hate feeling like motherfucking big foot: my feet look just fine in proportion to my legs but it's like I'm a circus freak when I ask for 2 sizes above the largest they carry in stores.

I'm a size 12 (46 EU size) and have trouble finding shoes often, must be worse with your shoe size :P 

2 hours ago, azorahai said:

Thanks for your support. All good advice. Though, when you are a short man you really need to project confidence otherwise people really do try and start shit with you, especially on the workplace.

I have definitely been in meetings where people havr tried to bully me around simply because of my height and i have witnessed other meetings where managers wouldn't try shit with someone or a respectable size.

As soon as you are a short man people view you as "cute" but you aren't deemed alpha.

Someone I worked with a bit ago was also a bit shorter than average and he kinda got teased for it, but he just stayed confident and didn't let it bother him. It's all about the mindset, anyone can cry about the smallest (no pun intended) imperfection they have, but it takes a strong person to accept themselves for who they are.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

5 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Mighty mouse syndrome! Yep I know the type.

And also yeah you technically can lose weight, a lot of weight. But some people are just more predisposed and will always be fairly chunky unless they're flatout anorexic or bulimic. Also once you're over certain weigth thereshold, it becomes virtually impossible to be normal again through diet an exercise, you'll just look like a fucking flying squirrel with all the extra skin flaps.

But other than that yeah height is though but surgery can correct most other things if you're really desperate, which in the case of some disfiguring mishaps it's actually advisable to go that route.

Well, i don't think it is especially helpful to call it a syndrome as that has a negative connotation. The fact is, the absolute majority of short men do have issues unless they are tom cruise, and even he gets a lot of shit. Hollywood is brutal to the guy even before he turned into a psycho. They treat him like he is a midget.

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.7 GHZ...Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 Rev. 1.0...Gigabyte 980TI Gaming G1 "Windforce" (x2) in SLI...Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512 GB...Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 2400 MHZ 32 GB (8x4) Black...NZXT Kraken X61 (Top) with 2 Noctua NF-A14 PWM LTT Edition Fans and White Noctua Chromax Pads...Corsair Carbide Air 540 Arctic White Case with 1 Rear Noctua NF-A14 PWM LTT Edition Fan and 3 Front Noctua NF-F12 PWM LTT Edition Fans and White Noctua Chromax Pads...Corsair AX1500i PSU...CableMod White & Black Replacement Cables...Windows 10 Home...LG 34UC97 1440p 21:9 60hz Monitor...Ducky Shine 4 Keyboard...Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

6 hours ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Not sexist though.. breasts are specifically a female thing

height is not

its like if they left him cos is penis is small - but that can directly effect sexual stimulation so also a valid reason :D

I see what you mean, I only compared height to breast size as you have no input in the result of either.

I'm 5'7, and I have a very attractive fiancee. She's about ~5'4 or so.

Dude, you're honestly making excuses. Find other people to date. Try harder. People be assholes, and will make up any reason they feel like to dump you if they are not interested. Your height may very well just be an easy way to break it off, rather than explaining something they don't like, etc.

You can find someone, but you can't generalize like "Only Asians want to date me". That's bullshit. I know guys shorter than you that have had successful relationships.

If someone dumps you because you're too tall, then they are being superficial, and you would never have wanted to stay with them anyway. Obviously some girls are physically less attracted to shorter men (just like Men are attracted to various degrees of height in women), but the vast majority of the ones I've met, honestly don't care that much about height. They might "fantasize" about a 6'2 dude, but in reality they will settle for just about any height. You describe yourself as "said to be attractive", so honestly, you will find plenty of girls out there who will not care about your height.

Also, you said yourself that you're shy. So I'm going to go on a limb and guess that a lack of outward confidence is likely your biggest hindrance to finding a girl.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I'm 6'1" and it's really awkward when you're in clubs or dancing etc because you just feel self-conscious when you're dancing. Much better to be smaller like you. 

I'm 17, a guy and 158cm tall. (~5'1)

I'm not expected to grow any taller.

I also weigh less than 50kg (110 pounds).

I'm not even sure how to feel.

18 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

I'll give you another pain in the ass: shoes. Try finding nice shoes at size 13.5 or 14 US for example. I literally have to import or special order. I hate feeling like motherfucking big foot: my feet look just fine in proportion to my legs but it's like I'm a circus freak when I ask for 2 sizes above the largest they carry in stores.

You know what they say about people with big feet...

They have to special order shoes.

6"2 and 240lbs with a very broad build. Judo, and soccer were rather easy for me.

If it makes you feel any better, I wish I were smaller, honestly. I can't fit comfortably in a LOT of cars, and beds are too short, with either my head hitting the headboard, or feet hanging off the edge slightly. Sure, some people may not like you because you're short, but if those people leave you simply because you're short, then were they ever people you'd want to spend your life with, to begin with?

Listen mate, if even someone like me who abhors anything social, avoids daylight like its lava, and is generally just very introverted can get married, then you can find someone too. If chicks leave you because you're short, then seriously they weren't worth your time to begin with.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I'm 6ft 6in, a little on the big side. But I'm genuinely nice and care about everything and everyone. 

Women don't give a shit about people like me.

It isn't much better for taller people either.

Spoiler

I never really worried about my height, but after reading all this, it feels dang good to be 5'10"

I got lucky with that sweet spot.

18 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

I'm 5'7, and I have a very attractive fiancee. She's about ~5'4 or so.

Dude, you're honestly making excuses. Find other people to date. Try harder. People be assholes, and will make up any reason they feel like to dump you if they are not interested. Your height may very well just be an easy way to break it off, rather than explaining something they don't like, etc.

You can find someone, but you can't generalize like "Only Asians want to date me". That's bullshit. I know guys shorter than you that have had successful relationships.

If someone dumps you because you're too tall, then they are being superficial, and you would never have wanted to stay with them anyway. Obviously some girls are physically less attracted to shorter men (just like Men are attracted to various degrees of height in women), but the vast majority of the ones I've met, honestly don't care that much about height. They might "fantasize" about a 6'2 dude, but in reality they will settle for just about any height. You describe yourself as "said to be attractive", so honestly, you will find plenty of girls out there who will not care about your height.

Also, you said yourself that you're shy. So I'm going to go on a limb and guess that a lack of outward confidence is likely your biggest hindrance to finding a girl.

You speak the truth. My confidence is poor.

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.7 GHZ...Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 Rev. 1.0...Gigabyte 980TI Gaming G1 "Windforce" (x2) in SLI...Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512 GB...Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 2400 MHZ 32 GB (8x4) Black...NZXT Kraken X61 (Top) with 2 Noctua NF-A14 PWM LTT Edition Fans and White Noctua Chromax Pads...Corsair Carbide Air 540 Arctic White Case with 1 Rear Noctua NF-A14 PWM LTT Edition Fan and 3 Front Noctua NF-F12 PWM LTT Edition Fans and White Noctua Chromax Pads...Corsair AX1500i PSU...CableMod White & Black Replacement Cables...Windows 10 Home...LG 34UC97 1440p 21:9 60hz Monitor...Ducky Shine 4 Keyboard...Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

On July 3, 2016 at 5:51 PM, azorahai said:

29, said to be attractive, good job, home owner, 5'6". I go on dates with women of all sizes but they all end up leaving soon and tell me that I am too short. I haven't been able to find a normal girlfriend forever unless she is Asian and I'm just not attracted to Asian women. I hate life.

Even if you're taller, why would you want to have a long term relationship with a woman that would dump a guy just because he's shorter?

I wouldn't. Sounds like superficial bitches to me. 

2 hours ago, TheBestUserName said:

Even if you're taller, why would you want to have a long term relationship with a woman that would dump a guy just because he's shorter?

I wouldn't. Sounds like superficial bitches to me. 

Deep down, we all have our likes and dislikes. If you don't find something attractive then there is not much you can do about it, and a relationship is not going to be solid if you don't find your partner attractive.

I wish I was shorter. I'm too tall for many things so it makes me kinda uncomfortable in less tall places.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I have a friend who is over 2 m tall (he got knocked out by a door frame) Being "taller" isn't always good.

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

I appreciate that you guys are trying to help with the whole "being tall ain't great either" comments but in the real world when you're tall (even obscenely tall) people treat you with a lot more respect than if you are short.

For instance, just the other day I saw a woman who happened to be a midget trying carefully to step on to the escalator. A guy just comes up from behind her and picks her up and puts her on the escalator. He looked like he wanted to then pat her on the head or something else that is "cute". She didn't ask for his help and she looked embarrassed and also a bit annoyed.

If you go on a dating site you'll often see women place a pretty firm cap on the minimum height range for their partner but never the maximum. Oddly, if I try and go for women of like 5 feet they are worse than the women around my height because they just expect men to be like 6 feet. It is a very odd phenomenon but short women are probably more height elitist than average height to tall women.

On 7/3/2016 at 5:51 PM, azorahai said:

Trust me, you don't wish you were taller. At 6'4" I can promise that everything is more difficult. Shoes are astronomically harder to find, and more expensive. It's hard to find pants in a 31" waist and 34" seam. You have to buy large or xl tshirts just for the length, even though they are way to large in all other ways. People constantly say "damn! look at those big feet, I bet it's hard to knock you over! Are you good at basketball?" My queen size bed that I sleep alone in is too small. Anytime anyone needs to get anything off of a shelf or have anything climbed, you're their first call. The ground is too far away, the top of a doorway is way to close. You don't fit on motorcycles, small cars feel like go carts. Private time with your girlfriend is way too difficult, unless she also happens to be insanely tall. Like seriously though, things just don't line up right. And the worst thing of all: You can't be a fighter pilot or an astronaut. 

The grass always seems greener on the other side, but it's rarely so.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

51 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

Trust me, you don't wish you were taller. At 6'4" I can promise that everything is more difficult. Shoes are astronomically harder to find, and more expensive. It's hard to find pants in a 31" waist and 34" seam. You have to buy large or xl tshirts just for the length, even though they are way to large in all other ways. People constantly say "damn! look at those big feet, I bet it's hard to knock you over! Are you good at basketball?" My queen size bed that I sleep alone in is too small. Anytime anyone needs to get anything off of a shelf or have anything climbed, you're their first call. The ground is too far away, the top of a doorway is way to close. You don't fit on motorcycles, small cars feel like go carts. Private time with your girlfriend is way too difficult, unless she also happens to be insanely tall. Like seriously though, things just don't line up right. And the worst thing of all: You can't be a fighter pilot or an astronaut. 

The grass always seems greener on the other side, but it's rarely so.

Never heard of that in my life. MOST women would LOVE a guy of your height. If you are short and attractive you will get far less women than if you are tall and average.

So you have trouble finding clothes. All my clothes need to either be custom or tailored . Can't find size 26 inseam pants unless you go to the fat kids section.

6 minutes ago, azorahai said:

Never heard of that in my life. MOST women would LOVE a guy of your height. If you are short and attractive you will get far less women than if you are tall and average.

I didn't say that they didn't (however I personally find it difficult to attract women :/) I said it makes certain things more difficult because things don't physically line up very well and in certain maneuvers you have to contort yourself or use risers to complete the docking procedure. (trying to keep a conversation like this pg is harder than I thought).

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

If a woman is prepared to leave you because of your height you have to ask yourself whether you'd really want to be with them if they're prepared to leave you over something so trivial.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL