i wish I was taller

azorahai

29, said to be attractive, good job, home owner, 5'6". I go on dates with women of all sizes but they all end up leaving soon and tell me that I am too short. I haven't been able to find a normal girlfriend forever unless she is Asian and I'm just not attracted to Asian women. I hate life.

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.7 GHZ...Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 Rev. 1.0...Gigabyte 980TI Gaming G1 "Windforce" (x2) in SLI...Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512 GB...Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 2400 MHZ 32 GB (8x4) Black...NZXT Kraken X61 (Top) with 2 Noctua NF-A14 PWM LTT Edition Fans and White Noctua Chromax Pads...Corsair Carbide Air 540 Arctic White Case with 1 Rear Noctua NF-A14 PWM LTT Edition Fan and 3 Front Noctua NF-F12 PWM LTT Edition Fans and White Noctua Chromax Pads...Corsair AX1500i PSU...CableMod White & Black Replacement Cables...Windows 10 Home...LG 34UC97 1440p 21:9 60hz Monitor...Ducky Shine 4 Keyboard...Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

3 hours ago, TopWargamer said:

Man, Tinder is the most superficial app ever and it is really just for hookups. If you're under 6 feet and not jacked don't even bother with that app

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.7 GHZ...Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 Rev. 1.0...Gigabyte 980TI Gaming G1 "Windforce" (x2) in SLI...Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512 GB...Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 2400 MHZ 32 GB (8x4) Black...NZXT Kraken X61 (Top) with 2 Noctua NF-A14 PWM LTT Edition Fans and White Noctua Chromax Pads...Corsair Carbide Air 540 Arctic White Case with 1 Rear Noctua NF-A14 PWM LTT Edition Fan and 3 Front Noctua NF-F12 PWM LTT Edition Fans and White Noctua Chromax Pads...Corsair AX1500i PSU...CableMod White & Black Replacement Cables...Windows 10 Home...LG 34UC97 1440p 21:9 60hz Monitor...Ducky Shine 4 Keyboard...Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

3 minutes ago, GSTARR said:

I wish I was a baller

I wish I had a girl who looked good I would call her
I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Current System: R7 1700x 3.93Ghz, PowerColor R9 380x 1.14ghz, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200mhz, EVGA 650 GS

1 minute ago, TobiMay said:

I wish I had a girl who looked good I would call her
I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

same

Shipping sucks

I think in life it doesn't work that way...

A lot of guys who are good looking are single. 

Then if they tell their friends he had been single for the last few years, their friends are all gonna roll their eyes 360 degree and thinking he is just trying to be a dick. 

Some guys that have a average looking, not too tall or short, had a lot of girlfriends especially in their teenage years. 

Did you see what george clooney looks like when he was a kid?

I would not believe he was a popular guy back then, 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

I am about 6'5" (196 cm) and I wish I was shorter.

It is such a pain being too tall. I can literally not sit in some seats on things like buses. I can almost never sit anywhere without my knees hitting whatever is in front of me.

Hugging/kissing is a real pain in the ass too. You either shove them right into your chest, or you have to lean forward/crouch in an awkward way.

So think of it on the bright side. At least you got decent amount of leg space, and there is a possibility that a tall woman will shove your face into her chest when she wants to hug you.

Meh, you can either keep complaining or deal with it. It's just your body, people can look past that and see your true self. Maybe your height was just an easy thing for these females to 'dump'/let you go for.

Also:

"I haven't been able to find a normal girlfriend forever unless she is Asian and I'm just not attracted to Asian women."

You are not attracted to Asian females, that's okay. But you also have to accept that some people are not attracted to people under 6 feet.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

And you also probably wound't date morbidly obese girls, girls that are a full foot taller than you, etc.

I have to side with @LAwLz here while I am not as tall (190 cm which actually is quite a bit for Mexico which is on average like 160cm for males and less and like 155cm for females) world around here is made for much smaller people. And about girls not dating you even if you were tall they'd think you're ugly, fat, skinny, poor, etc. There is no shortage of reasons to be rejected, it has little to do with size and everything to do with social expectations which is men chase women and tolerate rejection, which is fucking bullshit of course.

-------

Current Rig

-------

proof that everyone wants what they don't have lol. I'm 6'4" and want desperately to be about 4-5" shorter. It's hard being too big for literally everything

I'll give you another pain in the ass: shoes. Try finding nice shoes at size 13.5 or 14 US for example. I literally have to import or special order. I hate feeling like motherfucking big foot: my feet look just fine in proportion to my legs but it's like I'm a circus freak when I ask for 2 sizes above the largest they carry in stores.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Thanks for your support. All good advice. Though, when you are a short man you really need to project confidence otherwise people really do try and start shit with you, especially on the workplace.

I have definitely been in meetings where people havr tried to bully me around simply because of my height and i have witnessed other meetings where managers wouldn't try shit with someone or a respectable size.

As soon as you are a short man people view you as "cute" but you aren't deemed alpha.

17 hours ago, azorahai said:

29, said to be attractive, good job, home owner, 5'6". I go on dates with women of all sizes but they all end up leaving soon and tell me that I am too short. I haven't been able to find a normal girlfriend forever unless she is Asian and I'm just not attracted to Asian women. I hate life.

im 25, 5'10" and fat, live at home and have been with my girlfriend for nearly  a year now, and my previous girlfriends lasted a few months too etc

Maybe you are are dating too much, and trying too hard, and get bored fast so they just make any old excuse and leave

Find a short girl? A lot of my female friends are short, certainly your height or smaller

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

8 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

im 25, 5'10" and fat, live at home and have been with my girlfriend for nearly  a year now, and my previous girlfriends lasted a few months too etc

Maybe you are are dating too much, and trying too hard, and get bored fast so they just make any old excuse and leave

Find a short girl? A lot of my female friends are short, certainly your height or smaller

Oh I'd love to date a short girl except on online dating all the short girls want a guy your height lol. The only women interested in me are supper uggos or foreigners looking for a visa

1 minute ago, azorahai said:

Oh I'd love to date a short girl except on online dating all the short girls want a guy your height lol. The only women interested in me are supper uggos or foreigners looking for a visa

Never needed to use a dating site

I actually found my gf through Instagram lol

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1 minute ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Never needed to use a dating site

I actually found my gf through Instagram lol

What's the alternative to a dating site for a shy 29 year old guy?

1 hour ago, Misanthrope said:

I'll give you another pain in the ass: shoes. Try finding nice shoes at size 13.5 or 14 US for example. I literally have to import or special order. I hate feeling like motherfucking big foot: my feet look just fine in proportion to my legs but it's like I'm a circus freak when I ask for 2 sizes above the largest they carry in stores.

You think that's bad? I have to buy size 16...

But yeah, being large isn't all it's cut out to be. Gotta buy special tall clothes and huge ass shoes. When you're a broke ass like me it's not so fun.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

5 minutes ago, azorahai said:

What's the alternative to a dating site for a shy 29 year old guy?

Social media I guess, thats how I have always done it 

or through meeting people in life I guess

Most dates from dating apps are unsuccessful - or find somebody on a dating site, and get to know them for longer before meeting them

1 hour ago, Misanthrope said:

And you also probably wound't date morbidly obese girls

Yea but the difference is that you can lose weight more often than not, but you can't really gain or lose height.

I understand objecting to weight, there are reasons other than "ew I think they're gross," yet height is much harder to argue against with anything other than "ew gross," unless you're truly concerned for your offspring for something so petty.

One thing I found hilarious though is that my Manager isn't all that tall either, probably 5'8", so he decided to compensate for it by going to the gym. The dude's jacked honestly lol.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

17 hours ago, azorahai said:

It's honestly bullsh*t. It's sexist if a guy tells a girl he's not interested because of her breast size, but when a girl tells a guy she doesn't like him because of his height it's all fine and dandy.

5 minutes ago, Suika said:

Yea but the difference is that you can lose weight more often than not, but you can't really gain or lose height.

I understand objecting to weight, there are reasons other than "ew I think they're gross," yet height is much harder to argue against with anything other than "ew gross," unless you're truly concerned for your offspring for something so petty.

One thing I found hilarious though is that my Manager isn't all that tall either, probably 5'8", so he decided to compensate for it by going to the gym. The dude's jacked honestly lol.

Mighty mouse syndrome! Yep I know the type.

And also yeah you technically can lose weight, a lot of weight. But some people are just more predisposed and will always be fairly chunky unless they're flatout anorexic or bulimic. Also once you're over certain weigth thereshold, it becomes virtually impossible to be normal again through diet an exercise, you'll just look like a fucking flying squirrel with all the extra skin flaps.

But other than that yeah height is though but surgery can correct most other things if you're really desperate, which in the case of some disfiguring mishaps it's actually advisable to go that route.

-------

Current Rig

-------

4 minutes ago, Terrifis said:

It's honestly bullsh*t. It's sexist if a guy tells a girl he's not interested because of her breast size, but when a girl tells a guy she doesn't like him because of his height it's all fine and dandy.

Not sexist though.. breasts are specifically a female thing

height is not

its like if they left him cos is penis is small - but that can directly effect sexual stimulation so also a valid reason :D

14 hours ago, azorahai said:

Man, Tinder is the most superficial app ever and it is really just for hookups. If you're under 6 feet and not jacked don't even bother with that app

No?