What tech company do you hate the most? Why?

Go to solution Solved by Zentex,

Does EA count as a tech company?

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

You know they have grey and black versions too right?

Oh shit. *slurps up all noctuna products*, sorry I'm stoopid.

1 minute ago, Clarkster said:

Oh shit. *slurps up all noctuna products*, sorry I'm stoopid.

Nah, I didn't even realize they had them in other colors until I looked on their site and got the SKU so I could properly search for them :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

16 hours ago, khothmod said:

Too little VRAM is in no way "planned obsolescence". Everything else, sure. 

Well, considering games uses a lot more vram today and the last couple of years, NVidia owners has to use lower textures, which has a huge impact on graphics fidelity. So these cards will make the game look worse than what the GPU can handle performance wise. It's the same issue as with GameWorks, as performance and/or graphics will simply be lower, so people think they need to upgrade.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

On June 26, 2016 at 1:12 PM, NinjaJc01 said:

Apple. Overpriced products, poor customer service, the fact it's very hard to change the battery on an iPhone yourself, I could go on.

Actually i think and also read an article about how Apple has the best customer support out there.

I have a very passionate hatred for Thermaltake. Their products are cheaply made, and they can't be original and make their own products. What do they do to combat this negative image? Sponsor shit loads of builds using as many thermaltake products as possible.  I hate them. 

ASU

17 hours ago, khothmod said:

Too little VRAM is in no way "planned obsolescence". Everything else, sure. 

Apart from the fact it is. I good friend of me has a 560ti, still today a decent card. Most games 1080p 60fps no problem if you turn down details.

Issue is that in some games 1gb isn't enough to run it on even the lowest settings (i know he has issues with a recent AC).

In modern games like Rise of the Tomb Raider the details are almost at the lowest setting, not because the gpu can't handle it but because any more quality will cause the VRAM to overflow.

The 580 is also a perfect example of this, the gpu is still decent but the fact it only has 1.5Gb is just not enough.

AMD cards to complete the comparison were usually released with more VRAM or at least you had the option.

The 6950 for example came in 1GB and 2GB variants. I personally still have a 6950 with 2GB ram and for the games of today they are still a good match.

The gpu can still be pushed to its limit without VRAM issues, i do have games where it's close to full (fallout 4 uses 1.8Gb) but there is no point in pushing it further because the gpu can't handle more. Also 1080p 60 in most games is still possible with details turned down.

I have experience with nvidia cards having not enough VRAM and it's really annoying once you start getting issues with it. Performance falls flat on its face and usually you can't fix it at all. 

The fact that the 970 has that 0.5GB of slower memory isn't an issue for now but i am 100% sure in a few years suddenly everyone will run around screaming they have issues with their 970 because of it.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

On 01/07/2016 at 9:55 PM, BingoFishy said:

and I need an app drawer.

I hate the app drawer haha

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

On 7/2/2016 at 8:46 PM, SIRmisterD said:

I can understand why people dislike Apple, but I do want to point out that their customer service is probably one of the best I've seen in a company. For example I hear many stories of Apple employees doing the good deed and upgrading the customer's machine under certain circumstances when they bring it to an Apple Store.

Another example I can say from personal experience is when their products has some trouble, I can simply bring it in and Apple will help me out. I've brought in broken chargers (they just stopped working, I did not damage it intentionally), EarPods that had some trouble, my Apple Watch Sport band that had trouble locking into place, and all of those they replaced after simply checking it out. No extra fees or anything. 

If Apple's customer service was bad, no one would buy from them.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

On 3.7.2016 at 4:07 PM, BenKavanagh said:

Actually i think and also read an article about how Apple has the best customer support out there.

Yeah in my experience any warranty issue I've had with them have been painless. New earbuds three times. And when my lock button on my iphone 4 got stuck they just replaced my phone on the spot. Best customer service I've ever come across personally.

Alienware...Who doesnt honestly?

Microsoft...im a bit butthurt about the UWP BS ruining the PC port of Quantum Break (honestly Remedy should have been given more time with the port anyways) since it was for a while Finlands biggest budget entertainment production, but then again the game didnt quite change the industry forever either. UWP and the forced windows 10 update BS arent exactly good PR...

"Give a man a mask and he will become his true self." -Oscar Wilde

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i5 6600k @ 3.5GHz GPU MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Motherboard Asus Z170 Pro Gaming RAM Kingston Fury 2x4GB DDR4 2666MHz PSU XFX 650W Storage Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, Kingston 128GB SSD OS Windows 10

Google.  Way overhyped, and I'm not sure what, if anything, they bring to the table.   But they sure go around thinking that they've invented the search engine (they didn't -- in fact, they've invented very little), and are the best thing since sliced bread.

I'd sure like to see the company cut down to size and be forced to actually innovate and invent instead of just relying upon ads and rehashing the technology of others, calling it their own.

alienware and apple

alienware charging a premium for garbage quality

apple their devices either break or softwrare support is lost

On 6/26/2016 at 8:17 PM, DarkBlade2117 said:

I can't say Apple, I don't personally agree with them but some of their products are alright

Asus or Corsair has to be up there. I just see them as fanboy companies which products that come with a premium price that people look over because ASUS AND CORSAIR YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

It won't stop me from buying one of their products if it is good, Corsair had the best deal on RAM at the time of Purchase so I got it.

Razer or Nvidia is probably up there.

1. Razer/Nvidia

2. Asus/Corsair

I can't put these in a direct order but Razer and Nvidia top Asus/Corsair. Though, I would have no problem buying products from any of these companies if they prove worthy.

If anything from your list it recently Razer... Way too ovvver prriceed

3 hours ago, TITANB said:

If anything from your list it recently Razer... Way too ovvver prriceed

Razer isn't that bad. The competition is simply better, coming from something like the CM Store it would be better but overall a Logitech, Steelseries or Ducky keyboard would be better.

Mouses, Mionix, Steelseries, Zowie ect are better in mice.

They aren't THAT overpriced either, I mean look at the RGB variants of the K70 and K95

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Not so much the company but the overhype and cult mentality that apple fans seem to have. They are rabid about how their new xyz apple product is a gift from the gods and will lose their shit if you try to point out better options at same price point.

Dell as a company on the home use side is a pain in the ass to work with for customer service. The Business side is wonderful though.

23 hours ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Razer isn't that bad. The competition is simply better, coming from something like the CM Store it would be better but overall a Logitech, Steelseries or Ducky keyboard would be better.

Mouses, Mionix, Steelseries, Zowie ect are better in mice.

They aren't THAT overpriced either, I mean look at the RGB variants of the K70 and K95

Bro look at the orbweaver/black widow x

Apple. 

Well mostly I hate the cult/sheeple/whatever...

Overpriced, under-impressionable technology. It is what it is. It is not the greatest thing out there and it doesn't have rainbows blowing out is butt.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Every cellphone maker that made the flip phone obsolete.

And yes I know about the samsung flip phone. have to sell my organs to get one of those.

On 7/3/2016 at 10:22 PM, Hackentosher said:

I have a very passionate hatred for Thermaltake. Their products are cheaply made, and they can't be original and make their own products. What do they do to combat this negative image? Sponsor shit loads of builds using as many thermaltake products as possible.  I hate them. 

Cheaply made

Original I would say they are cant think of anyone with as big of a range of cases and modularity they have

Dont touch their water cooling though

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

2 hours ago, thekeemo said:

Cheaply made

Original I would say they are cant think of anyone with as big of a range of cases and modularity they have

Dont touch their water cooling though

That's true, but how many of those cases (the new ones anyway) are original ideas? A lot of them are blatantly stolen from caselabs or fractal design.  

ASU

26 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

That's true, but how many of those cases (the new ones anyway) are original ideas? A lot of them are blatantly stolen from caselabs or fractal design.  

Caselabs apologized and said they werent ripoffs (the TT is far more modular and is quite a bit different IMO) .. There is the one line that does look like the fractal series but who bought that (not that that excuses them)

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Apple and Samsung.

Apple because they are just a Shit heap .

Samsung because they just a Shit heap.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

Samsung or Lenovo.  Lenovo got caught actively putting spyware of sorts on their customers' computers, that's some BS.  Samsung, I read an article one time, and some emails leaked between Samsung execs.  Anyways, it was right after the death of Steve Jobs.  They were talking about how they would use the death of a human being to not only improve their sales, but bash Apple.  I know competition needs to be fierce, but I have a hard time accepting the use of a death of a human being for such a low way of doing such. 

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.