What tech company do you hate the most? Why?

Go to solution Solved by Zentex,

Does EA count as a tech company?

2 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

I never thought I'd see the day where I say that Apple have better cooling that something but Apple are better than Razer in every respect :D

Razer puts better hardware into their machines for one thing.

Apple's stuff is well built, I'll give them that, but they're not simply 'better' than Razer laptops.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

7 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

It is rumored that Intel, is making/have a back door into all laptops just like the superfish thing was and the same thing as other laptop companies also had/have. So right now if that is true every single laptop has a back door, expect business grade laptops and even those might have a back door, but I know lenovo and thinkpads and they will fight with intel over it.

How the hell does that work? Are they doing it with their drivers and it's just for the laptops with Intel CPUs in it?

Maybe Lenovo will go with AMD for laptops, that'd be nice.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

6 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

I never thought I'd see the day where I say that Apple have better cooling that something but Apple are better than Razer in every respect :D

I don't like either though. But I don't really pay attention to Razer, while Apple is much more popular thus I get reminded that I don't like them more often

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Dash Lambda said:

Razer puts better hardware into their machines for one thing.

Apple's stuff is well built, I'll give them that, but they're not simply 'better' than Razer laptops.

Oh, thing is. An overheating 970M is still slower than a 940MX. Razer laptops Overheat. That is why I disregard them when recommending things

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

How the hell does that work? Are they doing it with their drivers and it's just for the laptops with Intel CPUs in it?

They sort of already do. The Gaming Y700 comes in 2 versions. i7 6700HQ + 960M and FX 8800P + R9 M385X

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

3 minutes ago, Notional said:

They tried to send it to an EU address :P

they sent it to someone up near liverpool

*slight* fuck up on apple's part since thats about 6 hours away

bregsit

Spoiler

PC specs: i7 4770s, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz (2x8GB, cheap Crucial RAM), Crucial BX500 480GB , 2x WD Blue 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Windows 7

Laptop Specs: i5 5350U, Intel HD something, 8GB (probably DDR3 idk), 128GB Samsung(?) SSD, MacOS whatever the newest one is

2 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

Oh, thing is. An overheating 970M is still slower than a 940MX. Razer laptops Overheat. That is why I disregard them when recommending things

I can't say I have either to be sure, but I don't remember anything about Razer's products burning themselves to death (which they would have to almost literally do to sink down to the level of a Macbook Pro's hardware...).

Can you give me numbers?

I can't say I have either to be sure, but I don't remember anything about Razer's products burning themselves to death (which they would have to almost literally do to sink down to the level of a Macbook Pro's hardware...).

Can you give me numbers?

Look at Linus' Blade 2016 review. There is around 15-20% throttling. And the 15' Macbooks come with R9 M370Xs so around a 940MX-950M

Apple and Razer are strong contenders for me.

Not saying they're bad products, but a lot of people that use them and "advertise" those products annoy me to no end. Proclaiming their product is simply the best because it's from said company with no valid information to back up their claims. Thinking they're a superior race or something because they use said products.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

3 hours ago, ninninon said:

Corsair AIO's are decent, their cases are fantastic IMO. If you want plain, well built, not too expensive cases without ugly vents then just get a corsair obsidian series. Their keyboards are good too, since they follow the same simple minimalist aesthetics. Their logo is nice too, I'd buy a razer laptop thing if it was for that ugly logo that looks like it was designed by an 11 year old. 

There cases are very meh.

Simplistic? Look at the 760T ect. If I want a simplistic case I am going with a  Define S or Define R5.

Vents? I mean... 90% of Corsair cases let you see directly into the case with the vents come with these ugly ass LED fans.

Fractal has already won the simplistic area.

And the Obsidian Series again has the vents, yes they are best for airflow but look ugly as sin and the Define R5 and Define S are both less than $100, I think closer to $70.

Keyboards... I don't personally think they're all that simplistic. We may see this is different ways but simplistic to me is no logos, no special keys. Only extra keys should be macros and audio keys ect can be built it with the function keys. The Ducky One and Shine 5 are both great examples of simplistic.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

1 minute ago, don_svetlio said:

They sort of already do. The Gaming Y700 comes in 2 versions. i7 6700HQ + 960M and FX 8800P + R9 M385X

Noice. Our Lenovo G50 something has an A8 6410 in it. But it's low budget and it was before things were either IdeaPad/IdeaCentre or ThinkPad/ThinkCentre or Yoga.

I'd like to see like a Bristol Ridge A9 or A12 in like a Yoga 700 or IdeaPad 500 or IdeaPad 600 or Flex.

I really couldn't say for sure.

I don't wanna say Nvidia, because, truth be told, they aren't the Satan of everything.

If I had to pick one company, it'd be Valve, no questions asked. 

No direction with their controllers or the Steam Machines, the ridiculous amount of ripping off they're doing in TF2, the blatant fact that they cannot optimize for shit, the list goes on.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

7 minutes ago, wcreek said:

They will put it into their drivers, that is updated via microsoft update, yeah it is only for intel laptops, but if I know thinkpads as well as I think I do, then Lenovo will do everything they can to do so it will not work on thinkpads.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

18 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

Intel and Nvidia irritate me, sure. They have certain practices I'd rather not see, they're a bit too comfortable in their position, all that guff. That isn't the company, though, that's the system the company's in. They lack serious competition (Intel more than Nvidia), so they get comfortable.

I don't like Apple at all. Their products are overpriced, they've been getting progressively nonsensical with their "minimalism," their operating systems are like toys, they're driving the market towards stupid things about form over function, so-on... But I don't hate them.

The only companies I can say I truly hate are ISP's. We all know why.

ok, but you gotta give apple some credit for at allowing us power users to use the capability of these macbooks and imacs (since osx and soon macos doesn't utilize all of the systems' power) by giving us boot camp, allowing us to dual boot windows and mac on our systems. it's a great feature tbh, and when i do get my macbook pro, i'm gonna take full advantage of it.  so apple is not all form and no function. they still can provide some good function.

20 minutes ago, ninninon said:

Corsair AIO's are decent, their cases are fantastic IMO. If you want plain, well built, not too expensive cases without ugly vents then just get a corsair obsidian series. Their keyboards are good too, since they follow the same simple minimalist aesthetics. Their logo is nice too, I'd buy a razer laptop thing if it was for that ugly logo that looks like it was designed by an 11 year old. 

they do have some pretty sleek yet beautiful cases. and they're still practical without looking tacky and cheap. and the logo i wouldn't even mind. it's tolerable.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

45 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

Cause they don't support DX12 properly :D

I don't like arguing with you for many reasons, but there's a difference between actually supporting DirectX 12 and supersaturating the card for the sake of an advantage of one side.

Look at it like games like Crysis 2 absolutely demolished performance on AMD's side because they weren't meant to handle the metric fuckton of tessellation that was going on. Same thing is going on with Nvidia and Ashes.

Does that excuse them cutting back on Maxwell and Pascal? No. But that's not to say it's entirely Nvidia's fault.

3 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I really couldn't say for sure.

I don't wanna say Nvidia, because, truth be told, they aren't the Satan of everything.

If I had to pick one company, it'd be Valve, no questions asked. 

No direction with their controllers or the Steam Machines, the ridiculous amount of ripping off they're doing in TF2, the blatant fact that they cannot optimize for shit, the list goes on.

Steam machines were a flop, sure.

Their controller, though? That thing's the best controller I've ever used, and they keep updating it, making new features, and improving it while listening to what the community's saying. 

And TF2 is free. It's not just free, you get random drops quite frequently, and it's almost always either something you want or something you can turn into metal to use as currency. Where's the ripoff?

Their controller, though? That thing's the best controller I've ever used, and they keep updating it, making new features, and improving it while listening to what the community's saying. 

And TF2 is free. It's not just free, you get random drops quite frequently, and it's almost always either something you want or something you can turn into metal to use as currency. Where's the ripoff?

Idk I haven't used it before it looks awkward, I like my the DS4 that the PS4 uses though.

6 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

There cases are very meh.

Simplistic? Look at the 760T ect. If I want a simplistic case I am going with a  Define S or Define R5.

Vents? I mean... 90% of Corsair cases let you see directly into the case with the vents come with these ugly ass LED fans.

Fractal has already won the simplistic area.

And the Obsidian Series again has the vents, yes they are best for airflow but look ugly as sin and the Define R5 and Define S are both less than $100, I think closer to $70.

Keyboards... I don't personally think they're all that simplistic. We may see this is different ways but simplistic to me is no logos, no special keys. Only extra keys should be macros and audio keys ect can be built it with the function keys. The Ducky One and Shine 5 are both great examples of simplistic.

imo the obsidian cases, with the exception of the 350d and 250d, are very beautiful looking cases. they don't try too hard to look nice, and i like a subtle yet beautiful looking case, yet still be practical enough for my needs. the obsidian 650d and above check all those boxes. and the vents aren't exactly obvious either. and the led fans are there just for now, you can always replace the fans yourself. and in terms of keyboards. i prefer special keys and macro keys and stuff to be their own buttons, not integrated with the function keys, that way i can have quick access to those buttons. and corsair keyboards, like the obsidian cases, don't try too hard to look good, no tacky accents, no flashy keys, with the exception of the wasd and arrow keys, but other than that, it's subtle yet beautiful.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Idk I haven't used it before it looks awkward, I like my the DS4 that the PS4 uses though.

It's awkward until you figure out you're using a Steam controller rather than a 360 or DS controller.

6 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

Why I say TF2 is a ripoff is because it's basically recycling content from CSGO now. Not to mention half the skins don't even look that good.

I'm one of those who think that TF2's on a decline, and to be honest, it's been like that ever since the shit they pulled with the End of the Line update and cp_snowplow. EoTL was a glorified hat update, Smissmas 2014 sucked ass, Gun Mettle tried reverting their mistakes from EoTL while being 6 months too late and ripping off CSGO at the same time. Invasion was pointless, SF2015 was disappointing, Smissmas 2015 aka the Tough Break update was really fucking stupid and lazier than 2014, I can go on.

For me, personally, I'd have to say Toshiba is one of the companies that I dislike the most.  Their driver upkeep and selection is awful, and not to include they don't ever produce a product that isn't built by someone else, just better.

Not to include they tend to use proprietary devices very often.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

7 minutes ago, terrytek said:

ok, but you gotta give apple some credit for at allowing us power users to use the capability of these macbooks and imacs (since osx and soon macos doesn't utilize all of the systems' power) by giving us boot camp, allowing us to dual boot windows and mac on our systems. it's a great feature tbh, and when i do get my macbook pro, i'm gonna take full advantage of it.  so apple is not all form and no function. they still can provide some good function.

they do have some pretty sleek yet beautiful cases. and they're still practical without looking tacky and cheap. and the logo i wouldn't even mind. it's tolerable.

I'm mostly thinking hardware. They'll shave a few hours off the battery life if it means they can shave a few tenths of a millimeter off the thickness, they'll let a CPU pin itself at its thermal limit if it means they can make it a tad lighter (and thinner), they'll stick a mobile GPU on a 5K panel just so they can say "look at this pretty iMac, it's so thin, and it has such a high number."

Absolutely everything about the 2015 Macbook... Now that's a product I hate. I don't like the company, but I HATE that product.

I'm mostly thinking hardware. They'll shave a few hours off the battery life if it means they can shave a few tenths of a millimeter off the thickness, they'll let a CPU pin itself at its thermal limit if it means they can make it a tad lighter (and thinner), they'll stick a mobile GPU on a 5K panel just so they can say "look at this pretty iMac, it's so thin, and it has such a high number."

Absolutely everything about the 2015 Macbook... Now that's a product I hate. I don't like the company, but I HATE that product.

i mean i love how thin it is and how light it is, but yeah, its seriously underpowered. but the macbook pro can still go as long as 9 hours on one charge, and it's still relatively thin for its size and power. so apple haven't TOTALLY screwed up the recipe for a laptop, yet. i mean its still good even for power users, though i wish it came with broadwell/skylake.

13 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

It's awkward until you figure out you're using a Steam controller rather than a 360 or DS controller.

Eh. One thing with the DS4 is that, yeah it doesn't fit in the hand as nicely as like a 360 controller but I think it still feels pretty decent. I didn't care too much for DS3 when I tried it. DS1 and DS2 were okay but I guess maybe because the DS3 was really similar to the DS1 and 2 that it just didn't seem like it was worthwhile.