What tech company do you hate the most? Why?

Go to solution Solved by Zentex,

Does EA count as a tech company?

1 hour ago, Cosmopath said:

I'm going to take the super obvious route and say Apple, but I'm going to take a different route as to why I hate them.

I am not going to complain about the price. Everything will have items with a premium, regardless of if they're good or not. Take cars, for example. Hell, a cheapo Toyota Corolla would probably last longer a 300 grand Ferrari, but someone who buys a Ferrari doesn't buy it with the intent to use it for 10 years or whatever. It's the consumer's choice, really. Apple isn't making any false statements in their marketing so no worries there.

What really ticks me off about Apple is how they force you to do things their way while you're using their product. It's funny, because Apple products are created with the intent of being extremely simple to use, but I find myself, even as someone who has years of experience with computers, struggling to complete the most basic of tasks. When you purchase an Apple product, you're essentially being locked into a prison, where you're being told what to do. This applies to both the software and hardware sides of things. Has anyone here tried to repair a Macbook before, where all of the chips are hidden throughout the motherboard, where the more uncommon replacement parts are nearly impossible to find, and how Apple hides their schematics? How about an iPhone battery, where you literally have to use a suction cup to remove the screen to get to the battery? It is a living hell, made that way on purpose. It's just Apple trying to upsell their new products when they tell you your issue can't be repaired when it actually can.

Now, don't get me wrong: I'm not expecting as much freedom as Android (also including manufacturers of Android phones: I have never heard of a big Android smartphone brand that makes it so difficult to replace or repair parts) or Microsoft provides in their products, but a product that doesn't feel like a prison would be nice.

I personally agree with you but I have doubts about the Ferrari thing. I don't have one nor am I a car enthusiast, but I find it hard to believe that a car costing that much would have longevity issues. Maybe we should post this in the car enthusiast thread?

nVidia due the one time I used one of their graphics cards and dealt with multiple driver crashes every day. Apple is overpriced as hell but I would rather own an iPod than any other media player. And the only reason I have an iPhone is because that's what my work provided for me. Microsoft I have a gripe with only for their Office 365 suite which I have to deal with on a daily basis for work.

One company I really don't like is Asus, probably only one I can recall right now. Typical overhyped fanboy company that has poor quality products but they are charging like they have something premium. They are creating some pathetic brands for 12 year olds like ROG, with fancy transformer look with some LEDs and they are luring customers this way, while not caring about quality at all. They are also sending polished units to reviewers that has nothing to deal with actual retail units that you can get in shops. Not to mention horrible customer support, you cannot go worse than this. 

There wouldn't be anything wrong and annoying about this, after all bad things are needed for good things to exist, but people are actually buying it and this leads to pathology on the market, when poor manufacturers are doing well, selling poor quality products for premium price, while good manufacturers are ignored and overwhelmed. And at the end it leads to lowering of quality on the entire market, because even good manufacturers needs to adjust to lower standards at some point to stay alive and competitive with prices.

I am really avoiding fanboyism and unjustified aversion for any manufacturer, but Asus is prime example of bad manufacturer that shouldn't be allowed to enter any civilized country with its 100% lack of respect for customer. 

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6900K 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: X99 Sabertooth | GPU: RTX 2080 Ti SLi | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3400 CL13 | SSD: SX8200 PRO 512GB | PSU: Corsair AX1600i | Case: InWin 805C | Monitor: LG 38UC99-W 85Hz | Keyboard: Wooting One Analog | Keypad: Azeron Compact Analog | Mouse: Swiftpoint Z | Audio: Klipsch Reference 5.1

your favorite company

Just joined the forum? Read this:

A Quick Guide To Get Started

Need Help Doing Something? Read this:

Guides & Tutorials Catalog

Need a New SSD? Read this:

Droidbot's SATA3 SSD Tier List

Need a New PSU? Read this:

PSU Tier List

In the mood for some memes? Look at these:

Linus Memes

Want to know my PC Specs and Peripherals?

Spoiler

CPU - Intel Xeon E5 2609 v3     Motherboard - ASRock X99 Extreme3      RAM - 16gb HyperX Fury DDR4      GPU - EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 SC      

Case - Inwin 103       Storage - HyperX Savage 240gb SSD      PSU - 550W Enermax NAXN      Display(s) - 2x Lenovo L27i-28, Dell 24"      Cooling - Corsair H100i Platinum     Keyboard - Corsair K95 Platinum MX Speed      Mouse - Logitech G900      Sound - Audio Technica ATH-M50x     Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

Join the LTT F@H Team!

You can help scientists studying Alzheimer's, Huntington's, and many cancers by simply running a piece of software on your computer.

Start now: Folding@Home Install Guide and Links

14 hours ago, terrytek said:

i mean i love how thin it is and how light it is, but yeah, its seriously underpowered. but the macbook pro can still go as long as 9 hours on one charge, and it's still relatively thin for its size and power. so apple haven't TOTALLY screwed up the recipe for a laptop, yet. i mean its still good even for power users, though i wish it came with broadwell/skylake.

I think that Apple is slowly fucking themselves up.

A lot of the power users had left MacOS behind and going for windows.

I had read a number of forum posts that indicate that the new mac pro a.k.a trash can does not perform that well (on certain tasks). 

Hence a lot of the power users instead of buying the entry level new mac pro, they went for the older machines that had configured to top specs.

iPad does not sell well, and iPhone aren't going anywhere. Don't even mention the new macbook... It is thin, but it is really underpowered.

I kind of like OS X, but their machines are either too expensive, or too slow to even run a modern day OS X. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

12 hours ago, TheMidnightNarwhal said:

Yes. The only thing I like about Apple is the iPhone. The computers are overpriced.

I feel the iPhone is a bit too locked down, I would rather have the access to changing my android OS and stuff.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

13 hours ago, IAmAndre said:

I'd say Electronic Arts for keeping up offering shitty games, almost no innovation between the generations, server issues, gameplay issues, inconsistent service across countries... but spending so much on marketing that everything looks great.

Look at the new need for speed.

The cars that showed up in the trailers all have a lot of customization options.

In real game  not every car has that many options. 

It just seemed that you bought a basket of eggs, only find out below the top eggs are a bunch of rocks. 

12 hours ago, TheMidnightNarwhal said:

I used to hate apple but now I'm getting an iPhone and I don't see how it's overpriced. A Galaxy S7 edge is the same price and it has no warranty.

Samsung's operating system SUCK BALLS. 

I used them before, my relatives used them before. 

None of us praise the products.

16 hours ago, Denboy_Kad said:

Which company and why?

Nvidia because they are cunts and dick heads heres why

-1.They nerf and leave support for old cards so people can buy new ones

-2.Never has fucking new released GPU's in stock

-3.they make a X80 or XX80 card and call it the most powerful card and then they release a Titan which is 3 times more expensive and when they are happy they release a X80Ti or XX80Ti card which is 2 times cheaper and performs the same

-4.Stealing AMD technologies when they are Open Source and they just steal it and make it Closed source

-I dont know why people hate apple if your a business man and want something thats slim and is easy to use Apple is your choice...I liked apple a LOT MORE while Steve Jobs (R.I.P) was in it

When life gives you drugs you sell them for a living.

15 hours ago, terrytek said:

1. Western Digital. their products are always shit, they advertise their products to be good, when they really ain't, and i bought like 5 drives to put in a RAID array, they all died within 3 weeks. such shoddy quality. from then on, i've sworn onto seagate for quality hard drives.

I agree on WD but Seacrate is much much worse.

I don't necessarily hate these brands but I hate their fanboys.

• Corsair
  • Apple
  • Razer
  • Nvidia
  • ASUS
  • Kingston

11 hours ago, terrytek said:

but i'd much prefer the g700, created during logitech's prime. it's a much more practical mouse, it's cheaper, and it doesn't try too hard to look good with leds and crap.

Once you've seen the company in its peak form, it is very hard to accept its declines. 

People expect every generation of iPhone has the wow effect of iphone 4. (In my opinion that is the best iPhone that apple made.) 

Look at what people are saying now when the new iphone is coming out.

Corsair's cases build quality is not that great. Their keyboard though is much better.

Apple's obnoxious $300 for adding 4GB of ram thingy, also the 5400rpm HDD in your "state-of-the-art & thin as fuck" macs are also some of the things that people hate. And those IOS's upgrade that is gonna slow your device bit by bit so you can buy a new one..

Asus's GPU that gonna run too hot and is noise as hell. 

Razer's infamous double clicking mouse and terrible laptops and other products. 

What else can I think of??

10 hours ago, Cosmopath said:

I'm going to take the super obvious route and say Apple, but I'm going to take a different route as to why I hate them.

I am not going to complain about the price. Everything will have items with a premium, regardless of if they're good or not. Take cars, for example. Hell, a cheapo Toyota Corolla would probably last longer a 300 grand Ferrari, but someone who buys a Ferrari doesn't buy it with the intent to use it for 10 years or whatever. It's the consumer's choice, really. Apple isn't making any false statements in their marketing so no worries there.

What really ticks me off about Apple is how they force you to do things their way while you're using their product. It's funny, because Apple products are created with the intent of being extremely simple to use, but I find myself, even as someone who has years of experience with computers, struggling to complete the most basic of tasks. When you purchase an Apple product, you're essentially being locked into a prison, where you're being told what to do. This applies to both the software and hardware sides of things. Has anyone here tried to repair a Macbook before, where all of the chips are hidden throughout the motherboard, where the more uncommon replacement parts are nearly impossible to find, and how Apple hides their schematics? How about an iPhone battery, where you literally have to use a suction cup to remove the screen to get to the battery? It is a living hell, made that way on purpose. It's just Apple trying to upsell their new products when they tell you your issue can't be repaired when it actually can.

Now, don't get me wrong: I'm not expecting as much freedom as Android (also including manufacturers of Android phones: I have never heard of a big Android smartphone brand that makes it so difficult to replace or repair parts) or Microsoft provides in their products, but a product that doesn't feel like a prison would be nice.

It's funny that the reasons you dislike Apple is probably the very same reasons why I like Apple products. 

I am personally not a very tech-savvy user. That Apple locks down their devices is fine by me because I don't see myself cracking open my Apple devices for repairs or upgrades. The one time my iMac developed screen problems, AppleCare took care of that problem handily, so I find that an acceptable tradeoff. 

Yes, Apple tends to force you into a specific way of doing things, but I accept it because Apple's way is usually better (or at least not inferior) to me cobbling together a solution from a myriad of 3rd party offerings. That's what I am paying for - for Apple to integrate their products and services together such that they "just work" so I don't have to test a dozen different products to see which work best together. I just buy the relevant Apple product, integrate it into my workflow and move on. 

I guess you don't miss what you don't need. :P 

56 minutes ago, Cosmopath said:

Okay, maybe it wasn't the best analogy. How about a Jaguar (a sports car with mediocre reliability) compared to a Corolla? That's probably better.

Again, I don't know much about cars, but what exactly are you comparing? Performance or longevity?

56 minutes ago, Cosmopath said:

They're constantly releasing unfinished products that will eventually be complete with either new updates or new products in general. It's like signing up for an early access game subconsciously. Not to mention, they've been stealing ideas from Microsoft, Google, Samsung and the likes for as long as I can remember. 

What company can attest to having released a finished product that didn't feel like it was flawed in some way? If you want to wait until you have ironed out every kink in a product before releasing it, then it will likely never get released, because there is always new tech coming out and some aspect which could be improved on. 

The way I see it, Apple simply chose to focus on a different aspect at the expense of other areas. In this case, the user experience in the form of a responsive touch interface. Or did we forget that Android was horrible on touchscreens in the beginning? 

18 hours ago, Dash Lambda said:

The only companies I can say I truly hate are ISP's. We all know why.

Yes.

Google, because of the sheer invasiveness of it. I use Google News and used Google Hangouts to talk to a friend about camera lenses and suddenly my news feed was filled with news about new camera lenses, so I mentioned in Hangouts "I think Hangouts is spying on me" and next time I looked at Google News, a suggested article was "Is Google Hangouts spying on you?". I am not comfortable with a company having that much "control" of the news I see.

I hate all tech companies because they all generate fanboys (or fangirls to m'ladies) who have no idea what they're talking about in their futile attempts to either ridicule the competition or to loyally defend their company despite absurd circumstances.

That and all Australian ISPs who charge ridiculously high amounts of money for shitty internet.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

First time posting here so it may of been said but my list goes 

1. Apple - They fell behind the curb a long time ago and are just cashing in on blind users. I have not seen innovation out of them since the iPad. 

2. Multichoice (Local netflix) - They are like the mafia, I hate them with a passion

3. EA Games - I need not say more

Acer because it's junk

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler

Microsoft:

1) their software is crap

2) they take ages to fix bugs

3) their settings/controls are convoluted and not user-friendly

4) they allow hardware vendors to inject bloatware into their OS - consumers get more than they pay for (and not in the good way)

ESXi SysAdmin

I have more cores/threads than you...and I use them all