What tech company do you hate the most? Why?

Go to solution Solved by Zentex,

Does EA count as a tech company?

1 hour ago, Prysin said:

Asus only makes good mobos that is where their QA is good.

Their GPU coolers are more expensive, noisier and less efficient then competing solutions with just as many fans.

Their monitors are overpriced for what they are in terms of specs and features

Their Laptops are very "up and down" in terms of assembly quality (lots of them gets a bit loose/creaking after a couple of years).

Their ODDs are outright terrible

Well I've never used any of these but I've seen some very positive feedback about their superclocked GPUs, which may suggest that their coolers are not that bad. Based on what you're saying, they're not really offering"bad" products, there are just some pricing issues.

7 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

Well I've never used any of these but I've seen some very positive feedback about their superclocked GPUs, which may suggest that their coolers are not that bad. Based on what you're saying, they're not really offering"bad" products, there are just some pricing issues.

Superclocked? Isn't that an EVGA thing?

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

4 hours ago, NinjaJc01 said:

Apple. Overpriced products, poor customer service, the fact it's very hard to change the battery on an iPhone yourself, I could go on.

I used to hate apple but now I'm getting an iPhone and I don't see how it's overpriced. A Galaxy S7 edge is the same price and it has no warranty.

2 minutes ago, TheMidnightNarwhal said:

I used to hate apple but now I'm getting an iPhone and I don't see how it's overpriced. A Galaxy S7 edge is the same price and it has no warranty.

Iphone is reasonably priced but anything with Mac---- in the name is

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

6 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

Superclocked? Isn't that an EVGA thing?

My bad. I was referring to their highly overclocked GPUs like their 750 Ti OC delivering a better performance than the other manufacturers'.

1 minute ago, IAmAndre said:

My bad. I was referring to their highly overclocked GPUs like their 750 Ti OC delivering a better performance than the other manufacturers'.

Fair enough.

By the way, "Delivering higher performance than the other manufacturers" is not a statement you want to make, especially not with computers.

Well, unless you're selling something, which I don't assume you are.

2 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

Fair enough.

By the way, "Delivering higher performance than the other manufacturers" is not a statement you want to make, especially not with computers.

Well, unless you're selling something, which I don't assume you are.

What do you mean? Do you need numbers or something?

10 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Iphone is reasonably priced but anything with Mac---- in the name is

Yes. The only thing I like about Apple is the iPhone. The computers are overpriced.

1 minute ago, IAmAndre said:

What do you mean? Do you need numbers or something?

No, just commenting on the blanket statement. You were saying their higher clocked cards, with the 750 ti as an example, deliver better performance than the vague "other" guys. That's only conditionally true.

Right now for me ASUS is pretty high on the list, sure they might be pretty good with some stuff, by this Zenfone 2 is absolute garbage. (Front camera isn't recognized as existing, screen turns itself on even when I turn it off, having the camera open for a minute or two causes it to heat up to 72c, I saw it at 81c earlier today because I forgot it open for a while, both sim card slots and the micro sd card slot died [which I managed to fix by ripping the phone apart], touch sensitivity is terrible, I'll be swiping my finger across the screen and it'll click multiple times throughout the swipe, or I'll click something and it won't recognize it, etc..)

Corsair's on the list as well, mainly because they fucking suck ass at creating software.

Acer's on there too because their build quality is some of the worst I've ever seen.

Not too sure on the overall most hated tech company for me though.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

3 hours ago, don_svetlio said:

Ashes
Hitman
Quantum Break
Fable
Tomb Raider 2016
Total War Warhammer

thing about those kind of games is that its usually lke a one time play bc their multiplayer isn't as good or non existent, so i don't rly care if they run dx12 or not, im not gonna be playing that everyday

1 minute ago, PeloyGeek said:

thing about those kind of games is that its usually lke a one time play bc their multiplayer isn't as good or non existent, so i don't rly care if they run dx12 or not, im not gonna be playing that everyday

Actually - 2 of them have pretty lively MP - namely Ashes and TW. Also, there are a dozen more DX12 games coming in 2016/2017

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

24 minutes ago, TheMidnightNarwhal said:

Yes. The only thing I like about Apple is the iPhone. The computers are overpriced.

honestly the macbook 15 inch is probably better than any computer Apple makes other than the Mac Pro. it's pretty damn powerful for an apple laptop. now if only they can lower that damn price.

2 hours ago, Clanscorpia said:

What wrong with the g402/g502?

to me, they just felt cheap and low quality, something like the g700, which was made during the time of the g27 and g25, felt much better. it just felt better in the hand, and it had macro keys, so it was useful there, and it was a wireless mouse (big bonus for me; i absolutely hate wired mice now) but it had a usb charging cable for it, so it can be used while charging, so it's a wired/wireless mouse. i'd like to see the g502 top that.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

3 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i'd like to see the g502 top that.

It's one of the best reviewed mice ever and thousands of people love it

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

1 minute ago, Clanscorpia said:

It's one of the best reviewed mice ever and thousands of people love it

but i'd much prefer the g700, created during logitech's prime. it's a much more practical mouse, it's cheaper, and it doesn't try too hard to look good with leds and crap.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

12 minutes ago, terrytek said:

but i'd much prefer the g700, created during logitech's prime. it's a much more practical mouse, it's cheaper, and it doesn't try too hard to look good with leds and crap.

But I want a good mouse that looks good too, the G502 is both of those. The RGB version  doesn't cost any more than the non-RGB version. I see no reason say that the G502 is a terrible mouse or that the G610 is a terrible keyboard. If Amazon reviews are anything to go by the G502 and G610 are both good products, and I think the new and old Logitech logo are just fine. Though I question relevancy in terms of the quality of their products. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

6 hours ago, NinjaJc01 said:

Apple. Overpriced products, poor customer service, the fact it's very hard to change the battery on an iPhone yourself, I could go on.

I've only ever had amazing customer support from Apple. Had a faulty iPhone 6 Plus, walked into the apple store and explained my problem, they gave me a brand new iPhone =)

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4.7GHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 | Motherboard: X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB | Case: NCase M1 v6.0 | SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB, 860 Evo 1TB | CPU Cooler: H100i ELITE CAPELLIX | MonitorsLG 27GN950-B 4K 165Hz |

I've probably posted this in this thread before, but why not.

Fractal.

Their cases are just ugly. They say "I needed a box to put parts in" nothing more. They aren't minimalist, they aren't "neat looking" they're lazy. They state "I don't give a shit what my rig looks like".

That might be fine for workplace PC's (although I don't see why that's necessary. Boring does not equal "professional looking", a term that society needs to drop all together. Your work should speak for itself) but for home builds it's just lazy and boring.

Note: I am not speaking to their functionality, which I also find to be piss poor, albeit based on the single Fractal case I've worked on. Which was my moms office PC. Please tell me why installing a full sized HDD prevents me from installing a 120mm fan in the front of the case? What jackass engineer thought that was acceptable?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

6 hours ago, Denboy_Kad said:

Which company and why?

Hate is such a strong word to use. Mine would be Apple though, just over-priced and their justification is simply elegant design.

Currently all of NVIDIA's AiB partners and some retailers.

"Oh, NVIDIA's shitty cooler is currently $100 above MSRP for some dumb reason? Wow, they gave us an easy way to legitimately screw consumers!"

NVIDIA made a stupid move with the Founders Edition, the partners are the assholes jacking up prices, and retailers a little more. At least EVGA offers a decent card close to MSRP and both EVGA and MSI offer a card even closer or at MSRP, but really, at $600, I expect a decent cooler on the card, these cheap, plastic blower coolers are dumb.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

All American Internet Service Providers that aren't Google Fiber.

I also hate Apple.

nVidia,

Intel (they fund Social Justice Warriors)

Beats (oh wait, that's Apple now)

Bose (don't really hate these guys all that much.)

YouTube (screw these guys.)

Razer

Alienware

HP

I'm sure there's more.

I used to be quite active here.