AMD Polaris 10 and Polaris 11 Specifications leak

Lawliet93

According to techpowerup, an industry insider told them the specs of the new AMD POLARIS GPUs.

POLARIS 10 should feature a TDP of less than 150W, one 6-pin power, 32 compute units and a total performance of 5,5TFLOP (the core clock should be around 1,342 GHz, if there are 64 stream-processors per CU).

POLARIS 11 should feature a TDP of 50w, PCI-E power only, 14 compute units and a total performance of 2,5TFLOP (and again, if there are 64 processors per CU, the core clock should be around 1,395GHz).

Source: http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/amd_polaris_10_and_polaris_11_specifications_leak/1

Edit

Guys... apparently, videocardz says, that those cards are mobile parts, so desktop parts should be clocked even higher (looking back at the core difference of the hd 7970m and the hd 7870, the difference was around 150MHz).

http://videocardz.com/59903/possible-polaris-10-and-polaris-11-specifications-emerge

Desktop parts should look like this:

R7 470/470x stream processors 896/1280.

R9 480/480x stream processors 2048/2340

There was always a difference in core clock between the full gpu and the cut-down version (remember the hd 7970 and 7950?). A full POLARIS 10 GPU should perform like this (if it is clocked at 1,4GHz) 2x 2340x1,4= 6,552TFLOP.

If it holds true Polaris 10 is right smack on with 290X compute performance which nails the VR recommended spec that they were aiming for

can wait for June/July )))

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

1 minute ago, DXMember said:

If it holds true Polaris 10 is right smack on with 290X compute performance which nails the VR recommended spec that they were aiming for

can wait for June/July )))

and if that comes at 249-299 USD, that is a DAAAAAAMN good deal

Saw this.

Honestly, i don't even know.

It seems the 1070 for $380 is going to be the most requested card of this year.

That said i'm still getting Polaris 10 because we already know it's doing roughly around Fury/Fury X level performance and it'll likely be at a much better price-point than the 1070.

"Polaris isn't meant to compete with Nvidia's high-end cards!"

It's not about what's meant, it's about what the market will be.

Polaris is going up against Pascal from consumers, whether it's liked or not.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

Just now, Prysin said:

what was that they said at CAPSAICIN?

increasing the total targetable market for VR with VR ready GPUs below $300 MSRP?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

2 minutes ago, DXMember said:

what was that they said at CAPSAICIN?

increasing the total targetable market for VR with VR ready GPUs below $300 MSRP?

To paraphrase, pretty much.  Affordable VR. 

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

3 minutes ago, Memories4K said:

Saw this.

Honestly, i don't even know.

It seems the 1070 for $380 is going to be the most requested card of this year.

That said i'm still getting Polaris 10 because we already know it's doing roughly around Fury/Fury X level performance and it'll likely be at a much better price-point than the 1070.

"Polaris isn't meant to compete with Nvidia's high-end cards!"

It's not about what's meant, it's about what the market will be.

Polaris is going up against Pascal from consumers, whether it's liked or not.

it will be around 390X performance. Not Fury or Fury X.

Vega (october release) is the REAL 390X/Fury/Fury X replacement.

So, if you're buying high end, go nVidia. If you're buying low end, buy AMD.

Seems simple enough, although Polaris 10 won't offer anything for people 970/290 up.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

More rumors to take with a grain of salt. Can't wait till all these cards launch so these rumors can end.  

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 minute ago, Prysin said:

There was a demo on Polaris 10 running Hitman on 1440p at a higher frame-rate than a Fury card, is why i say Fury/Fury X performance.

Let me find it and link.

Just now, Prysin said:

It would be paradise 390x and Below $300 price, but not sure how it will be in reality.

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

1 minute ago, Memories4K said:

There was a demo on Polaris 10 running Hitman on 1440p at a higher frame-rate than a Fury card, is why i say Fury/Fury X performance.

Let me find it and link.

AMD refused to disclose the settings used to achieve that.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

9 minutes ago, Prysin said:

Considering you could get an R9 290 for $250 a couple years ago, that's a damn terrible deal. But no worse than what Nvidia is offering.

3 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

AMD refused to disclose the settings used to achieve that.

Ultra settings.

There could be some slight tampering going on with clockspeed and drivers but so far i've not had much reason to worry.

@Prysin

1 minute ago, Prysin said:

I thought Vega was set to compete with the Pascal titan? Also, I thought 11 was set to be the 290x replacement and 10 was Fury X level. For some really bad napkin math that I have been going by, 390x is 275w TDP, 275/2.5 = 110, not 150. Did they ever actually confirm the 2.5x efficiency thing or was there just a cryptic tweet about the star being 2.5x brighter? I remember it being mentioned a lot, but no article actually confirming it.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

1 minute ago, Ryoutarou97 said:

I thought Vega was set to compete with the Pascal titan? Also, I thought 11 was set to be the 290x replacement and 10 was Fury X level. For some really bad napkin math that I have been going by, 390x is 275w TDP, 275/2.5 = 110, not 150. Did they ever actually confirm the 2.5x efficiency thing or was there just a cryptic tweet about the star being 2.5x brighter? I remember it being mentioned a lot, but no article actually confirming it.

Vega 10/11 = Fury X/Fury replacement, last i checked.

16 minutes ago, Lawliet93 said:

According to techpowerup, an industry insider told them the specs of the new AMD POLARIS GPUs.

POLARIS 10 should feature a TDP of less than 150W, one 6-pin power, 32 compute units and a total performance of 5,5TFLOP (the core clock should be around 1,342 GHz, if there are 64 stream-processors per CU).

POLARIS 11 should feature a TDP of 50w, PCI-E power only, 14 compute units and a total performance of 2,5TFLOP (and again, if there are 64 processors per CU, the core clock should be around 1,395GHz).

Source: http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/amd_polaris_10_and_polaris_11_specifications_leak/1

GUYS!!!! It looks like, those are only mobile parts and non-x ones at that.

R9 470/470x 896/1280 stream processors

R9 480/480x 2048/2304 stream processors 

Core clocks should be well over 1,4GHz.

http://videocardz.com/59903/possible-polaris-10-and-polaris-11-specifications-emerge

5 minutes ago, Memories4K said:

Ultra settings.

There could be some slight tampering going on but so far i've not had much reason to worry.

@Prysin

Here's what I saw:

/u/AMD_Robert - Can you tell us what setting Hitman was on during the Polaris 10 demo to clear things up?
permalinkparent

AMD_RobertTechnical Marketing 8 points 6 days ago
"No. Because that would allow others to accurately triangulate the performance of the product, and we are not yet ready to publish those details. We will, in time, when everything is ready."

6 minutes ago, ONOTech said:

The 1080 replaces the 980 and is clearly faster than the 980 Ti and Titan X. 

Replacement doesn't mean similar performance. Polaris could very well be as fast as a Fury or Fury X. 

Regardless, speculation is speculation. Best thing to do is wait

it is only faster in certain areas. In others it is equal to a 980 Ti.

For those who think the 1080 is flat out way way faster then a Titan X. It is not. It is only faster in niche cases, like compute heavy scenes. Because it has 40 SMMs (Nvidias ACEs) compared to the 24 found in the TItan X and the 20? found in the 980Ti

1 minute ago, VagabondWraith said:

Here's what I saw:

/u/AMD_Robert - Can you tell us what setting Hitman was on during the Polaris 10 demo to clear things up?
permalinkparent

AMD_RobertTechnical Marketing 8 points 6 days ago
"No. Because that would allow others to accurately triangulate the performance of the product, and we are not yet ready to publish those details. We will, in time, when everything is ready."

If that's the case then Overclock3D misreported and, yeah, might as well be ignored

4 minutes ago, Memories4K said:

If that's the case then Overclock3D misreported and, yeah, might as well be ignored

they not gonna tell. They pulled the same shit with the Fury X slides. They were using only settings that ran extremely well on their GCN hardware. Whilst lowering settings that were disadvantageous to GCN.

8 minutes ago, Prysin said:

For those who think the 1080 is flat out way way faster then a Titan X. It is not.

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/gtx_1080_overclocked_3dmark_performance_leaked/1

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

9 minutes ago, Prysin said:

For those who think the 1080 is flat out way way faster then a Titan X. It is not. It is only faster in niche cases, like compute heavy scenes. Because it has 40 SMMs (Nvidias ACEs) compared to the 24 found in the TItan X and the 20? found in the 980Ti

I would wait for actual, proper benchmarks to come out before making any claim about performance.