HOLY $H!T 22 Core Xeon CPUs

Can i trade myself for that?

Magical Pineapples

4 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Amazon: http://geni.us/2RlB
NCIX; http://bit.ly/279xXAD

Aw yeah man, we are doing this AGAIN! We got 2 of the new Intel Xeon 2699 v4 CPUs - let's see what they can do, shall we?

Or just buy car

Unsure what power supply to pick?

Check out my HTPC build.

Quote me/others so we can help you

Comic sans is the best font

1 hour ago, Imakuni said:

Inb4 giveaway of the old Xeons....

#ModLivesMatter

Was this released somewhere previously? I remember watching this already. If it was on Vessel, that would've been a long time ago. Only had the 1 year free subscription. 

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Did anyone else notice the intro logo doubles a frame or something in the beginning? 

Other than that, this my favourite series from the new LTT,  a wild camera in high quality. 

23 minutes ago, EarthboundHero said:

Was this released somewhere previously? I remember watching this already. If it was on Vessel, that would've been a long time ago. Only had the 1 year free subscription. 

It was released on Vessel on 19th April. No idea why its taken so long

How to create a strong password

Size does not matter; it's how you use it

We want a generation to generation comparison of the cores! 

Are Nvidia Shields (satelite boxes) the best solution for distributed gaming of that 10 Gamer Rig?  The following solutions are not streaming but actually 4k+USB over cat5e/6 solutions (not streaming):

Solution #1:

Just Add Power 4K Video (and USB2.0) Distribution Implementation

Solution #2:

Gefen (HDBaseT 2.0) Extender Implementation

(Still waiting for someone to make a Rack-mount HDBaseT 2.0 Matrix with USB 2.0 support)

I have never used these products but I am interested in a test of sorts!  Don't know how you could benchmark these but would be a fun comparison youtube video

What is the difference between the e5 Xeons and e7 Xeons? Why use e5 over e7? Thanks.

@nicklmg Just curious - What exactly is the point of the NCIX and Amazon links on this particular video? Lol

In my opinion it makes little sense to test games on such processors, it's well known 99% of games don't use more than 8 threads, the majority don't even use more than 6. Games could run even slower with these processors due to lower base frequencies of each core (so many cores need to fit into 95-120w tdp or however much is for this cpu) but turbo modes alleviate this issue.

This will slowly change with more games and game engines being tuned for PS4 and Xbox One and future Nintendo, which can all use the 8 cores in the custom AMD processors they're equipped with.

These processors are very much suited for rendering and database applications where you can have a huge amount of threads doing queries on databases.

Another optimum usage for such processors is software encoding to h264 (AVC) or h265 (HEVC).

For encoding with the open source x264 application (creating h264/AVC content), at 1080p more than about 12 threads won't bring you more benefits, in fact the quality of the encoding can even decrease ever so slightly if you add more threads. However, it is possible to start 3 or 4 encoders in parallel and assign specific cores/threads to each x264, saturating your two cpus constantly. Even when encoding 4K content, there's minimal gain to using more than 16 threads, because the encoder would still have to wait for some operations that have to executed in a serial manner, so some threads will wait for other things to finish. 

x265 (HEVC  encoder) can use more threads and even has options to select how many separate processors to use or to make it stick to a particular physical cpu but it still won't use lots of cores to the maximum, let's say 24-30 cores would be the max I would use. Due to some things like wavefront parallel processing  and other stuff, there's periods of time when threads wait for other threads to complete their work, so you don't have all those threads running at 100% all the time. Again, 2-3 encoders in parallel would do the best job.

8 hours ago, PTHD said:

What is the difference between the e5 Xeons and e7 Xeons? Why use e5 over e7? Thanks.

E5 are dual socket Xeons, E7 are four to eight socket Xeons I think.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

19 hours ago, Rune said:

@nicklmg Just curious - What exactly is the point of the NCIX and Amazon links on this particular video? Lol

Videos like this have significat longevity. Once anyone actually starts carrying the chips, they'll show up through those links, so people who watch down the line and may be looking to purchase them can find them here.

Unfortunately for now, there is not much point to them lol.