HOLY $H!T 22 Core Xeon CPUs

Completely irrelevant, but I have to ask

Why is Linus still wearing the Apple watch as shown in 1:24? I thought he denounced it a looong time ago

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

40 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Videos like this have significat longevity. Once anyone actually starts carrying the chips, they'll show up through those links, so people who watch down the line and may be looking to purchase them can find them here.

Unfortunately for now, there is not much point to them lol.

Ah, I was thinking that if anyone really was looking at spending multiple thousands of dollars on a processor they'd probably have made up their mind before seeing an LTT video and not needed the links :P

24 minutes ago, Fgtfv567 said:

Completely irrelevant, but I have to ask

Why is Linus still wearing the Apple watch as shown in 1:24? I thought he denounced it a looong time ago

iPhone SE review may have required it.

24 minutes ago, Rune said:

iPhone SE review may have required it.

Good point...

But I doubt it was required for the review

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

5 hours ago, Fgtfv567 said:

Good point...

But I doubt it was required for the review

This video is almost a month old, who knows when they actually recorded it. Could be he was still trying the Apple watch or that he wore it to test the ecosystem together with the iPhone SE.

~ Specs bellow ~

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit [UEFI]
CPU: Intel i7-5820k Haswell-E @ 4.5-4.7Ghz (1.366-1.431V) | CPU COOLER: Corsair H110 280mm AIO w/ 2x Noctua NF-A14 IPPC-2000 IP67 | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 32Gb (8x4Gb) DDR4 @ 2666mhz CL15 | MOBO: MSI X99S Gaming 7 ATX | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming (flashed "X") @ 2138-2151Mhz (locked 1.093V) | PSU: Corsair HX850i 850W 80+ Platinum | SSD's: Samsung Pro 950 256Gb & Samsung Evo 850 500Gb | HDD: WD Black Series 6Tb + 3Tb | AUDIO: Realtek ALC1150 HD Audio | CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 | MONITOR: LG 34UC79G 34" 2560x1080p @144hz & BenQ XL2411Z 24" 1080p @144hz | SPEAKERS: Logitech Z-5450 Digital 5.1 Speaker System | HEADSET: Sennheiser GSP 350 | KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe MX Cherry Red | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder Chroma | UPS: PowerWalker VI 2000 LCD

Mac Pro 2,1 (flashed) OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan 64-bit (NAS, Plex, HTTP Server, Game Servers) [R.I.P]
CPUs: 2x Intel Xeon X5365 @ 3.3Ghz (FSB OC) | RAM: OWC 16Gb (8x2Gb) ECC-FB DDR2 @ 1333mhz | GPU: AMD HD5870 (flashed) | HDDs: WD Black Series 3Tb, 2x WD Black Series 1Tb, WD Blue 2Tb | UPS: Fortron EP1000

21 hours ago, mariushm said:

Snip

So you're going to spend nearly 10 grand just on those cpus and show us how useless it is to test on games? Linus did it is, most of us will be curious on, how well it does in games. It's something 99.999999% can only dream of doing, even if it makes no sense. 

So stop nit picking.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

On 5/10/2016 at 0:08 PM, mariushm said:

In my opinion it makes little sense to test games on such processors

Right there. Your first line tells me you didn't even watch the video. Right after he runs Crysis he explains how obviously pointless it is to test games on it. You went a 500 word rant about something that Linus explained and summed up in the following 30 seconds after he finished playing Crysis.

Although very informative, thanks, I just wanted to point that out.

I did watch the whole video.

I just felt important to say my thoughts, because one or a couple of  simple sentences at the end of the video are often forgotten or ignored by most viewers.

Anyway, a video about encoding multiple video files in parallel would have been less exciting, the video would have less viewers, so I can understand the hype and the approach Linus took with the video, spending lots of time on silly test.

I just think more time should have been allocated to saying what the cpu is really best for ... but that would paint the cpu in a less positive way, and since Intel is heavy advertiser, giving the cpus for free and now the newer videos advertise the Intel Skull Canyon and before with the ad with "intel is bringing ddr4 to the masses" and so on...

On May 10, 2016 at 4:03 AM, PTHD said:

What is the difference between the e5 Xeons and e7 Xeons? Why use e5 over e7? Thanks.

E7 is supported in a quad-socket configuration I believe. 

ESXi SysAdmin

I have more cores/threads than you...and I use them all