You want a longer lasting phone battery? Too bad.

vanished

Even having the phone be really thin as a necesity is mostly a lie:

vs08-30_0642cxs.0.0.png

image_13644.jpg

The phone is not thin at all, yet it feels quite thin. Not only that but the fact that it has a curved back helps it pack a relatively large battery and it's actually easier to hold on your hand despite being a fairly sizeable phone (5.5 inch display)

Yet I can't kill it with a day of intensive use, literally hours of screen time and constant data and location streaming. Yet companies like Apple are not into giving you a product that makes sense for you but instead want one that makes sense for them meaning you'd need to buy one every other year.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Lol, fuck that shit,I ain't pay that shitload of moneh just to get a half assed battery!

Glad I bought the Huawei P8max and it can last longer than 2 days. It's also big and big is always fine.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

At the end of day I have roughly 70-80% battery left with my Lumia 950xl.

I am still happy I don't own an iPhone.

Apple IPhone now with more Hype and Less battery!  

Want more battery? Well screw you, just buy our unimaginably overpriced and fugly humped back battery case and slap it on. It will help you look cooler as well. xD

*edit

Nokia's 3310 would last me about 2 1/2 weeks one a charge, I miss that...:(

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

It is to the point I am just going to buy a LIPO battery and tape it to the back of my iPhone. 

ƆԀ S₱▓Ɇ▓cs: i7 6ʇɥפᴉƎ00K (4.4ghz), Asus DeLuxe X99A II, GT҉X҉1҉0҉8҉0 Zotac Amp ExTrꍟꎭe),Si6F4Gb D???????r PlatinUm, EVGA G2 Sǝʌǝᘉ5ᙣᙍᖇᓎᙎᗅᖶt, Phanteks Enthoo Primo, 3TB WD Black, 500gb 850 Evo, H100iGeeTeeX, Windows 10, K70 R̸̢̡̭͍͕̱̭̟̩̀̀̃́̃͒̈́̈́͑̑́̆͘͜ͅG̶̦̬͊́B̸͈̝̖͗̈́, G502, HyperX Cloud 2s, Asus MX34. פN∩SW∀S 960 EVO

Just keeping this here as a backup 9̵̨̢̨̧̧̡̧̡̧̡̧̡̡̢̢̡̢̧̡̢̡̡̢̧̛̛̛̛̛̛̱̖͈̠̝̯̹͉̝̞̩̠̹̺̰̺̲̳͈̞̻̜̫̹̱̗̣͙̻̘͎̲̝͙͍͔̯̲̟̞͚̖̘͉̭̰̣͎͕̼̼̜̼͕͎̣͇͓͓͎̼̺̯͈̤̝͖̩̭͍̣̱̞̬̺̯̼̤̲͎̖̠̟͍̘̭͔̟̗̙̗̗̤̦͍̫̬͔̦̳̗̳͔̞̼̝͍̝͈̻͇̭̠͈̳͍̫̮̥̭͍͔͈̠̹̼̬̰͈̤͚̖̯͍͉͖̥̹̺͕̲̥̤̺̹̹̪̺̺̭͕͓̟̳̹͍̖͎̣̫͓͍͈͕̳̹̙̰͉͙̝̜̠̥̝̲̮̬͕̰̹̳͕̰̲̣̯̫̮͙̹̮͙̮̝̣͇̺̺͇̺̺͈̳̜̣̙̻̣̜̻̦͚̹̩͓͚̖͍̥̟͍͎̦͙̫̜͔̭̥͈̬̝̺̩͙͙͉̻̰̬̗̣͖̦͎̥̜̬̹͓͈͙̤̜̗͔̩̖̳̫̑̀̂̽̈́̈́̿͒̿̋̊͌̾̄̄̒̌͐̽̿̊͑̑̆͗̈̎̄͒̑̋͛̑͑̂͑̀͐̀͑̓͊̇͆̿͑͛͛͆́͆̓̿̇̀̓͑͆͂̓̾̏͊̀̇̍̃́̒̎̀̒̄̓̒̐̑̊̏̌̽̓͂͋̓̐̓͊̌͋̀̐̇̌̓̔͊̈̇́̏͒̋͊̓̆̋̈̀̌̔͆͑̈̐̈̍̀̉̋̈́͊̽͂̿͌͊̆̾̉͐̿̓̄̾͑̈́͗͗̂̂́̇͂̀̈́́̽̈́̓̓͂̽̓̀̄͌̐̔̄̄͒͌̈́̅̉͊̂͒̀̈́̌͂̽̀̑̏̽̀͑̐̐͋̀̀͋̓̅͋͗̍́͗̈́̆̏̇͊̌̏̔̑̐̈́͑̎͑͆̏̎́̑̍̏̒̌̊͘͘̚̕̚̕̕̚̕̚̕̕͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͠͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅ8̵̨̛̛̛̛̮͍͕̥͉̦̥̱̞̜̫̘̤̖̬͍͇͓̜̻̪̤̣̣̹̑͑̏̈́̐̐́̎͒̔͒̌̑̓̆̓͑̉̈́́͋̌͋͐͛͋̃̍̽̊͗͋͊̂̅͊͑́͋͛̉̏̓͌̾̈́̀͛͊̾͑̌̀̀̌̓̏̑́̄̉̌͂́͛̋͊̄͐͊̈́̀̌̆̎̿̓̔̍̎̀̍̚̕̕͘͘͘̕̚͝͝͠͠͠0̶̡̡̡̢̨̨͕̠̠͉̺̻̯̱̘͇̥͎͖̯͕̖̬̭͔̪̪͎̺̠̤̬̬̤̣̭̣͍̥̱̘̳̣̤͚̭̥͚̦͙̱̦͕̼͖͙͕͇̭͓͉͎̹̣̣͕̜͍͖̳̭͕̼̳̖̩͍͔̱̙̠̝̺̰̦̱̿̄̀͐͜͜ͅͅt̶̡̨̡̨̧̢̧̢̨̧̧̧̧̢̡̨̨̢̨̢̧̢̛̛̛̛̛̠͍̞̮͇̪͉̩̗̗͖̫͉͎͓̮̣̘̫͔̘̬̮̙̯̣͕͓̲̣͓͓̣̹̟͈̱͚̘̼̙̖̖̼̙̜̝͙̣̠̪̲̞̖̠̯̖̠̜̱͉̲̺͙̤̻̦̜͎̙̳̺̭̪̱͓̦̹̺͙̫̖̖̰̣͈͍̜̺̘͕̬̥͇̗̖̺̣̲̫̟̣̜̭̟̱̳̳̖͖͇̹̯̜̹͙̻̥̙͉͕̜͎͕̦͕̱͖͉̜̹̱̦͔͎̲̦͔̖̘̫̻̹̮̗̮̜̰͇̰͔̱͙̞̠͍͉͕̳͍̰̠̗̠̯̜̩͓̭̺̦̲̲͖̯̩̲̣̠͉̦̬͓̠̜̲͍̘͇̳̳͔̼̣͚̙͙͚͕̙̘̣̠͍̟̪̝̲͇͚̦̖͕̰̟̪͖̳̲͉͙̰̭̼̩̟̝̣̝̬̳͎̙̱͒̃̈͊̔͒͗̐̄̌͐͆̍͂̃̈́̾͗̅̐͒̓̆͛̂̾͋̍͂̂̄̇̿̈͌̅̈́̃̾̔̇̇̾̀͊͋̋̌̄͌͆͆̎̓̈́̾̊͊̇̌̔̈́̈́̀̐͊̊̍͑̊̈̓͑̀́̅̀̑̈́̽̃̽͛̇́̐̓̀͆̔̈̀̍̏̆̓̆͒̋́̋̍́̂̉͛̓̓̂̋̎́̒̏̈͋̃̽͆̓̀̔͑̈́̓͌͑̅̽́̐̍̉̑̓̈́͌̋̈́͂̊́͆͂̇̈́̔̃͌̅̈́͌͛̑̐̓̔̈́̀͊͛̐̾͐̔̾̈̃̈̄͑̓̋̇̉̉̚̕̚͘̕̚̚̕̕͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͠ͅͅͅͅͅi̵̢̧̢̧̡̧̢̢̧̢̢̢̡̡̡̧̧̡̡̧̛̛͈̺̲̫͕̞͓̥̖̭̜̫͉̻̗̭̖͔̮̠͇̩̹̱͈̗̭͈̤̠̮͙͇̲͙̰̳̹̲͙̜̟͚͎͓̦̫͚̻̟̰̣̲̺̦̫͓̖̯̝̬͉̯͓͈̫̭̜̱̞̹̪͔̤̜͙͓̗̗̻̟͎͇̺̘̯̲̝̫͚̰̹̫̗̳̣͙̮̱̲͕̺̠͉̫̖̟͖̦͉̟͈̭̣̹̱̖̗̺̘̦̠̯̲͔̘̱̣͙̩̻̰̠͓͙̰̺̠̖̟̗̖͉̞̣̥̝̤̫̫̜͕̻͉̺͚̣̝̥͇̭͎̖̦̙̲͈̲̠̹̼͎͕̩͓̖̥̘̱̜͙̹̝͔̭̣̮̗̞̩̣̬̯̜̻̯̩̮̩̹̻̯̬̖͂̈͂̒̇͗͑̐̌̎̑̽̑̈̈́͑̽́̊͋̿͊͋̅̐̈́͑̇̿̈́̌͌̊̅͂̎͆̏̓͂̈̿̏̃͑̏̓͆̔̋̎̕͘͘͘͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͠͠ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅZ̴̧̢̨̢̧̢̢̡̧̢̢̢̨̨̨̡̨̧̢̧̛̛̬̖͈̮̝̭̖͖̗̹̣̼̼̘̘̫̠̭̞͙͔͙̜̠̗̪̠̼̫̻͓̳̟̲̳̻̙̼͇̺͎̘̹̼͔̺̹̬̯̤̮̟͈̭̻͚̣̲͔͙̥͕̣̻̰͈̼̱̺̤̤͉̙̦̩̗͎̞͓̭̞̗͉̳̭̭̺̹̹̮͕̘̪̞̱̥͈̹̳͇̟̹̱̙͚̯̮̳̤͍̪̞̦̳̦͍̲̥̳͇̪̬̰̠͙͕̖̝̫̩̯̱̘͓͎̪͈̤̜͎̱̹̹̱̲̻͎̖̳͚̭̪̦̗̬͍̯̘̣̩̬͖̝̹̣̗̭͖̜͕̼̼̲̭͕͔̩͓̞̝͓͍̗̙̯͔̯̞̝̳̜̜͉̖̩͇̩̘̪̥̱͓̭͎͖̱̙̩̜͎̙͉̟͎͔̝̥͕͍͓̹̮̦̫͚̠̯͓̱͖͔͓̤͉̠͙̋͐̀͌̈́͆̾͆̑̔͂͒̀̊̀͋͑̂͊̅͐̿́̈́̐̀̏̋̃̄͆͒̈́̿̎́́̈̀̀͌̔͋͊̊̉̿͗͊͑̔͐̇͆͛̂̐͊̉̄̈́̄̐͂͂͒͑͗̓͑̓̾̑͋̒͐͑̾͂̎̋̃̽̂̅̇̿̍̈́́̄̍͂͑̏̐̾̎̆̉̾͂̽̈̆̔́͋͗̓̑̕͘̕͘͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͝͠͠͝ͅo̶̪͆́̀͂̂́̄̅͂̿͛̈́̿͊͗́͘͝t̴̡̨̧̨̧̡̧̨̡̢̧̢̡̨̛̪͈̣̭̺̱̪̹̺̣̬̖̣̻͈̞̙͇̩̻̫͈̝̭̟͎̻̟̻̝̱͔̝̼͍̞̼̣̘̤̯͓͉̖̠̤͔̜̙͚͓̻͓̬͓̻̜̯̱̖̳̱̗̠̝̥̩͓̗̪̙͓̖̠͎̗͎̱̮̯̮͙̩̫̹̹̖͙̙͖̻͈̙̻͇͔̙̣̱͔̜̣̭̱͈͕̠̹͙̹͇̻̼͎͍̥̘͙̘̤̜͎̟͖̹̦̺̤͍̣̼̻̱̲͎̗̹͉͙̪̞̻̹͚̰̻͈͈͊̈́̽̀̎̃̊́̈́̏̃̍̉̇̑̂̇̏̀͊̑̓͛̽͋̈́͆́̊͊̍͌̈́̓͊̌̿̂̾̐͑̓̀́͒̃̋̓͆̇̀͊̆͗̂͑͐̀͗̅̆͘̕͘̕̕͜͜͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅḁ̶̢̡̨̧̡̡̨̨̧̨̡̡̢̧̨̡̡̛̛̛͍̱̳͚͕̩͍̺̪̻̫̙͈̬͙̖͙̬͍̬̟̣̝̲̼̜̼̺͎̥̮̝͙̪̘̙̻͖͇͚͙̣̬̖̲̲̥̯̦̗̰̙̗̪̞̗̩̻̪̤̣̜̳̩̦̻͓̞̙͍͙̫̩̹̥͚̻̦̗̰̲̙̫̬̱̺̞̟̻͓̞͚̦̘̝̤͎̤̜̜̥̗̱͈̣̻̰̮̼̙͚͚̠͚̲̤͔̰̭̙̳͍̭͎̙͚͍̟̺͎̝͓̹̰̟͈͈̖̺͙̩̯͔̙̭̟̞̟̼̮̦̜̳͕̞̼͈̜͍̮͕̜͚̝̦̞̥̜̥̗̠̦͇͖̳͈̜̮̣͚̲̟͙̎̈́́͊̔̑̽̅͐͐͆̀͐́̓̅̈͑͑̍̿̏́͆͌̋̌̃̒̽̀̋̀̃̏̌́͂̿̃̎̐͊̒̀̊̅͒̎͆̿̈́̑̐̒̀̈́̓̾͋͆̇̋͒̎̈̄̓̂͊̆͂̈́̒̎͐̇̍̆̋̅̿̔͒̄̇̂̋̈́͆̎̔̇͊̊̈́̔̏͋́̀͂̈́̊͋͂̍̾̓͛̇̔̚͘̚̕̚͘͘̕̕̕̚͘͘̚̕̚̕͜͜͜͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅç̵̧̢̨̢̢̢̧̧̡̨̡̢̧̧̧̨̡̡̨̨̢̢̢̧̨̢̨̢̛̛͉̗̠͇̹̖̝͕͚͎̟̻͓̳̰̻̺̞̣͚̤͙͍͇̗̼͖͔͕͙͖̺͙̖̹̘̘̺͓̜͍̣̰̗̖̺̗̪̘̯̘͚̲͚̲̬̞̹̹͕̭͔̳̘̝̬͉̗̪͉͕̞̫͔̭̭̜͉͔̬̫͙̖̙͚͔͙͚͍̲̘͚̪̗̞̣̞̲͎͔͖̺͍͎̝͎͍̣͍̩̟͈͕̗͉̪̯͉͎͖͍̖͎̖̯̲̘̦̟̭͍͚͓͈͙̬͖̘̱̝̜̘̹̩̝̥̜͎̬͓̬͙͍͇͚̟̫͇̬̲̥̘̞̘̟̘̝̫͈̙̻͇͎̣̪̪̠̲͓͉͙͚̭̪͇̯̠̯̠͖̞̜͓̲͎͇̼̱̦͍͉͈͕͉̗̟̖̗̱̭͚͎̘͓̬͍̱͍̖̯̜̗̹̰̲̩̪͍̞̜̫̩̠͔̻̫͍͇͕̰̰̘͚͈̠̻̮͊̐̿̏̐̀̇̑̐̈͛͑͑̍̑̔̃̈́̓̈́̇̐͑̐̊̆͂̀̏͛̊̔̍̽͗͋̊̍̓̈́̏̅͌̀̽́̑͒͒̓͗̈́̎͌͂̕̚͘͘͜͜͜͜͜͠͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅS̵̡̡̧̧̨̨̡̢̡̡̡̡̧̧̡̧̢̫̯͔̼̲͉͙̱̮̭̗͖̯̤͙̜͚̰̮̝͚̥̜̞̠̤̺̝͇̻̱͙̩̲̺͍̳̤̺̖̝̳̪̻̗̮̪̖̺̹̭͍͇̗̝̱̻̳̝̖̝͎̙͉̞̱̯̙̜͇̯̻̞̱̭̗͉̰̮̞͍̫̺͙͎̙̞̯̟͓͉̹̲͖͎̼̫̩̱͇̲͓̪͉̺̞̻͎̤̥̭̺̘̻̥͇̤̖̰̘̭̳̫̙̤̻͇̪̦̭̱͎̥̟͖͕̣̤̩̟̲̭̹̦̹̣͖̖͒̈́̈́̓͗̈̄͂̈́̅̐̐̿̎̂͗̎̿̕͘͜͜͜͜͝͝ͅͅt̸̡̡̧̧̨̡̢̛̥̥̭͍̗͈̩͕͔͔̞̟͍̭͇̙̺̤͚͎͈͎͕̱͈̦͍͔͓̬͚̗̰̦͓̭̰̭̎̀̂̈́̓̒̈́̈́̂̄̋́̇̂͐͒̋̋̉͐̉̏̇͋̓̈́͐̾͋̒͒͐̊̊̀̄͆̄͆̑͆̇̊̓̚̚̕̚̕͜͠͝͝ͅͅơ̵̡̨̡̡̡̨̛̺͕̼͔̼̪̳͖͓̠̘̘̳̼͚͙͙͚̰͚͚͖̥̦̥̘̖̜̰͔̠͕̦͎̞̮͚͕͍̤̠̦͍̥̝̰̖̳̫̮̪͇̤̱̜͙͔̯͙̙̼͇̹̥̜͈̲̺̝̻̮̬̼̫̞̗̣̪̱͓̺̜̠͇͚͓̳̹̥̳̠͍̫͈̟͈̘̯̬̞͔̝͍͍̥̒̐͗͒͂͆̑̀̿̏́̀͑͗̐́̀̾̓́̌̇̒̈́̌̓͐̃̈́̒̂̀̾͂̊̀̂͐̃̄̓̔̽̒̈́̇̓͌̇̂̆̒̏̊̋͊͛͌̊̇̒̅͌̄̎̔̈́͊́̽̋̈̇̈́́͊̅͂̎̃͌͊͛͂̄̽̈́̿͐̉̽̿́́̉͆̈́̒́̂̾̄̇̌̒̈̅̍̿̐͑̓͊̈́̈̋̈́̉̍̋̊̈̀̈́̾̿̌̀̈́͌̑̍́̋̒̀̂̈́́̾̏̐̅̈̑͗͐̈͂̄̾̄̈́̍̉͑͛͗͋̈́̃̄̊́́͐̀̀̽̇̓̄̓̃͋͋̂̽̔̀̎͌̈́̈́̑̓̔̀̓͐͛͆̿̋͑͛̈́͂̅̋̅͆͗̇́̀̒́̏͒̐̍͂̓͐͐̇̂̉̑̊͑̉̋̍͊̄̀͂̎͒̔͊̃̏̕̚̕̕͘͘͘̚͘̚͘̕͘̚͘̚̚̚̕͘͜͜͜͝͝͠͠͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅc̴̨̡̢̢̢̡̡̢̛̛̛̻͇̝̣͉͚͎͕̻̦͖̤̖͇̪̩̤̻̭̮̙̰̖̰̳̪̱̹̳̬͖̣͙̼̙̰̻̘͇͚̺̗̩̫̞̳̼̤͔͍͉̟͕̯̺͈̤̰̹̍̋́͆̾̆̊͆͋̀͑͒̄̿̄̀̂͋̊͆́͑̑̽͊̓́̔̽̌͊̄͑͒͐̑͗̿̃̀̓̅́̿͗̈́͌̋̀̏̂͌̓́̇̀͒͋̌̌̅͋͌̆͐̀̔̒͐̊̇̿̽̀̈́̃̒̋̀̈́̃̏̂̊͗̑̊̈̇̀̌͐̈́̉̂̏͊̄͐̈̽͒̏̒̓́̌̓̅́̓̃͐͊͒̄͑̒͌̍̈́̕͘̚͘̕͘̚̕͜͝͠͝͝͝ͅǩ̴̢̢̢̧̨̢̢̢̨̨̨̢̢̢̨̧̨̡̡̢̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̜̥̩̙͕̮̪̻͈̘̯̼̰̜͚̰͖̬̳͖̣̭̼͔̲͉̭̺͚̺̟͉̝̱̲͎͉̙̥̤͚͙̬̪̜̺͙͍̱̞̭̬̩̖̤̹̤̺̦͈̰̗̰͍͇̱̤̬̬͙̙̲̙̜͖͓̙̟̙̯̪͍̺̥͔͕̝̳̹̻͇̠̣͈̰̦͓͕̩͇͈͇̖͙͍̰̲̤̞͎̟̝̝͈͖͔͖̦̮̗̬̞̞̜̬̠̹̣̣̲̮̞̤̜̤̲̙͔͕̯͔͍̤͕̣͔͙̪̫̝̣̰̬̬̭̞͔̦̟̥̣̻͉͈̮̥̦̮̦͕̤͇̺͆͆̈͗̄̀̌̔̈́̈̉̾̊̐̆̂͛̀̋́̏̀̿͒̓̈́̈́͂̽̾͗͊̋̐̓̓̀̃̊̊͑̓̈̎̇͑̆̂̉̾̾̑͊̉̃́̑͌̀̌̐̅̃̿̆̎̈́̀̒́͛̓̀̊́̋͛͒͊̆̀̃̊͋̋̾̇̒̋͂̏͗͆̂̔́̐̀́͗̅̈̋̂̎̒͊̌̉̈̈́͌̈́̔̾̊̎́͐͒̋̽̽́̾̿̚̕͘͘̚̕̕̕̚̚̕̚̕͘͜͜͜͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅB̸̢̧̨̡̢̧̨̡̡̨̡̨̡̡̡̢̨̢̨̛̛̛̛̛̛͉̞͚̰̭̲͈͎͕͈̦͍͈̮̪̤̻̻͉̫̱͔̞̫̦̰͈̗̯̜̩̪̲̻̖̳͖̦͎͔̮̺̬̬̼̦̠̪̤͙͍͓̜̥̙̖̫̻̜͍̻̙̖̜̹͔̗̪̜̖̼̞̣̠̫͉̯̮̤͈͎̝̪͎͇͙̦̥͙̳̫̰̪̣̱̘̤̭̱͍̦͔̖͎̺̝̰̦̱̣͙̙̤͚̲͔̘̱̜̻͔̥̻͖̭͔̜͉̺͕͙͖̜͉͕̤͚̠̩̮̟͚̗͈͙̟̞̮̬̺̻̞͔̥͉͍̦̤͓̦̻̦̯̟̰̭̝̘̩̖̝͔̳͉̗̖̱̩̩̟͙͙͛̀͐̈́̂̇͛̅̒̉̏̈́̿͐́̏̃̏̓̌̽͐̈́͛̍͗͆͛̋̔̉͂̔̂̓̌͌͋̂͆̉͑̊̎́̈́̈̂͆͑́̃̍̇̿̅̾́́̿̅̾̆̅̈́̈̓͒͌͛̃͆̋͂̏̓̅̀͂̽̂̈̈́̎̾̐͋͑̅̍̈́̑̅̄͆̓̾̈́͐̎̊͐̌̌̓͊̊̔̈́̃͗̓͊͐̌͆̓͗̓̓̾̂̽͊͗́́́̽͊͆͋͊̀̑̿̔͒̏̈́́̏͆̈́͋̒͗͂̄̇̒͐̃͑̅̍͒̎̈́̌̋́̓͂̀̇͛̋͊͆̈́̋́̍̃͒̆̕̚̚̕̕̕͘̕̚̚͘̕͜͜͜͜͝͠͠͝͠͝͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅI̵̡̢̧̨̡̢̨̡̡̢̡̧̡̢̢̢̡̢̛̛͕͎͕̩̠̹̩̺̣̳̱͈̻̮̺̟̘̩̻̫͖̟͓̩̜̙͓͇̙̱̭̰̻̫̥̗̠͍͍͚̞̘̫͉̬̫̖̖̦͖͉̖̩̩̖̤̺̥̻̝͈͎̻͓̟̹͍̲͚͙̹̟̟̯͚̳̟͕̮̻̟͈͇̩̝̼̭̯͚͕̬͇̲̲̯̰̖̙̣̝͇̠̞̙͖͎̮̬̳̥̣̺̰͔̳̳̝̩̤̦̳̞̰̩̫̟͚̱̪̘͕̫̼͉̹̹̟̮̱̤̜͚̝̠̤̖̮̯̳͖̗̹̞̜̹̭̿̏͋̒͆̔̄̃̾̓͛̾̌́̅̂͆̔͌͆͋̔̾́̈̇̐̄̑̓̂̾́̄̿̓̅̆͌̉̎̏̄͛̉͆̓̎͒͘̕̕͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͠ͅͅƠ̷̢̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̟̰͔͔͇̲̰̮̘̭̭̖̥̟̘̠̬̺̪͇̲͋͂̅̈́̍͂̽͗̾͒̇̇̒͐̍̽͊́̑̇̑̾̉̓̈̾͒̍̌̅̒̾̈́̆͌̌̾̎̽̐̅̏́̈̔͛̀̋̃͊̒̓͗͒̑͒̃͂̌̄̇̑̇͛̆̾͛̒̇̍̒̓̀̈́̄̐͂̍͊͗̎̔͌͛̂̏̉̊̎͗͊͒̂̈̽̊́̔̊̃͑̈́̑̌̋̓̅̔́́͒̄̈́̈̂͐̈̅̈̓͌̓͊́̆͌̉͐̊̉͛̓̏̓̅̈́͂̉̒̇̉̆̀̍̄̇͆͛̏̉̑̃̓͂́͋̃̆̒͋̓͊̄́̓̕̕̕̚͘͘͘̚̕̚͘̕̕͜͜͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͠ͅS̷̢̨̧̢̡̨̢̨̢̨̧̧̨̧͚̱̪͇̱̮̪̮̦̝͖̜͙̘̪̘̟̱͇͎̻̪͚̩͍̠̹̮͚̦̝̤͖̙͔͚̙̺̩̥̻͈̺̦͕͈̹̳̖͓̜͚̜̭͉͇͖̟͔͕̹̯̬͍̱̫̮͓̙͇̗̙̼͚̪͇̦̗̜̼̠͈̩̠͉͉̘̱̯̪̟͕̘͖̝͇̼͕̳̻̜͖̜͇̣̠̹̬̗̝͓̖͚̺̫͛̉̅̐̕͘͜͜͜͜ͅͅͅ.̶̨̢̢̨̢̨̢̛̻͙̜̼̮̝̙̣̘̗̪̜̬̳̫̙̮̣̹̥̲̥͇͈̮̟͉̰̮̪̲̗̳̰̫̙͍̦̘̠̗̥̮̹̤̼̼̩͕͉͕͇͙̯̫̩̦̟̦̹͈͔̱̝͈̤͓̻̟̮̱͖̟̹̝͉̰͊̓̏̇͂̅̀̌͑̿͆̿̿͗̽̌̈́̉̂̀̒̊̿͆̃̄͑͆̃̇͒̀͐̍̅̃̍̈́̃̕͘͜͜͝͠͠z̴̢̢̡̧̢̢̧̢̨̡̨̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̲͚̠̜̮̠̜̞̤̺͈̘͍̻̫͖̣̥̗̙̳͓͙̫̫͖͍͇̬̲̳̭̘̮̤̬̖̼͎̬̯̼̮͔̭̠͎͓̼̖̟͈͓̦̩̦̳̙̮̗̮̩͙͓̮̰̜͎̺̞̝̪͎̯̜͈͇̪̙͎̩͖̭̟͎̲̩͔͓͈͌́̿͐̍̓͗͑̒̈́̎͂̋͂̀͂̑͂͊͆̍͛̄̃͌͗̌́̈̊́́̅͗̉͛͌͋̂̋̇̅̔̇͊͑͆̐̇͊͋̄̈́͆̍̋̏͑̓̈́̏̀͒̂̔̄̅̇̌̀̈́̿̽̋͐̾̆͆͆̈̌̿̈́̎͌̊̓̒͐̾̇̈́̍͛̅͌̽́̏͆̉́̉̓̅́͂͛̄̆͌̈́̇͐̒̿̾͌͊͗̀͑̃̊̓̈̈́̊͒̒̏̿́͑̄̑͋̀̽̀̔̀̎̄͑̌̔́̉̐͛̓̐̅́̒̎̈͆̀̍̾̀͂̄̈́̈́̈́̑̏̈́̐̽̐́̏̂̐̔̓̉̈́͂̕̚̕͘͘̚͘̚̕̚̚̚͘̕̕̕͜͜͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅī̸̧̧̧̡̨̨̢̨̛̛̘͓̼̰̰̮̗̰͚̙̥̣͍̦̺͈̣̻͇̱͔̰͈͓͖͈̻̲̫̪̲͈̜̲̬̖̻̰̦̰͙̤̘̝̦̟͈̭̱̮̠͍̖̲͉̫͔͖͔͈̻̖̝͎̖͕͔̣͈̤̗̱̀̅̃̈́͌̿̏͋̊̇̂̀̀̒̉̄̈́͋͌̽́̈́̓̑̈̀̍͗͜͜͠͠ͅp̴̢̢̧̨̡̡̨̢̨̢̢̢̨̡̛̛͕̩͕̟̫̝͈̖̟̣̲̖̭̙͇̟̗͖͎̹͇̘̰̗̝̹̤̺͉͎̙̝̟͙͚̦͚͖̜̫̰͖̼̤̥̤̹̖͉͚̺̥̮̮̫͖͍̼̰̭̤̲͔̩̯̣͖̻͇̞̳̬͉̣̖̥̣͓̤͔̪̙͎̰̬͚̣̭̞̬͎̼͉͓̮͙͕̗̦̞̥̮̘̻͎̭̼͚͎͈͇̥̗͖̫̮̤̦͙̭͎̝͖̣̰̱̩͎̩͎̘͇̟̠̱̬͈̗͍̦̘̱̰̤̱̘̫̫̮̥͕͉̥̜̯͖̖͍̮̼̲͓̤̮͈̤͓̭̝̟̲̲̳̟̠͉̙̻͕͙̞͔̖͈̱̞͓͔̬̮͎̙̭͎̩̟̖͚̆͐̅͆̿͐̄̓̀̇̂̊̃̂̄̊̀͐̍̌̅͌̆͊̆̓́̄́̃̆͗͊́̓̀͑͐̐̇͐̍́̓̈́̓̑̈̈́̽͂́̑͒͐͋̊͊̇̇̆̑̃̈́̎͛̎̓͊͛̐̾́̀͌̐̈́͛̃̂̈̿̽̇̋̍͒̍͗̈͘̚̚͘̚͘͘͜͜͜͜͜͜͠͠͝͝ͅͅͅ☻♥■∞{╚mYÄÜXτ╕○\╚Θº£¥ΘBM@Q05♠{{↨↨▬§¶‼↕◄►☼1♦  wumbo╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ

3 hours ago, shdowhunt60 said:

This is why I love my Moga Power Pro. Not only do I have a controller to circumvent shitty touchscreen controls while I'm gaming, it also doubles as a "make my phone's battery life not shit" device as well!

I used to own the very first Moga. It was a complete crap.

1) Compatibility was terrible between games.

2) Luggaging that controller in your pocket was annoying.

3) Pairing the controller took up to 5-10 minutes nullifying the OTG part.

4) The controller always disconnected despite me having new batteries.

5) Everything else.

6) Didn't solve the hardware limitations. Phones would heat up like crap. Bluetooth would drain your battery. The games were almost always crap and freemiums.

Wasn't worth the £60 I paid, including import taxes which GameStop were kind enough to not warn me about.

You can't really charge your phone while gaming because the MOGAs battery would be small anyways and would mean that if you accidentally charge your phone with all of the MOGAs power, you can't use your controller until you got home.

I saved myself time, money and effort by just buying a 3ds xl. Mobile gaming will never surpass Vitas and 3ds'. Maybe in market share, but that's just because practically everyone has a phone and the games are quick and easy to access. But mobile games are terrible.

Minus some games like KOTOR which are PC games anyways.

5 hours ago, dizmo said:

I'm going to play devils advocate here, but he's right. I mean I'm all for better battery life. But I'm not willing to carry around a huge brick of a phone to get it, especially since I'd have to run a case which makes it even thicker.

The max I'd accept is around 10mm. Not 16mm+. Back in the day when the phones were small it was fine, but not with the behemoths they're coming out with now.

There are other ways to get better battery life. There's screen tech that will double what we currently have. Look what Samsung did with the S7 Edge. Slightly thicker, much larger battery.

I think universal, fast wireless charging is a better way to go. If I could charge the battery in a few minutes while I wait in line for coffee, for instance.

Just use 1080p instead of 1440p. That would help battery life tremendously. No 4K or 1440p. Otherwise they're will be shitty battery life.

And then make sure the battery is sizable so maybe 3000mAh.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 hour ago, mate_mate91 said:

I like thin phones too, but if this means that it will need to be charged twice a day, no thanks. Sweet spot for thickness is like 6-8 mm, for screen  size 4.8-5.2 inches, without big bezels like sony has :P

Actually we still can improve battery life by making more efficient RAM, CPU, GPU. We do not need that kind of power todays flagships have. If their screen was 1080p, there would not be the need for faster CPUs and GPUs. If S7 had 1080p screen It would have been  more efficient. Also bloatware that comes with samsungs, sonys, LGs and others phones eats up battery. HTC does really good job at it. It's sense UI is pretty much fast and efficient.

And battery.... We need new battery technology! That keeps more juice in it, lasts longer (i mean charge cycles) and charges faster.

I miss my nokia, i had to charge it once a week :(

My phone has a 720p display and that's more than enough. People who want 4k or even anything higher than 1080p are bloody stupid. In my respectful view.

I would ideally like a 1080p display, but that is only so that I can watch educational coding videos at a proper PC resolution.

Gaming, movies and TV shows don't even belong on phones.

You want that stuff, buy a tablet.

Funny thing is most consumers never even demanded these gimmicks like 4k displays. Advertisers and companies literally told you "you want this" and sheeple replied "yeah".

*Rumbles* Oh crap not again...wake_up_sheeple.png

i guess they forgot that the s7 edge has a 3600 mah battery, which mind you is bigger than the nexus 6p's battery. and yet the s7 edge manages to be quite light and thin. i've already looked at user input over at XDA regarding the s7 edge's battery and they're getting some pretty great numbers, in some cases better than the nexus 6p. i can only guess it's the display

Well there's that fugly octagonal phone that tried with its 10K mAh battery, but it will fail because of looking like a toy for gaming babbies and not because of its battery. But the "analysts" (aka. liars and shitmongers) will take it as another argument against battery life.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

7 hours ago, dizmo said:

I'm going to play devils advocate here, but he's right. I mean I'm all for better battery life. But I'm not willing to carry around a huge brick of a phone to get it, especially since I'd have to run a case which makes it even thicker.

The max I'd accept is around 10mm. Not 16mm+. Back in the day when the phones were small it was fine, but not with the behemoths they're coming out with now.

There are other ways to get better battery life. There's screen tech that will double what we currently have. Look what Samsung did with the S7 Edge. Slightly thicker, much larger battery.

I think universal, fast wireless charging is a better way to go. If I could charge the battery in a few minutes while I wait in line for coffee, for instance.

Damn, you stole my S7 argument. 

Samsung made the phone just a wee bit thicker, and packed a great battery that can get you through a whole day, even with heavier usage. Apple, leaders of making things thinner, made the 6s a hair thicker than the 6, and not a lot of people noticed!

However, I've never seen anyone anywhere complain about a phone getting thicker, hell I've never even heard anyone say that they want a thinner phone

7 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Exactly - where they are getting this nonsense I have no idea.  I'm with the rest of you that I'd like more battery life even if it is a little thicker

That'd be something interesting to read/watch. "Who tells phone makers to make their phones thinner. Idiot edition" Is it the reviewers? The engies? The CEO? The same 10 idiot people who demand the same thing and do all the playtesting for all new phones?

7 hours ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

Same here , the only way to actually change the market is to "vote with out wallets" , but thats just the problem the majority of people who own lets say Apple devices don't actually buy them for the legitimate reason but simply cause "look at me , I have a fucking iphone"  and they will buy regardless :( 

Unfortunately, I think a lot of people buy Apple products just for the status symbol... I wish people would take a little more time just to read reviews and compare specs/usage scenarios before buying a phone...

7 hours ago, Lethal Seraph said:

It seems to me that companies are trying to get more money out of consumers, like additional accessory(advertised for user convenience) while I do appreciate wireless charging, I'm hating the trend. They're forcing us to charge a lot, if not carry around a bulky battery bank.

Why do you hate wireless charging? I don't think it's supposed to replace wired charging, just offer a more convenient alternative when you don't need your phone to charge as quickly. Like putting your phone down on your nightstand and picking it up in the morning. No need to deal with the cable, and your phone can take as long as it wants because you're asleep.

2 hours ago, Alir said:

I saved myself time, money and effort by just buying a 3ds xl. Mobile gaming will never surpass Vitas and 3ds'. Maybe in market share, but that's just because practically everyone has a phone and the games are quick and easy to access. But mobile games are terrible.

Minus some games like KOTOR which are PC games anyways.

I have 4 main gripes with mobile games (In worst to least worst order). These reasons are why I don't like the VAST MAJORITY of mobile games, and why I usually try to look for PC/console ports when browsing the google play store.

1. Pay to win/paywall mechanics. "Spend money and we'll deliver the finish line right to your doorstep!"

2. Shovelware. (Extra Credits did a really good episode on this, google "extra credits shovelware") A lot of the games are terrible or just clones of popular games. Remember when Flappy Bird (what a relic!) got pulled from shelves and everyone rushed to clone it?

3. Gameplay isn't deep enough. For a lot of games, the gameplay isn't deep or meaningful. It just repeats the same mechanics over and over again with little variation. Candy crush? Move some candy around until you get 3 in a row. Temple run, swipe in directions until you die, with some leaning and running variations here and there.

4. Sometimes the controls are bad. Ever try virtual buttons or joysticks on a touchscreen? That's exactly what I'm talking about. Your eyes are looking somewhere else, you have no tactile feedback to tell where the buttons are

2 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Just use 1080p instead of 1440p. That would help battery life tremendously. No 4K or 1440p. Otherwise they're will be shitty battery life.

1080p on a phone with regular usage scenarios work well. My S5 has a 1080p screen, very difficult to notice pixels, and battery is great as it's not being punished. 

But factor in phone-based VR and you have a problem. I've tried a Gear VR with an S7 in it, pixels were seeable.

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

3 hours ago, Fgtfv567 said:

-snip-

Oh I love wireless charging. What I meant is the trend. They seem to compromise what a good phone needs to have while also selling/charging extra for something we desperately need. 

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Sounds like he has his head up his own anus. 

Especially considering the fact that Samsung is being praised (And rewarded with massive pre-orders for them) for the decision to make the S7 and S7 Edge thicker to accomodate better battery and additional storage. 

Also, first time I actually heard about Mobile Syrup. They are starting sound like nobodies to me. 

On an unrelated note, I seriously hope the rumors for Moto X 2016 are completely untrue when it is finally announced.

The Market will speak for itself. Or it would if customers were informed at all. Instead we're going to see a market full of people who bought the new thing complaining about short battery life.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

I'm all for battery life but there will come a point where thinness and battery life can no longer be compromised and hopefully force companies to research more into better batteries. 

I realize innovation in the battery space is very slow and hard to do but hopefully we can see some new tech within the space.

We need just one company to make a high end phone with large battery that's not stupidly large in size and they'll finally see there is a market for such phones.

So far all 4000+ mah phone that's not around or over 6 inch has mediatek chips and friggin 720P screen. ugh. 

17 hours ago, manikyath said:

EDIT: @dizmo we dont need 2cm thick phones, we need to stick to the thickness we have now -- one we can actually still hold, and just keep filling it with battery.

If you look at what actually goes into a phone you'll see that it mostly is already battery. There isn't really much filling left to do, and yet people still complain...

17 hours ago, Prysin said:

aint buying no phone with less then 2750mAh battery.

Just dont care how efficient the phone is. Ive seen them make slim phones with 3000+mAh batteries, so i have to draw a line somewhere.

The efficiency of a device directly affects the battery more than anything else...so I'm not sure why you don't care how efficient it is.

17 hours ago, Arokhantos said:

They want thinner phones so you break it and buy a new one, they want crappy batteries so it pisses you off and you buy a new one, they want slower laggy phones after a year so you want faster one and buy a new one, they don't wanna update phones so you have to buy a new one.

I'm sure some one can add more reasons, anyway it pisses me off greatly to its more the attitude of smartphone companies these day's really it improves and degrades all the time for a reason.

Actually a lot of companies phones are still fine. People just expect more speed. Technology advances, and things get faster, thus the older devices seem slower. Most Nexus phones of old still work perfectly fine, especially since Android has reduced system requirements over the years.

17 hours ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

Same here , the only way to actually change the market is to "vote with out wallets" , but thats just the problem the majority of people who own lets say Apple devices don't actually buy them for the legitimate reason but simply cause "look at me , I have a fucking iphone"  and they will buy regardless :( 

Actually most people like Apple because of the ecosystem, the style, and general build quality. I've never actually heard someone say "look at me I have an iPhone".

17 hours ago, Prysin said:

i got a Sony Xperia Z2

3200mAh battery. Sure it cannot change it, but even with 8 hours a day on spotify + browsing each day, it still lasts 2-3 days between the charges. I bought it 3 years ago.

You must not use your phone that often, or on WiFi haha

17 hours ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

Motorola's been making phones with big batteries for quite a while now.

X Force , X play , Moto Maxx all phones with giant batteries compared to the competition. 

Most of those phones are stuck on Verizon though. The X Play isn't, but honestly even with it's larger battery it didn't get great battery life. My Note5 does considerably better than the X Play I had with a considerably smaller battery and a larger screen.

17 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Still it could be more.  How long until someone tries a 4000 mAh?  Everyone: promise to all buy that en masse when if comes out :P

There are numerous phones out there with batteries that exceed that amount.

17 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Has something else held them back from completely dominating the market?  Lack luster specs?  Locked to certain carriers?  (idk honestly much about the options out there)

Most of them were locked to Verizon. Others had lackluster spec compared to flagships, and honestly even with the larger batteries didn't get the best battery life.

16 hours ago, RedRound2 said:

Actually I'm expecting the S7 to set the ground for battery. Hopefully other manufacturers will follow footstep and *finger crossed* battery life improvement will be the next aspect in the tech race like how screen resolution and camera are

Meaning what exactly? The S6 had an anemic battery for its size, they're just playing catch-up.

16 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

See that's always the problem.  It's not as simple as everyone just buying the biggest battery phone.  Sure we care, but the article is somewhat right - it's not the only thing that matters.  The flagships need to offer thicker versions - they're already doing multiple screen sizes, why not multiple thicknesses?

Cost. Why offer 2 models of the same phone, doubling the cost of production? Molds, design, engineering, etc would all be doubled. Not every company makes the fat profit margins that Apple does when it comes to cell phones, most barely get by as is.

16 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Ah yes, that's why I have my z3 compact, on stamina mode, I easily get 2 whole days out of one charge (3G always on...no 4G as three's 3G is faster than basically all 4G signals in Edinburgh...)...oh wait, never mind, it has a 2.6k mAh battery :D, even with no stamina mode, it still lasts a nice 1 and a half days

I was tempted to get that phone for a long while! The small screen gives excellent battery life. However I decided to try a phablet, and I'm never going back..

16 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

The Oukitel K10000 wants to disagree :p. All we need, is some sort of genius chinese manufacturer, that actually wants to invest heavily on this -.-, but all of them seem busy trying to make "high quality" build phones with mediatek components.... Cmon, not even OnePlus tries to make theyr phones battery enormous.

OnePlus didn't have a huge battery, but their phone excelled in battery life.

16 hours ago, TetraSky said:

As long as the phone isn't more than 1cm thick, I'm perfectly fine with it being "thicker"...

When I was shopping for a phone, I first looked at the size of it, anything bigger than 4.5" was out, because at that point I might as well get a tablet.
And the second thing I looked at, was battery life. Because that's the single most important aspect in a phone to me, way beyond OS, features and what not. A smartphone that doesn't even last a day and might possibly be dead when I need it the most, is useless.

A large screened phone is hardly a tablet...if you'd ever tried carrying one around you'd know that.

I'd argue that you don't want/need a smartphone at all. If you don't care about the OS or features, why not just get a regular cell phone? Those things last forever.

15 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

I have an alternate theory: Planned obsolescence. We all know battery performance degrades over time. A bigger battery not only last longer but can resist this deterioration for a lot longer making the phone less useful but functional years down the line whereas a smaller batter makes an already annoying to use device virtually unusable later down the line with worst battery performance.

I disagree. Honestly, one shouldn't complain about having to replace the battery in a phone after a few years. Just pay the usually $90 to replace it. It's not like because it's sealed in it's impossible to replace.

15 hours ago, DocSwag said:

For me, I just want a phone that will last me through the day with enough battery life not to make me uncomfortable. So basically if after a long day I still have 30%, I'm a happy camper. But no, I will not trade 1/2 mm of thickness if it means I have 5% less battery at the end of the day. As long as my phone can last through any day I'm fine, and as long as that is the case I don't care how thin it is, but if no, then I definitely would trade a little thinness for a bigger battery.

One of my friends is the same way. I don't understand it though. If you finish the day with battery life left, hasn't your phone accomplished what it set out to do? Last the whole day? Why would you still want almost half the battery left? That still doesn't give you enough power to get through the next day.

15 hours ago, Carde said:

Normal work day my one plus last me easily landing me at 60% at the end of the day.

Heavy use day, I sure need that powerbank I got from them cause I can run my phone dry twice.

Frankly perhaps I should just get the old nokia's from the drawer and forget this smartphone stuff until they can make something proper. The only thing I would really miss would be my deezer for music streaming.

Haha, interesting. Think about it though, you want to be able to do everything a PC can, in your hand. It takes a ton of power. I think they've done a brilliant job if you consider what you can do now compared to what was possible 10 years ago.

15 hours ago, shdowhunt60 said:

Phone manufacturers love their planned obsolescence. I like how on top of mediocre battery life they incorporate more battery sucking features into newer devices like more powerful SOC's and higher resolution displays.

Funnily enough speed increases come from die shrinks, which give us better battery life. If the better performance comes with the shrink anyway, why not take it? Also, Samsung's 1440p screens were more efficient than the 1080p screens they replaced. So much so that it offset the drain by the higher resolution.

13 hours ago, mate_mate91 said:

I like thin phones too, but if this means that it will need to be charged twice a day, no thanks. Sweet spot for thickness is like 6-8 mm, for screen  size 4.8-5.2 inches, without big bezels like sony has :P

Actually we still can improve battery life by making more efficient RAM, CPU, GPU. We do not need that kind of power todays flagships have. If their screen was 1080p, there would not be the need for faster CPUs and GPUs. If S7 had 1080p screen It would have been  more efficient. Also bloatware that comes with samsungs, sonys, LGs and others phones eats up battery. HTC does really good job at it. It's sense UI is pretty much fast and efficient.

And battery.... We need new battery technology! That keeps more juice in it, lasts longer (i mean charge cycles) and charges faster.

I miss my nokia, i had to charge it once a week :(

I disagree about the screen size, but each to their own.

The CPU's become more efficient as they get smaller, which also allows for more speed. They do a balancing act. It's not like they just cram the most mHz out of the SoC that they can. Look at SD, they actually cut the cores in half with their new chip.

I don't think bloat really has anything to do with it. A Nexus phone doesn't really fare much better than another phone from say Samsung. If anything they're usually worse.

12 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Samsung's 1440p screen was more efficient than the 1080p one it replaced. I don't think it really matters as much as most people think. If you truly want to improve battery life, there's a company that designed a screen that removes a layer between the screen and back light that increases battery life 50%. Things like that will improve battery life.

Mah is not the deciding factor when it comes to battery life. Efficient internals play a much larger part.

12 hours ago, Alir said:

My phone has a 720p display and that's more than enough. People who want 4k or even anything higher than 1080p are bloody stupid. In my respectful view.

I would ideally like a 1080p display, but that is only so that I can watch educational coding videos at a proper PC resolution.

Gaming, movies and TV shows don't even belong on phones.

You want that stuff, buy a tablet.

Funny thing is most consumers never even demanded these gimmicks like 4k displays. Advertisers and companies literally told you "you want this" and sheeple replied "yeah".

*Rumbles* Oh crap not again...

You have a very closed minded view, and just because something works for you does in no way mean that it's fine for everyone else.

Movies and TV shows don't belong on phones? They're there, and a ton of people use them. As is pretty clear by market polls and just seeing what people do with their phones. So clearly they belong there. It's one of the main uses of my friends phone. He doesn't want to take a tablet with him because, guess what, he can't fit it in his pocket.

10 hours ago, Technicolors said:

i guess they forgot that the s7 edge has a 3600 mah battery, which mind you is bigger than the nexus 6p's battery. and yet the s7 edge manages to be quite light and thin. i've already looked at user input over at XDA regarding the s7 edge's battery and they're getting some pretty great numbers, in some cases better than the nexus 6p. i can only guess it's the display

It's largely the SoC. Especially if they were testing the Exynos, which is considerably better on battery life than the SD820.

2 hours ago, AU_Gundam said:

Sounds like he has his head up his own anus. 

Especially considering the fact that Samsung is being praised (And rewarded with massive pre-orders for them) for the decision to make the S7 and S7 Edge thicker to accomodate better battery and additional storage. 

Also, first time I actually heard about Mobile Syrup. They are starting sound like nobodies to me. 

On an unrelated note, I seriously hope the rumors for Moto X 2016 are completely untrue when it is finally announced.

It's not like they made the phone thick. They increased it by an extremely minuscule amount. All they didn't do was chase the thin crown like Apple and some other manufacturers do.

What were the rumors for the Moto X 2016? They haven't really made an amazing all around device in years. Seems like they always mess something up.

10 minutes ago, crystal6tak said:

We need just one company to make a high end phone with large battery that's not stupidly large in size and they'll finally see there is a market for such phones.

So far all 4000+ mah phone that's not around or over 6 inch has mediatek chips and friggin 720P screen. ugh. 

There are a few 6"+ screened phones that really aren't that large.

The problem with putting larger batteries into smaller bodies is you notice the weight a lot more.

It matters to more consumers than you'd think.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

-snip-

It may have, but what im talking about is multi day battery life, like 4 to 5 days of moderate-heavy usage. 1-2 days of heavy usage for me, is not enough.

Groomlake Authority

55 minutes ago, crystal6tak said:

wut

http://amzn.to/1Se9UbK

http://www.amazon.com/Huawei-Mate-16MP-Dual-Smartphone/dp/B018RVE8AG/ref=sr_1_3?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1458653279&sr=1-3&keywords=mate+8 (sure this one has 6 inches but come on! look at it!)

only reason why i haven't picked one of those myself is because they don't have a removable battery

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Yeah, somewhat thicker phone to get better battery is good.

But. There needs to be a breakthrough already as far as type of batteries. On consumer level I'm hoping to see some type of new battery that can last multiple times as ones in todays phones in same size.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Dizmo your post is not technically against the rules but please stop doing that: you don't need to answer everyone sorry you missed most of the thread but that post is infuriating shit. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

If you look at what actually goes into a phone you'll see that it mostly is already battery. There isn't really much filling left to do, and yet people still complain...

The efficiency of a device directly affects the battery more than anything else...so I'm not sure why you don't care how efficient it is.

Actually a lot of companies phones are still fine. People just expect more speed. Technology advances, and things get faster, thus the older devices seem slower. Most Nexus phones of old still work perfectly fine, especially since Android has reduced system requirements over the years.

Actually most people like Apple because of the ecosystem, the style, and general build quality. I've never actually heard someone say "look at me I have an iPhone".

You must not use your phone that often, or on WiFi haha

Most of those phones are stuck on Verizon though. The X Play isn't, but honestly even with it's larger battery it didn't get great battery life. My Note5 does considerably better than the X Play I had with a considerably smaller battery and a larger screen.

There are numerous phones out there with batteries that exceed that amount.

Most of them were locked to Verizon. Others had lackluster spec compared to flagships, and honestly even with the larger batteries didn't get the best battery life.

Meaning what exactly? The S6 had an anemic battery for its size, they're just playing catch-up.

Cost. Why offer 2 models of the same phone, doubling the cost of production? Molds, design, engineering, etc would all be doubled. Not every company makes the fat profit margins that Apple does when it comes to cell phones, most barely get by as is.

I was tempted to get that phone for a long while! The small screen gives excellent battery life. However I decided to try a phablet, and I'm never going back..

OnePlus didn't have a huge battery, but their phone excelled in battery life.

A large screened phone is hardly a tablet...if you'd ever tried carrying one around you'd know that.

I'd argue that you don't want/need a smartphone at all. If you don't care about the OS or features, why not just get a regular cell phone? Those things last forever.

I disagree. Honestly, one shouldn't complain about having to replace the battery in a phone after a few years. Just pay the usually $90 to replace it. It's not like because it's sealed in it's impossible to replace.

One of my friends is the same way. I don't understand it though. If you finish the day with battery life left, hasn't your phone accomplished what it set out to do? Last the whole day? Why would you still want almost half the battery left? That still doesn't give you enough power to get through the next day.

Haha, interesting. Think about it though, you want to be able to do everything a PC can, in your hand. It takes a ton of power. I think they've done a brilliant job if you consider what you can do now compared to what was possible 10 years ago.

Funnily enough speed increases come from die shrinks, which give us better battery life. If the better performance comes with the shrink anyway, why not take it? Also, Samsung's 1440p screens were more efficient than the 1080p screens they replaced. So much so that it offset the drain by the higher resolution.

I disagree about the screen size, but each to their own.

The CPU's become more efficient as they get smaller, which also allows for more speed. They do a balancing act. It's not like they just cram the most mHz out of the SoC that they can. Look at SD, they actually cut the cores in half with their new chip.

I don't think bloat really has anything to do with it. A Nexus phone doesn't really fare much better than another phone from say Samsung. If anything they're usually worse.

Samsung's 1440p screen was more efficient than the 1080p one it replaced. I don't think it really matters as much as most people think. If you truly want to improve battery life, there's a company that designed a screen that removes a layer between the screen and back light that increases battery life 50%. Things like that will improve battery life.

Mah is not the deciding factor when it comes to battery life. Efficient internals play a much larger part.

You have a very closed minded view, and just because something works for you does in no way mean that it's fine for everyone else.

Movies and TV shows don't belong on phones? They're there, and a ton of people use them. As is pretty clear by market polls and just seeing what people do with their phones. So clearly they belong there. It's one of the main uses of my friends phone. He doesn't want to take a tablet with him because, guess what, he can't fit it in his pocket.

It's largely the SoC. Especially if they were testing the Exynos, which is considerably better on battery life than the SD820.

It's not like they made the phone thick. They increased it by an extremely minuscule amount. All they didn't do was chase the thin crown like Apple and some other manufacturers do.

What were the rumors for the Moto X 2016? They haven't really made an amazing all around device in years. Seems like they always mess something up.

There are a few 6"+ screened phones that really aren't that large.

The problem with putting larger batteries into smaller bodies is you notice the weight a lot more.

It matters to more consumers than you'd think.

Well, last I checked the Snapdragon 8xx series was all about high performance. And then there came energy efficiency. Not the other way around.

Honestly we need larger batteries in phones and more efficient chipsets. But also more OS level optimizations.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 hours ago, dizmo said:

One of my friends is the same way. I don't understand it though. If you finish the day with battery life left, hasn't your phone accomplished what it set out to do? Last the whole day? Why would you still want almost half the battery left? That still doesn't give you enough power to get through the next day.

Reason 1: It makes me feel more comfortable (I get uncomfortable once my phone has under 30% ish even if they day is almost over) :P

Reason 2: If, for whatever reason, I have a day much, much longer than usual I will still be able to make it through that day with no problem. It's just to be safe. There's no reason I think that you need a battery that lasts 2-3 days... if it lasts you one day then you can just charge it up during the night. Having a 2-3 day battery would only make your phone thicker and heavier and for me brings no benefit.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Gotta make the phone thinner, right? Because totally noone buys power banks and power cases...

I have an LG G4, it's a bit on the bigger side, but I could totally take another 3 mm of thickness so I wouldn't have to worry about smashing the camera when I put it down. Thank god I have a huge mousepad, I never dare to put it carelessly on any hard table.

And then when it's thicker, I can have a bigger battery in it. But nononono, lets make a phone paperthin, get rid of the battery completely so that people will need power banks..

Edit:

Also, would probably get quite a bit better battery life by unbloating the G4, I just don't dare - too lazy to research how to. And that new snazzy SD820, wouldn't mind having that either :)

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise