Apple's Event Is Live Right Now

Orangeator

Ugh, was hoping they'd announce a Skylake 13" rMBP

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

8 minutes ago, Centurius said:

Same. Or at least a progress report on the much needed refresh of the Retina MacBooks...

As we Russians say... pashle nahuy.

6 hours ago, MLGTurnip said:

Does anyone else have the problem that they cannot connect to the website? I am in school an no one can connect to it, and almost everybody found a way around the blocked website so that is not an option. Is apple maybe being DDOSed?

It says access denied.

It only works in edge or safari.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 hours ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

Who the hell is this 4 inch phone for ? Kindergarten kids ? Pretty sure when people say they want smaller phones they mean 4,5 or 4,7 at most.

It is for people like me. Mind you, my hands are not small by any means, so that "small phone, small hands" argument is moot.

I already posted my rant about the phablets, so I do not need to repeat it again.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

The reality of things is different people different needs.

For example, one person that uses say the bus all day, would like to have 1 hand hold the bar, and the other have full access to the phone. So a small phone is preferred. One person that does. a lot of productivity or like to show pictures to others or just enjoy viewing pictures in big, might prefer a larger screen phone. Others just cares, mostly, about text msg, phone calls, and play music, so you don't need a large phone.

The above are just examples, of different situation why obe might prefer to the other.

Are people really complaining about the low resolution front facing camera? That many of you guys take selfies? I literally have never once used the the front facing camera on any of my phones. This SE is literally everything I wanted it to be. Same design as the best designed smart phone ever. Performance and speed of the latest iPhone. 4in form factor. 

14 minutes ago, NickTheMajin said:

Are people really complaining about the low resolution front facing camera? That many of you guys take selfies? I literally have never once used the the front facing camera on any of my phones. This SE is literally everything I wanted it to be. Same design as the best designed smart phone ever. Performance and speed of the latest iPhone. 4in form factor. 

I honestly hate Apple, however the SE seems to be the best of both worlds. (Apples worlds, not Androids) Also who uses a smartphones front camera?

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Just now, Orangeator said:

I honestly hate Apple, however the SE seems to be the best of both worlds. (Apples worlds, not Androids) Also who uses a smartphones front camera?

uh, people who like taking selfies? sorry, but plenty of people like using snapchat and want the dazzling front camera

dissapointed that they didn't update the Macbooks, guess I'll have to stuck with my Surface Pro 1 for another year.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

3 hours ago, Giddyguy said:

dissapointed that they didn't update the Macbooks, guess I'll have to stuck with my Surface Pro 1 for another year.

Later this year I daresay - next Intel platform would be my bet

I don't see much point in them holding out, unless they really want Kaby Lake for some reason. I can see them maybe doing it for the 15" Retina Macbook Pro for the new GPU's, but beyond that? I'm dubious.

10 hours ago, Orangeator said:

Sorry but I think you are wrong, Windows 10 runs perfectly and does not hold back the Surface. I have the Surface 3 and it blows any current (and most likely future) iPad out of the water. Apple tablets cannot compete with an i7... The surface is just as portable and light as the iPad and it packs WAY more of a punch and can do everything the iPads can do then a shit load more. Hate to tell you but the Surface is better then the iPad in almost every respective. 

10 hours ago, Stuff_ said:

The Surface is WONDERFUL at being a laptop replacement. Also as being a tablet, with Windows 10. However, you don't even need tablet mode because Windows 10 works wonderfully on the Surface. 

I heard there were quite a few annoying problems that plagued Surface Pro 4 for a while now. And anyways i'm not talking about today but in the future. Does surface have a better battery than ipad? Is it lighter and thinner than iPad? No. Also it's a very expensive device and for a lot of people a laptop will generally suit them better given how cheap some laptops these days are

10 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Yeah, no cost cutting corners... Except the 16GB models, the 1.2MP front facing camera, lack of 3D touch, lack of OIS in the camera and lack of the barometer. Not sure if I missed something but that's what I could see on the store page. When reviews comes out we will see if they also cut corners on things like display calibration, NVMe controller and other less-obvious things. They are cutting quite a few corners with the SE. How much they are cutting and how significant those things is up for debate, but the fact that they are cutting some corners is not. They most certainly are.

16GB i could say because its a apple's first budget phone. But I will say now that if iPhone 7 does still have 16GB, that's pretty shit. 3D touch has been reserved for their flagship phones like how touch ID was when the 5C came out. Same for OIS. And really barometer? I think its there in the M9 chip but i dont really care.

I have never honestly seen headlines of the remaining aspects you seen (don't bother pointing me that one article that claimed so). Again it's not a $700 phone where we expect perfection but a flagship class phone in a small body and cheaper price. They could've skimped on 12MP camera and A9 chip but they didn't

37 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

I heard there were quite a few annoying problems that plagued Surface Pro 4 for a while now. And anyways i'm not talking about today but in the future. Does surface have a better battery than ipad? Is it lighter and thinner than iPad? No. Also it's a very expensive device and for a lot of people a laptop will generally suit them better given how cheap some laptops these days are

16GB i could say because its a apple's first budget phone. But I will say now that if iPhone 7 does still have 16GB, that's pretty shit. 3D touch has been reserved for their flagship phones like how touch ID was when the 5C came out. Same for OIS. And really barometer? I think its there in the M9 chip but i dont really care.

I have never honestly seen headlines of the remaining aspects you seen (don't bother pointing me that one article that claimed so). Again it's not a $700 phone where we expect perfection but a flagship class phone in a small body and cheaper price. They could've skimped on 12MP camera and A9 chip but they didn't

When you manufacture hardware, there is a lot of trust going around, with different manufactures. What the Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book experience is not unique to the Surface line, but affected ALL laptops (running Windows), using Skylake CPU (without a dedicated GPU, or if it does, with switchable graphics). Intel graphics solution drivers was to blame to pretty much all the mass number of issues with Windows 10 on laptops, even on non-Skylake CPUs when the OS was released. The problem was the Intel graphics solution drivers. Intel didn't care about anything, because the company sees as their solution as a "free" solution, despite paying a higher price on our CPUs for this feature.  Considering that AMD is no where near Intel high performance chips, it creates this monopoly for Intel, and gives them more reason to not care.

When it took Microsoft to send their own team of engineers to Intel to fix their drivers, you know it is bad. Anyway, the problem is now fixed. Apple approach is to not trust the manufactures and code their own drivers. Granted it can be argued that Microsoft should do the same, but that is a different discussion. Not to mention be unfair, as Dell, HP, Acer, etc, can't afford to do their own drivers as well, and will be affected with issues that are now, never fixed.

As for the second point. You have a point there. It is a budget phone, especially from a company that only focuses on premium devices only. But I think the problem is that most people in North America, goes with contract (which is totally retarded, and I think is the reason why telecommunication companies sucks so much here compared to say, Europe or many parts of Asia). Meaning, they get the phone for free, or for insanely cheap price, for being locked in, in an overpriced 2-3 year contract, with insane cancellation fees.

Personally, I buy my phones in full, despite loosing on some features, making many false advertising, including on "bring your own phone" plans, which has benefits and features only accessible if you buy it form the carrier (which will be also be locked to them, despite paying in full). This is because they hate that you have the power to leave. But they are up sides. You have the power, you get to have a say, and the ability to change provider every week if you want, and phone updates are not blocked by your carrier, so you get the latest firmware and OS update keeping your phone safe, secure, have the latest and greatest features released by the phone manufacture (or OS maker in the case of Microsoft). The downside, is well you can say potentially (I mean it depends on the carrier, so you have to try and see) bye bye to LTE, and limited to H+, and stuff like "Unlimited** music streaming**** ", or "Unlimited** video streaming**** ", and so on (starts indicating a, might as well be, dictionary size fine prints, of course). Some even blocks MMS, just to annoy you, because you didn't get the phone with them, and don't give 2 dams about you when you call. But, it is what it is. And I hope more people buy their phone in full, despite the high cost, which will only drive the device price down (A 700$ phone doesn't cost 700$, nor from Samsung, Apple, Blackberry, or even Microsoft), and create competitions and have better service.

7 hours ago, NickTheMajin said:

That many of you guys take selfies? 

Every day

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Really thinking about switching from my 6s to this. I wonder if Apple will allow people on the iPhone payment plan to switch over.

2 hours ago, RedRound2 said:

Well you said they did not cut corners in any of their products but clearly they did. They did not cut corners when it came to the SoC or the rear camera, but they did in quite a few other areas.

13 hours ago, Centurius said:

I'm still waiting for Apple to update the Air line with retina displays. 

Pretty good deal in the United States: the best SoC on the market with 2GB of RAM and a decent rear camera is pretty sweet for $399. Let's hope Google stops overpricing their Nexus line now.

Europeans get ripped off as usual

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

14 hours ago, TechGod said:

No dude...lol. They'll update them at WWDC.

Waiting until WWDC and then ultimately receiving a Macbook after a likely backlog is pretty much a year for me :P

10 hours ago, Windspeed36 said:

Later this year I daresay - next Intel platform would be my bet

Most likely, and i'm hoping they do some major changes/feature updates such as touch id and such.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

17 hours ago, RedRound2 said:

Well you're still comparing a tablet to an actual laptop, but also a tablet. Hard to make a comparison. Of course the Surface will cost more, the internals are much better.

Also it's battery life is really good. Easily can do whatever you would like to without needing to charge it again.

But we're arguing opinions and preference; things that cannot be argued.

13 hours ago, Stuff_ said:

Well you're still comparing a tablet to an actual laptop, but also a tablet. Hard to make a comparison. Of course the Surface will cost more, the internals are much better.

Also it's battery life is really good. Easily can do whatever you would like to without needing to charge it again.

But we're arguing opinions and preference; things that cannot be argued.

Well... I can argue that the Surface is more powerful and can run/do many more things then any of Apples products that are similar in design... That is a fact. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D