Apple's Event Is Live Right Now

Orangeator

iphone se $399 for 16gb

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

All the golf claps in the audience...

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

4 minutes ago, Thony said:

It all sounds very nice, but im waiting for the price.

Edit: $399 very good price for an iPhone.

399 for what effectively is a 6S and isn't needlessly gimped on the hardware front. Still packing up to date processors and storage and GPU, cameras and everything. Im actually impressed, I for sure would have expected Apple to just gimp it somehow to match the lower price but they didn't really 

I guess to Apple, it being a smaller phone (and thus not as great for some forms of media consumption and use) is being gimped enough. Someone who wants a small phone specifically wants a small phone, they weren't going to miss the "big screen" experience anyways 

3 hours ago, MarcoR said:

Literally a 4" iPhone 6S. A smartphone maker who understands that a small phone doesn't need to skimp on powerful specs? Who'd a thunk it would be coming from Apple 

It does seem really nice. They did leave off 3D touch though. 

My Work in Progress PC http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/522048-xeon-build/ <-- That PC was built but never booted:(

My Work in Progress PC 2.0 https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/540583-xeon-build-20-code-name-xenox (Hopefully this one boots.) 

Just now, Trey222 said:

It does seem really nice. They did leave off 3D touch though. 

I think that is leaning towards a negative for the SE. 

3D Touch isn't a must have, its just a quality of life thing. It makes a lot of interactions with the OS better and more streamlined but its also not going to ruin the experience. Sorta in the middle there, I guess

2 minutes ago, MarcoR said:

399 for what effectively is a 6S and isn't needlessly gimped on the hardware front. Still packing up to date processors and storage and GPU, cameras and everything. Im actually impressed, I for sure would have expected Apple to just gimp it somehow to match the lower price but they didn't really 

Same here, I am very pleased and little shocked (pisitively) . Might get one before Christmass. The 1st iPhone ill ever have :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

So... The iPad Air is dead now? They will replace it with their new 9.7" iPad Pro?

Bahaha

The show was actually pretty good until they started talking about the iPad Pro being the "ultimate PC replacement".

Edit:

Wait, what is all this nonsense about them being first with "True Tone display"? Samsung have been doing that since the Galaxy S 5. You can't say you were first with something when your competitor did the same thing 2 years earlier. Next they will say they were first with the stylus for the tablet...

Why do they even still offer a 16gb phone. Its 2016 apple. 32gb should be the bare minimum,

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

3 hours ago, LAwLz said:

So... The iPad Air is dead now? They will replace it with their new 9.7" iPad Pro?

Bahaha

The show was actually pretty good until they started talking about the iPad Pro being the "ultimate PC replacement".

Yeah I wish they would stop saying that. It is really annoying because they ignore the fact windows can actually run X86 applications and games. Also they kinda destroy the point of their macbooks. 

My Work in Progress PC http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/522048-xeon-build/ <-- That PC was built but never booted:(

My Work in Progress PC 2.0 https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/540583-xeon-build-20-code-name-xenox (Hopefully this one boots.) 

"Our iPad Pro is so powerful it is the perfect PC replacement! It almost has half a teraflop. That is as much as a XBOX 360!"

Holy crap. Apple used to be so great and now they seem to test how far they can go. As fast as a xbox 360? Perfect Pc replacement? what the actual fuck. Who would even,... no.

Was really hoping they'd announce all their future products will be sourcing and using OLED panels and starting with the new ones releasing today. :c  

I like that iPad Pro, and I like the small iPhone.  It'll be a hassle to move from my HTC to the iPhone, due to losing some stuff, but - I don't mind the Apple ecosystem.  Will be a little annoying not having Google-sync on everything, but this should be wonderful.  Wish they announced the iPhone 7, however.  I want to see that A10X performance.

Only just really sat back down after a call, so whats the UK pricing on the SE 16GB?

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

1 minute ago, Rattenmann said:

"Our iPad Pro is so powerful it is the perfect PC replacement! It almost has half a teraflop. That is as much as a XBOX 360!"

Holy crap. Apple used to be so great and now they seem to test how far they can go. As fast as a xbox 360? Perfect Pc replacement? what the actual fuck. Who would even,... no.

I don't think getting the performance of a 10 year console is that hard.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

So no Mac announcements again...

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Just now, Mantayd17 said:

Man did I miss something or...

didn't they just forget to update their starving laptop lineup?

I bet they will make people wait till September for anything Mac related.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

sounds like they are dropping laptops and desktops

Both the new iPhone and iPad are of interest to me. Latest specs, and the form factors that Apple got right the first time.

3 hours ago, Rattenmann said:

Yeah they kinda go to hard with the iPad Pro. I wish they would not say that. It is kinda deceptive to people who use older Windows PCs and are not super computer savvy. They will see this as a PC replacement and try to run their programs on it and be unable to because it is not a PC. 

3 hours ago, Mantayd17 said:

Man did I miss something or...

didn't they just forget to update their starving laptop lineup?

They did. Also they kinda had to because of the whole iPad Pro replacing PCs thing. 

Nooooooooo, i was expecting a 4 inch amoled display Iphone SE :(. Does it even have at least 2Gbs of ram... and wheres the full aluminium black color :l !

Groomlake Authority

18 minutes ago, bob345 said:

Why do they even still offer a 16gb phone. Its 2016 apple. 32gb should be the bare minimum,

Why? Because you will spend 100$ more to get the 64gb one. Easy money

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

Just now, VerticalDiscussions said:

Nooooooooo, i was expecting a 4 inch amoled display Iphone SE :(. Does it even have at least 2Gbs of ram... and wheres the full aluminium black color :l !

As long as the price point in the UK is fine, I am sold, my note 2 is currently working part time.  

7 minutes ago, Kierax said:

Only just really sat back down after a call, so whats the UK pricing on the SE 16GB?

Hopefully £349 for 16gb

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

1 minute ago, Dredgy said:

Latest specs, and the form factors that Apple got right the first time.

By "the first time" do you mean the 4" phone which was their second screen size on the iPhone, 3.5" being their first?

Just now, Thony said:

Hopefully £349 for 16gb

Oh, a little higher than I thought, but should make it's tariff pricing fairly reasonable for about 2GB Data I hope with minutes around the 600 mark or above?