Apple's Event Is Live Right Now

Orangeator

So, to recap:

iPhone SE: 4" iPhone 6s without 3D touch. Comes with A9 (with the same amount of RAM I hope), same 12MP camera, etc.

iPad Pro, the 9.7" edition: pretty much a smaller 12" iPad Pro. Literary. But now with some new display stuff.

Some stuff about health and environment yada yada yada.

No news on new Macs.

Ye ole' train

Just now, Kierax said:

Oh, a little higher then I thought, but should make it's tariff pricing fairly reasonable for about 2GB Data I hope with minutes around the 600 mark or above?

is US they ask $17 a month. Im sure in UK we can get around £20

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Just now, Kierax said:

-snip-

Here in Portugal tough, it will be:

16 Gb = 599€ and 64 Gb = 699€, so it better be worth at least, and have some freebies for pre-orders aha. But dayum seriously, the phone looks dope, but its not full black and something tells me that the front camera wont be 5Mp .... since they only advertised as such the new Ipad Pro lol.

Groomlake Authority

3 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Nooooooooo, i was expecting a 4 inch amoled display Iphone SE :(. Does it even have at least 2Gbs of ram... and wheres the full aluminium black color :l !

Probably does since it has the new processor.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Just now, Thony said:

is US they ask $17 a month. Im sure in UK we can get around £20

That would be perfect for me, if 3 Mobile offers that deal, I am totally sold. Could not have better news :D

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

1 minute ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

-snip-

Well they did say they dont believe in the future of laptops and desktop computers.... lol. We should demand now that all Macbooks are to be officially retired from stores, because they dont have Skylake chips!! 600 million 5 year old computers and theyr laptops using 3 years old hardware, not expectable from a premium brand darn it! They didnt have the right to use such argument.

Groomlake Authority

About time they finally announced a device with 256Gb.  Really there are some nice new offers though.

1 minute ago, LAwLz said:

By "the first time" do you mean the 4" phone which was their second screen size on the iPhone, 3.5" being their first?

I will actually say I prefer the 3.5" screen - I liked when the phone race was all about the smallest phone rather than the largest.

I'm content with 4 inches, as my girlfriend so often says.

12 minutes ago, Rattenmann said:

"Our iPad Pro is so powerful it is the perfect PC replacement! It almost has half a teraflop. That is as much as a XBOX 360!"

Holy crap. Apple used to be so great and now they seem to test how far they can go. As fast as a xbox 360? Perfect Pc replacement? what the actual fuck. Who would even,... no.

That's easily more than twice the power of the Xenos GPU in the Xbox 360. The GPU in the 360 is only capable of 220 GFLOPs. Nvidia matched that kind of performance years ago with the Shield Tablet.

9 minutes ago, Kierax said:

Only just really sat back down after a call, so whats the UK pricing on the SE 16GB?

Change the $ to £. That's the UK price LOL

Just now, atrash said:

-snip-

And what about the famous european import taxes, custom fees and vat? :D where i live, its nearly as great as it is in Brazil.

Groomlake Authority

Just now, VerticalDiscussions said:

Well they did say they dont believe in the future of laptops and desktop computers.... lol. We should demand now that all Macbooks are to be officially retired from stores, because they dont have Skylake chips!! 600 million 5 year old computers and theyr laptops using 3 years old hardware, not expectable from a premium brand darn it! They didnt have the right to use such argument.

If Apple wishes to shoot themselves in both feet, the face and the nuts at the same time by killing laptops/desktops.  Then let them, only paves the way for potentially new makers to rise up.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

6 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Noticed something missing from this press event, that was in the previous events?

Usually Apple brags about sales numbers.... this time... no Apple Watch sales figures.

hmm...

Last time on September 2016 event, they skipped the numbers. Tim Cook said that they have no time to announce the numbers. 

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Just now, Kierax said:

If Apple wishes to shoot themselves in both feet, the face and the nuts at the same time by killing laptops/desktops.  Then let them, only paves the way for potentially new makers to rise up.

I truly hope they get rid of Macs. If they could just stick to making truly powerful phones and tablets and PC's stick to making laptops and desktops, the world will be a better place. Lol.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Just now, Kierax said:

Don't think it will, Apple hasn't upgraded the dumb old optical drive non-retina macbook since God knows when and people are still buying them because optical drive (and end up not using them....)! 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, Orangeator said:

I truly hope they get rid of Macs. If they could just stick to making truly powerful phones and tablets and PC's stick to making laptops and desktops, the world will be a better place. Lol.

Right, because what we want to do is further assert Microsoft and Window's monopoly in the PC space? Truly only good things will come of that

I'm not sure, I think there would be some hilarity in seeing Apple enter the gaming market, now hear me out on this one!

If they made an Apple gaming computer, sure it would be horrendously expensive, limited to their drivers/hardware support, but those in the eco-system would love it.  

It would mean those who are now using Windows for their gaming, would suddenly move to Apple, especially if Apple can get more titles over.  This would perhaps give Microsoft the nudge they need to innovate their end of the field, from just another OS, to something awesome, something which makes gamers want Windows, other than just market share game support.

1 minute ago, shdowhunt60 said:

Right, because what we want to do is further assert Microsoft and Window's monopoly in the PC space? Truly only good things will come of that

Microsoft might have the OS but recently all they have been doing is making it more available and way more user friendly. Besides the Windows Store they have nailed Windows 10. Also Microsoft doesn't make the hardware like Apple, other companies make the devices. 

1 minute ago, Kierax said:

I'm not sure, I think their would be some hilarity in seeing Apple enter the gaming market, now hear me out on this one!

If they made an Apple gaming computer, sure it would be horrendously expensive, limited to their drivers/hardware support, but those in the eco-system would love it.  

It would mean those who are now using Windows for their gaming, would suddenly move to Apple, especially if Apple can get more titles over.  This would perhaps give Microsoft the nudge they need to innovate their end of the field, from just another OS, to something awesome, something which makes gamers want Windows, other than just market share game support.

Yeah that makes sense, same reason everyone so desperately wants AMD to get there head back in the game so Nvidia doesn't release very small incremental products because they have no competition. 

Microsoft might have the OS but recently all they have been doing is making it more available and way more user friendly. Besides the Windows Store they have nailed Windows 10. Also Microsoft doesn't make the hardware like Apple, other companies make the devices. 

And also filling it with spyware, and trying to force everyone to use it, even without their consent.

You know,  I don't like Apple products. They're expensive, gaudy, pretentious. But you know what? Apple at the very least makes shit that works. And I argue that if it wasn't for that, if it wasn't for Apple being the golden standard in hardware design, that we would be in a shittier place. Windows would still be broken, laptops would still be complete shit, and software would still not even fucking work half the time.

So in GSMarena they listed the SE with having just 1GB of ram and 1.2mp front facing camera. 

Just now, shdowhunt60 said:

And also filling it with spyware, and trying to force everyone to use it, even without their consent.

You know,  I don't like Apple products. They're expensive, gaudy, pretentious. But you know what? Apple at the very least makes shit that works. And I argue that if it wasn't for that, if it wasn't for Apple being the golden standard in hardware design, that we would be in a shittier place. Windows would still be broken, laptops would still be complete shit, and software would still not even fucking work half the time.

This is very true.  Imagine if Windows ME evolved due to the bubble iMac not arriving.  

1 minute ago, atrash said:

-snip-

God, hope not. That would be pathetic. But they probably wouldnt do that, since it wouldnt make much sense anyways. Might as well just even lose the 4K video capabilities, if they would stick with the same camera and amount of ram of the 5S, with sub 720p display...

Groomlake Authority

2 minutes ago, atrash said:

So in GSMarena they listed the SE with having just 1GB of ram and 1.2mp front facing camera. 

They also listed the 6s with 1gb of ram even after it was announced.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.