Apple's Event Is Live Right Now

Orangeator

Oh dayum. Apple didnt skimp on the camera lens on the new Iphone SE either :D.

12‑megapixel iSight camera with 1.22µ pixels

Live Photos

Autofocus with Focus Pixels

True Tone flash

Panorama (up to 63 megapixels)

Auto HDR for photos

Exposure control

Burst mode

Timer mode

ƒ/2.2 aperture

Five‑element lens

Hybrid IR filter

Backside illumination sensor

Sapphire crystal lens cover

Auto image stabilization

Improved local tone mapping

Improved noise reduction

Face detection

Photo geotagging

Actually -.-, they did and its quite terrible i guess...

1.2‑megapixel photos = .............................................................. 

720p HD video recording

Retina Flash

ƒ/2.4 aperture

Auto HDR for photos

Backside illumination sensor

Exposure control

Improved local tone mapping

Face detection

Timer mode

Burst mode

Groomlake Authority

iphonese-gallery4-2016.thumb.jpg.5817960

Who else has a bad feeling on how only the right side grill is a speaker and the left one just an adornment, like the super budget OPX? .-.

Groomlake Authority

Glad they added Nightshift this should be a standard option for all phones as well as on Windows.

I use Flux on my PC as well as a app on my phone that does the same effect.
It massively reduces eye straining and gives me far better sleep.

RTX2070OC 

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

Or maybe Apple is stuck with a pile of old iPhone displays, which might explain the same size as the older iPhone. Apple is known to make over the top mass order of everything to get insanely good prices, even affected other manufactures from getting their hand on the product.

I don't think so. It's more likely that they are going with the 4" display just because that's what they have used before. iOS is really shit when it comes to handling resolutions (lack of dynamic scaling, and everything gets programmed at specific coordinates) so they are pretty much forced to use the 4" display, use some dirty hacks (like they do on the plus models) or break compatibility (like on the iPhone 5 with the black bars).

1 hour ago, Orangeator said:

The colors are unreal. 

Sadly, they are "unreal" in the "this is not an accurate display" sense.

59 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

Apple cutting corners is probably the last thing I expect. They're pretty much the only manufacturer who actually doesn't cut corners in any of their products and I'm not talking about the visible ones which they intentionally cut to move the industry forward. 

Yeah, no cost cutting corners... Except the 16GB models, the 1.2MP front facing camera, lack of 3D touch, lack of OIS in the camera and lack of the barometer. Not sure if I missed something but that's what I could see on the store page. When reviews comes out we will see if they also cut corners on things like display calibration, NVMe controller and other less-obvious things. They are cutting quite a few corners with the SE. How much they are cutting and how significant those things is up for debate, but the fact that they are cutting some corners is not. They most certainly are.

4 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

-snip-

3D Touch = Gone, Front Camera 5Mp = Gone (Are they really trying to take us back in time or theyr just like "The phones front camera has a higher resolution than the display itself, FFS!", OIS = Not even close, Previous Gen Fingerprint Sensor = ? Any source confirmed that already? 

Theyr website only states:

Fingerprint sensor built into the Home button = Iphone SE

Fingerprint sensor built into the Home button = Iphone 6S/6S Plus.

Groomlake Authority

3 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Sadly, they are "unreal" in the "this is not an accurate display" sense.

Really? I say it has better blacks then the iPhone and prove it then you ignore/do not acknowledge that, but half quote me and say that the display is not accurate? I didn't even say they were accurate, I just basically said the colors pop on the screen and look unreal. Like it is eye candy to look at. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

1 minute ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Any source confirmed that already? 

I've heard some people talk about it but yeah, it seems like nobody has any solid evidence. I'll remove that part for now.

17 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Who else has a bad feeling on how only the right side grill is a speaker and the left one just an adornment, like the super budget OPX? .-.

This has always been the case with iPhone speakers as far as I know. At least beginning with the 5, I don't know about the previous models.

Just now, LAwLz said:

-snip-

Oh thank gods aha. There were loads of strange claims before Apple updated theyr global websites, some even claimed it had 3D Touch and others said it would have a 128Gb version. What im really interested with as of now is its battery life, hopefully acceptable, its display i just checked and its contrast is 800:1 while the 6S is 1400:1 .... so are blacks gonna be white on the SE xd? Gosh. And the ram amount has to be 2Gb, i mean come on, its 2016 for christ sakes. Everything about the phone is great, even tough it does cost 599€ here for the 64Gb version... might aswell buy it on ebay aha, for 539 or 550€. The Front camera resolution is acceptable, since the phones display itself isnt something insane i guess, and its not like were shooting movies with the front camera...

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, Orangeator said:

Really? I say it has better blacks then the iPhone and prove it then you ignore/do not acknowledge that, but half quote me and say that the display is not accurate? I didn't even say they were accurate, I just basically said the colors pop on the screen and look unreal. Like it is eye candy to look at. 

I was joking with you. The setup was too tempting for me to ignore.

The LG G4's display got good black levels but other than that (and brightness) it is fairly mediocre (for a flagship phone). I like the display too, but personally I would gladly trade the oversaturated colors for more accuracy. Different strokes for different folks.

45 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

Surface won't last. It's not great at being a laptop nor its great at being a tablet.

The Surface is WONDERFUL at being a laptop replacement. Also as being a tablet, with Windows 10. However, you don't even need tablet mode because Windows 10 works wonderfully on the Surface. 

The LG G4's display got good black levels but other than that (and brightness) it is fairly mediocre (for a flagship phone). I like the display too, but personally I would gladly trade the oversaturated colors for more accuracy. Different strokes for different folks.

Can say the same thing with the LG G3.

Colors are great and accurate , but the display is not quite bright enough.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

1 minute ago, Nineshadow said:

-snip-

Isnt the G5 capable of outputting over 800 nits of brightness and up to 900 nits? I heard that somewhere, not sure if it was on Android Authority or Pocketnow, but i found that quite "unbelieavable".

Groomlake Authority

Oh, I was like seriously why would you do that. Haha. I personally like over saturated colors (like Samsung phones and LG's) (not for monitors but for phones). Mainly because my homepage/theme is that flat marshmallow type theme with the flat icons and the bright backgrounds. So with the over saturated colors it makes it look amazing. Also when viewing pictures taken during bright sunlight of bright objects the colors really pop. 

Just now, VerticalDiscussions said:

Isnt the G5 capable of outputting over 800 nits of brightness and up to 900 nits? I heard that somewhere, not sure if it was on Android Authority or Pocketnow, but i found that quite "unbelieavable".

Say hello to no more retinas and say goodbye to battery life. Lol. 

2 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Say hello to no more retinas and say goodbye to battery life. Lol. 

Lmao indeed. Imagine tough if its actual real and your kinda sleepy at night and accidently trigger the phone display to max brightness. Temporary blindness or extreme eye strain/headache guaranteed lmao! We need a smartphone with a nightdisplay "safety switch" XD.

Groomlake Authority

Just now, VerticalDiscussions said:

Lmao indeed. Imagine tough if its actual real and your kinda sleepy at night and accidently trigger the phone display to max brightness. Temporary blindness or extreme eye strain/headache guaranteed lmao! We need a smartphone with a nightdisplay "safety switch" XD.

Hahaha, I have an S3 I use like an iPod sorta device (since it has micro sd card support) and it supports up to like 330nits of brightness or something along those lines. I turned it on at night when it was on max brightness and I was like, "damn't". I can't imagine 900nits of brightness at night. It would be like turning on an led flashlight.

10 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

The S7 has a highest peak brightness of ~850 nits, so it's not surprising.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

3 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

-snip-

Next in the LG module line: LG Nightglasses, "We protect your eyesight at night, and you ensure our financial progress". Let the battle of the brightest begin. Next time you know, the actual laser focus of smartphones, will cause permanent blindness if looked at for 5 seconds O--o

Groomlake Authority

2 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Next in the LG module line: LG Nightglasses, "We protect your eyesight at night, and you ensure our financial progress". Let the battle of the brightest begin. Next time you know, the actual laser focus of smartphones, will cause permanent blindness if looked at for 5 seconds O--o

"Larry! I can't see, you said the laser auto focus was off!" 

1 minute ago, Orangeator said:

-snip-

Dont worry, Apples Liam will take care of recycling your eye into the next "ISight" Camera!

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

Who the hell is this 4 inch phone for ? Kindergarten kids ? Pretty sure when people say they want smaller phones they mean 4,5 or 4,7 at most.

people with linus size hands. in fact even this is too big they need to make a 0.5 inch phone for it to barely fit in linus's hand :P

am i the only person who is most excited by the new campus?

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

5 hours ago, Orangeator said:

Safari and Edge.

Worked in Opera.

I think it means you need to have QuickTime installed.

10 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

people with linus size hands. in fact even this is too big they need to make a 0.5 inch phone for it to barely fit in linus's hand :P

Haha @LinusTech shots fired.