Apple's Event Is Live Right Now

Orangeator
1 minute ago, TechGod said:

No...I love my MacBook Pro. Why the hell do you want a monopoly anyway?

Again, not a monopoly. Microsoft DOES NOT make the hardware. Just the OS.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

7 minutes ago, crisro996 said:

I wanted the smaller Pro so much, but then I read your comment. You ruined it! xD

edit: sorry for double posting, just noticed it. How do I merge these 2? 

You can't merge.. it is finished you ruined the Intermet!

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

You can't merge.. it is finished you ruined the Intermet!

You made my day. 

11 minutes ago, crisro996 said:

Better camera, CPU, GPU and faster storage? Why shouldn't they update the specs? The phone is cheaper then their flagship and the smaller (compared to the Plus) 6S so it's a great deal.

Why would someone with an iPhone 5S upgrade to an SE for example? They are mainly sticking with their device because they either think it's still fine or they don't want to pay more for an iPhone 6/6S.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

3 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

Why would someone with an iPhone 5S upgrade to an SE for example? They are mainly sticking with their device because they either think it's still fine or they don't want to pay more for an iPhone 6/6S.

Or maybe Apple is stuck with a pile of old iPhone displays, which might explain the same size as the older iPhone. Apple is known to make over the top mass order of everything to get insanely good prices, even affected other manufactures from getting their hand on the product.

Talking about displays, apparently Apple made a mass order with Samsung for OLED displays. This could mean that the next iPhone will finally have an OLED display.

3 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Or maybe Apple is stuck with a pile of old iPhone displays, which might explain the same size as the older iPhone. Apple is known to make over the top mass order of everything to get insanely good prices, even affected other manufactures from getting their hand on the product.

Talking about displays, apparently Apple made a mass order with Samsung for OLED displays. This could mean that the next iPhone will finally have an OLED display.

Maybe? More like definitely.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

Just checked Apple website on the SE. It also uses the first gen fingerprint scanner and that awful 1.2mp ffc probably from the 5S. 

4 minutes ago, atrash said:

Just checked Apple website on the SE. It also uses the first gen fingerprint scanner and that awful 1.2mp ffc probably from the 5S. 

Even though that $399 is good for a top-specced iPhone it's Apple we're talking about here. Costs had to be cut somewhere for that price to be that low while keeping profit margins.

Ye ole' train

9 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

If they do finally get OLED displays, that would be the first thing apple has done right. However I love the quantum IPS display on my G4. The colors are unreal. 

7 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Really? Somehow trying to bash apple in every little thing

Perhaps you forgot that people like Linus prefer smaller phones especially since small phones never get flagship specs

Plus it's a potentially great product for first timers and it's pretty cheap for the specs you get with it

2 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

Really? Somehow trying to bash apple in every little thing

Perhaps you forgot that people like Linus prefer smaller phones especially since small phones never get flagship specs

Plus it's a potentially great product for first timers and it's pretty cheap for the specs you get with it

Yeah I don't have a problem with the iPhone SE, I have a problem with them saying the new iPad Pro is a PC replacement though, because it is not...

11 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Even though that $399 is good for a top-specced iPhone it's Apple we're talking about here. Costs had to be cut somewhere for that price to be that low while keeping profit margins.

Apple cutting corners is probably the last thing I expect. They're pretty much the only manufacturer who actually doesn't cut corners in any of their products and I'm not talking about the visible ones which they intentionally cut to move the industry forward. 

Remember the time Nexus used to be cheap, there were some real cuts there with speakers, camera, etc. 

9 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

If they do finally get OLED displays, that would be the first thing apple has done right. However I love the quantum IPS display on my G4. The colors are unreal. 

Have you seen the 6S's display? The black level difference when the screen is on and off are really close to zero 

1 minute ago, Orangeator said:

Yeah I don't have a problem with the iPhone SE, I have a problem with them saying the new iPad Pro is a PC replacement though, because it is not...

That I agree. Maybe in the future with more powerful iOS but not now anyway

1 minute ago, RedRound2 said:

Have you seen the 6S's display. The blacks are black and there's literally very close to zero difference when the screen is fully off

76171.png

Yeah the iPhone does have a very black, blacks. Haha, but the G4's display truly is a beauty. Especially with all those pixels. (2k screen)

2 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

You have to understand their point of view. They're saying that for the basic user who just chats online, and surfs the web the iPad Pro would be a better choice. And they're right. My mom only uses a PC for work and an iPad mini for anything else. 

Most of us on this forum couldn't live with an iPad though, but for us a PC is a workhorse, not just a web surfing machine.

Just now, RedRound2 said:

That I agree. Maybe in the future with more powerful iOS but not now anyway

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. I see a lot of potential in the idea. Tablets are just vastly more portable than even the thinnest and lightest laptops in regards to both power efficiency and size. Not to mention that you don't have to suffer from all the legacy bullshit that Windows (and to a lesser extent OS X) has to suffer from. For one, phone apps are designed to accommodate a large variety of resolutions, screen sizes, and modern UI design.You don't have to look at programs that look like they crawled out of 2005.

If they can get productivity software going in both iOS and Android, even if it's just the basic Office type stuff, that alone would be convincing. I mean, gaming's already there with emulators and SOME good freemium games. Not to mention that some software like video editors actually exist.

1 minute ago, shdowhunt60 said:

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. I see a lot of potential in the idea. Tablets are just vastly more portable than even the thinnest and lightest laptops in regards to both power efficiency and size. Not to mention that you don't have to suffer from all the legacy bullshit that Windows (and to a lesser extent OS X) has to suffer from. For one, phone apps are designed to accommodate a large variety of resolutions, screen sizes, and modern UI design.You don't have to look at programs that look like they crawled out of 2005.

If they can get productivity software going in both iOS and Android, even if it's just the basic Office type stuff, that alone would be convincing. I mean, gaming's already there with emulators and SOME good freemium games. Not to mention that some software like video editors actually exist.

Well the surface already has full windows. So if you want a tablet to replace a PC then it is your knight in shining armor. Apple has nothing that can compete with the level it is on. 

14 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

BReally? Somehow trying to bash apple in every little thing

Bashing? Wtf are you talking about?

There is 0 bashing in my post.

Someone needs to go to bed, I see.

Just now, Orangeator said:

Well the surface already has full windows. So if you want a tablet to replace a PC then it is your knight in shining armor. Apple has nothing that can compete with the level it is on. 

That's swell. But Windows is clearly designed to be a desktop OS, has a whole shit ton of legacy baggage, and not to mention you're forced to exclusively use x86 Intel CPU's. Thanks, but no thanks.

1 hour ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Also, that camera protruding on the 9.7" iPad Pro. Lol what. I am supposed to draw on it, right? How the fuck do you expect me to do that when you give me this horrible bump on the back making it wobble like crazy? Don't go "buy a case" on me. Just don't. Your argument is invalid.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

Questions guys...

iPad Pro 9.7inch... is that a camera bump?

If so, how are you supposed to lay it flat to draw without wobbling all over the place?

Camera bump is stupid but i guess they couldn't a fit a 12MP module within its tin body

How will the iPad wobble? The camera is in the corner and iPad will always be resting on the heavier side which is like 98% of the tablet. Basic physics guys

51 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

considering the iPhone 6S doesn't really present anything going for it compared to the 6.

Oh no all 6S had over 6 was force touch, much more powerful CPU/GPU, better camera, better build with 7000 series aluminum, NVMe based storage, better water resistant, much faster and accurate fingerprint sensor (in fact the best), etc. Had more new features than what most other phones get from generation to generation

8 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Surface won't last. It's not great at being a laptop nor its great at being a tablet. What Apple is trying to do ever since iPad Pro 12.9"was to eventually turn iOS into something powerful. As of now it's actually perfect for those who just use their computers for basic tasks in fact better due to portability and battery. Eventually though it's going to evolve an start absorbing more audiences. That's what I think Apple's upto

8 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Bashing? Wtf are you talking about?

There is 0 bashing in my post.

Someone needs to go to bed, I see.

Well you were trying to setup some kind of negative effect on what is IMO an pretty great product. Small phone with flagship specs and cheaper price, just the phone what many people were looking for post-Note years

13 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

Surface will likely last. It actually does both very well. I got 50 of them within 60 feet of me. They are excellent. We have about 20 Pro 3's, 20 Pro 4's and 10 books. They are all excellent products that appeal to a lot of people.

I agree with you on most other points, like the 6S adding a lot over the 6. Hell if the battery life was a bit better I'd have a 6S right now. But you are trying to make battles where there are none with @GoodBytes

To you, and to everybody else in this god-forsaken thread; please try to be objective. Take company bias out of it.

Right. And it looks like Google's leaning into that direction with Android as well, what with the Pixel C and Android N.

I like the idea. Like I said, even when gaming, ARM based devices have far better power efficiency than any Windows laptop or tablet. Low powered devices have much more of a vehicle to grow than PC, which is being choked by legacy bullshit, manufacturing lithographies, duopolies, and just sheer cost as well.

Love how April first is Apple's birthday xD

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

11 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

Surface won't last. It's not great at being a laptop nor its great at being a tablet. What Apple is trying to do ever since iPad Pro 12.9"was to eventually turn iOS into something powerful. As of now it's actually perfect for those who just use their computers for basic tasks in fact better due to portability and battery. Eventually though it's going to evolve an start absorbing more audiences. That's what I think Apple's upto

Sorry but I think you are wrong, Windows 10 runs perfectly and does not hold back the Surface. I have the Surface 3 and it blows any current (and most likely future) iPad out of the water. Apple tablets cannot compete with an i7... The surface is just as portable and light as the iPad and it packs WAY more of a punch and can do everything the iPads can do then a shit load more. Hate to tell you but the Surface is better then the iPad in almost every respective.