Apple's Event Is Live Right Now

Orangeator

To what was being said above - I would personally love to see Apple create a gaming focused computer.  What I would prefer in honesty, is them doing that and then selling the Mac OS like M$ sells their OS, and then basically going about trying to take over the market or at least split it so there is equal support of programs.  That would probably yield some interesting results.  It would have to be in that order, however.  They make a gaming computer, more games and programs port over, and then they sell the OS just as Windows is sold.  Get a Phanteks Evolv ATX and bam.  

I'm actually really interested in the SE, I still have an iPhone 5 (with a few parts replaced by myself) and it's the last iPhone that looks good in my opinion. It has all the cool features of the newer models but stayed small enough (I don't care for phablets), only thing that will probably be shite is the battery. So, either this or S7 for my next upgrade.

144Hz goodness

meh phone and ipad wise idont see that much thats new but then i have lost intrest in the ipad TBH. my 5 year old uses it more.

me thinks me go for a surface pro 4 next

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Questions guys...

apple-iphone-se-ipad-pro-event-verge-474

iPad Pro 9.7inch... is that a camera bump?

If so, how are you supposed to lay it flat to draw without wobbling all over the place?

1 minute ago, jaggysnake57 said:

meh phone and ipad wise idont see that much thats new but then i have lost intrest in the ipad TBH. my 5 year old uses it more.

me thinks me go for a surface pro 4 next

Yeah surface is actually a really good laptop/tablet. I have the surface 3 and it kick ass for office use. The screen is beautiful at that 2k resolution too. Best part is it runs full Windows... Apple cannot beat the Surface.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

3 minutes ago, SurvivorNVL said:

To what was being said above - I would personally love to see Apple create a gaming focused computer.  What I would prefer in honesty, is them doing that and then selling the Mac OS like M$ sells their OS, and then basically going about trying to take over the market or at least split it so there is equal support of programs.  That would probably yield some interesting results.  It would have to be in that order, however.  They make a gaming computer, more games and programs port over, and then they sell the OS just as Windows is sold.  Get a Phanteks Evolv ATX and bam.  

Apple would never go for that. And part of the whole point behind going to Apple is that you don't have to worry about the miriad of possible hardware solutions that litters the PC space. If gaming were to go anywhere, I'd rather it go to Linux. I'd rather counter Windows as an open platform with an even more open platform.

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Questions guys...

iPad Pro 9.7inch... is that a camera bump?

If so, how are you supposed to lay it flat to draw without wobbling all over the place?

yup, there is a bump. 

you're supposed to buy the 100$ or whatever case for it to lay flat.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

5 minutes ago, SurvivorNVL said:

But why? You guys already find pre-build system to be WAY over priced. Why would Apple be any different, amongst all companies, when they have a reputation to have an Apple branding tax? Sure, Apple has really good designers, and while not always, they do come out with some really nice looking things, but gamers aren't interested in the "non-gaming" look, and that is fact, based on sales number.

Pretty sure Macs will get their attention at WWDC.

Also, that camera protruding on the 9.7" iPad Pro. Lol what. I am supposed to draw on it, right? How the fuck do you expect me to do that when you give me this horrible bump on the back making it wobble like crazy? Don't go "buy a case" on me. Just don't. Your argument is invalid.

Ye ole' train

3 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

-snip-

"Let me be completely clear: this is the best digital drawing tool there has ever been." Christopher Phin, CreativeBloq. Done, answered...

Groomlake Authority

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

But why? You guys already find pre-build system to be WAY over priced. Why would Apple be any different, amongst all companies, when they have a reputation to have an Apple branding tax? Sure, Apple has really good designers, and while not always, they do come out with some really nice looking things, but gamers aren't interested in the "non-gaming" look, and that is fact, based on sales number.

Let's not forget that the $4000 Mac Pro is still using 4 year old FirePros and Sandy Bridge Xeons.

Just now, GoodBytes said:

Some people do.  I do see the place for pre-builts for some portion of the population.  I know a number of people who will pay the premium to be able to game on a Mac device, simply due to their enjoyment of the ecosystem and the OS.  Apple would have a branding tax, but I am sure it would have an impact on the market, and it may make a bit of a shift or it may not.  Either way - if Apple were to do it, they have the money to be able to try that venture, and it could pay to be quite the success or a flop.  

For myself I would be gunning on it paving the way for the Mac OS to being sold.  They just need the hardware support, but there's a number of people doing Hackintosh builds lately.  Strangely enough - nVidia apparently works best in a Hackintosh.

http://www.androidauthority.com/iphone-se-specs-features-availability-681282/

Apple has just announced the iPhone SE, which is supposedly “the most powerful 4-inch phone ever.” It looks like an iPhone 5s on the outside, but has upgraded internals that are more in line with the iPhone 6 and 6s. It features a 4.0-inch LCD display, an Apple A9 processor with embedded M9 coprocessor, a 12MP iSight rear camera with True Tone flash and a front camera with Retina flash. Unsurprisingly, it comes with support for Apple Pay, 3D Touch and sports a Touch ID-enabled physical home button on the front.

3D touch on the Iphone SE? Did i miss something while watching the presentation or is the author of this article at android authority on "drugs from Apple"....? Since when did it became IOS authority anyways Lol

Groomlake Authority

3 hours ago, shdowhunt60 said:

Let's not forget that the $4000 Mac Pro is still using 4 year old FirePros and Sandy Bridge Xeons.

The best part is you can get old Sandy Bridge 8 core Xeons for about 70 bucks on EBay. I got the E5 2670 8 core in my system right now and I got it for 65 bucks. 

My Work in Progress PC http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/522048-xeon-build/ <-- That PC was built but never booted:(

My Work in Progress PC 2.0 https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/540583-xeon-build-20-code-name-xenox (Hopefully this one boots.) 

I'm starting to question if what I saw is true, but did anyone else notice the speakers (looking) at the top of the iPad pro? 

I swear I saw it above the camera with the lock. 

If it's true then so much for the logic of being able to use any current iPad 9.7inch case because it won't have the cutouts for the speakers at the top. 

10 minutes ago, Trey222 said:

The best part is you can get old Sandy Bridge 8 core Xeons for about 70 bucks on EBay. I got the E5 2670 8 core in my system right now and I got it for 65 bucks. 

I've seen dual socket-2011 boards going for about $200 as well. There's also a ton of decomissioned Dell workstations built around those Xeons going for $400.

Super impressed by that iPhone

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

11 minutes ago, Trey222 said:

Two of those 2670's out perform a i7-5960x in multi threaded tasks just so you know. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

53 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

I truly hope they get rid of Macs. If they could just stick to making truly powerful phones and tablets and PC's stick to making laptops and desktops, the world will be a better place. Lol.

No...I love my MacBook Pro. Why the hell do you want a monopoly anyway?

Fun fact: the iPhone shown in the "Meet Liam" recycling video isn't an existing iPhone. The camera lens doesn't protrude yet it's not an iPhone 5S but an iPhone 6S design yet the 6(S) has that nasty protruding camera. What's going on here...

Ye ole' train

So why would you buy this over an Iphone 5S , other than the fact that the former won't be available anymore? It's by no means a slow device. It still moves pretty damn fast.

It looks to me like Apple is trying to appeal to a certain user base to see how big it actually is, while also selling a 2013 device with internal specs of a current-generation smartphone, at a higher price ofc.

Concerning prices , I've just looked at some prices for the 5S here. It's $440 for the 16GB version. Seriously? An LG G4 is cheaper than that (and it's in a 32GB version too) ! Heck , I spent about the same on my LG G3 when it was still LG's flagship.

As far as why people still use the iPhone 5/5S , it's because they still work and the higher prices of last-gen devices. I have a few classmates with 5S-s, they mostly bought them after the 6 launched because it was cheaper. And the phones are still working just fine, so why upgrade, considering the iPhone 6S doesn't really present anything going for it compared to the 6.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

1 minute ago, Nineshadow said:

So why would you buy this over an Iphone 5S , other than the fact that the former won't be available anymore? It's by no means a slow device. It still moves pretty damn fast.

It looks to me like Apple is trying to appeal to a certain user base to see how big it actually is, while also selling a 2013 device with internal specs of a current-generation smartphone, at a higher price ofc.

Concerning prices , I've just looked at some prices for the 5S here. It's $440 for the 16GB version. Seriously? An LG G4 is cheaper than that (and it's in a 32GB version too) ! Heck , I spent about the same on my LG G3 when it was still LG's flagship.

As far as why people still use the iPhone 5/5S , it's because they still work and the higher prices of last-gen devices. I have a few classmates with 5S-s, they mostly bought them after the 6 launched because it was cheaper. And the phones are still working just fine, so why upgrade, considering the iPhone 6S doesn't really present anything going for it compared to the 6.

Better camera, CPU, GPU and faster storage? Why shouldn't they update the specs? The phone is cheaper then their flagship and the smaller (compared to the Plus) 6S so it's a great deal.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

-snip-

I wanted the smaller Pro so much, but then I read your comment. You ruined it! xD

edit: sorry for double posting, just noticed it. How do I merge these 2?