The Division developer concedes PC version was downgraded to stay “in check” with consoles [Update - Ubisoft in Damage Control]

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
6 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

I don't want to buy it anymore.

So you wanted to buy it before this was said by one anonymous game dev? 

Did the game change from the moment before you read it to after? 

I thought it was a boring game to begin  with and the beta didn't help my opinion 

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

8 hours ago, Humbug said:

LOL, unfair?

how is it unfair. Each platform should be utilized in the optimal manner.

but considering that Ubisoft struggles to get their games running smoothly maybe it's for the best.

8 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

one problem can't be solved by creating another. 

That and remember using the mod to unlock the E3 Effects in Watchdogs actually improved the performance...

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

2 minutes ago, zacRupnow said:

That and remember using the mod to unlock the E3 Effects in Watchdogs actually improved the performance...

It didn't unlock any hidden effects, it was nearly all new code

EDIT: here's a direct quote  of the mid developer 

I had made lots of changes since the first release of the mod, it's not a really well known game and also not so popular like gta but it was fun while it lasted, thanks /u/MonsuirJenkins for explaining. Also due to many issues with the installer that was made along with MalDo I coudn't make too many versions of the mod for all people's taste. Only 2 or 3 files that previously existed in the game files were used and even those were modified quite a lot.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

13 minutes ago, Sharkyx1 said:

Sources :

Lower sales numbers on PC

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-pc-accounts-for-nearly-a-quarter-of-ubisofts-first-quarter-sales/

And Ubi reporting PS4 makes up a larger portion of their revenue than PC. Current Gen consoles  make up 38% of revenue,nearly double PCs 23%.and that's with only two feature levels compared to the many many more of PC

The PC accounted for 23 percent of Ubisoft's sales this quarter, an amount only (and only slightly) surpassed by the PlayStation 4, which totaled 27 percent of sales. Xbox One sales made up just 11 percent of Ubisoft's sales for the quarter, as did the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The Wii U came in a distant last with three percent, and "other"—mobile and ancillaries—grabbed the remaining 14 percent.

You're looking at Ubisoft.
What was the last game from Ubisoft that was decent on PC?

Name Original release Platforms
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands 2016 Win, XBO, PS4
For Honor 2016 Win, PS4, XBO
TrackMania Turbo 2016 Win, PS4, XBO
Far Cry Primal 2016 PS4, Xbox One, PC
South Park: The Fractured But Whole 2016 PS4, XBO, Win
Tom Clancy's The Division 2016 PS4, XBO, Win
Toy Soldiers: War Chest 2015 Win, XBO, PS4
Assassin's Creed Chronicles 2015 Win, PS4, XBO
Assassin's Creed Syndicate 2015 Win, PS4, XBO
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege 2015 Win, PS4, XBO
Grow Home 2015 Win, PS4
Anno 2205 2015 Win
Just Dance 2016 2015 PS3, PS4, X360, XBO, Wii, WiiU
Driver Speedboat Paradise 2015 iOS, Android
Assassin's Creed Identity 2015 iOS
Tetris Ultimate 2014 Win, XBO, PS4, 3DS, PSVita
The Crew 2014 Win, X360, XBO, PS4
Watch Dogs 2014 Win, X360, XBO, PS3, PS4, WiiU
Assassin's Creed Unity 2014 Win, PS4, XBO
Far Cry 4 2014 Win, PS3, X360, PS4, XBO
Might & Magic X: Legacy 2014 Win
Trials Fusion 2014 PS4, X360, XBO, Win
Assassin's Creed Rogue 2014 PS3, X360, Win
South Park: The Stick of Truth 2014 PS3, X360, Win
Valiant Hearts: The Great War 2014 PS3, PS4, X360, XBO, Win
Just Dance 2015 2014 PS3, PS4, X360, XBO, Wii, WiiU
Child of Light 2014 PS3, PS4, PSVita, WiiU, Win, X360, XBO

Assassins' Creeds have disgusting performance issues, obvious that sales will suck.
Six Siege wasn't a best game, I had problems with the release - I returned it within two hours:
liJxCDx.jpg

Obvious driver issues. Textures aren't even loading.

Anno 2205? Only for PC. So Ubisoft does make games only for PC, what a surprise.

The Crew?
Decent sales all across the board.

Watch Dogs? Shitty optimisation on PC, Graphical Downgrade and performance issues.

Far Cry 4? No figures available per platform.

Don't give me that "it's not profitable" bullshit, since Star Citizen made from PC Only game over 900 milion bucks.

"Oh but it's star citizen"

They sold an idea of a game. It's not even a game yet. But they cared about the PC superiority over consoles, and on that sole basis they got showered with cash.

The sales on PC for Ubisoft suck, because they have a SHIT track record, and PROVEN downgrades on PC. (Watch Dogs, downgrades of The Division.) And, they make casual only games, which are for general public.

And that general public, is mostly playing on Consoles. Which is why you get the results you get.

Make good PC games, you'll get good PC scores and sales.

4 hours ago, SeriousDad69 said:

You're in the extreme minority. Most PC gamers are playing CSGO, LoL and Dota on Intel HD graphics.

Wat. http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

Intel graphics are only 18.49% on ALL OF STEAM, and I think that also includes people who don't use Intel graphics but has the ability too. There's over 80% of people who have dedicated GPU's. Over 40% of those 80% of dedicated GPU's are at most 3 generations old(AMD 7000, Nvidia 600).

So no, "most" PC gamers have a dedicated GPU and they have a dedicated GPU for a reason.

2 hours ago, SeriousDad69 said:

$500 for a dedicated GPU is extremely in the minority. Most of people that have dedicated GPUs have ones that are around $150 to $350 including older cards from 2013 and before.

And that's why I said; the majority of the gamers who play triple A games like this have moderate ($150-350) to high-end GPUs. My point was what you said earlier was irrelevant to this topic/discussion. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

4 minutes ago, EChondo said:

Wat. http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

Intel graphics are only 18.49% on ALL OF STEAM, and I think that also includes people who don't use Intel graphics but has the ability too. There's over 80% of people who have dedicated GPU's. Over 40% of those 80% of dedicated GPU's are at most 3 generations old(AMD 7000, Nvidia 600).

So no, "most" PC gamers have a dedicated GPU and they have a dedicated GPU for a reason.

I think some people forget that also "Majority" of PC players don't use Steam.
It's surprising, I know - but there are people that don't use it. I'm on 295x2 and I don't use Steam, so I'm obviously not a part of these statistics.

What about most people in Poland, which is majorly a PC Gaming mecca. Not a lot of people game on consoles there. And none of the friends I know use Steam either.
Why you might ask?

Because a game there costs 40£. When in normal Polish store, you'll pay 20£ for a Game. 14£ on Polish version of E-bay, for a CD-Key.

People love to throw statistics around, when it fits their small picture. There are milions of people around the world that just don't use Steam, although it has been widely accepted on Forums like this one that "Steam is THE shit."

9 minutes ago, raendeu said:

Snip 

Actually ubisoft is one of the more profitable companies on  PC, and that 22% stat is  usually used as a positive defence of pc. But you asked for sources and I provided one and you smacked it down without any sources mind you 

All those games that you Bat away as casual are the ones that sell, watch dogs sold really well on PC and so do the assassins Creed games, Far cry 4 was good, steam spy reports 600k for that, and it doesn't include Uplay sales

PC makes up almost a quarter of ubisoft revenue and more than double the Xbox One, they don't treat  it like a  second class citizen like they used to, but PC isn't the majority for any major developer 

Witcher 3 PC was the smallest portion 

Same with MGSV

Rare cases like skyrim it's about 50/50

Just now, raendeu said:

I think some people forget that also "Majority" of PC players don't use Steam.
It's surprising, I know - but there are people that don't use it. I'm on 295x2 and I don't use Steam, so I'm obviously not a part of these statistics

What about most people in Poland, which is majorly a PC Gaming mecca. Not a lot of people game on consoles there. And yet, not a lot of people use Steam either.
Why you might ask?

Because a game there costs 40£. When in normal Polish store, you'll pay 20£ for a Game. 14£ on Polish version of E-bay, for a CD-Key.

People love to throw statistics around, when it fits their small picture.

Well for a service that is used all over the world and has millions of users, don't you think it's a better statistic than nothing? Sure, a lot of people don't use Steam, but a lot of people do. Just because not a lot don't doesn't mean that Steam's numbers are irrelevant. Also @SeriousDad69 mentioned "CSGO, LoL and Dota", which two of the three require Steam to even download the game and I don't know a single LoL player who doesn't also have a Steam account.

Also where are your sources for the whole "a lot of people" in Poland don't use Steam? Or is this just hearsay?

sigh :( was such a good game too...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

sigh :( was such a good game too...

Then that means you should just have fun with it 

Since even is being  an equal so terrible 

This game has 

-arbitrary resolution support 

-multi gpu

-good optimization 

-vast options menu 

-looks pretty good 

I didn't like it, but politics is just that, just play games that are fun. 

20 minutes ago, EChondo said:

Also where are your sources for the whole "a lot of people" in Poland don't use Steam? Or is this just hearsay?

Financial perspective.

Steam does not support Polish currency. People located in Poland have to buy games through Euros, which gives it 3.4x the price of the game.

I.e. GTA V costs 60 Euros, which is 267 PLN.

Cost in normal polish store (Like Polish equivalent of Walmart or Tesco) - 170 PLN. (37 EUR)

Because of that, none of my friends have used Steam. The ones that did - Never bought games from there.

Would you use Steam, if you can buy a game for 26 Euros instead of 60? Even with 50% Discount, that's still 30 Euros - which is only 7 euros cheaper than a standard game from the store.

I think it's hard to prove how can you "not" use something. Steam can prove how many people "use" their format of gaming. I can't really provide a source, as I don't have any statistic of who is or isn't a gamer.

I could compare it by the people that own Windows 7 up to Windows 10, but not all of them are Gamers. I think you see my point?

It's a general consensus based on experience and financial responsibility.

I wonder what will happen when VR makes this unsustsinsble, what then pc gets 360 era graphics or worst for the sake of the console VR experience? 

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 hour ago, Sharkyx1 said:

I said this else where. I'll say it again, the game is 60$ or your regional equivalent on PS4 Xbox One, and PC. It doesn't matter if you paid 300$ for a PST or 3000$ for an overbuilt PC, Ubi doesn't get a cut off either of those so what reason do  they have to invest significantly more into the pc version. 

Do you think it's fair to say that one person should get more for $60 than another? 

so according to you Rockstar should have downgraded the GTA 5 to make it look like PC becasue it's just not fair that PC gamers get more for what you paid on console which can't possible support it ? and who's fault is that it couldn't run all of the stuff that runs as it does on PC? 

that doesn't make sense, i can't possible hear a better audio on my cheap ear phone, guess it's time all the bands release their album in 128 kbps, since its not fair a better ear phones can play audio files better for the same price you paid. 

PS

17 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

By that logic PC games shouldn't have keyboard and mouse support

PPS 

Multiquote exists for a reason.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

6 hours ago, Lazmarr said:

But what if it isn't the fault of the consoles but rather the fact and fault that Ubisoft couldn't be bothered - or wanted - to invest the time, effort and funds into the extra production of the PC version?

Almost all of the disables effects (downgrade) were a part of the build at some point. Also, remeber the snowdrop engine videos? The tech is there, it's jus a matter of turning it on/off plus optimizations (that is no problem for a AAA monster like U-be-soft)

BTW a small video with comparisons of the final shit and the e3 about what things have been disabled: You might find it interesting.

Oh, and #FuckUbisoft

HARDWARE INTERRUPT MOTHAF#%A!
WINDOWS 10 = adware, driven by spyware

Ubisoft is in damage control now, but since this came from a developer, I kind of believe them, even what after happened with Watchdogs, either way, I think this meme goes well in this situation: 

Spoiler

8b1.png

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

SOMEONE IS GETTING FIRED TODAY.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Huh, at the same time

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

3 hours ago, Lethal Seraph said:

So our gaming brothers on consoles holding us back again... damn.

Yet again there's a myriad of people blowing this whole thing out of proportion, but I'm going to pick on you since you think consoles are somehow holding the PC platform back.

A long while ago, nearly everyone on the internet was bitching about other people bitching about graphics. "Graphics don't matter! It's all in the gameplay!" Now PC gamers like to nitpick at graphics on PC versions of games and shit on it if it doesn't meet expectations. I mean, a lot of people on this very forum were extremely upset that Witcher 3 didn't look like it did in the trailers and footage from conventions, on the PC version. Yet when everyone played the game, OH MY GOD THIS IS DEH BESTEST ARRPEEGEE EVERRR!11

Now here we you are, blaming consoles for holding back the PC versions of cross-platform titles, as if the console market has any physical control over the developer's pipeline. Last I checked, they do what they can to dump the game on us in a timely fashion and at least try to make enough people happy enough to buy the game - they don't even have to since they're all so good at marketing that millions of people will pre-order the game without even thinking for two seconds, and makes publishers their money back before the damn game is even out yet.

Are you, personally guilty of pre-ordering Fallout 4? If not, look at the people who were bitching about the graphics in that game; bitching about the bugs yet there's this majority of people who are content with it because "aw it's just Bethesda it's ok". No, it's not.

We probably agree on some thing, but I'm disagreeing with you here. Gamers are what's holding back gaming. You pick what you want with your wallet. If you don't think The Division deserves money, don't buy it. If you think the console market is holding back PC gaming, then I have a reality check for you: there's PC exclusive titles right now that don't look anywhere near as detailed as The Division (I've actually played it and it looks fine for what it is - I'm going to buy it if it is well received by reviewers because the beta didn't impress me enough to lay down $60, personally), nor have they received the attention to detail that the PC version deserves.

Anyways, gonna hop off your dick. but just to be clear, this was aimed at all of the other whiners in this thread, bitching for the wrong reasons. You just got picked out because I really don't like your argument, especially.

EDIT: I forgot to add this. Anyone remember how long it took for the GTA 5 version to finally release? Despite Rockstar's fuckups with mods and stuff, the PC version was handled nicely and actually functioned on my end for the most part, with some minor annoyances sure. They listened to what the PC community wanted, and delivered on most of it. Yet people were bitching about how long it took. lol

3 hours ago, Sharkyx1 said:

I said this else where. I'll say it again, the game is 60$ or your regional equivalent on PS4 Xbox One, and PC. It doesn't matter if you paid 300$ for a PST or 3000$ for an overbuilt PC, Ubi doesn't get a cut off either of those so what reason do  they have to invest significantly more into the pc version. 

That is a reasonable claim that I would agree with. :)

3 hours ago, Sharkyx1 said:

Do you think it's fair to say that one person should get more for $60 than another? 

If they invest in better hardware yes. If I buy dodge charger, should a lambo be limited to give me a better racing experience on a track? 

I know that as a pc gamer I am not entitled to have the perfect game, but it used to be in Ubisoft's best interest to make a track on which people can race freelyand if you, as a gamer, want a better driving experience, you invest more money. I am only using the car analogy as I think it fits.

With regards to you former comment, I knew they weren't adding mod support, I'm sorry if I made it sound that way.

Also post was updated and it looks like they are saying that it is not being held back which makes me happier. If the division comes out as a purposeful PC game with amazing graphics that I may or may not be able to run, I will be very happy with Ubisoft and fully support their game.:D

Corsair Graphite 760T (Black) - Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P (rev 1.0) - AMD FX-8320E (OC 3.5Ghz) - Asus STRIX GTX 970 (OC 1200) - Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB (4x4GB) - EVGA Supernova G2 750W - Corsair Force LX 256GB SSD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB - 3x Corsair 140mm AF fans with green painted rings and 2x 120mm SP quiets with rings painted green on a Cooler Master Nepton 240M - 3D printed stealth MOBO shroud with painted green accents - Lots of razer peripherals and random chords.

5 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Stop buying the consoles, stop buying the games on the consoles, and their attitudes will change.

Why should consoles not exist so that the corporate world would stop screwing us over? 

Change can only start with themselves.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

3 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

so according to you Rockstar should have downgraded the GTA 5 to make it look like console becasue it's just not fair that PC gamers get more for what you paid on console which can't possible support it ? and who's fault is that it couldn't run all of the stuff that runs as it does on PC? 

I'm sorry,but that is a terrible example  ubisoft is doing exactly what rockstar did with GTA V,  same base  game with same features and a few extras above and beyond 

What features does GTA V have above the console release than The Division, or a Watch_Dogs or witcher didn't have? I'll wait for my answer 

Also I don't know how to multi quote on mobile

3 hours ago, Astralify said:

Almost all of the disables effects (downgrade) were a part of the build at some point. Also, remeber the snowdrop engine videos? The tech is there, it's jus a matter of turning it on/off plus optimizations (that is no problem for a AAA monster like U-be-soft)

BTW a small video with comparisons of the final shit and the e3 about what things have been disabled: You might find it interesting.

Oh, and #FuckUbisoft

Exactly The effects are there xD so it's likely Ubisoft didn't want to invest the time into making it playable on current end hardware.

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD