The Division developer concedes PC version was downgraded to stay “in check” with consoles [Update - Ubisoft in Damage Control]

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
2 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

And who thought consoles "didn't hold back" PC gaming? Prime example right here that consoles need to fuck off and die.

I know this an extreme viewpoint, but I really have to agree. It's extremely insulting to have to deal with this crap year after year from these same companies that then say "We care about PC gamers".

I think I've bought 3-4 times more Indie games in the past 2 years than AAA games, and frankly I don't see that changing anytime soon.

1 hour ago, Godlygamer23 said:

I wonder how big of a difference exists between the three besides the frame rate.

PC is probably E3 like while the consoles being close together.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

5 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

And who thought consoles "didn't hold back" PC gaming? Prime example right here that consoles need to fuck off and die.

If consoles died tomorrow so many studios would instantly go bust that gaming would crash and die too.

Like it or not consoles are the bread & butter of gaming, PCs are the niche market.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I didn't spend ££££ on my pc to get a £300 experience..

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

If consoles died tomorrow so many studios would instantly go bust that gaming would crash and die too.

Like it or not consoles are the bread & butter of gaming, PCs are the niche market.

niche market that generates the lion share of game revenues always

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

God dam it 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

My point still stands that consoles are in the way from PC being used to full potential. It's such a crime that PC is treated like a piece of meat all in "the sake of fairness." It's bullshit and PC gamers have every right to be upset.

And just when I thought Ubisoft turned a corner. Lol.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

1 minute ago, suicidalfranco said:

niche market that generates the lion share of game revenues always

Oh yeah. Were more informed than console users and willing to spend money on a product that meets expectations but were also willing to ignore anything that doesn't meet our exacting standards and voice our concerns about dodgy businesses and business practices.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

4 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

My point still stands that consoles are in the way from PC being used to full potential. It's such a crime that PC is treated like a piece of meat all in "the sake of fairness." It's bullshit and PC gamers have every right to be upset.

And just when I thought Ubisoft turned a corner. Lol.

Oh yeah, I was just making the point that without consoles we'd not have a PC gaming market.

Its the classic catch 22, consoles are holding PCs back (that's undeniable) however they're also the only reason most studios make PC games at all anymore.

9 minutes ago, mikeeginger said:

God dam it 

2523219040_f329335fa8_o-vi.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Well, that is another game I will not buy. Seriously I think I will never buy another Ubi game judging by their track record...

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

#FuckKonami is dead, long live resurrected #FuckUbisoft

This time the reanimated corpse can stay for good. I'm going to research a word filter plugin for my browser that will hide anything that has to do with REDACTED PUBLISHER.

Wouldn't be much more effort than manually going to every REDACTED PUBLISHER game on Steam and clicking "not interested". There are about 140. I did that.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

16 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Honestly, who cares?  You know a pro modder is going to fix this! xD  However, I do agree that paid off developers + lazy developers need to gtfo.  And, this is coming from a game dev major.  -.-

You should care... The Division is MMO-like, which gives them more of a right to ban (if possible) you due to changing the game files.

Looking at GTA, there was a fiasco with Rockstar and modders, despite there being a single player aspect of the game. Modding should really never be used as an excuse for terrible design.

There's a part just after that in the video that is quite interresting (14:10). 

The guy says that the console versions have an option to turn certain lighting effects to get a better framerate. That is pretty cool !! I always wondered why there was no such options on console in games that struggle to just keep it at 30fps. Like you don't care about fps ? Just leave it as is. Getting annoyed ? Turn shit down a little bit. No need for 20 toggles an multiple types of AA that no console gamer would understand. Just a high fps option. It's just great for higher fps awareness among console gamers. 

That's a great move from Ubi. GG

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

The first part was sarcasm and a joke.

Sorry :/, but from what I see, there is no "/s" inside your first part. Explicitly declare your sarcism, or be taken seriously when you mix sarcasm and your real points together like that. 

2 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

-snip-

2 hours ago, HKZeroFive said:

Pathetic excuse. That's all I have to say.

2 hours ago, Minsekt said:

Watch Dogs 2.0

What a surprise!

2 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

And this is how you stall progress.

But what if it isn't the fault of the consoles but rather the fact and fault that Ubisoft couldn't be bothered - or wanted - to invest the time, effort and funds into the extra production of the PC version?
Or perhaps their engine just ins't capable of the fidelity of the graphical 'engine' that was shown at E3?

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

Another great game concept that gets the Ubisoft treatment. 

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

I feel like this REALLY sums up the attitude of consumers these days.

"What? Someone with a $5,000 PC is getting a better experience than I am on my $400 console? I'M OUTRAGED!"

"Not fair"? Give me a break. I didn't spend over $500 on a graphics card to have the "same" experience as a console user. I did so to have a BETTER experience than a console user. 

Consoles have their place. Don't hate the consoles, hate the game devs who make silly decisions like this. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

When I built my PC a lot of friends made comments about my costs. Particularly, "you're graphics was over $300!?!?! Why not just buy a console and cheap computer then?" My answer was "I'm paying and building for a overall nicer looking and better exp." But then these devs go and fuck it up!

I understand you don't want to upset a chunk of your audience but I would hope they (consumers) understand the difference between a +$1000 system vs a $250-300 one. They should expect the PC version to look better. When I was a console game I didn't bitch about the difference in quality. I accepted it and built my own PC. Now that I have one, I keep running into AAA games that are either catering towards console gamer or releasing ultra buggy PC ports.

Devs doing this is just stalling overall development. It's letting Sony and Microsoft get away with building only slightly powerful consoles. Devs should be making a game that pushes those systems to the limits and forces Sony and Microsoft to make something better! (not adding Nintendo because their always behind :PNot bending to - what I assume but hope isn't the case - backdoor deal/threats from those companies to dumb down the game.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Boo hoo hoo my version of the game is only moderately better than the other versions of the game instead of extremely better.

20 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

"Not fair"? Give me a break. I didn't spend over $500 on a graphics card to have the "same" experience as a console user. I did so to have a BETTER experience than a console user. 

Consoles have their place. Don't hate the consoles, hate the game devs who make silly decisions like this. 

You're in the extreme minority. Most PC gamers are playing CSGO, LoL and Dota on Intel HD graphics.

Looking more into it, I think we are all just jumping the gun. First of all, I don't think he is talking about the graphics of the game, but rather the core mechanics. The PC beta didn't look that bad from what I've seen, so this does not seem like another Watchdogs fiasco. Of course, multi-platform games are limited in terms of the core mechanics. I'm sure that if the game was PC only, it would have had so much more mechanics and stuff inside the game, but their goal isn't to release a completely different core game on the PC. I'm pretty sure this is just a norm when dealing with games on multiple platforms. Same reason why we wouldn't see games completely utilizing 8 cores as a minimum spec because most customers wouldn't meet that requirement.

So lame how lately games are just broken bad port and unoptimized. On top of that, the slap in the face making it look less fancy in order to keep closer to console visuals, like really?! How sad. This needs to stop.

Saying PC version being developed separately and not just straight up port. Oh really? Maybe it is for some games, but visuals are still clearly held back, cause of console pressure.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |