The Division developer concedes PC version was downgraded to stay “in check” with consoles [Update - Ubisoft in Damage Control]

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

This 

50 minutes ago, CakeandRubix said:

That is a reasonable claim that I would agree with. :)

If they invest in better hardware yes. If I buy dodge charger, should a lambo be limited to give me a better racing experience on a track? 

Where this argument doesn't really snap together is that you don't have to add to a race track to support faster cars. What ubisoft is doing isn't forcing a Lambo to go at the speed of a focus,  they just aren't adding significantly to the feature set above what consoles are doing. You can still get, unlocked frame rate and resolution, better textures, higher resolution effects, longer draw distances, 16x AF, better AA and many other things, people freak out when they see that headline but the difference between them is pretty significant 

I know that as a pc gamer I am not entitled to have the perfect game, but it used to be in Ubisoft's best interest to make a track on which people can race freelyand if you, as a gamer, want a better driving experience, you invest more money. I am only using the car analogy as I think it fits.

Ubisoft has only gotten better with pc work, watch dogs and recent AC as well as the division all have unlocked frame rates unlike ac2  and it's side games where brother hood  would drop below 60 on  modern systems and AC3 which is just horrendous 

Also post was updated and it looks like they are saying that it is not being held back which makes me happier. If the division comes out as a purposeful PC game with amazing graphics that I may or may not be able to run, I will be very happy with Ubisoft and fully support their game.:D

Nothing is there to say they aren't just damage controlling, but plenty said the beta had amazing graphics,but just hearing  that they are kept "in line with console"all of a sudden makes people think the graphics are worse 

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

This dev and any devs who share his view should be outed and blacklisted from the videogame industry. This guy and his mentality is holding back the industry.

Also, who gives a fuck about fair, and how is this unfair anyway? My graphics cards alone cost twice as much as either of these shitbox consoles do, so if anything is unfair it would be the fact that PC gamers that spend money on capable hardware are intentionally and artificially held back by inferior console graphic capabilities.

Gaming Rig: Asus Z87 Pro, i5-4670k, EVGA Supernova 1000 P2, Corsair Carbide Air 540, NZXT Kraken X60, G.SKILL Ripjaws X (4 x 8GB @ 2133), 2 x EVGA GTX 980 SC, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, 2 x HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200rpm

Plex Server/Couch Gamer: Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5, i7 4790k, Corsair HX750, Fractal Node 804, Deepcool Captain 240 AIO, G.SKILL Sniper Series (4 x 8GB @ 1866), MSI Lightning 780, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200rpm.

4 hours ago, Kloaked said:

-snip-

Funny since my post was just my reaction. Though the developer should have just shut his mouth about the entire ordeal, they wouldn't have to do this. 

But yeah, Fallout 4 pre-order but $32 only since its to steep to pass. As for the whole issue, I agree you decide with your wallet but devs should add a disclaimer on their early builds. But I do understand they have to market shit for the vast coconsole populace.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

1 minute ago, Lethal Seraph said:

Funny since my post was just my reaction.

Reaction? That's a copyright strike for you

4 hours ago, Sharkyx1 said:

I'm sorry,but that is a terrible example  ubisoft is doing exactly what rockstar did with GTA V,  same base  game with same features and a few extras above and beyond 

What features does GTA V have above the console release than The Division, or a Watch_Dogs or witcher didn't have? I'll wait for my answer 

so was yours, all you are doing here is cherry picking. and rockstar didn't hold PC back just becasue you thought console players need to get the same experience. what else should i make you to understand this ? ubisoft here are making PC versions look similar to console for what no one asked it to be.

and let me bring something you are avoiding to answer, 

8 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

that doesn't make sense, i can't possible hear a better audio on my cheap ear phone, guess it's time all the bands release their album in 128 kbps, since its not fair a better ear phones can play audio files better for the same price you paid. 

8 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

By that logic PC games shouldn't have keyboard and mouse support

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Only a rumor then, we'll see

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

The best part, while some people had said it isn;t E3 graphics, most were still impressed and okay with the gfx of Division before this whole whoohah.

2 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

so was yours, all you are doing here is cherry picking.

How was i cherry picking? i picked games that were known for their "downgrade" when they were very similar to their console release.

and rockstar didn't hold PC back just becasue you thought console players need to get the same experience. what else should i make you to understand this ?

How do you think this with no evidence? do you only believe that R* didn't downgrade it because they didn't say they did? I see nothing exceedingly different than what Ubisoft is doing, there are a couple settings you can increase beyond Console like draw distance and extreme density settings and better shadows

I'm still waiting for that answer

What features does GTA V have above the console release than The Division, or a Watch_Dogs or witcher didn't have? I'll wait for my answer 

Because GTA V is very similar to its console release as well.

And let me remind you that they too downgraded from original anouncement

b3VsJ8E.jpg

Someone tried to tell me that their PC game looked like the top screen and that was just the regular PC release, it was a good joke, but they were serious.

This is what it actually looks like on ultra on PC

ubisoft here are making PC versions look similar to console for what no one asked it to be.

http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/7/5/0/0/6/6/PS4_007.bmp.jpg/EG11/quality/90/format/jpg

http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/7/5/0/0/6/6/PC_007.bmp.jpg/EG11/quality/90/format/jpg

jpgjpg

Spoiler

jpg

jpg

jpgjpg

Are These anything if not "Similar looking"

sure there are situations where PC is better by a margin

http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/7/5/0/0/6/6/PS4_006.bmp.jpg/EG11/quality/90/format/jpgjpg

http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/7/5/0/0/6/6/PC_006.bmp.jpg/EG11/quality/90/format/jpg

jpg

The Division too has settings that exceed the Console Variants

Spoiler

Certain other benefits come to the fore by running the PC version on maxed. Firstly, there's the draw distance; we have an 'extreme streaming distance' slider in its options, which affords us fewer instances of pop-in on shadows and distant objects. From the very first helicopter fly-by scene, it's apparent PC already loads much of the geometry on show ahead of time, while PS4 still visibly draws these elements in on-the-fly. The extent of the difference is less apparent while walking New York's streets, but it's one distraction PC can happily side-step, as long as greater GPU resources are available.

Perhaps the more enviable difference is in shadow quality. PC offers a multitude of modes in this area, including presets for spot and contact shadows - plus the expensive Nvidia PCSS option. Outdoors, this mode gives shadows a more diffused appearance than the console versions, and takes into account an object's distance from scenery when casting long shadows. The results are more natural in some cases, and while indoors, the setting logically creates crisper outlines to character shadows when stood directly near to a wall. Shadow resolution also gets a noticeable push on PC too, avoiding one of the few rough spots on the PS4 and Xbox One versions. The consoles do use something close to PC's top-end ambient occlusion setting, though this falls short of Nvidia's more pleasing HBAO+ mode.

Another big plus for the maxed PC experience is higher precision reflection maps. Puddles in the road mirror spot lights and nearby geometry with greater sharpness at PC's ultra setting (though window reflections on buildings run at the same quality). It creates a more vibrant scene at times, especially with the Christmas lights dangling overhead, and it edges the PC build slightly back towards the look of its original E3 2013 reveal.

and let me bring something you are avoiding to answer, 

I didn't really think they were warranting an answer, i replied to the guy talking about dodge chargers and that is just as off as this is

that doesn't make sense, i can't possible hear a better audio on my cheap ear phone, guess it's time all the bands release their album in 128 kbps, since its not fair a better ear phones can play audio files better for the same price you paid. 

You cannot compare releasing a song in a higher bit rate which is just closer to the version they made. Albums are compressed to their size, games are built up to their final release.

By that logic PC games shouldn't have keyboard and mouse support

I don't get it? How? It's an extra feature sure, but its one of the core features for running on PC. For a PC game i expect Good KBM controlls, arbitrary resolution, unlocked framerate, smooth Memory management with no stutter, and a few extra goodies like enhanced shadows, draw distance, AA, and whatever else improved a little over the console counterpart.

What would make you happy with Ubisoft, be specific, what do you ask that they have in the PC version over the consoles, "better graphics" is not an answer 

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

35 minutes ago, Sharkyx1 said:

How was i cherry picking? i picked games that were known for their "downgrade" when they were very similar to their console release.

How do you think this with no evidence? do you only believe that R* didn't downgrade it because they didn't say they did? I see nothing exceedingly different than what Ubisoft is doing, there are a couple settings you can increase beyond Console like draw distance and extreme density settings and better shadows

wow, you're more cognitively deficient than i original thought 

36 minutes ago, Sharkyx1 said:

And let me remind you that they too downgraded from original anouncement

b3VsJ8E.jpg

wait, did you seriously compared xbox 3 trailer to xbox 360 in game footage? lol. you damn well know that trailer was released during xbox 360/Ps3 launch.

38 minutes ago, Sharkyx1 said:

jpgjpg

i see you're still cherry picking things to make your point. 

38 minutes ago, Sharkyx1 said:

jpg

jpg

doesn't take a genius to figure this one out. what you call marginally better is what rockstar offered to PC with options to enable or disable them, they didn't obstruct people from maxing everything out just so that it can only match what it looked on console.

43 minutes ago, Sharkyx1 said:

I didn't really think they were warranting an answer, i replied to the guy talking about dodge chargers and that is just as off as this is

You cannot compare releasing a song in a higher bit rate which is just closer to the version they made. Albums are compressed to their size, games are built up to their final release.

Albums are compressed to their size = So are games on console. 
"you can not compare releasing a song in a higher bit rate which is just close to the version they made" = but it's ok to compare games that are released in higher resolutions they made according to you.

you are answering your own questions and being redundant about it, and saying things that see fit to you regardless if its right or wrong. 

this was never about me comparing console version of GTA V to PC version, you'd be more fool if you think rockstar downgraded PC version to make it look like on next gen console, i'd rather not waste my time about it. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

53 minutes ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

this was never about me comparing console version of GTA V to PC version, you'd be more fool if you think rockstar downgraded PC version to make it look like on next gen console, i'd rather not waste my time about it. 

I'll make this really simple

You said rockstar is an example of what to do

And I said they effectively did what ubisoft is doing 

Ultra textures in gta V are the ones on console, most of the Max settings  are console equivalent, with a few that go higher, this is the same story as  with Division 

Instead of attacking my "cognitive abilities" how about you respond to my claims 

I've never been disrespectful to you and I don't think you have any right to respond in the way you are 

"wait, did you seriously compared xbox 3 trailer to xbox 360 in game footage? lol. you damn well know that trailer was released during xbox 360/Ps3 launch"

You missed the point, I compared the top shot and then showed you the scene on PC, the pc games is a significant down grade  from what was shown 

" I see you're still cherry picking things to make your point. "

You never explained how I was cherry picking in the first place but you failed to even look  at the other screens I showed? It shows a consistent, and noticeable, but not take changing  difference, long distance  extended Shadows,  you even saw that I recognized this in the foliage on the PC fame,  yet you act as if I'm cherry picking 

"doesn't take a genius to figure this one out. what you call marginally better is what rockstar offered to PC with options to enable or disable them, they didn't obstruct people from maxing everything out just so that it can only match what it looked on console."

Ubisoft hasn't done this either, you seem to think that there are no settings in Division beyond the console settings, this is not true. 

Doubly, in both these cases the PC version has enchantments but the base content is the same, gta V wasn't limited by the console version, but it is that game enhanced, it's not a separate build. 

"Albums are compressed to their size = So are games on console. "

In physical gigabyte size yes. But you can't look at it like they start with ultimate graphics on games and turn  things down until it fits, it's a totally different concept. Games are built up and features  are added as the game gets more stable and optimized to a certain level. 

"you can not compare releasing a song in a higher bit rate which is just close to the version they made" = but it's ok to compare games that are released in higher resolutions they made according to you.

You make no sense here. Music has a master, a perfect quality recording of the song, it's a completely different matter in games. They don't add features to songs for people with better headphones as your analogy would imply, you do realize everyone does get the same song from a release version, going against your whole point in bringing it up 

"you are answering your own questions and being redundant about it, and saying things that see fit to you regardless if its right or wrong. "

Funny, seems like you are doing that 

Please don't waste my time typing this, respond to my claims, it's not hard if you know you're right. Don't just use one line to insult me in response to my main point  like the previous post.