YouTube randomly deletes big channels or limits them or remove revenue - No support and broken support links.

GoodBytes

Many big YouTube content creators are facing serious issues with YouTube, where their account gets deleted, or limited in functionality without explanation. It seems to be related with the algorithm that flag videos as copyright infringement, which flag channels or videos, despite fully legitimate, as going against copyrights, and randomly takes down the channel, or limits the account, and blocks revenue.

YouTube support is unreachable, and forms to issue a dispute on take down notices aren't accessible due to account removal or limited, or plain don't work with server side error.

As many YouTuber's can't be heard, they are going on YouTube to voice their concerns with the issues that YouTube is having.

Here are some:

Do you know a channel that you visit that has been temporarily taken down or still is, or have their revenue cut off, or account set to be limited? Were you affected by this, if you are a content creator?

Should their be an alternative to YouTube? Would you be open to the idea?

Source: http://channelawesome.com/what-the-hell-youtube/

Update:

After the video was uploaded by Channel Awesome / That Guy with The Glasses, the next day he posted the following update:

While it is nice to see his channel fixed, there is no comment from Google if the issue is solved, or continues to plague people. It must be noted that the people involved here are really big. But what about the small/newer content creators, that doesn't have a large enough group to do a splash or have the contacts?

I love AlternateHistoryHub and I know Linus said he's had trouble with it as well. I hope they fix it because if some of my fav content creators go down I won't have an excuse to stay up till 11:30 :P

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

I think having some competition for YouTube would be a God-send, and for reasons exactly like this. I would wholeheartedly welcome a opposing video service.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Yep I watched the alternate history video, google need to fix the issues unless they want people to hate them, hopefully they fix it, also of course it would be the copyright BS causing issues lol as if that system could become more hated.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

MojoOnPC had all his subs removed (about 220k)

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

I guess google can't seem to hire people to simply to overview copyrights and what not? I mean real people is way better than a bloody alogrithm which for the most part is 99.9% wrong. And Youtube and google isn't doing anything about it. I say we could all spam google to fix youtube and hire real people to overlook copyright disputes. Shit even a monkey could probably do a better job than the alogrithm

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

I guess google can't seem to hire people to simply to overview copyrights and what not? I mean real people is way better than a bloody alogrithm which for the most part is 99.9% wrong. And Youtube and google isn't doing anything about it. I say we could all spam google to fix youtube and hire real people to overlook copyright disputes. Shit even a monkey could probably do a better job than the alogrithm

Unfortunately, algorithms are cheaper than people reviewing the cases, though it would be nice if the algorithm at least gave the cases, that it is not completely confident with, to a human for review.

Also, I'm still waiting for the monkey to give him the error code I got on chrome, so I'm not sure if they are reliable either.  :P

Should their be an alternative to YouTube? Would you be open to the idea?

Personally I'd much prefer if youtube just worked properly and didn't screw people over with massive flaws, but if Google with all its massive income can't manage that, then it's definitely time for someone to swoop in and take the top spot

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

i was making money 3 years ago, they suddenly stopped sending the due money through paypal, and i've never been able to make money through monetization since, and there's no way to contact anyone. 

bit there's part 2 to that video : monetization enabled after he made that video. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Imagine what you're asking. Years worth of content is uploaded to Youtube daily. Google would need to hire 1,000s of people solely for the purpose of reviewing videos from 9-5. Even if they hire min wage workers, the cost is too high to bother. An algorithm only requires a dozen or so people as overwatch.

---

As for competition, I doubt they will be anything serious for years unless YT shuts down for some random reason. Creators have spent years building an audience on YT, have been directing people to YT on their social media, and have made deals and partnerships involving YT. If you're a FT youtuber that has that much invested you can't simply walk away and expect not to get hit hard (financially). Example, unless it was a creator I LOVED, I wouldn't follow half the people I sub to if they switch video platforms. Don't want to both switching back and forth to watch videos.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

They really need to outlaw that algorithm. If companies want to make copyright claims, let them hire the people to browse youtube all day looking for things.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

What the hell? YouTube support can actually remove subscribers?

They can basically mess with anything regarding your account, subscribers, videos, money, it doesn't matter what it is they can screw with it if they so desire

They really need to outlaw that algorithm. If companies want to make copyright claims, let them hire the people to browse youtube all day looking for things.

Or at least make false claimers compensate those whom they accuse (I'd bet that would cause some change)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Hmmm, I've said some interesting stuff happen on my account over the last few weeks.

I upload lots of old English rave and dance sets and many times I get copyright claims to songs in the mixes, it always says that I don't have to do anything and that monetisation has been enabled with the royalties going to the claimants.

Thing is, about 5 times in the last few weeks I've had copyright claims added against songs which are already claimed by someone else, and all of them have been from the same company too (DeepMiningCorpAssoc) which is a different company to the original claimants, and all 5 were originally claimed by 5 different claimants. It just doesn't add up?

I was gonna report this to Google but I never got around to it. I'm now wondering if this is a scam company making false claims against obscure songs knowing that YouTube won't even check their claim.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

They can basically mess with anything regarding your account, subscribers, videos, money, it doesn't matter what it is they can screw with it if they so desire

Or at least make false claimers compensate those whom they accuse (I'd bet that would cause some change)

That's a good point.

And before anyone points out "but what about youtubers like Linus!, well, Linus has two and a half million subs. This loyal army of fans is only too happy to report copyright content for Linus. I've seen at least three topics I can remember where someone wanted to make the fans aware, and Linus himself aware, that someone was stealing and uploading LTT and CSF content, and either uploading it on youtube or another medium.

But then you have the issue of people just breezing through videos and accidentally flagging their company's videos...*cough* that guy in LMG*cough cough*...TWICE!

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

But then you have the issue of people just breezing through videos and accidentally flagging their company's videos...*cough* that guy in LMG*cough cough*...TWICE!

There are so many examples where these copyright claims are exploited , but youtube doesn't care , so annoying.  

They took down DBZ Abridged. They've gone too far.

Amen!

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

This is why I want to support Vessel, the Youtube monopoly isn't good for anyone but Google.

What happend to protecting users against false copyright claims ?

How does that saying go, They'd rather let 1000 innocent people get rekt than let 1 guilty person go free :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Browse YouTube all day. That'll be fun... 

Much better system. Copyright comes in, they see the ID number that the system produces. They check the database for the copyright, match it with the ID number. If the ID number matches with the ID number in the copyright database, then they know what they are dealing with.

E.G. ID 323 is for music, they take that ID number, checks the databases. Boom, ID is the same. Send a message to the person who made the video. Tell them the problem. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

i suppose this is what happens when you automate everything, a company the size of google should fucking employ people to check these videos, they make enough money and pay fuck all taxes...

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

What the hell? YouTube support can actually remove subscribers?

That's implying that YouTube actually has customer support.

Valve has better customer support than YouTube, and that's really saying a lot.

It'll be interesting to see what platforms these content creators use if they decide to move away from YouTube.

it's either dailymotion or vessel, I don't think many other platforms have the revenue potential to attract youtubers

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*