[WCCF / PCGamer] The Division System Specs Revealed?

PCgamer324

Before we begin...  a PSA from a forum member who speaks the truth:

PSA: DO NOT PREORDER DIVISION, IT'S AN MMO FROM UBISOFT, UNRELIABLE SERVERS CHANCE 99.7%.

Yes, yes I know "BOOOOOOOO WCCF"....

Source: http://wccftech.com/division-system-specs-revealed/

It appears the system requirements for the upcoming "The Division" from Ubisoft have been leaked.

The day is finally here where fans who’ve been waiting for years will be able to tuck into The Division. Like Watch Dogs before it, it’s been a long time coming. But despite the fact that the beta is out in a matter of days, Ubisoft aren’t making it easy. They’re yet to actually share the system specifications… at least in English.

According to people on Steam, Ubisoft Russia is nowhere near as shy, and was happy to let people know what to expect when the beta launches on January 29th.

Tom Clancy’s The Division PC Requirements

Minimum Requirements:

• Operating System: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (only 64-bit versions)
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 2400 3.1 GHz or AMD FX @ 6100 @ 3.3 GHz
  • RAM: 6 GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 or Radeon HD 7770 AMD (2GB VRAM)
  • Hard Drive: 40 GB
  • DirectX: DirectX June 2010
  • Sound Card: DirectX compatible
  • Input Devices: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, controller (optional)

Recommended Requirements

• Operating System: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (only 64-bit versions)
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHz
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (4 GB) or AMD Radeon R9 290 (4 GB) or better
  • Hard Drive: 40 GB
  • DirectX: DirectX June 2010
  • Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c support
  • Input Devices: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, controller (optional)

Supported Video Cards at Release

NVIDIA

• GeForce GTX 500 series: GeForce GTX 560 (2 GB VRAM) or better
  • GeForce GTX 600 series: GTX 660 GeForce or better
  • GeForce GTX 700 series: GTX 760 GeForce or better
  • GeForce GTX 900 / Titan series: GeForce GTX 960 or better

AMD

• Radeon HD7000 series: Radeon HD7770 (2 GB VRAM) or better
  • Radeon 200 series: Radeon R9 270 or better
  • Radeon 300 / Fury X series: Radeon R9 370 or better

Read more: http://wccftech.com/division-system-specs-revealed/#ixzz3xtj1czVd

From PCgamer: http://www.pcgamer.com/tom-clancys-the-division-impressions-from-the-pc-build/?utm_content=bufferab4b0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_pcgfb

Thanks to @shermantanker

Their thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/532600-massive-talks-about-the-divisions-pc-features-and-hardware-support/

Today, Ubisoft has released a run-down of The Division's PC-specific features. It's an everything-and-the-kitchen-sink list, containing some genuinely nice, novel features alongside stuff that you'd expect from even the most basic of ports:

• Flexible user interface: move, scale and adjust the opacity of the HUD.
  • Intuitive controls: navigate easily through the interface, inventory panels and map designed specifically to be used with a mouse or a controller.
  • Full mouse & keyboard support: opt for the high precision mouse and keyboard experience and switch to a controller in the middle of any encounter without interruption.
  • Text chat: team up with more agents of The Division by using the in-game text chat.
  • Optimized graphic settings & customised GPU effects: adjust a vast variety of technology treats, from realistic lighting, shading, snow particles, local reflection, fog volumetric scattering, depth of field and much more…
  • Multi-GPU support: unleash the graphic power of the best computer set ups for jaw-dropping graphics powered by Massive Entertainment’s game engine Snowdrop.
  • Multi-screen support: play with up to three screens for the most immersive and stunning experience of The Division.
  • Multi-resolutions: opt for 1080p or 4k and automatically adapt the resolution to fit multi-screen configurations with FOV correction.
  • Unlocked framerate: let the most powerful computer reach the highest framerate.
  • HBA0+: enjoy the most realistic shadowing, lighting algorithm and ambient occlusion.

The untranslated posting in Russian:

post-303602-0-33459500-1453394621_thumb.

Thoughts: While a HD 7770 or GTX 560 minimum aren't crazy requirements, these seem to be higher minimums than a lot of games today.  I also think it's odd that the 7770 in the minimum, but in the R9 2XX series they want a 270 minimum.  If I remember right 270 = 7870 and 250 = 7770.  I guess R9 260x has some magical inability to play the Division :P

Ultimate XP gaming system build log coming soon!  Q8200 // 8GB DDR2 // Asus P5E Deluxe X48 // Asus 4870 DARK KNIGHT X-Fire // Supreme FX sound // BFG Ageia PhysX PCI Co-Processor // AX 860x with Silverstone extensions 

PSA: DO NOT PREORDER DIVISION, IT'S AN MMO FROM UBISOFT, UNRELIABLE SERVERS CHANCE 99.7%.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

huh, i guess im pretty middle ground. My gpu is capable but my cpu is meh. 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

wtf?

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

What is with the latest games and their CPU recommended spec it's always way too high imo. an i5 is more than enough unless you're playing arma 3 or beamng drive. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

My friend pre-ordered it after telling him to stop pre-ordering anything. Q_Q I will wait to see how this game goes before dumping any money into it. 

01101100 01110110 01101100 00100000 00110101 00100000 01101101 01100001 01100111 01101001 01101011 01100001 01110010 01110000 

Seems reasonable

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

added to article

Ultimate XP gaming system build log coming soon!  Q8200 // 8GB DDR2 // Asus P5E Deluxe X48 // Asus 4870 DARK KNIGHT X-Fire // Supreme FX sound // BFG Ageia PhysX PCI Co-Processor // AX 860x with Silverstone extensions 

What is with the latest games and their CPU recommended spec it's always way too high imo. an i5 is more than enough unless you're playing arma 3 or beamng drive. 

Those are the recommended specs, as in the specs you need to run ultra settings at 1080p 60fps. If this is a game that leverages more than 4 threads, it's very much possible that an i7 is required to achieve that.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I also think it's odd that the 7770 in the minimum, but in the R9 2XX series they want a 270 minimum.  If I remember right 270 = 7870 and 250 = 7770.  I guess R9 260x has some magical inability to play the Division :P

It is odd, and you are correct, but at the same time it's not at all surprising that it was written that way. Contradictions and oversimplifications like that are common in system requirements. By the same token, it's quite common for new games (including this one) to recommend an i7 or FX-8350, while the two don't really meet the same standard.

It is odd, and you are correct, but at the same time it's not at all surprising that it was written that way. Contradictions and oversimplifications like that are common in system requirements. By the same token, it's quite common for new games (including this one) to recommend an i7 or FX-8350, while the two don't really meet the same standard.

indeed

Let's wait and see, I saw a post from someone who broke his PC NDA and said max settings only give him ~35fps on a GTX970 - this may be a very demanding game, so get your SLI setups ready.

144Hz goodness

Let's wait and see, I saw a post from someone who broke his PC NDA and said max settings only give him ~35fps on a GTX970 - this may be a very demanding game, so get your SLI setups ready.

INB4 The Division is a repeat of JC3 and has 0 SLI / Xfire support

wtf?

Yeah, WTF? Surely it should be 100%.

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

seriously an i7 and 970 as recommended, did someone at ubisoft just pick the minimum specs at random, or they have a hidden bitcoin miner in the game. 

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB

Already confirmed (aswell as triple monitor support and unlocked framerate)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiOeeIwqbFQ&feature=youtu.be&t=1044

thats good to know

So guys, your 970 should have 4GB NOT 3.5GB.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

will my 6970/6950 XFire and 1440p screen work? lol

I cant run AC: syndicate @ 1440p at all. Makes me think that will be the case here.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Except The Crew was an MMO and was flawless?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

not bad

minimum GPU is a bit high, but recommended looks ok.

Except The Crew was an MMO and was flawless?

congrats, 1 exception for a game that was extremely unpopular to begin with.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

So a 960 core GTX 580 is somehow not in the list yet it's as fast as a GTX 960 but with 1.5GB LOL

Specs for games are always a lie. GTX 580 makes up for it with pure memory speed and bandwidth, it can crush what a 7770 and 560 cannot regardless of VRAM size, it can churn stuff out of Vram way faster thus not needing 512MB more, it compensates.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi