[WCCF / PCGamer] The Division System Specs Revealed?

PCgamer324

congrats, 1 exception for a game that was extremely unpopular to begin with.

It can't possibly be an exception, as of now it's the only MMO Ubisoft have ever released.

Edit

Oh crap, I forgot about The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot which is a F2P MMO but again, that's never had issues with bad servers either?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

It can't possibly be an exception, as of now it's the only MMO Ubisoft have ever released.

But they have released other online games. For example Rainbow Six Siege servers blow. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I really hope this game turns out well on PC.

Then the internet can start a trend of "Okay Ubisoft, we don't hate you as much anymore."

But they have released other online games. For example Rainbow Six Siege servers blow.

RS:S uses a global server for authtentication then local matchmaking to actually host the games. You cannot compare a game using matchmaking to a game with a persistent dedicated server.

Besides which you specifically said

PSA: DO NOT PREORDER DIVISION, IT'S AN MMO FROM UBISOFT, UNRELIABLE SERVERS CHANCE 99.7%.

Your statement was false.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

RS:S uses a global server for authtentication then local matchmaking to actually host the games. You cannot compare a game using matchmaking to a game with a persistent dedicated server.

Besides which you specifically said Your statement was false.

Global server is the one that is failing. 

And it's not. I stated that it's an MMO. It is.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Global server is the one that is failing. 

And it's not. I stated that it's an MMO. It is.

No, you specifically stated that Ubisoft MMOs suffer from bad servers, the only 2 MMOs Ubisoft have ever released have had good servers ergo your statement was false.

No, you specifically stated that Ubisoft MMOs suffer from bad servers, the only 2 MMOs Ubisoft have ever released have had good servers ergo your statement was false.

Where did I state that MMOs suffer from bad servers? I stated that it's Ubisoft and it's an MMO, so chances that it doesn't fail are low. 

Spoiler

Where did I state that MMOs suffer from bad servers? I stated that it's Ubisoft and it's an MMO, so chances that it doesn't fail are low.

PSA: DO NOT PREORDER DIVISION, IT'S AN MMO FROM UBISOFT, UNRELIABLE SERVERS CHANCE 99.7%.

Now please just stop and have the decency to admit you were wrong.

Good ol UDon'tPlay...I mean UPlay

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Thoughts: While a HD 7770 or GTX 560 minimum aren't crazy requirements, these seem to be higher minimums than a lot of games today.  I also think it's odd that the 7770 in the minimum, but in the R9 2XX series they want a 270 minimum.  If I remember right 270 = 7870 and 250 = 7770.  I guess R9 260x has some magical inability to play the Division :P

not for a AAA title. the gtx 560 came out in may 2011 and the 7770 came out in february 2012. That's a full 4 years or more for a mid range card. For example, the 750 TI beats the shit out of the 560 very comfortably.

PS: as for the 260x and 950, it's probably just statistically irrelevant. Dont forget that the game has been delayed multiple times and the 950 wasnt released back when it was supposed to be launched.

benchmark comparison

What is with the latest games and their CPU recommended spec it's always way too high imo. an i5 is more than enough unless you're playing arma 3 or beamng drive.

probably for people who dont run physics off their nvidia gpu (It's Ubisoft so I'm assuming it's using physx)

added to article

They shouldnt preorder because preordering is stupid, not because it's Ubisoft. Name me 1 game that didnt have some major bugs at launch?

congrats, 1 exception for a game that was extremely unpopular to begin with.

Racing games are a niche. I personally had 0 interest whatsoever in buying that game same thing for a few friends.

Why wasn't there an 800 series for desktop. I know there was for mobile systems but nothing for desktop.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Now please just stop and have the decency to admit you were wrong.

I wasn't wrong in any way. I am advising people to not buy pre-order games from Ubisoft. Especially always online ones. uplay things, unity things, rainbow six siege broken things, watch dogs things. 

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/ubisoft-games-experiencing-server-issues/

Spoiler

I wasn't wrong in any way. I am advising people to not buy pre-order games from Ubisoft. Especially always online ones. uplay things, unity things, rainbow six siege broken things, watch dogs things. 

actually you literally said not to preorder because it was Ubisoft. Not because preorders are stupid, launch day games always suck, etc.

actually you literally said not to preorder because it was Ubisoft. Not because preorders are stupid, launch day games always suck, etc.

yes. once again, unity, watch dogs, uplay. Ubisoft should not have the trust of gamers to pre-order games from them. 

Spoiler

I'm going to make this very clear for you.

You said its a Ubisoft MMO and will 99.7% likely suffer from bad servers.

I said that Ubisoft have only released 2 MMOs and neither has ever suffered from bad servers.

If you were talking about Ubisoft servers in general then you wouldn't have added the MMO part to your statement but you did and by doing so you made your statement specifically about Ubisoft MMOs.

You now seem to be implying you didn't actually mean what you said despite you being the one who said it.

It's very simply, Ubisoft have never had an MMO which has had server problems therefore your statement was incorrect. Now you can refute that all you like, it doesn't change the fact that your statement was incorrect.

I'm going to make this very clear for you.

You said its a Ubisoft MMO and will 99.7% likely suffer from bad servers.

I said that Ubisoft have only released 2 MMOs and neither has ever suffered from bad servers.

If you were talking about Ubisoft servers in general then you wouldn't have added the MMO part to your statement but you did and by doing so you made your statement specifically about Ubisoft MMOs.

You now seem to be implying you didn't actually mean what you said despite you being the one who said it.

It's very simply, Ubisoft have never had an MMO which has had server problems therefore your statement was incorrect. Now you can refute that all you like, it doesn't change the fact that your statement was incorrect.

Not what I meant. I meant MMO is riskier than anything because MMO's have heavy loads. Let's be honest, crew didn't have big player base, it's not a great test of strength. 

And Crew DID have problems. Also UPLAY has constant problems, if UPLAY is down you can't play ONLINE.

Spoiler

Not what I meant. I meant MMO is riskier than anything because MMO's have heavy loads. Let's be honest, crew didn't have big player base, it's not a great test of strength. 

And Crew DID have problems. Also UPLAY has constant problems, if UPLAY is down you can't play ONLINE.

Well I have to admire you tenacity.

And yes, Uplay can be bad for some people though personally I've had more issues with Steam than I ever have with Uplay but again, that's not a measure of the games servers. Uplay and The Division are not the same thing. I mean you don't blame Activision when Steam goes down and you can't play COD.

Strangely enough, the fact it's an MMO will likely mean better servers than other P2P titles from Ubisoft. The P2P titles will be running on the same infrastructure as Uplay while the division will likely only be using the authtentication server, after that it should hand off to a persistent dedicated server to handle the game back end stuff. Now yeah, that does mean if Uplay goes down then no authtentication and no game but unlike other Ubi titles once the client is connected to the division it should be much more stable due to there being no P2P element involved.

It's actually quite reasonable recommended specs. I know I know i7 and gtx 970 but we have to remember this is a next gen game only and although the ps4/xbox one is not the most powerful their GPU's are capable of playing this game at low detail so in order to play max or ultra on pc a gtx 970 seems reasonable.

Well I have to admire you tenacity.

And yes, Uplay can be bad for some people though personally I've had more issues with Steam than I ever have with Uplay but again, that's not a measure of the games servers. Uplay and The Division are not the same thing. I mean you don't blame Activision when Steam goes down and you can't play COD.

Strangely enough, the fact it's an MMO will likely mean better servers than other P2P titles from Ubisoft. The P2P titles will be running on the same infrastructure as Uplay while the division will likely only be using the authtentication server, after that it should hand off to a persistent dedicated server to handle the game back end stuff. Now yeah, that does mean if Uplay goes down then no authtentication and no game but unlike other Ubi titles once the client is connected to the division it should be much more stable due to there being no P2P element involved.

Hopefully. It's still Ubisoft, broken games are not at all uncommon for them.

Spoiler

Hopefully. It's still Ubisoft, broken games are not at all uncommon for them.

Summary or Ubisoft: there's a reason I have a "keep on diggin' " T-shirt...

Ultimate XP gaming system build log coming soon!  Q8200 // 8GB DDR2 // Asus P5E Deluxe X48 // Asus 4870 DARK KNIGHT X-Fire // Supreme FX sound // BFG Ageia PhysX PCI Co-Processor // AX 860x with Silverstone extensions 

seriously an i7 and 970 as recommended, did someone at ubisoft just pick the minimum specs at random, or they have a hidden bitcoin miner in the game. 

That seems reasonable, most of my friends got a GTX 970 or R9 290, it seems to be a middle ground when compared to other GPUs like the R9 Fury X and GTX 980Ti.

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

It is odd, and you are correct, but at the same time it's not at all surprising that it was written that way. Contradictions and oversimplifications like that are common in system requirements. By the same token, it's quite common for new games (including this one) to recommend an i7 or FX-8350, while the two don't really meet the same standard.

I wouldn't be shocked the 8350 sucks in this game since its an MMO,so i expect it to be CPU bound.

Not really an MMO. Also, people don't seem to complain about Rainbow Six Siege.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Preorder it for 5 bucks - play the beta - then decide if its worth the rest of the money?

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.