Massive talks about The Division's PC features and hardware support

shermantanker

5pMbGsIbKAbx.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

First we have confirmed hardware requirements

Minimum Requirements

• Supported OS: Windows® 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only).
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 | AMD FX-6100, or better.
  • RAM: 6GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 with 2 GB VRAM (current equivalent NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760) | AMD Radeon HD 7770 with 2 GB VRAM, or better.
  • Notebook support: Laptop models of these desktop cards may work as long as they are on-par in terms of performance with at least the minimum configuration.
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Hard Drive Space: 40 GB available space.
  • Optical Drive: DVD-ROM Dual Layer.
  • Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, headset, optional controller.
  • Multiplayer: Broadband connection with 256 kbps upstream, or faster.

Recommended Requirements

• Supported OS: Windows® 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 | AMD FX-8350, or better.
  • RAM: 8GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 | AMD Radeon R9 290, or better.
  • Notebook support: Laptop models of these desktop cards may work as long as they are on-par in terms of performance with at least the minimum configuration.
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Hard Drive Space: 40 GB available space.
  • Optical Drive: DVD-ROM Dual Layer.
  • Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, headset, optional controller.
  • Multiplayer: Broadband connection with 512 kbps upstream, or faster.

And next things like supported resolutions, graphical features, SLI, ect...

Today, Ubisoft has released a run-down of The Division's PC-specific features. It's an everything-and-the-kitchen-sink list, containing some genuinely nice, novel features alongside stuff that you'd expect from even the most basic of ports:

• Flexible user interface: move, scale and adjust the opacity of the HUD.
  • Intuitive controls: navigate easily through the interface, inventory panels and map designed specifically to be used with a mouse or a controller.
  • Full mouse & keyboard support: opt for the high precision mouse and keyboard experience and switch to a controller in the middle of any encounter without interruption.
  • Text chat: team up with more agents of The Division by using the in-game text chat.
  • Optimized graphic settings & customised GPU effects: adjust a vast variety of technology treats, from realistic lighting, shading, snow particles, local reflection, fog volumetric scattering, depth of field and much more…
  • Multi-GPU support: unleash the graphic power of the best computer set ups for jaw-dropping graphics powered by Massive Entertainment’s game engine Snowdrop.
  • Multi-screen support: play with up to three screens for the most immersive and stunning experience of The Division.
  • Multi-resolutions: opt for 1080p or 4k and automatically adapt the resolution to fit multi-screen configurations with FOV correction.
  • Unlocked framerate: let the most powerful computer reach the highest framerate.
  • HBA0+: enjoy the most realistic shadowing, lighting algorithm and ambient occlusion.

All of this sounds great, and having SLI/Crossfire support, proper HUD scaling and positioning is great. I just hope the game doesn't suck and is optimized well at launch, but I will probably just wait to pick it up over the summer anyway if it all checks out. I think was was a PC beta coming out soon (EDIT: JAN 28th), so will have to try it for myself.

Source: PCGamer

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

I think was was a PC beta coming out soon, so will have to try it for myself.

The 28th or 29th, something like that.

First we have confirmed hardware requirements

And next things like supported resolutions, graphical features, SLI, ect...

All of this sounds great, and having SLI/Crossfire support, proper HUD scaling and positioning is great. I just hope the game doesn't suck and is optimized well at launch, but I will probably just wait to pick it up over the summer anyway if it all checks out. I think was was a PC beta coming out soon (EDIT: JAN 28th), so will have to try it for myself.

Source: PCGamer

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/531717-wccf-the-division-system-specs-revealed/

repost

Ultimate XP gaming system build log coming soon!  Q8200 // 8GB DDR2 // Asus P5E Deluxe X48 // Asus 4870 DARK KNIGHT X-Fire // Supreme FX sound // BFG Ageia PhysX PCI Co-Processor // AX 860x with Silverstone extensions 

Yes I did see that, but it was for a System Requirements leak, and this is a confirmation and mainly the extra PC specific features announced. That is why I decided to post it

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

Yes I did see that, but it was for a System Requirements leak, and this is a confirmation and mainly the extra PC specific features announced. That is why I decided to post it

I'd better if you went ahead and posted that on the main thread 

Ultimate XP gaming system build log coming soon!  Q8200 // 8GB DDR2 // Asus P5E Deluxe X48 // Asus 4870 DARK KNIGHT X-Fire // Supreme FX sound // BFG Ageia PhysX PCI Co-Processor // AX 860x with Silverstone extensions 

Requirements:

Optical Drive: DVD-ROM Dual Layer

Qu'est-ce que fack?  You know they're just going to make everyone download the entire game first thing anyways.  Or are Massive/Red Storm different?

(Also Tom Clancy has been dead for 2 years so...:Shrugs: marketers should probably try expanding their vocabulary)

I'd better if you went ahead and posted that on the main thread 

Will do next time thanks.

Qu'est-ce que fack?  You know they're just going to make everyone download the entire game first thing anyways.  Or are Massive/Re Storm different?

(Also Tom Clancy has been dead for 2 years so...:Shrugs: marketers should probably try expanding their vocabulary)

Yeah when I got a physical copy of RB6 Seige I just activated with Uplay and downloaded in 20 minutes. Way faster then 4 DVDs

The 28th or 29th, something like that.

29th - 31st

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015