Windows 10 Users Considering Class Action Lawsuit Against Microsoft for Poor System Performance

I'm currently working with a new business venture out of NZ into the states and we have been told by our lawyers "Prepare to be sued." We've actually already had a cease and desist notice issued to us within two weeks because, and I quote, our "service is similar". 

I won't disclose what we do, but it's the equivalent of one cleaner sending a cease and desist to another cleaner because that cleaner also happens to clean floors. 

I am now quite interested in what you're doing xD

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

That's quite a lot more than the average user could handle.

Again, the average user is not a member of a Microsoft community forum. That's mostly technical users just like this forums. And say they are not, they're entitled to cover the costs to format. Saying that the machines are "rendered useless" is attempting to basically poison the well and demand the full cost of the otherwise perfectly fine and in working order hardware.

Sorry but as much as I dislike 10 and such, I dislike hypocrisy and intentional idiocy even more.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Of course not, because they have nothing to hide /s

Or they're just too stupid and/or uninformed to do anything about it.

That's quite a lot more than the average user could handle.

You'd be surprised what many average users can do with instructions.

Windows 10 makes it so easy to recover from any type of issues, I don't see why anybody can think they have a case with this.
Not to mention, for the 2 or 3 who have issues, there are thousand others who don't have any, otherwise this forum would be literally FLOODED with people asking for help and nobody would ever recommend to upgrade to win10.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

If the EULA they signed holds any legal weight, this thing will not go very far...

(afaik, for any document here to hold any legal weight, both parties must sign it into the books under the witness of a lawyer/attorney, and the content of the document must not violate any existing laws in effect upon signing)

call me when the lawsuit actually gets a green light, otherwise this is just blah blah blah blah

there is a case to be made against MS with their forced updates that will brake people's OS - it's not even a matter of when, because it already happened

even the latest crap AMD pulled with Crimson package, it's a MS signed driver - how the fuck did that go through?!

ErEYN0h.png

yah my start menue freezes and i cant do anything with it, happens rarely and is just a good reminder that i should probably turn off my pc instead of using hypersleep xD

why would you turn off your computer? my SSD has like 30 power cycles through it ie its been on and off 30 times since i bought it in jan 2013

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

You'd be surprised what many average users can do with instructions.

I suppose. Although in my experience most people don't even bother trying, they just hand it off to someone else.

Again, the average user is not a member of a Microsoft community forum. That's mostly technical users just like this forums. And say they are not, they're entitled to cover the costs to format. Saying that the machines are "rendered useless" is attempting to basically poison the well and demand the full cost of the otherwise perfectly fine and in working order hardware.

Sorry but as much as I dislike 10 and such, I dislike hypocrisy and intentional idiocy even more.

What about the forced automatic updates breaking things?

There are thousands of computers that have been rendered useless after being upgraded to Windows 10 through "automatic updates" and left with 1. no sound, 2. no operating screen time 3. no access (password issues) 3.  memory issues 4. lost files 5. unauthorized access by Microsoft. 

The unauthorized access thing is debatable because of the EULA, but if the system was upgraded without a users consent (or updated) and it broke as a result.....that sounds like MS is liable for damages done (lost files, etc.)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

This would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

I really doubt they will win against Microsoft.

The people who got files deleted might have a legitimate case depending on what files were deleted, but other than that I don't think this holds water.

So wait, they didn't do this for Vista, but with Windows 10 its like "oh no, it runs like shit, get the torches and pitch forks".

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

What about the forced automatic updates breaking things?

OS fuck ups do not render computers useless with the only exception being BIOS updates on boards with no way to restore it. So while I understand that it would be annoying for people to pay 50 bucks to restore their system, I cannot advocate willful ignorance even when I think Microsoft should be legally barred from forcing an OS upgrade on all users.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I have SLI and W10 and it works fine. I honestly think it's people who still have older drivers, hardware, and software causing issues and they blame Microsoft even though it has nothing to do with them. If you want to use software from 2003, but don't blame Microsoft for your problems when your software causes your computer to crash. 

I see it all the time, they'll update something and instantly blame whatever they updated or installed last for the problems they're having now. I swear someone could install W10 and would blame W10 because it 'killed the internet' after their router died because it was hit by lightning. 

Except W10 is really pushing you to upgrade it. MS didn't just release it. They are doing their best to get everyone on it. It even automatically upgraded your computer for a bit when It was checked by default in the updater.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Wow apparently people file a class action lawsuit for just about anything these days. Next time my city bus is late I'm going to sue the transit organization!

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

So wait, they didn't do this for Vista, but with Windows 10 its like "oh no, it runs like shit, get the torches and pitch forks".

What about Windows 7? Because that also runs like shit (especially on older hardware.)

What about Windows 7? Because that also runs like shit (especially on older hardware.)

People had the correct hardware by then.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

OMG YES! Free monies! 

Ouch, stereotypes. It's probably fair to say most of us Americans think this is a bit stupid as well.

Also, I don't know anyone who hires a cleaning service. :P

In Asia we hire cleaning services all the time lol.

And as an American, I think that while suing them is stupid, not complaining about worse overall system performance, is just also completely stupid.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

If it was about issues/bugs that really makes the system not work, it can hold in court.

But, that is not the case, it is just some performance issue.

Do they realize that Microsoft will just go in front of the judge and say: It's not us, it is the drivers. Manufactures made poor Win10 drivers, which causes the reduction in performance. Here is a list of fine system old and new. (And it is pretty accurate sadly. Same for issues related to reduced battery life, and warmer system. As you guessed it: power saving feature doesn't work right due to buggy Win10 drivers from the manufacture. Many have fixed that and now their drivers are ok. But many aren't, at least not yet.

So, it won't hold in court for a minute, sadly. Now if they sue the manufactures affected by delivering crappy Win10 drivers, as a cheap way to push newer hardware, than that would hold a lot better, especially if they have proof of this activity.

America is so backwards, you guys sue everyone for anything. 

Cleaner missed a spot on your floor? Sued. 

It is not so much that people are sue happy its the jack ass lawyers that vulture for people that are unhappy about something and take advantage, the sue-ee doesn't make money the lawyer does.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

It is not so much that people are sue happy its the jack ass lawyers that vulture for people that are unhappy about something and take advantage, the sue-ee doesn't make money the lawyer does.

Very true. And if the lawyer wins, then it will boost his/her or the group of lawyer reputation like crazy. Some no name lawyer, is now big thing, can charge a premium price for its services, and get clients. Any clients that wants a lawyer for being defended or to sue, wants to win. So they'll look at the lawyer past cases that he/she/group of lawyer won, and go for it. I mean who would not like to pick a lawyer that won a case against a big corporation who has hundred lawyers, and all of them really good.

Give people the power to install the OS for free, their OS is already in a horrible state prior to the installation, most of them have 0 knowledge how an OS works. Then they sue MS because they are stupid enough to use an OS. I feel sorry for Microsoft for once...

Case: CoolerMaster CM 690 II (ver.2) *** PSU: CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 700W *** CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad QX9650 3 Ghz 12 Mb L2 Cache *** MoBo: Asus Striker Formula II *** GPU: ASUS ENGTX570 DirectCU II *** RAM: 4x Corsair Dominator 1GB DDR2 RAM 1066MHz PC2-8500 240-Pin DIMM CMX21024-8500C5D *** HDDs: Corsair Force Gt 240Gb SSD & Western Digital 2TB Green SATA II HDD *** Creative SOUND BLASTER Recon3D Fatal1ty Professional PCIe *** Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Black *** Keyboard: Roccat Arvo *** LCD: LG M2380D

10 years old HP Compaq NX9420 rocking the hell out of Win 7 with memory upgrade and new (larger) HDD. Serious performance increase after XP, no issus whatsoever. I don't know a single PC that has issues with win 7, and I do a lot of installs. 

On topic

If my experience taught me anything, is that people that are the"loudest", have no idea how to maintain a pc. I'm sure if they got an i7 with a high end GPU and an SSD, they'd still make it somehow run slower than my pc.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Which part of this wasn't clear to them when they accepted the license agreement? They agreed to MS' terms of service, and they say they can mess with your files and automatically update your system. Don't like it? Use linux. 99% of those complaining would probably be just fine using open software.

To be fair, the EULA isn't worth as much as the paper it isn't printed on in European courts.

Claims of computers being "rendered useless" are worth even less though.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Very true. And if the lawyer wins, than it will boost his/her or the group of lawyer reputation like crazy. Some no name lawyer, is now big shit, can charge a premium price for its services, and get clients.

Of course there are some narcissistic individuals out that troll on companies for this type of situation, Anyone remember that gal that sued McDonalds for spilling Hot coffee on herself because there wasn't a "coffee is hot" sign? Some people love to make life that much harder for everyone else.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER