Windows 10 Users Considering Class Action Lawsuit Against Microsoft for Poor System Performance

This is basically people going

OMG I BOUGHT A 110hp HONDA CIVIC AND I'M SO PISSED THAT IT CAN'T BEAT A 260mph HENNESY VENOM GT!!!!

Rice burner vs a real car, who could have imagined.

I have a brother that asked this kid at school why he spent as much money on his civic to get the high performance as he did instead of buying something with a big block that already had a lot of power to it and cost half and the reply was (I kid you not this did happen and the guy is Asian and he did say this) "its part of my heritage being Asian" I have no idea ho my brother kept his composure, he just said "Ok" and walked away. Maybe he was to stunned to say anything else.

rgxpc.jpgLol

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

all this is...is people not doing a clean install of 10...os's should never be upgraded only..even for a service pack

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

all this is...is people not doing a clean install of 10...os's should never be upgraded only..even for a service pack

Completely agree. Upgrades have always been a bad deal, to many headaches.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

While they are always exceptions, usually upgrades only goes smooth, if you never tweaked Windows, you uninstall your A/V before starting the process (or have it fully updated to the last version so that it is tested for the OS upgrade... I don't mean the virus definitions, I mean the actual software), you never got a virus/malware, and your system is relatively clean.

Upgraded my notebook to Win10 last week, so far I had just terrible experience with the performance... couldn't open programs, startmenu, extremely long booting and yesterday restarting took around 5mins (then i just hard-reset it).

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

Am I now? I didn't know I was considering this..

No, I don't think I was actually considering a class action lawsuit that wouldn't have a chance in hell of succeeding.

They increased the system requirements if I'm not mistaken. Also, W10 runs better than 7 or 8/8.1 on many machines.. Including mine.

Upgraded my notebook to Win10 last week, so far I had just terrible experience with the performance... couldn't open programs, startmenu, extremely long booting and yesterday restarting took around 5mins (then i just hard-reset it).

Open command prompt as admin and type

/sfc scannow

Wait for it to finish, restart in safe mode. Do it again, then restart in normal.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

I gave sli and windows 10, was wonky like the first month but I haven't had any issues since then.

Haven't noticed any huge performance drop over win 8, and I don't have to deal with live tiles.

Hate to hear people are still having issues, I complained pretty loudly at first hope yall get it fixed too.

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

that used to happen to me before the November update.  Now, the only problem is the WiFi disconnecting randomly.

Performance, however, has been nothing short of awesome for me.

Desktop

Y4M1-II: AMD Ryzen 9-5900X | Asrock RX 6900XT Phantom Gaming D | Gigabyte RTX 4060 low profile | 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro + 4TB 870 EVO + 4TB SanDisk Ultra 3D + 8TB WD Black + 4TB WD Black HDD | Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL-X | Antec ST1000 1000W 80+ Titanium | MSI Optix MAG342CQR | BenQ EW3270U | Kubuntu

-------------------------------

Mobile devices

Kuroneko: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th (Intel i7-10510U | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD)

Funny thing me upgrading from W8.1 to W10 in bootcamp has been real smooth and no problem at all since day 1,except for that one time problematic boot loop update which everyone else encountered too.

This happens to me a lot when she sleeps for days and I wake it up then mess with control panel and boom, frozen.

yup and it's so anoying, not that it takes more then a coupe of minutes to restart but an annoyance seeing as I have a lot of things open and I have to redo that :/

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Windows 10 has been fine for me, the upgrade from 8.1 to 10 was smooth, and the upgrade to 11/15 was also smooth. 

Just the other week i had to swap CPU's and Mobo and activating windows 10 was simply putting my windows 8.1 key.

I feel for those that are not having a good time with the upgrades though. A class action law suite is not the answer, Lawyers are the only ones that will win from this.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Microsoft released another update for Windows 7 and 8 users to improve (bug fixes) the upgrade experience to Windows 10.

win 10 just sucks for me. apart from driver support and the start menu which are both amazingly good features i have trouble with every single of my machines. my tablet is runs way slower than with win8. on my laptop i entirely switched to linux because the wifi problem drove me crazy. and the amount of trouble i had on my desktop is unbelievable

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.