Things you've bought because Linus recommended it?

Alcatraz

Dezel said in the Twitch chat a few streams ago that Linus likes hearing about when people buy things because of his recommendations, so what have YOU purchased or plan to purchase because Linus recommended it?

Across various systems for friends and myself:

Lots of NF-F12s

Samsung 840 (x2)

840 Evo (x3)

Define R4

Asus PB278Q

Benq XL2420T

A few different mice/keyboards

Primochill tubing

AP121s (x5)

Sennheiser HD558s (x2)

Xonar Essence STX

Rechargable Batteries

Man you buy a lot of things O_O

I bought one of those little audio DACs he showed off in his tech gear bag videos.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I would get an htc one, but I think better phones are around the corner! Also I like the acer s7. I have recommended things to people because of Linus and they have liked it.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

I have never bought anything based upon one mans recommendation. Linus have been a part of me chosing a part, but never the sole cause.

This.

Never base decision of one person, get multiple opinions and decide on that.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I actually haven't bought anything i didn't want myself. I wanted a 120hz screen and BenQ had a sale in Norway so i bought the XL2420T. Other than that i don't really know.

Linus has good recommendations and stuff but Noctuas for me and many others isn't really that affordable. If i had a full-time job i might be able to buy me that but that didn't happen^^

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

None - i watch his videos on some tips and tech p0rn. When his unboxing is up i close the door, cover my window and turn off the lights - ohhh yeah...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Screwdriver?

not linus but i bought a ducky because slick said so.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

umm nothing

i just watch his videos for entertainment and info

dont care about his recommendation i make my own judgment 

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

When I bought my Logitech G700s, I didn't go out to buy it until I had found and watched Linus' video on it..

I didn't buy it just because of Linus' video; I bought it because it had the features I wanted at the price I was willing to spend. I watched Linus' video just to make sure it would be a good mouse before I dropped that kind of cash on it.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

Because of Linus and Slick, I got a G710+.

Got a NZXT Phantom because of Linus. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I have never bought anything based upon one mans recommendation. Linus have been a part of me chosing a part, but never the sole cause.

Obviously. Of the parts I listed, if you can multiple bad reviews on any of them, I would be surprised.

Man you buy a lot of things O_O

I bought one of those little audio DACs he showed off in his tech gear bag videos.

Most of it was things I've told friends to get. I don't have enough money to afford all that stuff.

Screwdriver?

...he does use that ratcheting screwdriver a lot... and it does look awfully handy....

None because got no pocket money

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Not to be rude about the screwdriver post but i just dont have money to afford things

My entire system.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

I would get an htc one, but I think better phones are around the corner! Also I like the acer s7. I have recommended things to people because of Linus and they have liked it.

take a look at the Lg G2

Intel3570k  at  4.5ghz 1.300v  Noctua NH-D14    Gigabyte Gtx 970 G1   AsrockZ77 Extreme 6/TB4     Corsair8Gb vengeance memory    120GB Corsair Force SSD     1TB WD black      NZXT Switch 810