Tech Savvy Fakers

Philcat101

Do you know anyone who thinks they know lots about tech but really don't? Post your experience(s) below.

Here are mine:

I lots of people at school who think RAM is the only valuable performance metric.

There is one who is an AMD fanboy and says that they are better in every way, even single threaded performance and thermal output.

So many apple fanboys think Apple is the best. IMO Apple is good for people who don't want to do the research, but it is not the best. So many people say it is. IT IS NOT OH MY GAWSH

I look forward to hearing your experience(s)!

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

There are a lot of people that don't want to know and don't care about tech. Just let them be.

Console jerks: People who think consoles are better in all aspects.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

There are a lot of people that don't want to know and don't care about tech. Just let them be.

But they obviously care, they just don't know. The arrogant ignoramuses who think they know everything, but they really have no clue.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

There was a guy at school wearing a league of legends shirt today.

There's a guy who upgraded his macbook pro to 32GB RAM for no reason other then to make it faster

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

The problem is that the think they know more than they do.

You can call it venting or you can call it a fun thread.

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD

INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

I had some ram I pulled out of a PC I got for free, offered to put it in a family members PC to double their ram( all they do is play Facebook games). Their response. "no, I'm OK." Free, fucking, Ram...

If anyone asks you never saw me.

"VGA is more diverse and more better image quality and just has more compatibility. It is using analog so you know it isnt compressed like thoes photoes you use that are compressed. This is why our school uses HDMI-VGA adapters to get better image quality." - School IT, 2015

Even if what they said was true, it would still be using an HDMI source! I swear, school IT departments are run by skrubs.

Person 1 : you dude(me) my game is lagging, how do i fix it ?
Me : umm, wha-
Person 2 : upgrade you RAM
Person 1 : oh really ?
Me : whats your spec Person 1  ?
Person 1 : Intel Inside, and 4GB RAM
Person 2 : yeah get 8GB RAM
Me : what game ?
Person 1 : DotA 2
Person 2 : see get more RAM
Me : (you know what fuck this) umm yeah thats correct

Person 1 : more core is better right ?
Me : No, it depends
Person 2 : dude(Me) WTF having more cores is better
Me : how do we know it was better ? a 4cores i5 can destroy AMD 8cores (no offense guys)
Person 2 : Man you just lyin, iam not gonna trust you, core is everything
Me : dude no

Key Switches Guide | LLT Beginner Guide | GPU TDP & Power Consumption Explained | PSU Tier

s a d b o y s 2 0 0 1

There was a guy at school wearing a league of legends shirt today.

There's a guy who upgraded his macbook pro to 32GB RAM for no reason other then to make it faster

9,001 Chrome tabs.

9,001 Chrome tabs.

he used it for playing minecraft.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I'm gonna go get a bigger hard drive for more FPS, be right back.

Don't forget to buy a cheapo case that looks really "cool" for +10 FPS!

Cool in this statement means ugly AF.

he used it for playing minecraft.

ROFL

Tried explaining to some kid today that macs are good but are extremely over priced, but he just said they are expensive because they are the best laptop ever made. Gauged my eyes out with a pen.

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

A bit off topic:  Did you know they now make smart bullets that only kill terrorists?

I posted a news thread on course correcting .50 cal bullets a while back.

When my friend bought his 960 STRIX 2GB for $250, he did no research prior to buying. The R9 380 4GB came out a month later.. :(

He's a lucky guy though, he got a new i7 4770k for $100 and a keyboard (his old one.)

Oh, he also "upgraded"  from a Galaxy Note 3 to a iPhone 6+ (no S.) He regretted it a week later. 

He thinks his H80i is better than a Noctua NH-D15 simply because it's water. (EDIT- Sorry, I meant better than every air cooler.)

God, my friend is dumb. 

I used to be quite active here.

some people pretend to know or think they know more than they actually do. i know a guy who acts like he knows everything there is to know about tech because he works with geek squad at best buy. he told me i was bleeding my loop wrong when i tilted the pc back and forth slightly, he thinks cores/ clock speed is everything, he thinks newer always equals better (he told me the 6700k is better at compute performance than my 5960x), back when i originally bought my gtx 980's, a different friend said i was wasting money and that they were only slightly faster than his gtx 680 and that nvidia only said it was faster to sell 980s

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

Tried explaining to some kid today that macs are good but are extremely over priced, but he just said they are expensive because they are the best laptop ever made. Gauged my eyes out with a pen.

I read this then I nearly killed myself.

I read this then I nearly killed myself.

ikr, i cringed so hard i cryed

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

I posted a news thread on course correcting .50 cal bullets a while back.

Meaning they "guide" themselves towards the center of the target-before-launch?  How do they do this?  I am curious?

some people pretend to know or think they know more than they actually do. i know a guy who acts like he knows everything there is to know about tech because he works with geek squad at best buy. he told me i was bleeding my loop wrong when i tilted the pc back and forth slightly, he thinks cores/ clock speed is everything, he thinks newer always equals better (he told me the 6700k is better at computer performance than my 5960x)  

Gaming at stock speeds only, the 6700K is better, but he said COMPUTE performance, in which the 5960X has it way better with literally double the cores with a better binning process.

true, nearlly all the Girl in my school asked me

"should i get a MacBook ?" and i said "no its overpriced and not worth it" she replies "but its made by Apple"

Key Switches Guide | LLT Beginner Guide | GPU TDP & Power Consumption Explained | PSU Tier

s a d b o y s 2 0 0 1