Tech Savvy Fakers

Philcat101

It's true. What cheap Windows laptop do you know that has great quality and is cheap?

Toshiba Satellites. Mine survived being burned through with a soldering iron. Even now as its screen has been mercilessly destroyed and torn from its hinges, it refuses to die.

Toshiba Satellites. Mine survived being burned through with a soldering iron. Even now as its screen has been mercilessly destroyed and torn from its hinges, it refuses to die.

Talking about quality of screen and stuff like that. Don't care if its indestructible if it has a horrible screen or trackpad or anything else that makes something a good laptop. 

Talking about quality of screen and stuff like that. Don't care if its indestructible if it has a horrible screen or trackpad or anything else that makes something a good laptop. 

Then your statement of "Apple laptops are not overpriced" is a subjective opinion of your own design and creation. Some of us want something other than a Samsung IPS panel and a machined aluminium body. Both of those are good things, to be sure, and Apple computers are certainly extremely well-built, not to mention objectively very good looking. However, for people who need a computer to be able to handle things other than looking pretty and being easy to use for your grandmother, they have quite a high asking price for the (throttly) hardware that you get.

Then your statement of "Apple laptops are not overpriced" is a subjective opinion of your own design and creation. Some of us want something other than a Samsung IPS panel and a machined aluminium body. Both of those are good things, to be sure, and Apple computers are certainly extremely well-built, not to mention objectively very good looking. However, for people who need a computer to be able to handle things other than looking pretty and being easy to use for your grandmother, they have quite a high asking price for the (throttly) hardware that you get.

The XPS 13, Lenovo 900 and the Surface Book. All have the same hardware as the MacBook Pro.

I go to college with someone who tried to tell me 1080p looked sharper than 4k, then went on to try and lie when I proved him wrong saying that he meant it the other way around. lol.

[spoiler=Current Rig] N/A

I told my dad I was going to replace my PSU with a better one.

He replied, "You can get PSUs for $30AUD" I cringed. Now I know where that bomb of a PSU at work came from.

What's a "fuffy cat"?

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

A friend of mine said that his integraded gpu was way faster than my R9 290X...

He said its faster because it's build into the cpu while your gpu needs to be installed on the PCI-e slot which means lots of distance traveling...

When he said that I literally cried ;_;

Oh, I love this kind of thing! Or Amazon buyers purchasing components then giving a bad review because UPS fucked up and it's not the seller's fault.

no heres what really annoys me. I HATE when people give something on the google play store a bad review just because it wasnt compatable with their device. if its not compatable dont buy it its that simple. i dont know why people feel like they should hold devs for ransom using reviews as their bullets

“I am Holo the Wise Wolf. I know that there are things in this world that I do not know and that makes me wise!”

Spoiler

Use the following style specs for your profile!
Screeninator:  Asus GeForce GTX 750Ti 2GB
Powermathingy: EVGA 500W
Stickaminator: Crucial 16GB 「4x4GB」DDR3-1600
Procrastinator: Intel i5-4460 3.2ghz
Holdametalicizor:  Corsair 200R 
Noisoundacreator:  Razer kracken pro
Attatchamajiggy :  Asrock H97 Anniversairy ATX LGA1150
Remembrerthing:  i've got a-lot of drives
Flat-Colorful-Thing:  LG not actually sure the model of it
See-A-Move-O: Razer Mamba 2012
ButtonBoard:  Razer Deathstalker 

Why? You said AMD run hot, I tell you my 4170 isn't running hot.

My A10 6800k is at 50c idle, 103c under load, gpu bit is off, yes its safe at boiling temp.

I7-6700k @ 4.8Ghz, EVGA Z170 Classified, Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8 32 GB, EVGA FTW+ ACX 2.0 GeForce GTX 980ti 6 GB x3, 2Tb WD Black x3, 1Tb Samsung 850 Evo, 400Gb Intel NVME PCIE SSD, Corsair RMx 850w 80+ Gold, Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Brown RGB, SteelSeries Sensei Raw

(1) I just read thru all 17 pages - where's my reward!?!?

(2) What happened to the gun side-convo? It was pretty interesting

(3) Apple looks nice, but is overpriced for what you get

This thread is like the equally funny thread about dumb tech questions xD. I can tolerate people that think they know stuff if they are only slightly wrong but if they go too far they they get smacked down. I wont call myself an expert but on the tech spectrum I am above the general population lvl (and the resident tech expert for meh friends :3).

If I don't know something I would just say "IDK need to fact check 1st". Nothing wrong with that. What really annoys me are the people that on paper look tech smart and BS there way to high paying IT/CS jobs. I worked at my uni's help desk after not getting a position in IT/operation because I had 0 experience on paper. The number of times I out smarted and corrected the people in that department that got paid 2x than me was amazing. 

On time they came in to fix one the computers that kept turning back off on start up. Not only were they talking rubbish they all missed the obvious issue. We work in the basement with  our computers sitting on the carpeted floor. I walked to the storage room, got a can of air, and told them to stand back. I hit the psu area with a quick burst and a dust cloud came out xD. Told them to open it up and it was not only a rat's nest of cables but had years of dust (PSU fan was COMPLETELY covered over). They all gave me a dirty look. Next day I came in and my supervisor got mad at me for touching the hardware since it wasn't my job. Told them his IT's guys are dumbshits. Thankfully another supervisor in a different office was smarter and let me transfer under him :3 

tl'dr: Agree with most of ya and wish degrees and whats on paper wasn't the deciding factor for considering someone 'tech smart'

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

What's a "fuffy cat"?

Something that I call my cat.

You could have quoted me or taging me using @Comic_Sans_MS.

Nah, it's all in the optical drive didn't you know? The more expensive the optical drive is the more FPS's!

i will have you know your both wrong the REAL POWER HOUSE  is the floppy drive. im telling you man they stopped making em its a conspiracy the feds dont want you to know they contain the secret to running crisis on a netbook

“I am Holo the Wise Wolf. I know that there are things in this world that I do not know and that makes me wise!”

Spoiler

It is an extremely powerful card that competes with even the highest end Titans. But only in applications utilizing the toasting of bread and the roasting of marshmallows.  ;)

DUDE IMAGINE A MARSHMELLOW OR TOASTER FOR PC LIKE IT WOULD GO INTO A DRIVE BAY (I FORGET THE EXACT NAME IM TIRED AS SHIT BUT ITS THE BAYS USED FOR OPTICAL DRIVES) IT WOULD BE SOOOOO COOL

Spoiler

DUDE IMAGINE A MARSHMELLOW OR TOASTER FOR PC LIKE IT WOULD GO INTO A DRIVE BAY (I FORGET THE EXACT NAME IM TIRED AS SHIT BUT ITS THE BAYS USED FOR OPTICAL DRIVES) IT WOULD BE SOOOOO COOL

I'd cop. Imagine warming up a Pop-Tart while enjoying a nice Fallout 4 session  :D

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

I'd cop. Imagine warming up a Pop-Tart while enjoying a nice Fallout 4 session  :D

You don't need a special device for this if you have a 480 or certain AMD cards, for example.  The 480 even has a grill designed right into it as part of the reference cooler :D

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On an IT course - teacher: what is CPU? Student: Cereal processing unit...

He thought he was clever, meanwhile the rest of the class facepalmed... He is that dedicated Apple fanboy everyone knows, has iMac, Macbook pro, iPhone, iPad and iPod :P

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

My A10 6800k is at 50c idle, 103c under load, gpu bit is off, yes its safe at boiling temp.

I tried tricking him into thinking I have an i3-4170, then he would ask me why I am talking for an intel cpu, and then I say: It's a FX4170, I know more. :D

Anyway, the FX isn't that bad, but framedrops and stutters are often in big games(BF3/4, GTAV, and one not so big: WoT)

Something that I call my cat.

You could have quoted me or taging me using @Comic_Sans_MS.

I could have yes, but i didn't really need nor expect an answer.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

They made this already...

ku-medium.jpg