ESR Alleges SJW's trying to "trap" Linux Developers

Well, this is a bit disturbing if you believe it to be true.

Feminists in tech have been staging attempted “honey traps” to frame prominent male software developers for sexual assault, according to explosive claims on the blog of Eric S. Raymond, a pioneer of the open source movement. In allegations that will rock the world of software development, prominent targets included Linus Torvalds, creator of the Linux kernel.

Raymond quoted excerpts from an online chat with a trusted source, who told him that the Ada Inititiative, a recently-discontinued feminist advocacy group in tech, was trying to “collect scalps” by concocting charges of attempted sexual assault against male software developers.

The source told Raymond that the “MO” of the feminists was to “get alone with the target, and then immediately report attempted sexual assault.” The source said he had stopped mentoring female developers over fears that they might fabricate such charges.

This seems to be a very bold claim, but also a believable one. At least in my opinion. What's worse is that they, the feminists, have even made "runs" at Linus Torvalds himself.

‘They have made multiple runs at him.’ Just let the implications of that sink in for a bit. If my source is to be believed (and I have found him both well-informed and completely trustworthy in the past) this was not a series of misunderstandings, it was a deliberately planned and persistent campaign to frame Linus and feed him to an outrage mob.

Linus hasn’t spoken out about this; I can think of several plausible and good reasons for that. And the Ada Initiative shut down earlier this year. Nevertheless, this report is consistent with reports of SJW dezinformatsiya tactics from elsewhere and I think it would be safest to assume that they are being replicated by other women-in-tech groups.

(Don’t like that, ladies? Tough. You were just fine with collective guilt when the shoe was on the other foot. Enjoy your turn!)

I’m going to take my source’s implied advice. And view ‘sexual assault’ claims fitting this MO with extreme skepticism in the future.

This bodes poorly for the Open Source community as a whole. The only real question to ask, is, is it true? I've already stated that I think it is. I just find it to be completely believable. The sad thing is that this could end up hurting the innocent women in the Tech community that are there simply for enthusiasm, as male developers distance themselves from any woman in the community, out of fear.

Sources:

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2015/11/04/feminists-are-trying-to-frame-linus-torvalds-for-sexual-assault-claims-open-source-industry-veteran/

http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6907

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

If this is true, it's really sad that a lot of people like these take social justice/feminism past equality and give it a bad name.

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

This is going to be an interesting thing to follow. Hopefully stuff like feminism won't get a bad name for that and it'll appear to be closer to what it actually is.

That said, I'm not an advocate for feminism in any way or anything like that...

And I hope that this isn't true because I don't want to see 'open source' stuff being given a bad name.

Sig under construction.

Hopefully one of these days the SJWs Feminazis Will be Muted and Not allowed to spew their BS and hate speech. They offer nothing beneficial and cause many more issues and BS OMG IM OFFENEDED! Nobody should give a fuck about what they say or think, treat them like just another hate group.

Don't know if this in particular is true or not, but I believe it could happen.

-This space intentionally left blank-

"(Don’t like that, ladies? Tough. You were just fine with collective guilt when the shoe was on the other foot. Enjoy your turn!)"

That doesn't sound vindictive at all...

The sad bit about stuff like this is that we will almost never get to the bottom of it. Too many "facts" that are nearly impossible to prove...

"(Don’t like that, ladies? Tough. You were just fine with collective guilt when the shoe was on the other foot. Enjoy your turn!)"

That doesn't sound vindictive at all...

The sad bit about stuff like this is that we will almost never get to the bottom of it. Too many "facts" that are nearly impossible to prove...

That is a sad fact.

Although it's hard not to feel vindictive if you feel like there are people in your community basically poisoning it, and making it so you have to constantly be paranoid about any and all women who might be around you. It's a small number of people, ruining things for everyone.

If it's true, that is. Hopefully now that people are "aware" of the possibility, we can sit back, and wait for a woman to get caught doing shit like this.

Extremists will be extremists. This is perfectly plausible, whether it's true is difficult to tell.

Why SJWs have support is beyond me, then again I often wonder the same thing about Hitler.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Extremists will be extremists. This is perfectly plausible, whether it's true is difficult to tell.

Why SJWs have support is beyond me, then again I often wonder the same thing about Hitler.

Disinformation

If I were some of said targets, I'd wear a dashcam on me 24/7.

The problem with that, is that it's illegal to record people without their consent in some places.

I wouldn't put anything past feminists, since they've already tried and in some cases succeed at getting critics fired from their job.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Although it's hard not to feel vindictive if you feel like there are people in your community basically poisoning it, and making it so you have to constantly be paranoid about any and all women who might be around you. It's a small number of people, ruining things for everyone.

Not my place to comment on whether or not they should feel that way.

The bottom line is that including that line does nothing but harm the legitimacy of his claims. It makes it sound as though he's out for revenge - and even if he's not, it's a perfect quote for detractors to gain momentum from. Feelings aside, it takes away from the potential of that article as a source for further investigation, as it makes it seem like more of an opinion/revenge piece than an objective source of information.

The bottom line is that including that line does nothing but harm the legitimacy of his claims. It makes it sound as though he's out for revenge - and even if he's not, it's a perfect quote for detractors to gain momentum from. Feelings aside, it takes away from the potential of that article as a source for further investigation, as it makes it seem like more of an opinion/revenge piece than an objective source of information.

All true. But this IS the Linux community we are talking about. They don't censor themselves. As we've seen before when a woman claimed she couldn't work with Linus Torvalds because he was "hostile". When in reality if you read the discussion that started it all, he and some other people made a joke, she got offended and complained, and he responded to her complaint by insulting her and dismissing it entirely.

Everyone pretty much said "that's just Linus". He's apparently known for cussing people out when they do shit he feels is obviously stupid. Also this:

Important to remember that for them, Linux isn't a product, it's a passion. They do it because they ideologically believe in it. In the idea of open source.

Well said. It make you wonder what the objective is at this point. Is it to really bring attention to an issue that has cause for concern? After my initial read I don't think so.

Doesn't surprise me after that one woman left that Linux community, or whatever it was.

I would not put it past the extremists. A lot of people now make a living being professional victims. However, I strongly believe in "innocent until proven guilty" so I won't point any fingers. On top of that, it's very hard to say how often it happens. That's a very important metric we have no data on (and probably never will).

I would not put it past the extremists. A lot of people now make a living being professional victims. However, I strongly believe in "innocent until proven guilty" so I won't point any fingers. On top of that, it's very hard to say how often it happens. That's a very important metric we have no data on (and probably never will).

I agree. We need to see someone get caught doing this, and maybe get caught being apart of a larger group doing this. I don't think anyone is pointing fingers directly, merely saying "this is happening, and it's a very very bad thing".

I believe it. I saw something about it earlier on twitter today.

SJWs will go to any length to try to achieve their weird goals.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I was just making fun of Hollywood for over-dramatizing the tech industry with that new Steve Jobs film. Maybe i was wrong. Maybe the tech industry IS as dramatic as it is made out to be.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

I was just making fun of Hollywood for over-dramatizing the tech industry with that new Steve Jobs film. Maybe i was wrong. Maybe the tech industry IS as dramatic as it is made out to be.

I like to point that, at least when it comes to incidents like this, No. This is just like gamergate SJWs like to insinuate and even force themselves into areas like tech or gaming since they're being chased out of other, actually politicall oriented areas.

Do not attribute drama to outsiders trying to bring unwanted and irrelevant discussions into tech.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I don't want to make a judgement on this until there is more info out there. Idk why they would do such a thing as getting Linux devs to be charged w/ sexual assault won't hurt their cause.

I'm waiting for the TL;DR/Thunderf00t/Sargon of Akhad vids that make a ton of accusations in the most pretentious way possible.

All true. But this IS the Linux community we are talking about. They don't censor themselves. As we've seen before when a woman claimed she couldn't work with Linus Torvalds because he was "hostile". When in reality if you read the discussion that started it all, he and some other people made a joke, she got offended and complained, and he responded to her complaint by insulting her and dismissing it entirely.

-snip-

Important to remember that for them, Linux isn't a product, it's a passion. They do it because they ideologically believe in it. In the idea of open source.

Not trying to disagree - just trying to provide an "outsider's" standpoint. My only point is that many people won't take his story seriously due to the inclusion of that line.

Not trying to disagree - just trying to provide an "outsider's" standpoint. My only point is that many people won't take his story seriously due to the inclusion of that line.

Very true.

I still hope some feminist gets caught doing this though.

Not a big chock tbh. We have seen these tactics used by third wave feminists/sjw's for quite some time. From "donglegate" to the scientist wearing a "wrong" shirt (Matt Taylor), to thunderfoot's employer getting spammed to have him fired, to the Nobel laurate university professor Tim Hunt actually losing his job and having his career ruined.

These authoritarians would make the soviet propaganda organ proud. They will stoop to no levels to oppress who they think are guilty of wrong think. In other words, their perfectly fit the phrase "bitches be crazy".

Glad to see South Park taking the piss of these mentally deficient people for over 2 seasons now.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro