So... is the reason Crysis is so hard to run just because of pure rendering intensity, or does optimization play a role? Like if it was remade today with the exact same assets but designed for modern hardware, would it run any better?

So... is the reason Crysis is so hard to run just because of pure rendering intensity, or does optimization play a role? Like if it was remade today with the exact same assets but designed for modern hardware, would it run any better?

that's a good question, its hard to say, I mean the game still looks INSANELY amazing, with tons of physics calculations and texture processing happening all together, with amazing dynamic lighting etc

its honestly still one of the best looking games ever made

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Just to let you know - Crysis even at max settings limits engine capabilities a lot. Draw distance, dynamic LOD, shadows resolution were all reduced for matter of smoothness. One can easily tweak config or just use console to raise graphics to its maximum, but I doubt that even 980Ti would handle that. My GTX970 runs at about 6 fps with maxed settings, but game looks insane.

Take a look here, downsampled screenshots (unfortunatelly imgur limit):

http://imgur.com/a/8SCCk

I hope you guys would consider testing Crysis again like when it would be 10 years after launch, but that time with settings maxed out via config. That would really show how this 10 years old game was way ahead of its time.

Something seems off with the 750ti getting 8fps while the 950 is getting 44fps in Crysis.

The gap in the Witcher 2 seems unusually large as well.

100% going to install Crysis tonight :D I do love that game

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Just to let you know - Crysis even at max settings limits engine capabilities a lot. Draw distance, dynamic LOD, shadows resolution were all reduced for matter of smoothness. One can easily tweak config or just use console to raise graphics to its maximum, but I doubt that even 980Ti would handle that. My GTX970 runs at about 6 fps with maxed settings, but game looks insane.

I hope you guys would consider testing Crysis again like when it would be 10 years after launch, but that time with settings maxed out via config. That would really show how this 10 years old game was way ahead of its time.

Skyrim with mods still isn't as good.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

It's weird how games this old are still punishing current cards...also no 4K tests disappointed me

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Using Crysis or Crysis Warhead?

Crysis1 on my GTX 970 I have Maxed the ingame settings and am using 8xMSAA on 1080p and I'm sitting with 90-110fps, (50fps avg for 4K 0xMSAA) not the 70-80fps Luke got @ 1080p, I got way more, wondering if they used Warhead as the results are way different to what I get.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Using Crysis or Crysis Warhead?

Crysis1 on my GTX 970 I have Maxed the ingame settings and am using 8xMSAA on 1080p and I'm sitting with 90-110fps, (50fps avg for 4K 0xMSAA) not the 70-80fps Luke got @ 1080p, I got way more, wondering if they used Warhead as the results are way different to what I get.

The footage they showed im pretty sure was Crysis 1

The footage they showed im pretty sure was Crysis 1

Weird... maybe their GTX 970 is crap, mine is always @ 1404Mhz, but I have way better results than they do in Crysis... I am puzzled why.

It's enough of a difference I'm inclined to make a video about how well it runs on the GTX970 here. (But with my Aussie Internet, you'd get it next year)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Weird... maybe their GTX 970 is crap, mine is always @ 1404Mhz, but I have way better results than they do in Crysis... I am puzzled why.

I'll have a go myself tomorrow-though they could have also done a lower resolution benchmark, maxing out Crysis on my GTX 650ti 2GB at 1024x768, around 60FPS.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

It's enough of a difference I'm inclined to make a video about how well it runs on the GTX970 here. (But with my Aussie Internet, you'd get it next year)

Will install it on my 780ti tonight and see what I get

Will install it on my 780ti tonight and see what I get

Oh FYI,.. I was on V1.2.1 (Patched it today) (Even tho Crysis.exe says 1.1.1 in properties, the game says its 1.2.1, GG Crytek)

Are you able to get past the 50 fps vsync bug with config file tweaking? I can't believe it, when I played it on my overclocked G3258 it would sync to 60 fps, but on my Xeon E3-1231v3 it vsyncs to 50 fps. Apparently this is an extremely common problem and I haven't seen any solutions that work. If I drop my resolution to anything other than my native resolution it runs 60 fps, as it does in a window too (but there is no borderless window so it looks like crap), but at my native resolution or higher using DSR the game always wants to vsync to 50 fps.

>an 8 year old game holds up better than a 4 year old game (battlefield 3 specifically)

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

>an 8 year old game holds up better than a 4 year old game (battlefield 3 specifically)

EA gets greedier over time, which in turn makes there games reduce in quality, hell battlefront for instance looks amazing but it has less features than previous battlefront games if EAs information is accurate. Because DLC is a thing.

Scumbag+ea+greedy+ea+made+by+me_4a5cf8_3

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

EA gets greedier over time, which in turn makes there games reduce in quality, hell battlefront for instance looks amazing but it has less features than previous battlefront games if EAs information is accurate. Because DLC is a thing.

Scumbag+ea+greedy+ea+made+by+me_4a5cf8_3

To be fair, EA only published the Crysis series. They don't own Crytek.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

To be fair, EA only published the Crysis series. They don't own Crytek.

That is true, unlike Dice, Crytek is its own company, which means it has more creative freedom

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Why didn't they do the test with a Fury X instead of a Nano? It seems unfair to use a 980Ti and compare it to a Nano when the Nano isn't even made to compete with 980Ti.

My Alienware laptop from 2012 did really well with Crysis. Everything maxed, 2x AA, 1080p, 40+ fps. Was pretty happy with it at the time. Surprisingly ran Crysis 3 really well as well. Same settings, maxed out the Witcher 2 as well (Minus Ubersamps). 

My Zotac Amp Extreme 980ti though can't run the Witcher 2 maxed well at all though. 2560x1440 with ubersampling and I barely get more than 30fps!  :P Ubersampling turned off and I get 100fps though. It's a shame aliasing in the second witcher is so atrocious. It looks hideous without some form of Super Sampling enabled. 

Did you guys make sure that the cards were not down-clocking. I've been having issues with my R9 290 down clocking on some games even running 5760x1080 eyefinity; It usually happens when the game isn't demanding enough to run at full load and clock, often times it causes the frames to drop down to from 8 to 16 fps.

Corsair Obsidan 750D - ASUS Crosshair V Formula - AMD FX-8350 (stock) - Sapphire R9 290 Tri-x  Ghz OC 4GB - Samsung 840 EVO 256GB (OS) - many other drives (11TB total) - 23" hp LV2311 (main) + 2x 23" ASUS PA233QR (peripheral) monitors - CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate (cherry browns) - Razer Naga 2014