Apple profits break all records for all companies in history

CGurrell

G_G

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

That's what happens when a greedy company sells stuff for almost the 5x of the production cost and their stupid fanboys still blindly buy it without looking around for better alternatives at half of the price. :angry:

Sorry what? Do you know how much margin is in HP and Dell enterprise equipment? Or how much of a markup Microsoft have on their enterprise licensing?

All I ask in life.. is for Apple, with it's great and powerful resources to buy AMD, and give us competition.  Preferably with more steel and white graphics cards and motherboards.  Thank you, Santa.  

That's how it works, right?

Didn't feel like sifting through 7 pages of replies, so apologies if this is repeated. Granted, this is a gap of several hundred years, however, Apple hasn't come close to what the Dutch East India company was able to do in the 1600's without all those pesky corporate regulations. Adjusting for inflation, and they'd be worth nearly 8 trillion USD (Yeah, TRILLION, not a measly couple hundred billion). Adjusting profits for inflation as well, and they likewise dwarf that of Apple. Until Apple has the ability to raise armies and declare war on other nations, I won't be impressed. 

nice black text on black background OP.

Night Theme 3.0 : https://userstyles.o...night-theme-3-0

Dark Theme Fixer : https://github.com/s...e Fixer.user.js

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Damn. This thread turned into a fanboy shit show. 

Seriously though, Apple makes so much money because they basically own their users. They created a tight ecosystem of "premium" products (cover it in aluminium) and sell it for a high profit. Apple still owns less than 25% of the smartphone market and make over 90% of the profits. Their phones aren't bad, but I would never buy one. 

With Apple's ecosystem they can easily make your experience great. I, in my humble opinion, hate most of apple's ecosystem. Mac OS sucks for me, iOS is boring after using it for a while, and iTunes is the worst desktop program I've ever installed. But, the simple minded people that buy their products don't care! They buy the new iPhone every year with minimal upgrades just to stay hip. And that's it, Apple is hip. 

The iPhone 6S is great, but it didn't really invent anything new. Force touch is a gimmick. It's quite literally a resistive touchscreen behind the capacitive one. It's amazing how people think it's the most revolutionary thing ever when really it is something you'll quickly forget about (Linus barely used it in his review, my friend used it maybe twice before he stopped caring.) The NVME controller is great, but why is there still a 16GB model?

iOS isn't that intuitive. I think it's the most boring OS. Can't change anything unless you jailbreak it, and that slows your phone down A TON. Lackluster features, boring interface, little to no customization and hard to use with big screens (Back buttons on apps are always unreachable, but on my android phone I just move my thumb a bit and press the BACK BUTTON.) 

Surprised they still sell so many every year.  Sheeple.

inb4 fanboy replies  

I used to be quite active here.

But, the simple minded people that buy their products don't care! They buy the new iPhone every year with minimal upgrades just to stay hip. And that's it, Apple is hip. 

The iPhone 6S is great, but it didn't really invent anything new.

Force touch is a gimmick. It's quite literally a resistive touchscreen behind the capacitive one. It's amazing how people think it's the most revolutionary thing ever when really it is something you'll quickly forget about (Linus barely used it in his review, my friend used it maybe twice before he stopped caring.)

The NVME controller is great, but why is there still a 16GB model?

iOS isn't that intuitive.

I think it's the most boring OS. Can't change anything unless you jailbreak it, and that slows your phone down A TON.

Lackluster features, boring interface, little to no customization and hard to use with big screens (Back buttons on apps are always unreachable, but on my android phone I just move my thumb a bit and press the BACK BUTTON.) 

Surprised they still sell so many every year.  Sheeple.

inb4 fanboy replies  

No, those "simple minded" people choose to buy iPhones because it's provides them with a superior experience to the experience they got on an Android device -- else they would buy an Android device instead. No one actually gives two shits what phone you're using. 

The 6s invented just as much as any smartphone ends up inventing -- i.e. there isn't a need for anything to be invented on any devices (that is realistically plausible at this point). I don't see you complaining about the lack of invention from Motorola, Samsung, HTC, OPO, etc... even though they're in the same position of a lack of invention AND are in the same yearly upgrade cycle.

I personally don't find myself using force touch, but that could easily be it being more awkward to use on a 6s+ due to the size of the device; either way, the vibration motor is definitely more refined (even with 3D touch aside). And again, this isn't any more gimmicking than the crap Samsung throws in their phones that people go crazy over. Plus there is a lot of potential for 3D touch in the future -- people claimed the same gimmick bullshit with the fingerprint scanner (which is now in/making it's way into many other flagship devices). 

There's no reason for them to stop selling the 16gb model? It wouldn't make sense from a business standpoint as it would result in the company making less money -- which would piss off everyone on the board, and investors...which is not something you want to be doing as a company. 

iOS is just as intuitve as Android is. 99.999% of the things you do on one are exactly the same on the other. Jailbreak and voila, you can do pretty much anything you want to it short of root access. No, jailbreaking doesn't slow down your phone at all...where the fuck is that coming from?

Yes, the backbutton placement is stupid and needs to be tweaked, but I've been using a 6s+ for the past month and have no issues navigating the device. 

They sell so many people it offers a better experience then the alternatives. There is no such thing as magic marketing which will convince people to buy literal crap, that's not how marketing works. Marketing is only good for spreading the word about something, it doesn't magically make something bad good. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

-snip-

You sure do type a lot. 

Every one of your points is opinionated. For me, 16GB is useless because I have 14GB+ of music and 2GB of apps, 2GB is used by the OS also. 

I don't think you understand marketing. Do you think Apple would be what they are today if they didn't make a "this is the best iPhone yet" video for every iPhone? No. Marketing sells, I'm sure Apple could sell a piece of poop with their marketing team (the MacBook 2015 basically is- whatever the fanless one is.) 

You shouldn't have to jailbreak to make your phone functional. And yes, while jailbreaking itself doesn't really impact performance, all the stuff you put on your phone will. My friend factory reset his 6+ because it lost so much battery life (even though the battery life already sucks enough.) 

I'm sure most people that buy an iPhone doesn't know what a CPU is. (on the subject of mindless) 

I'm not complaining about their lack of invention. But they market it like they invented it. Seriously, watch the 5 minute advert and watch whoever that guy is explain how a resistive touchscreen works- oops, I mean Apple's "force touch." 

I don't hate Apple. They earned their success. I don't hate their products, either. I would never buy them, but I understand why somebody would. 

Also, I read the basics of your whole comment about 5 times this thread. You repeat a whole lot. 

Every one of your points is opinionated. For me, 16GB is useless because I have 14GB+ of music and 2GB of apps, 2GB is used by the OS also. 

I don't think you understand marketing. Do you think Apple would be what they are today if they didn't make a "this is the best iPhone yet" video for every iPhone? No. Marketing sells, I'm sure Apple could sell a piece of poop with their marketing team (the MacBook 2015 basically is- whatever the fanless one is.) 

You shouldn't have to jailbreak to make your phone functional. And yes, while jailbreaking itself doesn't really impact performance, all the stuff you put on your phone will. My friend factory reset his 6+ because it lost so much battery life (even though the battery life already sucks enough.) 

I'm sure most people that buy an iPhone doesn't know what a CPU is. (on the subject of mindless) 

I'm not complaining about their lack of invention. But they market it like they invented it. Seriously, watch the 5 minute advert and watch whoever that guy is explain how a resistive touchscreen works- oops, I mean Apple's "force touch." 

I don't hate Apple. They earned their success. I don't hate their products, either. I would never buy them, but I understand why somebody would. 

Also, I read the basics of your whole comment about 5 times this thread. You repeat a whole lot. 

Okay, so don't buy the 16gb model? Problem solved. The fact that you (and many others) wouldn't find 16gb to be sufficient doesn't mean that all iPhone users will (a decent amount are perfectly content with 16gb); and again, if Apple were to eliminate the 16gb model it would only hurt their profits -- which would upset shareholders (which isn't something they want to be doing). 

Good marketing helps sales, no doubt. But that doesn't change the fact that good marketing can't sell garbage; and no, not even Apple's marketing could sell a bad product. Just look at how poorly Apple Watch sales are doing (or the Macbook sales for that matter) Neither one of them are selling particularly well because the experience with both is sub par. The majority of both that are in circulation are from early releases (which only account for a very tiny percentage of Apple's actual profits). So no, it's been proven...recently...that amazing marketing will only get you so far. 

My phone is just as functional as any Android phone without jailbreaking...Jailbreaking gives you access to tweaks, which change the functionality and add certain features, but there isn't much I can do on an unjailbroken iPhone that I would do on an Android device. I've yet to find a compelling reason to jailbreak my 6s+, and it's not because I haven't used jailbroken iOS, I have; I've also used Android. Neither of which have compelled me to jailbreak my iPhone. 

Wait, let me get this straight...you're complaining about jailbreaking eating up battery life when you have a ton of tweaks installed...seriously? Grasping at straws much? Apply the same tweaks to Android and watch the battery drain just as quickly. The normal battery life is towards the lower end of battery life on flagship devices, but it's not like it's comparatively awful (excluding devices like the droid turbo which have extra large batteries). 

Oh, and do you honestly believe that the other 75% of the smartphone market does? Users don't (and shouldn't) care about specs. What's important is real world performance results -- in which case the iPhone is at the top of it's class; the CPU/GPU in the 6s/6s+ currently have some of the best performance of any smartphone on the market. 

It's such a simple concept...yet it's never been implemented (well) and been given tight app integrated (currently a work in progress). 

And I can respond to the majority of this thread with those five comments because there really isn't much else that needs to be said. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

China heavily boosted their earnings this time. Let's see if they under perform the next quarter... not that I really care though... I have no holdings in their company.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

-snip- 

It wasn't my phone that was jailbroken, my friend did. And he didn't even have but one or two tweaks. 

Your phone is as functional as my mom's Nokia before jailbreaking phone-wise.. Makes calls and does texting. But, you can't do most things Android can. I'll list a few.. 

Can you change your home screen (launcher?) Can you set pattern unlocks? Can you arrange apps in any point on the home screen (or just send them to the app tray if you don't want to see them?) Can you place widgets on the home screen? Can you place widgets on the lock screen? Can you swipe from the top of your screen with two fingers to access all the quick toggles (that thing at the bottom of your screen has less than half of the toggles.) Can you change what the buttons on your device do? Can you access your file directory? I would say change keyboard, but that's available in iOS 9.

Those are all things you can't do.. That I can do without modifying (rooting) my phone. I can do so much more with rooting.

Come on.. it's just not as functional. And I myself use these functions, I'm not just listing them to put iPhone down. 

It wasn't my phone that was jailbroken, my friend did. And he didn't even have but one or two tweaks. 

Your phone is as functional as my mom's Nokia before jailbreaking phone-wise.. Makes calls and does texting. But, you can't do most things Android can. I'll list a few.. 

Can you change your home screen (launcher?) Can you set pattern unlocks? Can you arrange apps in any point on the home screen (or just send them to the app tray if you don't want to see them?) Can you place widgets on the home screen? Can you place widgets on the lock screen? Can you swipe from the top of your screen with two fingers to access all the quick toggles (that thing at the bottom of your screen has less than half of the toggles.) Can you change what the buttons on your device do? Can you access your file directory? I would say change keyboard, but that's available in iOS 9.

Those are all things you can't do.. That I can do without modifying (rooting) my phone. I can do so much more with rooting.

Come on.. it's just not as functional. And I myself use these functions, I'm not just listing them to put iPhone down. 

And what tweaks were they... 

and I'm the opinionated one. lol alright. I haven't run into a single instant in the last two years where I've wanted to do something on my iPhone that I wasn't able to do (that I was able to do on an Android device). 

I happen to prefer the iOS launcher to every Android launcher I've tried. 

A fingerprint is faster and more secure. 

No, this is a stupid flaw with iOS that really should have been changed long ago. Hide them in folders where you have all of your other crap, I'd rather have everything on the home screen in folders than have an App drawer to deal with, and functionally there really isn't much of a difference for the average user -- either you'll only have a few apps on your home screen, in which case you make a sudo app drawer in a folder; or you have (and want) all of your apps on the home screen separated into folders/out of folders depending on the specific apps, and throw all the crap you never want in a folder. I've yet to use a decent widget that I didn't delete after five minutes; most a cluttering, consume quite a bit more power than they should, and usually look terrible. The control panel gives me access to the majority of the important things that the average user will frequently toggle...the functions that aren't there are the more obscure ones that randomly get touch except in more specific use cases. You can't change the mapping of your buttons on Android either (usually). To some extent. 

The difference between iOS and Android are mostly all customizability, which doesn't affect the vast majority of users, and those that are affected can easily jailbreak and gain all of that extra customizability. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

The only shame is that the money will basically never be used: They're so successful they have very little reasons to innovate that much or invest heavily. The only thing they could do is pull stuff like Microsoft and force themselves into the gaming industry or something like that really. Other than that they could flop for years and still be ok.

God! The horror of having apple in the gaming industry.

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

"Advanced research"

Do you seriously think Apple invented NVME?

They also invented rounded edges.

/sarcasm

So what phone manufacturer has implemented NVME SSDs in phones exactly? Please do tell me. 

God! The horror of having apple in the gaming industry.

Actually it might not be so bad: They'll definitely isolate and exploit the "casual" market and a few blockbusters like CoD and GTA and would create more room for "core" games to flourish. I'd love to see that dynamic in fact.

-------

Current Rig

-------

good for them, still getting the V10 in december so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

So what phone manufacturer has implemented NVME SSDs in phones exactly? Please do tell me. 

So they were first to implement a NVME controller, so what? 

Other companies probably had it in the pipeline before the 6s appeared anyway. I don't think that makes Apple special.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Apple should probably thank google and android OEMs for being so shit and trying to harvest soo much user data.

You really don't believe Apple isn't collecting your data as well?

CPU: AMD FX-6350@4.2Ghz GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston Fury Black + 2x4Gb Corsair Vengeance HDD: WD Green 1Tb SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 60Gb CASE: DeepCool Tesseract SW

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fJLRWZ

tim-cook-happy.jpg

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Can you change your home screen (launcher?) Can you set pattern unlocks? Can you arrange apps in any point on the home screen (or just send them to the app tray if you don't want to see them?) Can you place widgets on the home screen? Can you place widgets on the lock screen? Can you swipe from the top of your screen with two fingers to access all the quick toggles (that thing at the bottom of your screen has less than half of the toggles.) Can you change what the buttons on your device do? Can you access your file directory? I would say change keyboard, but that's available in iOS 9.

not a single one of those things interests me or effects the software and applications my phone can run, or the actual functionality it has

I dont feel like i need to customize it, because the interface is already well designed

You really don't believe Apple isn't collecting your data as well?

They are extremely strict on security, sure some data they will collect, but not as bad as many other companies, and not data that should be private

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Apples profits have beaten those of every company that has ever existed after they posted a net profit of $53.4 billion, beating the previous record set by ExxonMobil by almost $10 billion. Apples total revenue for 2015 currently stands at $233.7 billion, with the company currently values at a staggering $750 billion.

Apple, however, have downplayed this record-breaking news, and urged caution in the wake of such financial success. They pointed out that their sales of iPad devices have fallen by 20%, the lowest level since 2011, along with the disappointing uptake of the Apple Watch.

Despite these setbacks, Apples total revenue for Q3 was a staggering $51 billion, and with the release of the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus, they sold over 48 million IPhones in the same period.

Source: KitGuru http://www.kitguru.net/channel/jon-martindale/apples-profits-break-all-records-for-all-companies-ever/

Inflation. Someone needs to go out of their ways to see how that compares to previous record once you account for inflation.

So they were first to implement a NVME controller, so what?

Other companies probably had it in the pipeline before the 6s appeared anyway. I don't think that makes Apple special.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN SO WHAT??? YOU THINK IT WAS CHEAP OR EASY TO DO WITH MOBILE FLASH STORAGE???? "Other companies probably have it in the pipeline". So what? Apple did it first which means it was in their pipeline before others and that's just speculation on your part. You know for fact that other companies are going to implement an NVME controller soon?

Actually it might not be so bad: They'll definitely isolate and exploit the "casual" market and a few blockbusters like CoD and GTA and would create more room for "core" games to flourish. I'd love to see that dynamic in fact.

And if they use crap hardware again (the mobile GPUs in the MacBook Pro) developers might actually have to get of their asses and actually optimise for PC gaming.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN SO WHAT??? YOU THINK IT WAS CHEAP OR EASY TO DO WITH MOBILE FLASH STORAGE???? "Other companies probably have it in the pipeline". So what? Apple did it first which means it was in their pipeline before others and that's just speculation on your part. You know for fact that other companies are going to implement an NVME controller soon?

NVME already existed, so they just had to acquire a controller small enough (which probably already existed) to fit in the iPhone...and I'm sure other companies had an NVME in their upgrade pipeline already, why that matters I don't know though.

And if they use crap hardware again (the mobile GPUs in the MacBook Pro) developers might actually have to get of their asses and actually optimise for PC gaming.

mmmmm, no.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

NVME already existed, so they just had to acquire a controller small enough (which probably already existed) to fit in the iPhone...and I'm sure other companies had an NVME in their upgrade pipeline already, why that matters I don't know though.

mmmmm, no.

What I meant was just saying that others can do it too and having NVME in your product doesn't make you some sort of special snowflake.  

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!