Apple profits break all records for all companies in history

CGurrell

Cheap manufacturing and high profit margins'll do that for you. Oh, and avoiding taxes, obviously. Though I'm fairly sure they'd just raise the price of their devices if we dare to actually make them pay taxes.

inb4 hate: They're not the only ones that do this.

sheep dont get you sales figures like that. thats people coming back over and over becasue of how good it is....

There's a whole lot of very good phones that can easily rival the iPhone though.

People just don't consider other options when buying a phone. And they also need a new one every year for some reason. Sheeple.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

For Example, Nvidia / AMD spends millions, and Intel spend billions on R&D for their GPUs and CPUs, respectively. But still offer much more value for price/performance ratio.

FTFY

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

For me, Price of IPhone and Samsung phones is a big turn off. What's wrong in getting 3x less performance in 10x less price? You need to stop generalizing everything that costs much less and provided by honest companies who care more about lower/ middle class market than making huge profit by fooling people.

Apple in a Nutshell (For people with a working brain at least) :D

butthurt in a nutshell* 

1) premium products ALWAYS carry a premium price. Look at graphics cards, or CPUs, or literally any other phone manufacturer, the top tier product is never even close to the price/performance of the lower end models. 

2) if you honestly believe most companies give two shits about the individual then you're naive. 

3) Apple doesn't fool people; they offer an experience that the consumer prefers over the alternatives. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I got both of my mobile repaired multiple times when i removed OS and deleted recovery mode. They were co-operative enough fix my mobile under a week. I don't think it's not bad at all especially when you root the warranty of most android goes in vain. Doesn't matter whether they knew about it or thought it was due to some bug / glitch.

For me, Price of IPhone and Samsung phones is a big turn off. What's wrong in getting 3x less performance in 10x less price? You need to stop generalizing everything that costs much less and provided by honest companies who care more about lower/ middle class market than making huge profit by fooling people.

I'm sorry but you really seem butthurt at the moment. Use an iPod touch then tell me that iOS is worthless or too expensive to get into.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I missed that one xD.

I got both of my mobile repaired multiple times when i removed OS and deleted recovery mode. They were co-operative enough fix my mobile under a week. I don't think it's not bad at all especially when you root the warranty of most android goes in vain. Doesn't matter whether they knew about it or thought it was due to some bug / glitch.

What phone are you talking about ?

That's your opinion and I respect it.

Also I didn't generalize Apple support is better than those "honest companies" if you disagree with what I said please tell me what you disagree with and why. Also Apple isn't fooling people if you think so please tell me why.

Dennis Ritche unnoticed ? are you kidding me ? everyone that get's into developing or is interested in the history of computing knows hims he is a freaking phenom.

And you never answered my question and from the look of it you don't have experience with Apple support so yeah....

@Dan Castellaneta @djdwosk97

Isn't there a different word to bu****** ? like more politically correct one and less abrasive one ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

@Dan Castellaneta @djdwosk97

Isn't there a different word to bu****** ? like more politically correct one and less abrasive one ?

asshurt? /jk

i don't really think so, unless "salty" counts

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

irrationally upset? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

When you target naive people see no difference between iphone 1 and latest one i'm not surprised, not hating on apple just pointing it out, there people like this everywhere just have to know how to talk to them.

Everyone here can already tell the difference between iphone 1 and last one.

-snip-

Generally good idea if you wanna make huge profit to have large target audience that actually buys your stuff that you can easily reach.

Why you think huge car brands get in to trouble usually, if only small amount of people on globe can afford a car that's not really future proof company.

That's also not the majority of people; the majority of people can tell the difference between the 1st gen iPhone and the 6s (sure, they might not be able to tell the difference between the 6 and the 6s or the 5 and the 5s, but that's a bit different). That's a highly selectively cut/edited video ignoring all the people who didn't fall for that bullshit. 

And the fact that people can't tell the 6/6s apart or the 5/5s apart (in an instant of use) really just speaks about how little mobile performance is really improving. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

When you target naive people see no difference between iphone 1 and latest one i'm not surprised, not hating on apple just pointing it out, there people like this everywhere just have to know how to talk to them.

Generally good idea if you wanna make huge profit to have large target audience that actually buys your stuff that you can easily reach.

Why you think huge car brands get in to trouble usually, if only small amount of people on globe can afford a car that's not really future proof company.

That's minority - really really small one - from my experience and even my tech savvy dad knows the difference between iPhone 5s and 6.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Well, Anyway. Apple is not even in the Top 5 mobile brands in India and will never will be because most people here have average income alot less compared to US and not to mention,

IPhones costs about 30% more in India which makes it even worse. Samsung was at top for few years then recently last year an Indian Brand took over them and they (Indian Brands) are a rapidly growing market for lower/middle class people who don't even a have luxury of car and bike.

There must be something in it otherwise why would someone opt in for massively cheaper mobiles made by our local brands rather than Samsung or Apple phones which might provide marginally better premium feel but failed to occupy the hands of a common man because of it ridiculously unfair price tag.

About your 2nd point that i converted to bold, do you honestly think a company would offer great profit for themselves by selling a 2gb ram, 5" HD Screen; Quadcore processor, 16gb inbuilt memory, decent battery life and receiving above par reviews for 90$?

So what about Apple selling 1gb RAM and Dual core IPhones under 500-600$ (might be more or less according to different regions) price bracket? To say the least, I hate double standards, well i'm not interested in this argument anymore so either hold or say something meaning rather than being a biased.

Apple having shitty pricing in India is another issue altogether, and one that I'm not going to touch because I don't know enough about the international trade agreements/economies involved. 

Or because flagship devices (regardless of the manufacturer) really don't offer much to the average user. The majority of people could easily manage with an S4/iPhone 5/One M7/other without any noticeable performance issues. 

They charge $90 because they physically can't charge more. If they were to charge more they would make less money (see elasticity of demand). Plus, they may very likely get a kickback from the ISP. Not to mention, they're still probably making money on that $90 considering the age and quality of the hardware being used. 

iOS handles memory FAR better than Android does with 1gb being enough for the majority of users to never hit the RAM limit. And Apple's A9 (dual core CPU) kicks the ass of every other mobile CPU on the market (in benchmarks, and ties at worst in actual performance). Core count doesn't matter when the IPC is significantly higher and when the OS is far more efficient. 

I'm the one being biased? Look up any benchmark... 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

White gurls just have to have their Starbucks, Ugg boots, and gold iPhones...

You just described 90% of the girls I know.

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Well, Anyway. Apple is not even in the Top 5 mobile brands in India and will never will be because most people here have average income alot less compared to US and not to mention,

IPhones costs about 30% more in India which makes it even worse. Samsung was at top for few years then recently last year an Indian Brand took over them and they (Indian Brands) are a rapidly growing market for lower/middle class people who don't even a have luxury of car and bike.

If it's more expensive then it's probably due to takes and other stuff. And why does the ranking matter ? Also you got source to backup what you just claimed ?

There must be something in it otherwise why would someone opt in for massively cheaper mobiles made by our local brands rather than Samsung or Apple phones which might provide marginally better premium feel but failed to occupy the hands of a common man because of it ridiculously unfair price tag.

Yeah there is something to it, it's cheap and people can't afford iPhones that's why they go for it. And "marginally better premium feel" that I can't judge as I didn't try the phone you linked in another post. But I seriously doubt that what ever material they are using will be as good as aluminium.

I'm starting to feel like you never tried an iPhone as a daily driver and you can't afford it so you're trying to compensate to that by hating on the phone.

About your 2nd point that i converted to bold, do you honestly think a company would offer great profit for themselves by selling a 2gb ram, 5" HD Screen; Quadcore processor, 16gb inbuilt memory, decent battery life and receiving above par reviews for 90$?

You mean amazon reviews right ? And you think they are selling the phone at that price point out of kindness ? are you that delusional ? if they could jack the price up they would.

So what about Apple selling 1gb RAM and Dual core IPhones under 500-600$ (might be more or less according to different regions) price bracket? To say the least, I hate double standards, well i'm not interested in this argument anymore so either hold or say something meaning rather than being a biased.

Bruv please stop just stop, that "dual core" most likely crushes that "quad core" ( I couldn't find the CPU codename so if you can please tell me as I would love to see the benchmarks"

Double standard ? biased ? you seem the most biased here as far as I can see and what double standard ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Apple having shitty pricing in India is another issue altogether, and one that I'm not going to touch because I don't know enough about the international trade agreements/economies involved. 

Or because flagship devices (regardless of the manufacturer) really don't offer much to the average user. The majority of people could easily manage with an S4/iPhone 5/One M7/other without any noticeable performance issues. 

They charge $90 because they physically can't charge more. If they were to charge more they would make less money (see elasticity of demand). Plus, they may very likely get a kickback from the ISP. Not to mention, they're still probably making money on that $90 considering the age and quality of the hardware being used. 

iOS handles memory FAR better than Android does with 1gb being enough for the majority of users to never hit the RAM limit. And Apple's A9 (dual core CPU) kicks the ass of every other mobile CPU on the market. Core count doesn't matter when the IPC is significantly higher and when the OS is far more efficient. 

I'm the one being biased? Look up any benchmark...

I'm getting sick of people being like |1GB of RAM and Dual Core" like come on just come on please.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

So you say DDR3L and Snapdragon 820 is obsolete and dated? Makes Sense. At least for an Apple Fanboys like you.

End of the Argument for me. Enough of you wobbling my head around and literally generalizing everything under price.

When did I say DDR3L or an SD820 is dead? I never once said that, or anything like that. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

So you say DDR3L and Snapdragon 820 is obsolete and dated? Makes Sense. At least for an Apple Fanboys like you.

End of the Argument for me. Enough of you wobbling my head around and literally generalizing everything under price.

Yes please shove words down his throat cause why not.

Playing the fanboy card too ? Could you be more pathetic and ignorant ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Yes please shove words down his throat cause why not.

Playing the fanboy card too ? Could you be more pathetic and ignorant ?

so butthurt > fanboy? :P

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

so butthurt > fanboy? :P

What makes me sick he never answered my question and replied to me, shoves words down your throat, pulls fanboy card and says we are biased.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

...Did I say apple's devices were bad or something?  Did I say that apple doesn't have their game in order.  Did I say that 100% of all the credit should go to the other handset makers for not being worth their weight in salt?  And yea, the others being crap because of their shit software has a lot to do with things, especially my purchasing decisions.  Not sure what you're going on about but if you expect me to give apple a pat on the head for their crony ecosystem, you got another thing coming.

well yes you did. when you say apple should thank android for being shit you are implying that apple are shit.

That's what happens when a greedy company sells stuff for almost the 5x of the production cost and their stupid fanboys still blindly buy it without looking around for better alternatives at half of the price. :angry:

and your think that they are the only company to do so......lol

You make devices, who's materials and assembly cost 100$ and aim to sell them for 5-10x the value at the most stupid part of the market which is the majority of the people, tech illiterate people.

see above oh and tech illiterate people.....as linus sings its praises.....right

That's all free stuff though; that doesn't cost Apple any money....The only thing that costs money is the physical materials they put in users' hands. 

are you for real? nevermind  :blink:

There's a whole lot of very good phones that can easily rival the iPhone though.

People just don't consider other options when buying a phone. And they also need a new one every year for some reason. Sheeple.

oh that is such horse shit. i had a lg g3 and a sony z3 till i went back to iphone so i considered tried and found android to be a pile of shit......

oh please you could have done that with most phones and those people would have done the same thing. 

apples success, just like ios, is simple. and thats a good thing, people dont want the os to get in the way of using the phone. apple consistently look for ways to innovate and improve there devices, they are easy to use and come with great features, they last years not months (4s got ios 9 FFS) and there is solid support when you need it.

oh and @Wikiforce, you sir are the epitome of the apple "hateboy"......jealous that you cant afford one so you hate on it.

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

-snip-

f1cb3213249c849827956a72442401f6.jpg  ricky-gervais-hysterical-laughter.gif?w=

giphy.gif

whoo that was good

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

yet they phone i mentioned (you stated as 90$ one) have both of them as processor and ram and you make out that it would have cheap, outdated or obsolete hardware? Another baseless argument.

Why Don't you grow some beard and become a real man?

[

Well, I am off now for this thread and don't expect me to reply. I would be even happier if you don't quote me next time because I don't want to prove a point someone who behaves like an Alien who is completely from different world of pure harmony and luxury. Yet, There are some dogs and cats who can understand me better than an a human like you. I'm not talking about my pet because i don't have one. I simply hate them for their hygiene and lifestyle. Add to that, their maintenance and especially i can't even bear someone eating non veg food.

Much better to hit my head against the wall than arguing with a ridiculous blind Apple lover, I quit this thread and no more replies for you, atleast.

Backup your claims oh wait you can't cause it's fucking b.s.. Don't talk about being a man when you can't admit you're wrong, shoving words down someone throat, making b.s. claims, never replying to someone question and ignoring them just because you know you got no answer and you're wrong. Just stop you're being to pathetic here please stop it.

I wouldn't even bother to freaking tackle your post as it's b.s. and you just like to go off-topic and bring irrelevant shit.

And don't reply man that would just be better for all us and getting of LTT would even be better.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

whoo that was good

You're such a fanboy man so don't expect me to reply to you.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

yet they phone i mentioned (you stated as 90$ one) have both of them as processor and ram and you make out that it would have cheap, outdated or obsolete hardware? Another baseless argument.

Why Don't you grow some beard and become a real man?

Well, I am off now for this thread and don't expect me to reply. I would be even happier if you don't quote me next time because I don't want to prove a point someone who behaves like an Alien who is completely from different world of pure harmony and luxury. Yet, There are some dogs and cats who can understand me better than an a human like you. I'm not talking about my pet because i don't have one. I simply hate them for their hygiene and lifestyle. Add to that, their maintenance and especially i can't even bear someone eating non veg food.

Much better to hit my head against the wall than arguing with a ridiculous blind Apple lover, I quit this thread and no more replies for you, atleast.

resorting to memes?

that phone doesnt have a snapdragon 820..... it has a mediatek mt6582 running at 1.3ghz (which was released in october/january of 2013).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

snip

You really think using memes or jokes is gonna help you? Argue and defend your case with facts an sources. This just causes you to lose any respect you had in this thread.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Well Apple you are an odd fellow, but I must admit, you steam a good mobile device.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD