Apple profits break all records for all companies in history

CGurrell

They are employed under/by Apple or to Apple's knowledge, and they do nothing about it. It is directly their responsibility to protect the people working for them. They are aware of the horrors being down to children (and adults of course) who tiredly work their asses off to create their expensive products. They could make a point to stop producing in the problem countries, to drop Foxconn, but they don't. It is a profit so they don't care.

Really? Well, there are hundreds of different threads on LTT forums alone about Apple's attempts to patient things they shouldn't or things they didn't even create. I feel like you haven't really looked into Apple criticisms before because if you did, you would understand why a company possessing that much money and power is a really horrible thing. At the moment I'm on my Moto G so I can't post fancy (PC is doing a hard drive check) like I'm use to, but there is a Wikipedia page you can read through for the basics. And of course, I am not asking you to directly trust wikipedia alone. Feel free to google the things within.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Apple_Inc.#Google_Voice_controversy

What do you want them to do ? they are a business after all ? I'm not justifying what they are doing and I don't support it I actually hate it but what do you want them to do ? what will they use instead of Foxconn ? do you think share holders will be happy about it ? or even support it in the slightest way ? I don't know much about how Apple structure as a company but I'm sure share holders have their impact on them.

And I haven't researched that much onto criticism over apple cause all I got was about patents and Foxconn workers and you're the only one to actually give a source that has a lot of information ( thanks ), gonna give it a really good read do some research and then reply.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

What do you want them to do ? they are a business after all ? I'm not justifying what they are doing and I don't support it I actually hate it but what do you want them to do ? what will they use instead of Foxconn ? do you think share holders will be happy about it ? or even support it in the slightest way ? I don't know much about how Apple structure as a company but I'm sure share holders have their impact on them.

And I haven't researched that much onto criticism over apple cause all I got was about patents and Foxconn workers and you're the only one to actually give a source that has a lot of information ( thanks ), gonna give it a really good read do some research and then reply.

Instead of focusing entirely on profit and getting things for uber cheap, they could move their work outside of China for example, and to a company that literally doesn't beat its employees.  That's something they could do. Or just follow laws or basic humane treatments.

No problem. I hope the link gives you a good chance of seeing the rest of the issues, because hey...maybe if one other person knew it would mean one more step towards stopping it.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Stealing designs and being able to patent it ? What the patent for round edges ? that didn't go through did it ? if you have examples of the patents please link me the patents themselves not an article about Apple wanting to patent something. The Tax thing is probably true but I know shit about it but can you like provide a source ?

Here is one of their many patents which involves extremely vague terms. In this particular link you see their patent they filed for the iPad. Please however note that while it might look like a very detailed outline with ports and such, those ports are not part of the patent as specified here:

The shade lines in the Figures show contour and not surface ornamentation.

The broken lines in the Figure show portions of the portable display device which form no part of the claimed design.

As you might be able to see, all the buttons, sensors as well as the ports are "broken lines". Not even the display's lines are solid and are therefore not included in the patent.

When you remove those things from the image you are literally left with a blank rectangle.

Here is another patent they got which can be summarized as "colorful icons on a grid". As we saw in the Samsung case, you violate this patent if your icons looks similar to Apple's. You are not allowed to have colorful icons with rounded edges on a grid.

Here is another one of Apple's "rounded edge" patents. Please take note of all the non-solid lines as well as the "None of the broken lines form a part of the claimed design". This one at least includes the home button in the design, although as we saw with Samsung, the design does not have to match perfectly for it to count as an infringement.

As for the tax things, there are a ton of articles about it because they use a lot of different ways to avoid it. They got subsidiaries in Ireland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, British Virgin Islands as well Nervada and by shuffling their profits around in those places they avoid a ton of taxes. Here is one source and here is another one.

According to this Ars Technica article, Apple is right now avoiding 59 billion dollars in tax money by having their money located in other countries.

And all on the backs of something very close to slave labor.

I hope you feel good about yourselves. Owners of Apple products.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Sure, the ignorant bunch should feel sad...

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

Sure, the ignorant bunch should feel sad...

Not sad, but guilty for making Apple and FoxCon executives rich, while people in China contemplate jumping off the roof because that would make more money for their families.

Not sad, but guilty for making Apple and FoxCon executives rich, while people in China contemplate jumping off the roof because that would make more money for their families.

Yeah, no. I know this and I still bought an iPhone 6S Plus

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

Yeah, no. I know this and I still bought an iPhone 6S Plus

And I hope you're happy knowing that you contributed, in however a small way, to further human suffering.

I feel perfectly fine actually. 

And I hope you're happy knowing that you contributed, in however a small way, to further human suffering.

Do you eat chicken? How about beef? Do you have a pet? Do you ever get in a car? Wear jewelry? Use any electronic device? Use electricity? Use anything that's manufactured in China, Thailand, India, Europe, America, anywhere? Do you heat your house? Do you waste water or food? 

You've caused just as much human suffering as someone who has purchased an Apple product. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

If only Apple paid taxes.

what do you mean? I dont understand? 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

I feel perfectly fine actually. 

Do you eat chicken? How about beef? Do you have a pet? Do you ever get in a car? Wear jewelry? Use any electronic device? Use electricity? Use anything that's manufactured in China, Thailand, India, Europe, America, anywhere? Do you heat your house? Do you waste water or food? 

You've caused just as much human suffering as someone who has purchased an Apple product. 

I suppose some of that is true, but I still haven't supported Apple, which is now benefitting more than any company in history, from human suffering. Literally the "worst of the worst" of scum.

what do you mean? I dont understand? 

They do what literally every other company in existence does, they have headquarters in certain countries in order to reduce the amount of taxes they have to pay. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

The irony behind the insult "sheeple" is that it's such a mainstream way of making fun of Apple fans that it's sheep-like to use it.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

"Advanced research"

Do you seriously think Apple invented NVME?

They also invented rounded edges.

/sarcasm

LOL you think they stole the copyrighted nvme?

The irony behind the insult "sheeple" is that it's such a mainstream way of making fun of Apple fans that it's sheep-like to use it.

lol

Oh god, I liked something you said....does that make me a sheep too? 

Wait, no, I can't be a sheep...I can clearly think for myself since I am able to question my sheepness. But does the very act of questing (and disregarding that) in itself make me a sheep? I'm getting a headache. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

That is such a funny argument, you should stop with it while you're ahead.

Apple isn't the only company in the world to buy from Foxxcon. Samsung, LG, Motorola, ASUS, MSI, ASRock, just to name a few others that order from Foxxcon. Want to know the difference between these companies and Apple? Apple has been actively forcing Foxxcon to improve their working conditions. Go back to the original iPad Mini, Apple contracted another company to develop the iPad to show off to Foxxcon that they don't require them, and that they need to improve working conditions to continue receiving their business.

But if you want to live in your fantasy world where your Galaxy device is handmade by an American worker making $80k/year that goes back home to his family after an 8-hour shift, continue doing so, but don't confuse others from the real world and your imaginary world.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

How does a company manage to make $53b in profit...

insane profit margins

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

LOL you think they stole the copyrighted nvme?

One thing is buying a controller chip and the other is developing it from scratch. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

One thing is buying a controller chip and the other is developing it from scratch.

Not really, both are almost the same price.

well yes you did. when you say apple should thank android for being shit you are implying that apple are shit.

Excuse me but no I did not, and I'll thank you to stop putting words in my mouth.  If you want to divine some additional meaning from whatever you "feel" others are saying then leave me out of it.

Again; Apple should probably thank android OEMs for being so shit and trying to harvest soo much user data.  People are obviously down with paying more to protect themselves from android like shitware and the accompanying battery drain.

That is such a funny argument, you should stop with it while you're ahead.

Apple isn't the only company in the world to buy from Foxxcon. Samsung, LG, Motorola, ASUS, MSI, ASRock, just to name a few others that order from Foxxcon. Want to know the difference between these companies and Apple? Apple has been actively forcing Foxxcon to improve their working conditions. Go back to the original iPad Mini, Apple contracted another company to develop the iPad to show off to Foxxcon that they don't require them, and that they need to improve working conditions to continue receiving their business.

But if you want to live in your fantasy world where your Galaxy device is handmade by an American worker making $80k/year that goes back home to his family after an 8-hour shift, continue doing so, but don't confuse others from the real world and your imaginary world.

Galaxy device? I don't have one. And as I pointed out, breaking this record makes Apple the company that has benefited more from near slave labor than ANY OTHER COMPANY IN HISTORY. making it worst of the worst. End of story. You don't go after the small fish, you go after the biggest fish to put the other fish in line.

You're essentially saying "you don't have a problem with soviet Russia" when Apple is China under Chairman Mao and has harmed FAR more people, on the moral scale.

If you don't get the reference, evil regimes, in terms of most egregious to least egregious, go China > Soviet Russia > The Nazi's. In terms of the number of people murdered.

My eyes! ....Cant. read. post.

Please fix the font color. Thanks.  :D

(dark theme user)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

nice black text on black background OP.