Apple profits break all records for all companies in history

CGurrell

Why does everyone on these threads spec race. Last time I checked having a higher geekbench when the phone detects benchmarks and goes into power hog mode for benchmark. Htc and I heard Samsung. No real user is going to push their phone as hard as the benchmark. Also as said earlier lots of cores doesn't mean a better or worse chip unless work loads are specialized. All that matters is the overall ipc is high that it doesn't chew power in high speed mode under normal load.

And all the current phone CPU/gpus could take a highend phone load for a couple of years do some overpowered chips that were designed for tablets rather than phones quite frankly. A phone CPU from a year ago could still support current loads easily.

Phones shouldn't be spec raced given how their used should be obviously...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Why does everyone on these threads spec race. Last time I checked having a higher geekbench when the phone detects benchmarks and goes into power hog mode for benchmark. Htc and I heard Samsung. No real user is going to push their phone as hard as the benchmark. Also as said earlier lots of cores doesn't mean a better or worse chip unless work loads are specialized. All that matters is the overall ipc is high that it doesn't chew power in high speed mode under normal load.

And all the current phone CPU/gpus could take a highend phone load for a couple of years do some overpowered chips that were designed for tablets rather than phones quite frankly. A phone CPU from a year ago could still support current loads easily.

Phones shouldn't be spec raced given how their used should be obviously...

no doubt, but that doesnt change the performance you get (not that most people need it).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

no doubt, but that doesnt change the performance you get (not that most people need it).

My issue is people care to much about an extremely minority issue. A phone is primarily about the user experience, storage, and network support...oneplus one was a powerful and cheap phone but it's user experience was hampered by software issues more expensive vendor supplied phones ironed out before launch usually.

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

They sell nvme to you.

They do advanced research, those need money you know?

"Advanced research"

Do you seriously think Apple invented NVME?

They also invented rounded edges.

/sarcasm

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

"Advanced research"

Do you seriously think Apple invented NVME?

They also invented rounded edges.

/sarcasm

He's saying that NVME costs more than normal storage and that they ALSO spend a lot on RnD (i.e. A-series cpus, 3D touch, other).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

If only Apple payed US taxes.

or eu

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

He's saying that NVME costs more than normal storage and that they ALSO spend a lot on RnD (i.e. A-series cpus, 3D touch, other).

NVME doesnt cost that much more to produce really. It is just sold at a premium because the manufacturers CAN.....

also, when looking at deals between huge compnies, the amount you pay for something, is far closer to manufacturing cost, then a consumer ever will get.

NVME doesnt cost that much more to produce really. It is just sold at a premium because the manufacturers CAN.....

also, when looking at deals between huge compnies, the amount you pay for something, is far closer to manufacturing cost, then a consumer ever will get.

Oh, I know. I'm not saying NVME accounts for the higher cost of the device; I'm just clarifying what someone else said. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'm just saying that let's not jump on the whole fanboy bandwagon here. 

Most of the hardware in any phone on the market comes from third parties. Very little of it is actual in-house engineering. 3D-touch is one such thing as well.

So they have some neat software solutions, but we're not debating that. 

Let's not kid ourselves, the reason for Apple's success is superb marketing. Their products are not THAT much better than the competition in any area.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Most of the hardware in any phone on the market comes from third parties. Very little of it is actual in-house engineering. 3D-touch is one such thing as well.

Let's not kid ourselves, the reason for Apple's success is superb marketing. Their products are not THAT much better than the competition in any area.

They have their own eco system that's a big advantage imo. And yes superb marketing is a big reason into why Apple is Apple.

Their CPUs are in house I believe.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Apple does spend quite a bit of money on RnD, and whether or not it's in-house is irrelevant if they're the ones funding it. 

You're right, they're products aren't that much better in any one particular place, BUT, Apple tends to do everything as a whole better -- i.e. there are usually fewer downsides -- you don't have to decide between a bad camera or a worse CPU. The point is that most devices currently on the market are all equally good for most things that most people do. However, iOS does feel different to use than Android; and that's something that many people prefer (and many others prefer the feel of Android over iOS) even when both OS's are the same for the vast majority of things. 

Good marketing alone doesn't make a company successful, you need to offer an experience that is superior (or at least feels superior) to the competition. And that is something that Apple has successfully done. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I don't get it. Apple's iPhone 6S has been the most amazing, most innovative smartphone this year, and all people have to do is shit on Apple for making money? I don't think Apple makes terrible devices, I think you're all just jealous you're not getting a slice of $53B.

Apple's A9 processor. They refuse to adopt big.LITTLE, but maybe for a reason. A dual core processor manages to outperform every other flagship device, and isn't a battery hungry monster either. The GPU is no slacker either, it's the most powerful GPU available in smartphones.

3D Touch. It's pretty cool, the implementation of it as well as the general feeling of it is absolutely amazing, if I were to move to an iPhone 6S I'm sure I'd struggle to move back to Android. No Android device has it yet.

NVME. It's not a brand spanking new technology developed by Apple, but goddamnit, Apple was the first to implement it in a smartphone. LG, Samsung, Motorola, they're all falling behind on storage performance compared to Apple, it really can make a difference if you guys haven't noticed. Hell, the iPhone 6 is still the second fastest in storage speed if I'm not mistaken.

Samsung, LG, Motorola, and others have done nothing to innovate the smartphone market recently. OnePlus made a move towards USB Type-C but Apple has had lightning cables for how long now? Cameras have made great strides in the Android market, but... Androids were just catching up to iPhone, they weren't pushing the limits of what a smartphone camera could do. Wireless charging? You might have that, but... it's not a great selling point. Quick Charge is pretty cool though.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

When people expect you to make the best phone in the market and you deliver, people will be your phone. Like Linus said on the XDA podcast, companies like OnePlus that don't try to deliver the best phone on the market, but a budget phone with minimal to no margins, is bound to fail.

3D Touch. It's pretty cool, the implementation of it as well as the general feeling of it is absolutely amazing, if I were to move to an iPhone 6S I'm sure I'd struggle to move back to Android. No Android device has it yet.

Androids were just catching up to iPhone, they weren't pushing the limits of what a smartphone camera could do.

Wireless charging? You might have that, but... it's not a great selling point. Quick Charge is pretty cool though.

meh, I pretty much forgot my 6s+ has 3D touch. I find it more annoying then useful, but that could also be that it's kind of awkward to apply force to the screen of such a big phone -- it might be far more useful on a small device where you're not 'struggling' to grip the stupid thing. 

Some Android cameras are better than the iPhones, although part of that is because many Android cameras (see Galaxy cameras) do some pretty heavy editing to make the images appear better whereas Apple leaves the photos more natural. 

One problem I have with wireless charging is that a lot of people will use and charge their phones at the same time....which is something which doesn't quite work with wireless charging. Plus, plugging in a wire isn't exactly hard and I think might be better since I would place the wireless charging mat in the same place where I leave my phone, which would mean I'd end up charging my phone constantly rather than just when it needs to be charged. With that said, I'd still like wireless charging; but I would much rather have quickcharge. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

When people expect you to make the best phone in the market and you deliver, people will be your phone. Like Linus said on the XDA podcast, companies like OnePlus that don't try to deliver the best phone on the market, but a budget phone with minimal to no margins, is bound to fail.

one plus also had some marketing blunders :)

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Good God...

Thank you, stupid people, for making this monster.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Good God...

Thank you, stupid people, for making this monster.

]

What's wrong ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

]

What's wrong ?

No one should be as rich and powerful as Apple.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

No one should be as rich and powerful as Apple.

Why ? and they earned it so yeah.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Why ? and they earned it so yeah.

Well it isn't that someone shouldn't, by itself, be rich. It is that the power that comes with it is always abused...which is what Apple has been doing.

Well it isn't that someone shouldn't, by itself, be rich. It is that the power that comes with it is always abused...which is what Apple has been doing.

Tell me how they abused their power but before you do that tell me how powerful they are and where does their power stop.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Tell me how they abused their power but before you do that tell me how powerful they are and where does their power stop.

They have so much power and money they can take designs and products of other companies, "recreate" it and then convince the world (the buyers mostly) that they created it and therefore have the right and ability to patient it. Their money and power also keeps unwanted attention away from the fact that they have sweat shops and abuse their workers (google the video of the workers being beaten). They dodge taxes, they have a large problem with income equality, they abuse their power by banning things they don't like (Google voice, books etc etc), tightly controls the media concerning its products, warranty abuse, abuses claims of infringement, environmental destruction, and their collaboration with the NSA.

Their power doesn't seem to have an end. If you want specific details, how in the world do I measure where it start and stops? It seems it stops at some measure of controlling agencies of our government or to the point that they can be ignored by the law/government.

They are a cancer.

They have so much power and money they can take designs and products of other companies, "recreate" it and then convince the world (the buyers mostly) that they created it and therefore have the right and ability to patient it. Their money and power also keeps unwanted attention away from the fact that they have sweat shops and abuse their workers (google the video of the workers being beaten). They dodge taxes, they have a large problem with income equality, they abuse their power by banning things they don't like (Google voice, books etc etc), tightly controls the media concerning its products, warranty abuse, abuses claims of infringement, environmental destruction, and their collaboration with the NSA.

Their power doesn't seem to have an end. If you want specific details, how in the world do I measure where it start and stops? It seems it stops at some measure of controlling agencies of our government or to the point that they can be ignored by the law/government.

They are a cancer.

Those are foxconn and similar companies workers not Apple workers so there is that. Stealing designs and being able to patent it ? What the patent for round edges ? that didn't go through did it ? if you have examples of the patents please link me the patents themselves not an article about Apple wanting to patent something. The Tax thing is probably true but I know shit about it but can you like provide a source ? What's the problem with income equality ? what do you mean ? About them abusing their workers if it's Foxconn then they aren't their workers but if it's actually their workers who work in Apple stores and are part of Apple then please backup that claim. Their collaboration with NSA ? didn't Apple have a page that says we don't give information to a government and when they were forced to give information they removed that page ? ( I forgot what it's called but it was brought up on The Tek many times ). Tightly controls the media ? if they could do that bendgate wouldn't have happened. warranty abuse ? elaborate please. claims of infringement ? like ? environmental destruction ? isn't that up to Foxconn and other factories ?

Sorry if I have grammar mistake and post looks messy but it's 1 AM and the room is dark af.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Those are foxconn and similar companies workers not Apple workers so there is that. Stealing designs and being able to patent it ? What the patent for round edges ? that didn't go through did it ? if you have examples of the patents please link me the patents themselves not an article about Apple wanting to patent something. The Tax thing is probably true but I know shit about it but can you like provide a source ? What's the problem with income equality ? what do you mean ? About them abusing their workers if it's Foxconn then they aren't their workers but if it's actually their workers who work in Apple stores and are part of Apple then please backup that claim. Their collaboration with NSA ? didn't Apple have a page that says we don't give information to a government and when they were forced to give information they removed that page ? ( I forgot what it's called but it was brought up on The Tek many times ). Tightly controls the media ? if they could do that bendgate wouldn't have happened. warranty abuse ? elaborate please. claims of infringement ? like ? environmental destruction ? isn't that up to Foxconn and other factories ?

Sorry if I have grammar mistake and post looks messy but it's 1 AM and the room is dark af.

They are employed under/by Apple or to Apple's knowledge, and they do nothing about it. It is directly their responsibility to protect the people working for them. They are aware of the horrors being down to children (and adults of course) who tiredly work their asses off to create their expensive products. They could make a point to stop producing in the problem countries, to drop Foxconn, but they don't. It is a profit so they don't care.

Really? Well, there are hundreds of different threads on LTT forums alone about Apple's attempts to patient things they shouldn't or things they didn't even create. I feel like you haven't really looked into Apple criticisms before because if you did, you would understand why a company possessing that much money and power is a really horrible thing. At the moment I'm on my Moto G so I can't post fancy (PC is doing a hard drive check) like I'm use to, but there is a Wikipedia page you can read through for the basics. And of course, I am not asking you to directly trust wikipedia alone. Feel free to google the things within.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Apple_Inc.#Google_Voice_controversy