Morman

ibm

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

AMD because R9 295x2 was on sale for £500 and I needed a decent graphics solution.

If I had the money, I'd buy a Fury X so that I could use FreeSync with my monitor. The Titan would be for CUDA.

Personally, Nvidia

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I prefer AMD because... Uhm... I don't have a reason tbh, I just do. I will choose an NVIDIA card for builds though and I'm probably getting myself a GTX 295 and 480 for some experimentation :D

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

i prefer Nvidia because of they have an all-in-one game capture solution in their GPU's. Full 1440p60fps gameplay videos, no extra software required and no drain on CPU resources.

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

Nvidia because they provide compelling features for me rather than just "being cheap". ShadowPlay, CUDA, and geforce experience have been good to me.

Personally I prefer Nvidia, been using their GPU's since the 6600GT (which I got off a mate after an ATi card died on me), before that I had a few ATi cards which were alright, from memory. But my last ATi card whatever it was when I had when I had my AMD Athlon x64 desktop back around 2006 just up & died on me just outside of the warranty period which soured me toward them.

But I was sold with Nvidia when I got my 8800GTS, I loved that GPU it lived for almost 5 years before it packed it in, in late 2011. It was still capable at the time of running a lot of games at max setting which I loved. But now it looks like a joke with it's 640MB GDDR3 vram, when compared to even my current GTX560.

But saying all that, can't say I wouldn't disregard an AMD GPU in a new rig given how impressive they have been in recent for terms of performance for price.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

Amd - best bang for your buck but it has it drawbacks, like heat output. Their leading the tech industry with multiple partnerships for worldwide tech adaptation/standardization. Meanwhile the other team, markets on their huge fanbase with little improvements and high premium.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Wheres the I dont care option.  Current card-AMD 7970, Last card-Nvidia GTX 570.  Whatever offers better price/performance for my budget is what card I choose..

holy shit are we twins I did the exact same upgrade from the same card

I used to be quite active here.

i used to like Nvidia, like a lot... but over the years iv'e come to like AMD more. Mainly because with Nvidia, it feels like you are just waiting for them to grab the next opportunity to screw you over just for the heck of it...

I don't really have a preference, when asked to choose between two evils its hard to choose which one you like least. These are companies not football teams, they sell products and the useful comparison is at a product level. Everything else is just tribalism and that isn't a good thing.

Nvidia, and I used to have AMD Graphics cards !

AMD seems as if its a company thats about to collapse, certainly if their new Zen Processor is crappy

Nvidia. I used ATI / AMD graphics way back, also at the time because of the price compared to Nvidia. But with many compatibility issues, especially back then, I switched to Nvidia a long time ago and never have watched back. The only thing that I think now is a little bit annoying is the whole Registriation for Nvidia drivers. I dont have a problem with Geforce Experience, but I also dont think all so called optimizations it offers are necessarely the best to use, but its not that I have to use those presets. They are suggestions, I still can choose if I want to use it. But still, why now so many companies try to bind people with accounts to stuff, I really dont appreciate.

But if nothing else is getting worse, I will keep Nvidia in the future as well.

Amd , because i like the idea of supporting the underdog .

But honestly both brands are fine .

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

AMD because Prize/Performance at cards that is not completely top end

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

NVIDIAaaaahhhhhhhh[.]

Edited by Godlygamer23

I prefer whoever has the best price - performance.

Examples-

980Ti > Fury X

390 > 970

390x > 980

Fury > 980

380 > 960 and so on.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Nvidia just because of Shadow play

To bad other streaming programs exist such as OBS

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

NVIDIAaaaahhhhhhhh[.]

I've come to say AMD, not because brand favoritism, but more of that I've worked with a crap ton more AMD devices (two laptops and a desktop) than Nvidia devices (a friend's laptop). I'm used to Catalyst Control Center. I'm used to Gaming Evolved. I can't really say the same for Nvidia.

Edited by Godlygamer23

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I have no specific preference, but I have enjoyed using Nvidia cards more, I find their feature set, drivers, and install process easier than AMD

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I prefer what gives me more for my money - I'd gladly swap my 280 for a 680 4G/670 4G/770 4G/760 4G but I am not touching Maxwell - until you get to a 980 you are just getting an underbuilt card.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6