Do you prefer Nvidia or AMD?

Morman

nvidia for some of the features they have

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

NVidia cause drivers and because I like they're reference cards, and the brands ex) EVGA, Galax ect.

AMD is more budget oriented, since I never put myself on extremely strict budgets I don't need to go with an AMD GPU 

AMD is is good most of the time on price to performance. And lately the drivers have not been shit compared to Nvidia.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

NVIDIA, because I can afford the higher-end cards. But for low-end or mid-range builds, I go AMD all the way.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Whatever performs best.

I disliked AMD's marketing since the fixer videos  I guess...

Edited by Godlygamer23

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

No real preference. First I look at the available options based on my price-point, then compare hardware specs and benchmarks.

When I was buying my GPU, my price was about ~$300 CAD and the options were either an R9 280X or GTX 770. I looked at the 770's 2GB VRAM, chuckled a bit, then bought the 280X.

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S | MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout | SSD1: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | SSD2: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Monitors: Dell S2716DG + Asus MX259H  | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 (Cherry MX Brown) | PSU: Corsair RMx 850W

I personally prefer AMD because they're cards are cheaper and I'm poor as hell.

I prefer some of the features that the Nvidia cards have at this current point in time. But I used an 6950 for many years. And boy was it nice to have four DP outputs on that thing.

I have a 980ti in my system right next to me but my profile picture is of the Fury/Fury X gpu die. If AMD makes a card that outperforms the 1080(?)Ti then I'll buy that for sure! If not then I'll go Nvidia again. I hope that AMD will make a comeback and have the better gpu next year so I'll vote them, but if they don't well I won't be to upset.

Edited by Davethegamer

CIS Student

Bleeding Panther

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-5820K | Deepcool CAPTAIN 360EX | Thermatake TG-7 | Gigabyte AORUS Xtreme Edition GTX 1080 Ti | MSI X99S Gaming 7 | G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GBx2 | Hitachi Ultrastar 7K3000 3TB x2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX Tempered Glass | EVGA 850 G2 | Corsair Air Series SP120x6 | Corsair STRAFE Wired Gaming Keyboard | Logitech MX Master 2S | Audio-Technica M50x Headphones

Nvidias features are good, but my next card will most likely be an AMD card.

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

price/perf is all I care about so AMD

also AMD loses value quicker in the used market so even better price/perf

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I prefer the better option for my needs, and lately nvidia has been where I've gone to.

It wasent always like that though. When I was first building my PC, back when the 780 was just coming out, I was considering getting the 7970.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

I'm unbiased. But I use and like AMD because I'm poor as hell and they have great bang for the buck products. If/When I can have a higher budget for a system I'm definitely jumping for an Nvidia card. But even then my HD7850 will always hold a special place in my heart.

Current System: R7 1700x 3.93Ghz, PowerColor R9 380x 1.14ghz, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200mhz, EVGA 650 GS

Neither.

I will take whichever is the best value to performance within my budget. Even if that's generally AMD...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

NVidia cause drivers and because I like they're reference cards, and the brands ex) EVGA, Galax ect.

AMD is more budget oriented, since I never put myself on extremely strict budgets I don't need to go with an AMD GPU

great to see another galax supporter but I wouldn't say amd is a budget option they have high end (fury x) and lower and (270x?) Just like nvidia

Nvidia due to today's compatibility and features. AMD is more of a price with performance. You pay extra for the goodies that Nvidia provides.

No real preference. First I look at the available options based on my price-point, then compare hardware specs and benchmarks.

When I was buying my GPU, my price was about ~$300 CAD and the options were either an R9 280X or GTX 770. I looked at the 770's 2GB VRAM, chuckled a bit, then bought the 280X.

I personally use AMD but I would use nvidia if I had a reason to. I dont really prefer either one. Each one has its own use.

There is no equally liking them both... oh wait there is, well that options not on the poll and i'm to lazy to put it there :D

i care for the better bang for buck product when i want to buy a gpu. I am not brand loyal but i am weary of AMD being in a slump, for example it would push me to nvidias side as i would want assurance that the gpu company doesnt die.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1