Mods please actually detail before locking.

Curufinwe_wins

First things first. I haven't had a thread locked yet (unless this breaks the streak). But you guys have recently been doing a terrible job on actually detailing what is wrong with a post (NEWS SECTION LOOKING AT YOU) before just locking it.

When posting in this section, please put forth more effort in your posts. Locked.

This is NOT constructive. It does not HELP ANYONE. You literally are propagating the issue by not actually informing people what the SPECIFIC REASON YOU FEEL THIS THREAD SHOULD BE LOCKED FOR.

News does not meet guideline.
Anyone else feel free to post your own version of the news and I'll merge this one with the other.
Sorry for this, but the OP was warned several time. 

This is also not helpful. No one who reads the article will be able to determine what the ACTUAL ISSUE WAS with his posts simply because you chose not to actually detail it. And before anyone mentions this person deserved it or something, numerous of the warnings I have seen on this forum consist of "-linktoCoC- fix your shit or it's locked". That is OBVIOUSLY NOT HELPFUL. The minutia of what is considered tech, news, etc and what is enough work is clearly not obvious to everyone (myself included and I have obviously a just a few posts here.)

Locked.

One of my personal favorites. In fairness to this mod who has already been featured in the quotes here. This guy was posting tons of stuff at once. But I am completely unaware on how it ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT A SECOND'S thought deserves locking.

You know what the best part of this whole situation is? People get upset with wanna-be moderators on the forums, but in most cases they are the ONLY ones ACTUALLY willing to explain why something is wrong, and how to fix it (or not do it in the first place.) I understand as mods reading through this stuff you can get burned out, but then take a step back and if you need to STOP BEING A MOD. Or please continue on with your day to day routine while actually acting in a manner that helps grow the standards here not just leave them vaguely pinned up top.

(Finally a massive fix needs to be taken into account on what ACTUALLY counts as a repost of the same topic and what counts as original material, because too many times here we see distant continuations of the same story BY DIFFERENT SOURCES AND POSTERS, that mods lock because in their extremely vague and SUBJECTIVE manner it is a repost. After all we don't lock every Cannonlake leak instantly referring to the years old first topic about it so clearly there is a point where they are considered different.)

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I stand with you.

RIP Quotes.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I agree with you.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I hate to get into a mod vs members post like this but yeah, I would like to see a good deal more input on mod's part before post lock (as you said; especially in news)

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

I will fight by your side.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

I support this argument.

To quote GLaDOS from Portal "He said what we're all thinking!"

I think some mods should see this and act on it. How bout it, guys?

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

I agree, and if this gets locked imma be mad

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Also, Slick would be a good person to contact. 

It's pretty easy to know why a thread gets locked in the news subsection because there's a pinned thread that tells exactly what the op should contain to not get locked.

It's pretty easy to know why a thread gets locked in the news subsection because there's a pinned thread that tells exactly what the op should contain to not get locked.

Yeah but because of the amount of pinned threads there is throughout the forum, people including me, tend to just not look at them anymore.

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  

But when someone made a thread that was not exactly up to the standards, wouldn't it be better to tell the OP this and tell them to edit the post, rather than lock (and possibly remove) the thread and making someone else make the thread..

That just doesn't seem smart or the best way of going about this.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Yeah but because of the amount of pinned threads there is throughout the forum, people including me, tend to just not look at them anymore.

Then there's no one but yourself to blame when your thread gets locked.

And seriously it's like a 2 minute read.

Idk, some of the quotes I know of the thread and though you make some points the news section has more stringent guidelines than other sections, also reposts are annoying so really they should be locked if the same news story is being shared regardless unless their source has some new insight worth talking about.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I stand on top of you.

That's not very nice, I'm sure everyone would appreciate it if you stood with us instead :P

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Idk, some of the quotes I know of the thread and though you make some points the news section has more stringent guidelines than other sections, also reposts are annoying so really they should be locked if the same news story is being shared regardless unless there source has some new insight worth talking about.

Yea but repost is not the issue, if you we're looking at the previous thread, he just straight up locked didn't even tell him to edit

We understand that the sudden locks in the Tech News sub-forum is not something that's been happening for a while. However, it's also our fault for not keeping up with the standards that we require and suddenly locking threads is going to be a sting for some people. I cannot go into details, but we are changing how the Tech News section is set up and what we require.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Just look at @TopWargamer @GoodBytes news posts, they're nice. They're detailed and they're well laid out. It isn't the entire article copy pasted, its snippets and then their own words to fill you in further. Along with their own opinions as well. I'll admit, this forum means a lot to me, as does the news section so it bothers me when people don't follow the guidelines for posting news.

It should be pretty self explanitory, i don't see why it wouldn't make sesne or need futher explaination.

But when someone made a thread that was not exactly up to the standards, wouldn't it be better to tell the OP this and tell them to edit the post, rather than lock (and possibly remove) the thread and making someone else make the thread..

That just doesn't seem smart or the best way of going about this.

In a quote from the op here it said that the op from a news thread was warned several times before locking the thread.

Then there's no one but yourself to blame when your thread gets locked.

And seriously it's like a 2 minute read.

I'm just saying that their's too many pinned threads.

My rig: 

Agreed. Too many topics just get locked for no reason or without stating why it was locked and people then don't know what they did wrong.

@FuzzyYellow

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!